Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Japan aggressively devaluing currency

RVPleaseToday

could the yen also be falling because japan is getting china extremely mad over the little island , and the other items that japan has deamed it will act on toward chinas coast lines, i think china remebers the `ol` days when japan rushed in a took a lot of china by suprise , took a lot of area of china in a big struggle just asking didn`t know if this would be a reason ??

Quantative Easing, Everyones printing money. I'm sorry for the Japanes who thoght they had a considerable amount of money in the bank one day and then the next day they wake up and it's lost 20% of it's value. Same thing could very easily happen here. JMO angry.gif

Trust me when I say that most Japanese are as oblivious as Americans when it comes to how much money their currency is actually worth and how their respective governments are screwing them over.

Who it really sucks for is Americans who do business here, but send money home. I leave in a year, so I hope the yen strengthens again, otherwise, it's going to hurt big time.

• Upvote 2

I was in Japan between 2002 and 2005. During that time, I saw the Yen at 110-118 per dollar. What I thought was odd was that the teachers would instruct their students to always convert at 100 Yen per dollar. When I was at a pinch financially it felt great to exchange some currency I had left over see a gain of 30 percent from 118 to 86.

Rightsonword, I am with you on the oblivious part. Many people live day to day focusing on grocery store and gas prices, not concerned about what is really going on.

-lionfish

Quantative Easing, Everyones printing money. I'm sorry for the Japanes who thoght they had a considerable amount of money in the bank one day and then the next day they wake up and it's lost 20% of it's value. Same thing could very easily happen here. JMO angry.gif

Not "could happen" , it already HAS happened. We have lost a considerable amount of buying power with the Dollar.