Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adams chat this Wed Morning 1-09-13

VIZIOIRAQI

Who Neg'd my Post ? If you don't like what Adam said don't take it out on the messenger that posted it :lol:/> I make them clean , colorful , and easy to read for you guys!!!

Don't take it personal, could have been a phone. It happens all the time.

Nice job by the way. :)

• Upvote 2

Adam I am surprised that you did not mention this article as it seems that it could be a true rate.

He top that this issue internationally condemned a weakened financial position and weaken confidence in the central bank and not Iraqi oil, and countries know that the Iraqi dinar is JD oil to become the Iraqi dinar quarter of the value the U.S. dollar being the world understand that there is oil wells like it or not, and that there carriers transported Iraqi oil to the world.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/138287-directors-of-the-central-bank/#ixzz2HUtrFV7l

[Adam Montana] there is a bunch of rumors floating around - people are saying Talabani is dead, .... can we insert a "facepalm" here? Some of these "gurus" need to be put on a leash or forced to take their medecine laugh.gif

"Weekend At TalaBernie's" ! :o

Coming "Soon" To A Theater Near You ! :soon:

51mVZdur0oL.jpg

:D :D :D

• Upvote 6

I think the only chance we have for a significant RV is if they just declare it so and move on. This whole "float" idea makes no sense to me.

Why, when the only thing Iraq has to sell is oil, which is already sold in dollars, would people start buying Dinar like crazy if it was floating, biding it up over a few months? If their currency becomes more valuable, then oil becomes less valuable to them, because it is sold in dollars.

This float stuff is wrongheaded, IMHO.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think the only chance we have for a significant RV is if they just declare it so and move on. This whole "float" idea makes no sense to me.

Why, when the only thing Iraq has to sell is oil, which is already sold in dollars, would people start buying Dinar like crazy if it was floating, biding it up over a few months? If their currency becomes more valuable, then oil becomes less valuable to them, because it is sold in dollars.

This float stuff is wrongheaded, IMHO.

I don't think your reasoning is logical here. The price of oil will be the same value in dollars. If their currency revalues, everything that is marked in their stores in dinar prices will need to be adjusted. Everything marked in their stores in US dollar prices will be the same. If they did a 1:1 RV, they could use the same price tags for US dollars and dinars. It would be super simple. I vote for it!

• Upvote 2

Who Neg'd my Post ? If you don't like what Adam said don't take it out on the messenger that posted it :lol:/> I make them clean , colorful , and easy to read for you guys!!!

Viz,

Is not as colorful as I want it o be :)

Nah... You did a good job :)

• Upvote 2

Fox, exactly. Within Iraq the prices would adjust and they would be no better off than before. I'm talking about those of us outside of Iraq.

Right now Iraq can take that dollar they make from oil and change it into 1166 dinar in country. After a 1:1 RV, they can take that dollar they make from oil and change it into 1 Dinar. Oil is the only thing they have to sell. Don't you see the problem for Iraq?

There is no advantage for anyone outside of Iraq to bid up the Dinar in trading during a float, that would be pure speculation, with nothing of value to support it.

That one Dinar they have that's worth a buck after a 1:1 RV won't buy them anymore outside of Iraq than the dollar they now have from oil sales will.

They have to have something other than oil that the world wants to make any sense of this.

Edited by RVPleaseToday
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Fox, exactly. Within Iraq the prices would adjust and they would be no better off than before.

I'll insert a few pennies into the conversation...

You're talking about a straight lop or RD, not an RV. You're also talking about the price of goods, not the value of the currency.

An RV adds another element - increase in the value of the currency.

If they RV at 1:1, the value of the currency improves, so the "price tag" on a barrel of oil will actually go down in terms of Dinars, but not in terms of Dollars.

Obviously oil isn't going to suddenly be worth more, and they aren't going to keep selling dinars at 1166:1 - so whatever dinar you have at the new rate is all you will have. If you want to buy more, you will pay the new price for it - not the old price.

As for a "float" on the value - of course it's possible, again you just have to shift your thinking. (Like algebra!)

The price of gold fluctuates, the price of the USD fluctuates, and you could even say the dinar fluctuates - just because it stays "pegged" at 1166:1 does not mean it holds the same value all the time. When the USD swings up or down, so does the dinar - not in number, but in value.

The bottom line is a float is absolutely possible, and so is a peg. The CBI controls the rate of the Dinar, and they don't care what anyone on this forum says or thinks - if they say the rate is raised, then by golly - the rate is raised!

That's my TwoCents.gif

tip_hat.gif

• Upvote 9