Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayer Request

RodandStaff

Will be sending Prayers to you and the family....

Much love from NC

537243_569240096434360_1478859419_n.jpg

Hangin on to this pal... and beginning to see some breakthru already... and

knowing that the "light at the end of the tunnel" is not a train!!! wink.gif

543310_451024944950601_1308051587_n.jpg

That is talkin my language littlefeet... and man, does that hit home right now... thanks!!! wink.gif

Hey man, I just popped on and read your post, I felt so compelled that I read no other replys so please forgive me if this sounds redundant or passé . I cannot imagine your pain right now, I am sure you and your wife have wondered if it was something you did, please don't do so, young people are stupid sometimes, they haven't grasp the value of what life holds and or they just don't realize the reprucussions of their actions, I say this Rod because at 16 I did pretty much the same the same thing, I thought I needed to hit a vein so I slice deep across the back of my hand with a razor blade ,right across that thick blue vein, it was absolutely horrible, and 26 years later I still look down at the scar and ask myself "What were you thinking? " I really had no reason to want to die, life wasn't the best but it wasn't anywhere near unbearable that I would think of such a thing, I really believe I did not realize how dire a act like that could have been. I also hid it for quite some time, when finally confronted I said a iciscle fell off the roof and slit my hand, ? My folks were still very young so I do not think they had the maturity to confront such a immature act. My folks were 15 & 17 when they had me, so such a out of the norm act I believe baffled them, and they just left it at that. The long and short Rod is it may have been for attention or maybe just too dumb to realize how bad the out come could have been, but I did something that I will never understand why, but I will tell you this, it wasn't cause we were poor, it wasn't because my parents were bad, no peer's goated me into it, I just did something stupid and as I think about the hell I have gone through over these past years I still can never come up with a reason to do something like that again. I feel stupid writing this without reading thru the thread, you may have found some reasoning or some kind of remote solace with it all, but if not I can only give you my experience and hope that you can take anything from it to help you both find some sort of normality. Hey man I'm 42, married for 22 years, one kid out of college, one more on his way, besides being a grumpy ass sometimes and a few to many beers on occasions I didn't turn out too bad, although to evaluate me at 16 I'm sure people would have thought different. My prayers are with you, your wife and your son and family. Eddie. Aka Paul.

Eddie/Paul... I can't tell you how much your sharing your story means right now... I know it's not easy sharing, but this hits home for our situation and I appreciate the encouragement. We sat up with our boy last night til pretty late... he had spent two nights in a mental health facility and "suddenly" realized his life ain't that bad. Yes.. I'm hoping this incident will go down as the stupidest thing he ever did. I also think he learned some very valuable lessons through this as well. And we did have some real good breakthrough's last night... maybe we will always have a ways to go, but let's just say the aftermath has started off on the right foot.

Again... thanks ya'll for "being there" and for standing in the gap when a brotha and his family needs ya... ya'll are amazing!!! wub.gif

• Upvote 4

Father, in the name of Jesus, we lift up this young man and his family right, we pray for the peace and comfort that is needed right now lord.We pray that you will open this young man eyes to thee and place him on the path of rightousness for your name sake. Guide his foot steps as well as his families and replace their hearts and mind from saddness to joy, hope and faith. We pray and expect all these things right now in the name of Jesus...Amen..

• Upvote 3

Quick Update: Our son got home today from the mental health facility, after the hospital they took him to a facility that was mandatory for folks at risk... after another doctor talked to him for 2 hours they recommend he be released but suggested he go to a voluntary facility for further assistance.. which he did. When they released him they didn't prescribe him any med's (thankfully... I've heard that can be a very mixed bag). And he is scheduled for more counseling next week.

He learned pretty quick that his life "ain't all that bad compared to a lot of other folks out there". One of the first things he said when my wife picked him up... "I think I learned that a bad day with God beats a good day without Him every time"!!! emot-downsbravo.gifAnd he was looking forward to some family talk and even wanted to pray with us... that's a big change from where's he's been lately... so glad to know these are steps in the right direction. Thank Ya'll for praying, and all the kind and insightful words of encouragement.... I'm stunned and overwhelmed by all the love!!! Thank's again!!! blush.gif

Praise God. It sounds like the light came back on and the healing process has begun. I am very happy for you, your family and especially your son. His quote to your wife says a lot about how he was raised......and solidified what I already knew about you, through your typed words. The road to recovery will probably not be without bumps.....but it sounds like he is getting off to a good start. Awesome.

• Upvote 2

Rod -

I don't know anyone else who would take the time to reply to each of us in such a personal, "Rod-like" way! We have all been blessed by the DV family's responses but then you magnify the blessings with your amazing comments! You are special my friend, and I don't think you have anything to worry about regarding your "Tigger"......it sounds like he is already way down the path to recovery with what you shared earlier. He is so fortunate to have a caring and nurturing dad like you!

• Upvote 5

Praise God. It sounds like the light came back on and the healing process has begun. I am very happy for you, your family and especially your son. His quote to your wife says a lot about how he was raised......and solidified what I already knew about you, through your typed words. The road to recovery will probably not be without bumps.....but it sounds like he is getting off to a good start. Awesome.

I think I am finally realizing today just how fortunate we are to still have him... and the amazing turn around he has made. He told me last night he's just looking for "a miracle in his life"... I just hugged him and said... "your the miracle"!!! I've got to remind myself to take it a day at a time... and keep checking the foundation to be sure everything is still in order. Thanks Sab's... for everything, and I mean that buddy!!! wink.gif

Rod -

I don't know anyone else who would take the time to reply to each of us in such a personal, "Rod-like" way! We have all been blessed by the DV family's responses but then you magnify the blessings with your amazing comments! You are special my friend, and I don't think you have anything to worry about regarding your "Tigger"......it sounds like he is already way down the path to recovery with what you shared earlier. He is so fortunate to have a caring and nurturing dad like you!

Thanks Osmosis... that means a lot to us right now, believe me it does!!! blush.gif

• Upvote 2

Hey Rod, First time I have been on in a couple of days, when I read this thread it made my heart ache for the pain your family is feeling. Being a mother of 2 daughters in their twenties, I remember them and all their friends trying to grow up and what a fragile state of mind they were in, at that age.. they put so much pressure on themselves trying to find out who they are.

Rod , your a great person so I know your a great father.. You heard his cry, he now knows you were there for him and always will be. Nothing in life compares to unconditional love. He's a lucky kid to have that from you and Mrs. Rod !!!! Wishing you all strength , patience and LOVE.

• Upvote 3

In stormy weather there is always a light to offer hope, and a way through the rough seas! smile.gif

27096_1324103955384_7380325_n.jpg

Rod, I'm sorry you're going through this hard time, my prayers are with you and your son, hope that it all works out for your family, sorry I didn't see this earlier but I don't spend that much time on line anymore.

Thanks Tony... starting to "see some light" in the situation... thank ya'll for the prayers... I can't explain the dramatic turn around other than it being an answer to prayer!

Hey Rod, First time I have been on in a couple of days, when I read this thread it made my heart ache for the pain your family is feeling. Being a mother of 2 daughters in their twenties, I remember them and all their friends trying to grow up and what a fragile state of mind they were in, at that age.. they put so much pressure on themselves trying to find out who they are.

Rod , your a great person so I know your a great father.. You heard his cry, he now knows you were there for him and always will be. Nothing in life compares to unconditional love. He's a lucky kid to have that from you and Mrs. Rod !!!! Wishing you all strength , patience and LOVE.

Thanks Shelly... I need all the help I can get sometimes dear... I loved what someone said earlier (I think it was Genx?)... "parenting isn't for the weak"... so, so true. Thanks again ya'll... your a life saver to a struggling soul. smile.gif

• Upvote 1

Rod,

My heart just broke for you and your family. I haven't been here much this week so I only saw this thread just now. Well right before I was praying, anyway. And I'll be praying again.

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said.

I walked a similar path with one of my daughters 10 or 12 years ago. It ain't fun, but oh! the changes we saw when prayer was applied!

Someone mentioned that you need to show your son this thread. A year or 13 months ago, I asked for prayer for my other daughter and her family. And when she was here over Christmas and New Years I printed her a copy. She was flabbergasted - she had no idea how many folks were praying for her. (" 'Scuse me, gotta wipe the tears from my eyes," said the tough, old sailor/Marine Corps combat medic turned firefighter-paramedic). Maybe not now, but someday you need to show your son this thread. God's people are all interconnected. And we're all the children of God. Brothers and sisters in Christ. Your son is our brother and he is not alone! Neither are you.

Just know that I've joined my prayers to so many that have already been said, brother.

In Christian Love,

• Upvote 3

I can't believe I was away so much today and yesterday that I just found this. My heart became broken for you and your wonderful family, and then with all the postings of your DV family, my heart became healed again, all in one thread. As you know, I am a huge believer in the power of collective prayer. I've seen it work many times, and I saw it work again in my own life recently when so many of you prayed for me. I am 76 years old now, an 8-time grandmother and even a one-time great-grandmother, and I still find being a parent one of the hardest jobs on the planet, mostly now because my grown children are finding their own children, my beloved grandhchildren, going down the difficult road of becoming adults. One thing I learned many years ago, Rod, is when they are going through tough times, to just hug them--to hug my children tightly enough that they know I am strong, solid, and real, that I am there and have enough strength to take care of them, to be on their side, to protect them, and to hold onto them lovingly, not just for them, but for both of us. Thus, I do my part, and trust God to do the heavy lifting. He has never failed me yet. And I am absolutely beyond certain that God won't fail you or your beloved son. God once had a son, too, and He knows your pain and suffering, so He will be beside both of you and will walk with you all the way through this difficult time. It sounds like He has already done that, though, given what your son told his mother on the way home from the hospital.

You said it was very hard when it is your own kids who are troubled. And you are right. We try so hard to be good parents, to love our kids and make sure they know it, and to be there for them, but trouble comes along at times, and it is a huge shock that quakes our soul to the very roots when it is our own kids because we never expect such drastic behavior from them. For even good parents like you and your wife, it happens, and there is no ryhme nor reason for it, other than perhaps that it is just our turn to be tested to the max through our kids. To me, it sounds like your son wanted to test his world, to test his parents, and perhaps even to test himself. And it also sounds like he now knows where he stands with you. My heart goes out to you during this time, but it also seems that you had such a good foundation built in that boy that he is well on his way back to solid ground now.

I will join your other friends here who are standing in the gap, holding you, your wife, and your children all in my prayers until you are confident that completel healing has occured. God go with you, and with your family, my friend. Fran

• Upvote 2

hugg hugg love love....still in our thoughts and prayers

Thanks SnowGlobe.... and I'm feelin em to be sure!!!! wink.gif

Rod,

My heart just broke for you and your family. I haven't been here much this week so I only saw this thread just now. Well right before I was praying, anyway. And I'll be praying again.

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said.

I walked a similar path with one of my daughters 10 or 12 years ago. It ain't fun, but oh! the changes we saw when prayer was applied!

Someone mentioned that you need to show your son this thread. A year or 13 months ago, I asked for prayer for my other daughter and her family. And when she was here over Christmas and New Years I printed her a copy. She was flabbergasted - she had no idea how many folks were praying for her. (" 'Scuse me, gotta wipe the tears from my eyes," said the tough, old sailor/Marine Corps combat medic turned firefighter-paramedic). Maybe not now, but someday you need to show your son this thread. God's people are all interconnected. And we're all the children of God. Brothers and sisters in Christ. Your son is our brother and he is not alone! Neither are you.

Just know that I've joined my prayers to so many that have already been said, brother.

In Christian Love,

429...Thanks for sharing your story too.. and "prayer does change things". How exactly it works sometimes is a mystery to me... kinda like electricity... I don't exactly know how it works but I can hook up a light and flip a switch and "wallah"... let there be light!!! What's cool is even though I don't understand it completely... I can still pray and see things change!

No apologies necessary either... believe me I have run the gambit this past week... from the emotional low's of the news itself and the "what-if's" to the overwhelming feeling of support by this great DV family, and then, in some respects feeling like God was holding our hand through this. The turn around (again, imo, an answer to prayer) has also overwhelmed me. I know we "haven't arrived" just yet, but at least this train appears on the right track and is heading in the right direction! As was wisely said... "Weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who rejoice."

Interconnected is right... I totally agree with you and I'm also still convinced that even post RV, even after our celebratory events... there will be some relationship's from DV that will have been formed out of this "cauldron of waiting" that will endure the test of time!!! I really look forward to that!!! smile.gif

I can't believe I was away so much today and yesterday that I just found this. My heart became broken for you and your wonderful family, and then with all the postings of your DV family, my heart became healed again, all in one thread. As you know, I am a huge believer in the power of collective prayer. I've seen it work many times, and I saw it work again in my own life recently when so many of you prayed for me. I am 76 years old now, an 8-time grandmother and even a one-time great-grandmother, and I still find being a parent one of the hardest jobs on the planet, mostly now because my grown children are finding their own children, my beloved grandchildren, going down the difficult road of becoming adults. One thing I learned many years ago, Rod, is when they are going through tough times, to just hug them--to hug my children tightly enough that they know I am strong, solid, and real, that I am there and have enough strength to take care of them, to be on their side, to protect them, and to hold onto them lovingly, not just for them, but for both of us. Thus, I do my part, and trust God to do the heavy lifting. He has never failed me yet. And I am absolutely beyond certain that God won't fail you or your beloved son. God once had a son, too, and He knows your pain and suffering, so He will be beside both of you and will walk with you all the way through this difficult time. It sounds like He has already done that, though, given what your son told his mother on the way home from the hospital.

You said it was very hard when it is your own kids who are troubled. And you are right. We try so hard to be good parents, to love our kids and make sure they know it, and to be there for them, but trouble comes along at times, and it is a huge shock that quakes our soul to the very roots when it is our own kids because we never expect such drastic behavior from them. For even good parents like you and your wife, it happens, and there is no rhyme nor reason for it, other than perhaps that it is just our turn to be tested to the max through our kids. To me, it sounds like your son wanted to test his world, to test his parents, and perhaps even to test himself. And it also sounds like he now knows where he stands with you. My heart goes out to you during this time, but it also seems that you had such a good foundation built in that boy that he is well on his way back to solid ground now.

I will join your other friends here who are standing in the gap, holding you, your wife, and your children all in my prayers until you are confident that complete healing has occurred. God go with you, and with your family, my friend. Fran

Francie... you know I have always been in your corner... admiring your wisdom, your insight, your fierce defense of what you know is right... but I can only say I am honored and humbled to know your in my corner too!!! blush.gif And I'm trusting Our Heavenly Father that the plans cooked up from the pit to destroy my son and harm our family will be turned into something beautiful for God's glory... and it's all because friends wouldn't let a struggling member of the family struggle alone.

Yes... I know God is there... my son told me that he actually felt Him in the room that first night in the hospital (I'm a floored parent over that one), but most times it's kinda nice to have someone with skin on... or at least someone communicating what deep down we know is true but just need reminders when the whole world appears to be shaking around us. I'm trusting that God will use this for His good! I've heard it said before and I believe it... "it's the hard times that test us that earn us the crown, not the easy times."

Thank you dear... and ya'll who have also "stood in the gap" ... you may never know in this life just how important that was for us... and the family of God as a whole when we do it for one another... but I'm betting that there are gonna be some pretty amazing "highlight reels" in Heaven that are gonna floor us all!!!wink.gif

• Upvote 2

Thanks SnowGlobe.... and I'm feelin em to be sure!!!! wink.gif

429...Thanks for sharing your story too.. and "prayer does change things". How exactly it works sometimes is a mystery to me... kinda like electricity... I don't exactly know how it works but I can hook up a light and flip a switch and "wallah"... let there be light!!! What's cool is even though I don't understand it completely... I can still pray and see things change!

No apologies necessary either... believe me I have run the gambit this past week... from the emotional low's of the news itself and the "what-if's" to the overwhelming feeling of support by this great DV family, and then, in some respects feeling like God was holding our hand through this. The turn around (again, imo, an answer to prayer) has also overwhelmed me. I know we "haven't arrived" just yet, but at least this train appears on the right track and is heading in the right direction! As was wisely said... "Weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who rejoice."

Interconnected is right... I totally agree with you and I'm also still convinced that even post RV, even after our celebratory events... there will be some relationship's from DV that will have been formed out of this "cauldron of waiting" that will endure the test of time!!! I really look forward to that!!! smile.gif

Francie... you know I have always been in your corner... admiring your wisdom, your insight, your fierce defense of what you know is right... but I can only say I am honored and humbled to know your in my corner too!!! blush.gif And I'm trusting Our Heavenly Father that the plans cooked up from the pit to destroy my son and harm our family will be turned into something beautiful for God's glory... and it's all because friends wouldn't let a struggling member of the family struggle alone.

Yes... I know God is there... my son told me that he actually felt Him in the room that first night in the hospital (I'm a floored parent over that one), but most times it's kinda nice to have someone with skin on... or at least someone communicating what deep down we know is true but just need reminders when the whole world appears to be shaking around us. I'm trusting that God will use this for His good! I've heard it said before and I believe it... "it's the hard times that test us that earn us the crown, not the easy times."

Thank you dear... and ya'll who have also "stood in the gap" ... you may never know in this life just how important that was for us... and the family of God as a whole when we do it for one another... but I'm betting that there are gonna be some pretty amazing "highlight reels" in Heaven that are gonna floor us all!!!wink.gif

Oh, and one more thing. In all the focus on your son, it's easy to get caught up in his events and not think beyond that. . But it's important at this time that you not forget your courageous little daughter. She is the one who was trusting enough, brave enough, and sensible enough to tell her parents, to make sure this information got into the right hands--yours and her mother's. I'm just reminding you not to forget about one child while you are reacting with so much emotion to another. It's easy to do that. With four children, this balance was sometimes hard for me to keep, especially since I had an emotionally high-maintence son who always seemed to require much more than his fair share of parental attention.

"I am honored and humbled to know your in my corner too!!!" Thank you, Rod. But the easy ties of friendship bind both ways, my friend. Otherwise, there would be no "flow" between us, just a torrent going one way. I really don't know what one would call that, but it isn't friendship. So the "honor" of our friendship is mine as well.

I have been on the Planet long enough to know that there are some events in our lives that are just so much bigger than we are, and at those times, there are only two places to take our fears--to our friends and to God. You are a much-loved member here, Rod. The sheer volume of outpouring in response to your post is an amazing and beautiful thing to see. And when so many of us offer our prayers for a single person or event, the ruckus in Heaven must surely echo resoundingly through the whole place. <smile>

• Upvote 3

I have been on the Planet long enough to know that there are some events in our lives that are just so much bigger than we are, and at those times, there are only two places to take our fears--to our friends and to God. You are a much-loved member here, Rod. The sheer volume of outpouring in response to your post is an amazing and beautiful thing to see. And when so many of us offer our prayers for a single person or event, the ruckus in Heaven must surely echo resoundingly through the whole place.

smile.gif

• Upvote 1

Hey Rod,

I haven't read the responses, and I'm sure this has already been said, but I'm going to say it again.

First, it may be that your faithfulness to God is the only reason your son is still alive. I don't have the words to communicate to you how impressed I was with your words.

You maintained your composure, humility, and humanity while relaying a deeply personal and highly emotionally charged message.

Throughout your entire message your strength of character and conviction was apparent.

That in itself was a blessing to all that read the message.

You went through one of the worst nightmares a parent has, you are forgiven for being human, and admired for your perseverance.

Please, don't let doubt or false guilt influence your days. There will be plenty of opportunity to give in, but you are obviously strong enough and smart enough to know better.

To me, this post was a blessing, it showed that even through the darkest hours our faith will carry us through, and there is still time to be fully blessed by this.

It could have been, but it isn't over. God understands you, you have been faithful, and He has opened a door that was until now closed.

You have the right attitude, and know you also have lots of angles brought on by so many other peoples prayers, so when you begin the next phase, go in confidence.

Thank you for sharing.

• Upvote 3

Hey Rod,

I haven't read the responses, and I'm sure this has already been said, but I'm going to say it again.

First, it may be that your faithfulness to God is the only reason your son is still alive. I don't have the words to communicate to you how impressed I was with your words.

You maintained your composure, humility, and humanity while relaying a deeply personal and highly emotionally charged message.

Throughout your entire message your strength of character and conviction was apparent.

That in itself was a blessing to all that read the message.

You went through one of the worst nightmares a parent has, you are forgiven for being human, and admired for your perseverance.

Please, don't let doubt or false guilt influence your days. There will be plenty of opportunity to give in, but you are obviously strong enough and smart enough to know better.

To me, this post was a blessing, it showed that even through the darkest hours our faith will carry us through, and there is still time to be fully blessed by this.

It could have been, but it isn't over. God understands you, you have been faithful, and He has opened a door that was until now closed.

You have the right attitude, and know you also have lots of angles brought on by so many other peoples prayers, so when you begin the next phase, go in confidence.

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks dive... I hope ya'll know how much your words and prayers mean to not only me, but my whole family. I told my son last night about sharing this with ya'll... so the cat is outta the bag... but he didn't get upset or show any outward embarrassment. I think he is now very well aware of the "God equation" in this whole scenario.

I am so thankful for the love and support expressed here on what some call an investment sight, but those of us who have been around a while know that it's way more that that!!! I'm looking forward to what the Creator has up His sleeve for each one of us... it may not be what we expect... but I'll bet it's going to be awesome, as long as we the right attitude and perspective on things.

Yes... this could have been a severe blow to my family, but God has a way of turning around what we thought would kill us and only makes us stronger through it. I'm at best a work in progress... and not a day goes by when I don't need grace to mercy to take on the responsibility of parenting a young man. I envy those who had good role models in their own parents... I had to lean on some good outside sources to get my male role model training. Makes ya wonder how many kids are possibly watching each one of us now a days for some example of "how to navigate through this thing called life"... that's a constant reminder of how we truly are connected in more ways than we will ever know. Forgive me if I'm rambling.... but I hope ya'll understand it's partly that I'm glad to have what seems to me a new lease on life with my son, and it's exciting to see what lies ahead. The best to ya'll... from our home to yours!!!wub.gif

• Upvote 4

I'm Glad That Ur Daughter Was Able To Recognize What Ur Son Had Done

So That U Were Then Able To Get Him The Proper Treatment ! ;)

B)B)

Let's Hope That 2013 Is The Year We Finally Get To Have That Big Post RV Party In Vegas -

And Then We Can All Get To Meet Ur Wonderful Family In Person -

And They Can Get To Meet Ur Dysfunctional DV Family As Well ! :o

:D:D:D

• Upvote 4

I'm Glad That Ur Daughter Was Able To Recognize What Ur Son Had Done

So That U Were Then Able To Get Him The Proper Treatment ! wink.gif

cool.gifcool.gif

Let's Hope That 2013 Is The Year We Finally Get To Have That Big Post RV Party In Vegas -

And Then We Can All Get To Meet Ur Wonderful Family In Person -

And They Can Get To Meet Ur Dysfunctional DV Family As Well ! ohmy.gif

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Thanks Thug... I can't tell you how much I look forward to that day.... and don't worry, I think we would

all feel right at home... in fact, I'm sure of it!!! wink.gif

100_1531-1.jpglaugh.gif

• Upvote 2

Praying for you and your family.

Thanks Danomite... I appreciate it!!! wink.gif

I cant wait for the Vegas party...funny everyone walking around with there screen names on a name tag...

Hello Im

Snowglobe

I'm sure we're going to be surprised by how folks faces line up to their names SnowGlobe... but in truth... it can't come soon enough imo!!! wink.gif

• Upvote 2

Thanks ya'll... and dog, thanks for the words of encouragement. The male nurse at the emergency room said some very similar things..the one thing he said that I have to work on even more... he said this mean's he's looking for more relationship from dad... funny way of looking for it though..sad.gif.. just gotta hang on to those words of encouragement even in the fog. Thanks again ya'll! smile.gif

Your son needs you, Rod. I concur with the ER doc. There is a reason why your son chose to cut his body. He needs counseling and support from his family.

I have been involved in the rehab of young people. My daughter is a success story. Send me a private message, if you wish to share thoughts.

• Upvote 2

Hi, I too enjoy your presence here. Sorry to hear about what happened, but sooo glad to hear he's still here to enjoy.

I'm sure he has suffered some traumatic event when he was very young, which he wanted to escape from the easy way. The only thing is, He has probably thought about it a quite a few times but just now actually acted on it. The problem is, is that the person at the time of doing this is not thinking about anything else except escaping the feeling of sadness. It may not even be a big problem that he is worrying about, but because it has been tried before, it gets easier the next time. I think if you can just get through a couple more years, give him lots of support, communication, and let him know how much it would hurt you, or even destroy his family if he attempted this again, god forbid be successful. Keep him busy. I have a close friend, her nephew just tried ending it too. I asked her what could have been the traumatic event in his life that could have started this and she could only think of that the mother and had divorced in the past and now the father did not want to be in his life. Take care.

• Upvote 3