Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Whats the hold up?

dinarck

Wow....thanks dontlop. Iraq is gonna increase their currency value by 1000s of percent any day now based on your above facts. I really appreciate you opening my eyes to what's really going on. Haha....get real. Almost half of Iraqis are unemployed and a large majority live in poverty. It doesn't matter anyway. Even if Iraq was an economic powerhouse they could not RV like you have been stating. It's impossible. You still fail to address the issue of inflation that a giant increase would cause. You keep pointing out the fact that Iraq is a growing economy. True it is. Almost always a growing economy has a devaluing effect on the countries currency.Look it up.

What's up Sonny. Good to see your still around.

Nope....no "RV" yet. Go figure. Lol

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Wow....thanks dontlop. Iraq is gonna increase their currency value by 1000s of percent any day now based on your above facts. I really appreciate you opening my eyes to what's really going on. Haha....get real. Almost half of Iraqis are unemployed and a large majority live in poverty. It doesn't matter anyway. Even if Iraq was an economic powerhouse they could not RV like you have been stating. It's impossible. You still fail to address the issue of inflation that a giant increase would cause. You keep pointing out the fact that Iraq is a growing economy. True it is. Almost always a growing economy has a devaluing effect on the countries currency.Look it up.

Nope....no "RV" yet. Go figure. Lol

what are you talking about . your remarks are being proven false by the facts above .. trhats all .. those are just what imporvements they made in the first 2 years in iraq during the heviest battles in iraq .. in 2009 when i was in iraq .. things were alot better than those facts that came out in 2005 .. this is 2013 ..

if they can make those accomplishments in 2 years during heavy fighting in iraq ... what do you think is going on now .. .. i dont kee p pointing to any thing .. im just putting out my views on the speculation in iraq and its currency .. you keep trying to cover them up with things that are not correct .. go back and read your posts .. you are not telling the truth .. if you have something factual to add to the conversation by all means add it .. why twist things around .. did you sell your dinars cause you were scared .. and now you spent all your money .. and cant buy any more dinars ? what is your problem .

if you sold all your dinars and it pops .. are you going to the golden gate bridge to jump ?.. if you dont think this is a good investment .. why would you have so many screen names and keep coming back here .. are you broke and cannot afford any other investments ?. or are you paid to try to get people to sell their dinars ?.. it makes absolutly no sense to be hanging around a dinar speculation site ,, if your not into it ,... you must think before everone buys any dinars they all come here to chat first .. so its your duty .. like john kerry reporting for duty .. like gomer pyle .. to come here and post negativity about the iraqi dinar ,,

ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ,, ok gomer .. :moon-from-car:

what are you talking about . your remarks are being proven false by the facts above .. trhats all .. those are just what imporvements they made in the first 2 years in iraq during the heviest battles in iraq .. in 2009 when i was in iraq .. things were alot better than those facts that came out in 2005 .. this is 2013 ..

if they can make those accomplishments in 2 years during heavy fighting in iraq ... what do you think is going on now .. .. i dont kee p pointing to any thing .. im just putting out my views on the speculation in iraq and its currency .. you keep trying to cover them up with things that are not correct .. go back and read your posts .. you are not telling the truth .. if you have something factual to add to the conversation by all means add it .. why twist things around .. did you sell your dinars cause you were scared .. and now you spent all your money .. and cant buy any more dinars ? what is your problem .

if you sold all your dinars and it pops .. are you going to the golden gate bridge to jump ?.. if you dont think this is a good investment .. why would you have so many screen names and keep coming back here .. are you broke and cannot afford any other investments ?. or are you paid to try to get people to sell their dinars ?.. it makes absolutly no sense to be hanging around a dinar speculation site ,, if your not into it ,... you must think before everone buys any dinars they all come here to chat first .. so its your duty .. like john kerry reporting for duty .. like gomer pyle .. to come here and post negativity about the iraqi dinar ,,

ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ,, ok gomer .. :moon-from-car:/>

If this thing pops? WTH are you talking about? Currencies do not "pop" by thousands of percent. It's fantasy. Now tell me.....am I telling the truth there or is that statement proven false? You haven't proven anything except the fact that you are clueless about economics. Instead all you can resort to is my dinar and if I have sold it or not.

Go back to my original post. ANSWER THE QUESTION instead of bringing ridiculous theories about bad guys laundering money which is holding up the "RV" or Iraq needing to seed the earth with dinar so that they can "RV" without anyone complaining. As a matter of fact please don't even attempt to answer the questions. You have embarrassed yourself enough already.

dinarck, go figure it didn't lop yet........... odd isn't it......

Not really odd at all. They can function just fine with their currency in a hyperinflated state or they can wait for more stability to redenominate. What they can't do is just decide out of the blue that their currency is now suddenly worth whatever they want it to be overnight. You still haven't seen that fact yet Sonny? I figured that you have been in this long enough to grasp that basic concept.

Good to have you back around.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

i am sure iraq could give 2 shiiiiiittttttssssss about us speculators. if it is a plan, then its not so suddenly. imo, the change of shabbs, has made the rv of any amount over $0.00 real, and imo, and yes i have been wrong many, many, many times, the dinar will rv.

• Upvote 1

i am sure iraq could give 2 shiiiiiittttttssssss about us speculators. if it is a plan, then its not so suddenly. imo, the change of shabbs, has made the rv of any amount over $0.00 real, and imo, and yes i have been wrong many, many, many times, the dinar will rv.

Well Sonny, I respect your opinion but your opinion is wrong. If the dinar does RV it will be by .5, 1, 5, 10, or maybe even up to 30% at a time. Anything over that would cause devastating instability in their markets and probably cause inflation at the same time.

• Upvote 1

A quick internet search shows that Iraq has 30 Trillion dinar in circulation.

All the cash in circulation for the whole world right now is only about $5 Trillion worth.

So… do you really think war torn dirt poor Iraq is going value $30 trillion dinar at $3 per dinar giving them $90 trillion worth of currency in circulation… or 18 times more than the rest of the world combined.

• Upvote 3

A quick internet search shows that Iraq has 30 Trillion dinar in circulation.

All the cash in circulation for the whole world right now is only about $5 Trillion worth.

So… do you really think war torn dirt poor Iraq is going value $30 trillion dinar at $3 per dinar giving them $90 trillion worth of currency in circulation… or 18 times more than the rest of the world combined.

"a quick internet search".......................if it says it on the net, it must be true,right? And if a Gov say's it,it must true also,right? $3 probably not.RV,probably IMO ................BONJOUR

"a quick internet search".......................if it says it on the net, it must be true,right? And if a Gov say's it,it must true also,right? $3 probably not.RV,probably IMO ................BONJOUR

Yeah you are right caz..........anything online or from the government is all lies. All except "positive" articles that can quickly be spun to mean a nonexistent RV huh? All of that is true right?

• Upvote 2

Its what we would expect for a ~$100B USD GDP. As countries become more industrialized their M2 goes up to and sometimes even past their GDP. So for Iraq we would expect M2 to be around 75% of GDP and that is what the CBi reports. Its been very consistently growing along with GDP and foreign reserves over the years so it all seems to fit. I see no reason to about that it is approximately correct.

If you think a $3 RV is unlikely, how about a $0.10 RV? I don't see how that works either. Can you (or anyone, all are welcome) give a plausible scenario where that would work?

With M1 (on demand cash, so physical cash plus checking accounts, anything where there is no penalty for withdrawing or delay to withdraw etc) of around 30T IQD, that would give them an M1 value of $3T dollars after a $0.10 RV (the US M1 is only $2.25T but the US GDP is 100x bigger, so that's rather suspicious already).

Suppose after all these years of hardship Iraqi's (people and businesses) decide to spend 15% of their new found wealth on immediate upgrades to their lives and businesses. Most manufactured goods in Iraq are imported so lets say that this translates to 1/3 domestic spending and 2/3 for imported goods. So then that would be 10% of $3T dollars to be imported soon after a $0.10 RV (cars, generators, appliances, factory machines, TVs, air conditioners, clothes, etc...). But the CBI only has a grand total of foreign reserves of about $68B USD and now the country wants to exchange $300B USD worth of dinars to buy stuff around the world. I see no way that this can work. If you do, I'd love to hear it.

• Upvote 2

Yeah you are right caz..........anything online or from the government is all lies. All except "positive" articles that can quickly be spun to mean a nonexistent RV huh? All of that is true right?

Never have I ever stated such. But to hold anything stated online or by a Gov so close to the heart is not wise imo. Anything can be spun just like the believers and non-believers here,each spins what they believe or want to believe in hopes of swaying public opinion.But hey, to each his own,won't make this come to an end any quicker tho will it?

Never said all lies either or all "positive" means RV either. Twisting my words is your specialty,how bout just responding if you choose to what i actually say-thanks.

Never have I ever stated such. But to hold anything stated online or by a Gov so close to the heart is not wise imo. Anything can be spun just like the believers and non-believers here,each spins what they believe or want to believe in hopes of swaying public opinion.But hey, to each his own,won't make this come to an end any quicker tho will it?

Never said all lies either or all "positive" means RV either. Twisting my words is your specialty,how bout just responding if you choose to what i actually say-thanks.

Come on caz.....give me a break. You sit here and tell everyone that you should never believe anything you read on line yet you yourself have been completely brainwashed into believing economic fantasy by online dinar pimps. You are no different than any other follower of online ignorance. To top it all off you have to whine about anyone speaking against the very fantasy that you have been pumped into believing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Come on caz.....give me a break. You sit here and tell everyone that you should never believe anything you read on line yet you yourself have been completely brainwashed into believing economic fantasy by online dinar pimps. You are no different than any other follower of online ignorance. To top it all off you have to whine about anyone speaking against the very fantasy that you have been pumped into believing.

Thanks Dr DinarckFreud for the psycho babble. No one has brainwashed me into anything,and I accept what may come,good,bad ,or indifferent. Thats your problem,you think you have all the answers but really have very few. Stick to what fits you best......................... crying about those that did you wrong(blame game) and belittling others-peace.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Printing new currency.... Omit 3 zeros from the standard current currency.... Inform the public the new currency (minus 3 zeros) is equivalent to the old currency.... Give an expiration date to the old currency, maybe 1-2 years...

What's so hard about that? Seems rather easy, right? I would argue yes, but we haven't seen it done yet.

hmmmm....

• Upvote 1

Lopsters remind me of the kids the that would tear the head off of a little girls doll and than laugh as they cried. I have to wonder if the sun shines were they live, or if their glass is ever half full? Like the kind of people that would throw a slug into a blind beggars cup. Maybe Santa gave them coal for x-mas and the Tooth Fairy left a tooth brush under their pillow and that is where their bitterness and self centered attitude comes from. I have no problem with guys like Keep who from what I have read brings a rational opinion to the table but some here seem to want to try and belittle and crush those who believe and certain way. A well educated debate is healthy and something I enjoy reading or being a part of, but this sometimes gets to be a little too pompous, and I'll tell you, pompous, arrogant, egotistical people are the ones I feel have true self esteem issues.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Printing new currency.... Omit 3 zeros from the standard current currency.... Inform the public the new currency (minus 3 zeros) is equivalent to the old currency.... Give an expiration date to the old currency, maybe 1-2 years...

What's so hard about that? Seems rather easy, right? I would argue yes, but we haven't seen it done yet.

hmmmm....

Well of course Darin.....they are simply hiding the RV by threatening all this time to RD. Makes sense. Kinda. Only problem is there is no such thing as a RV like everyone has been led to believe in.

A while back I attempted to start a discussion with you about the inflation that a giant leap in currency value would no doubt cause. They thread was locked shortly after. Shocking huh? Anyway there is no better person on this site to address it than you so fire away.

Lopsters remind me of the kids the that would tear the head off of a little girls doll and than laugh as they cried. I have to wonder if the sun shines were they live, or if their glass is ever half full? Like the kind of people that would throw a slug into a blind beggars cup. Maybe Santa gave them coal for x-mas and the Tooth Fairy left a tooth brush under their pillow and that is where their bitterness and self centered attitude comes from. I have no problem with guys like Keep who from what I have read brings a rational opinion to the table but some here seem to want to try and belittle and crush those who believe and certain way. A well educated debate is healthy and something I enjoy reading or being a part of, but this sometimes gets to be a little too pompous, and I'll tell you, pompous, arrogant, egotistical people are the ones I feel have true self esteem issues.

And RVers remind me of the kids who throw a tantrum when they are told there is no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny. Is too...is too...mommy and daddy says so.

Sorry you don't like my tone but I could really care less. Fact is you don't know me or have half a clue as to my personality or self esteem. The thing you are really having trouble with is my message. You know I am right and are starting to feel silly. It's OK. I felt silly too when I woke up from the Dinar coma. If you really want to talk about self esteem then start with RVers like yourself who refuse to face reality and instead whine about the meanies who don't agree with them.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well of course Darin.....they are simply hiding the RV by threatening all this time to RD. Makes sense. Kinda. Only problem is there is no such thing as a RV like everyone has been led to believe in.

A while back I attempted to start a discussion with you about the inflation that a giant leap in currency value would no doubt cause. They thread was locked shortly after. Shocking huh? Anyway there is no better person on this site to address it than you so fire away.

And RVers remind me of the kids who throw a tantrum when they are told there is no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny. Is too...is too...mommy and daddy says so.

Sorry you don't like my tone but I could really care less. Fact is you don't know me or have half a clue as to my personality or self esteem. The thing you are really having trouble with is my message. You know I am right and are starting to feel silly. It's OK. I felt silly too when I woke up from the Dinar coma. If you really want to talk about self esteem then start with RVers like yourself who refuse to face reality and instead whine about the meanies who don't agree with them.

Typical response (over 2 years now) from a thug wannabe. The only thing you're right about is that you think you're always right! Guessing about something that has not happen yet does not make you right.

So you think that the way Iraq is going to show the world that they are a stable economic power and a good place to invest with a stable and safe banking system is by deleting all funds deposited in banks (i.e. 90% of M2) leaving only physical notes. You're not really serious here are you?

i know .. im not good at bringing fourth every detail to cover every question that could arise form every scenario possible to every situation .. thats eternal in speculating .. but what i think a possibility is .. they dont just delete them .. they convert them to the new dinar with the same value at 1000 to one ..just for their electronic dinars they they hold in the cbi .. that would mean they lose not a penny on their transaction.. .. im sorry if you were offended ..

i will post things that some how would make people think of possibilities .. and open up a discussion .. only problem is on this thread in the lopster bin .. you just get attacked for posting theoretical speculatory observations and posibilities .

if they are going to rv like some people say . it would have to be in some ..unorthadox fashion .. it could not happen by using everyday banking procedures ....its called creative financing

if they had 72 billion dollars worth of dinars when they started . and 60 billion were electronic in the cbi .. they could exchange those for 60 billion in new dinars . and still rv thae other ten billion dollars worth or 10 trillion dinars .. at 10 cents ..at a cost of 1 trillion dollars of debt .. or pay 1 cent at a cost of 100 billion in debt ..most countrys that use fiat currencys carry debts .. ..

this is not something i read .. its just an analogy of something unorthadox .. but to try to post simple analogys . i cant write a book every time i post something .. just so i can avoid attacks .. sometimes people need to just use their own brains .. im sure after this response ill be asked even more questions .. then more questions after i respond to them .. eventually i just turn away from the questioners .. i post my theorys .. and if people dont agree .. thats fine .. who cares .. ..but if there was a link .. or something in print .. i would go directly to the news area and post that news .. all the other areas .. i spout out openly .. but as you can see some people think thats illegal . and they want to take a person down for speculative theorizations .. i just laugh it off .. i cant help it if they dont have any imagination .... if you want news ....seriuosly.... try the news section .. this section is for lopsters .. they have no crediility either .. unless you think that this world is non corrupt ...and everything is on the up and up and always has been ..especially in iraq ..i hope they do something wrong over there and try to scam the world and i get in on it ..and make millions too,, at least ill get back some of the costs for the us for what we spent liberating iraq .. i think they owe us a few bucks at least ..if they do .. im getting some of it .. and will bring it back home..

everyone knows everything these lopsters know about iraq.. everything ..

we are looking at other posibilities . especially at how much debt iraq will take on to make their country prosper ..that debt will back their dinar .. fiat currencys are not backed by anything but credit and dept .. your ability to pay your debts ... over a set time frame .. in govt those time frames could be a hundred years to pay down debts ..some people think if they take out debts they got to pay them back in a year .. or 5 years . .. nope... the debt they hold can be forever ..they sell bonds .. they pay interest . iraq pays 2 dollars a barrel for their oil to be pumped out of the ground .. they sell it for 93 dollars a barrel ..they have a heftty profit margin.. they are also growing their other bases like manufacturing .. agriculture .. which cuts down on import costs .. each year iraq frees up more and more of their debt...

im wondering will they take on 1 trillion in debt to finance a revaluation of their currency ..will it be 3,5 trillion .. who knows what its going to take to run iraq efficiently .. to run a military .. a education dept a banking sector .. a transportation dept .. / .. id say alot more than the state of california .. which has a one trillion dollars gdp.. but their major depts are covered by our federal govt. .. they dont have to provide a navy ,, air force ... ect. / .. id say iraq would do well with a 3.5 trillion dollar financial system ..and i think they could finance that ..

dont forget the united states and britan has been setting this up ..they dont think small.

the truth is i dont have a clue what iraq is going to do .. we will find out when the new currency hits the streets .. then and only then will anyone know for sure ..what the exchange rates will be for the bremmer dinar note we hold ... only the lopsters claim they know what is going to happen in iraq .. and we all know they dont know either ..

its all in financing ,, not in what they have right now.. they dont have much debt right now ....this we do know

Its what we would expect for a ~$100B USD GDP. As countries become more industrialized their M2 goes up to and sometimes even past their GDP. So for Iraq we would expect M2 to be around 75% of GDP and that is what the CBi reports. Its been very consistently growing along with GDP and foreign reserves over the years so it all seems to fit. I see no reason to about that it is approximately correct.

If you think a $3 RV is unlikely, how about a $0.10 RV? I don't see how that works either. Can you (or anyone, all are welcome) give a plausible scenario where that would work?

With M1 (on demand cash, so physical cash plus checking accounts, anything where there is no penalty for withdrawing or delay to withdraw etc) of around 30T IQD, that would give them an M1 value of $3T dollars after a $0.10 RV (the US M1 is only $2.25T but the US GDP is 100x bigger, so that's rather suspicious already).

Suppose after all these years of hardship Iraqi's (people and businesses) decide to spend 15% of their new found wealth on immediate upgrades to their lives and businesses. Most manufactured goods in Iraq are imported so lets say that this translates to 1/3 domestic spending and 2/3 for imported goods. So then that would be 10% of $3T dollars to be imported soon after a $0.10 RV (cars, generators, appliances, factory machines, TVs, air conditioners, clothes, etc...). But the CBI only has a grand total of foreign reserves of about $68B USD and now the country wants to exchange $300B USD worth of dinars to buy stuff around the world. I see no way that this can work. If you do, I'd love to hear it.

.. new to this site to be a lopster .. lol .. so nothing will work .. theres no such thing as taking on debt to finance a higher valued dinar ,, thats what a fiat currency is .. they are not using a commodity based currency in iraq ..its not a gold standard .. which every note is backed by something .. its backed by credit .. just like my credit cards are .. i have nothing but i can have something for it .. even though its not backed up .. i back my debts (currency).. promisary notes .. what ever you want to call it .. fiat currency .. i back mine with work .. most of the time thats all thats require ,, to have a job,,then you get a loan .. also it helps to have a good credit history ,, thats what iraq has been doing for the last 10 years . paying debts .. they have oil to back their dinars .. just like i have work to back my credit cards.. i havent worked yet ,,, but i promise i will .. its a promisary note .. issued by the federal reserve ,, its a debt ,, thats what fiat currencys are

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1