Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayer Request

RodandStaff

Your son needs you, Rod. I concur with the ER doc. There is a reason why your son chose to cut his body. He needs counseling and support from his family.

I have been involved in the rehab of young people. My daughter is a success story. Send me a private message, if you wish to share thoughts.

Thanks for the confirmation Ski... and yes, I'll do that dear.

Hi, I too enjoy your presence here. Sorry to hear about what happened, but sooo glad to hear he's still here to enjoy.

I'm sure he has suffered some traumatic event when he was very young, which he wanted to escape from the easy way. The only thing is, He has probably thought about it a quite a few times but just now actually acted on it. The problem is, is that the person at the time of doing this is not thinking about anything else except escaping the feeling of sadness. It may not even be a big problem that he is worrying about, but because it has been tried before, it gets easier the next time. I think if you can just get through a couple more years, give him lots of support, communication, and let him know how much it would hurt you, or even destroy his family if he attempted this again, god forbid be successful. Keep him busy. I have a close friend, her nephew just tried ending it too. I asked her what could have been the traumatic event in his life that could have started this and she could only think of that the mother and had divorced in the past and now the father did not want to be in his life. Take care.

Nothing overly traumatic ig1 date unless you consider adoption in that category. I think it may be a combination of depression for various reasons. He's gotten really disappointed that things haven't gone how he thought they would... but who can say their lives went according to script? He learned a valuable lesson through this, and hopefully it never repeats itself. He was definitely trying to escape sadness... without getting into a lot of detail, that was for sure part of it.

Yes... will need to make a much better effort at giving him the support and communication he needs. Keeping him busy is a bit of a challenge, but my wife wants to drag him to work with her to visit with the older folks in the assisted living center where she works... I would love to be a fly on the wall when some of those folks give him some old time, down home wisdom!!! Thanks again for your advise... I need every bit of it right now!!! wink.gif

You and your family are in our prayers. Keep the faith brother. God is watching. Never cease praying.

Hakuna Matata

Yes..."No worries"... wink.gif... and it's true too! We're not over the hump completely but things are really looking up... thanks for the Swahili word of encouragement!!! smile.gif

• Upvote 2

Yes..."No worries"... wink.gif... and it's true too! We're not over the hump completely but things are really looking up... thanks for the Swahili word of encouragement!!! smile.gif

Glad things are looking up my friend!! I am still praying for your son and the whole Rod family!

• Upvote 3