Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayer Request

RodandStaff

Rod:

You and your wonderful family are in my thoughts and prayers for the long-haul!

This is a storm that God will see you through...I pray that you will all be better and stronger because of it.

God Bless you & yours

Amen, to this post....

Rod, just know there are many out here praying for you and your family..... I'm not sure there's a place where you could achieve more support !!!! Love ya Friend

• Upvote 3

The winding road back to love and trust usually has a connection with what they have an interest in then us being awkward and vulnerable learning 'IT'. Nothing excellerates their love and trust faster than when they feel it; we are genuinely getting into something, awkwardly, that they are into! Your own personal desire, heart , prayer will tell you when you found 'IT' without any compromise. Its there!!! God Bless you my friend!

• Upvote 3

I'll admit it... even though we try so hard to be "independent here in America"... we can't always do everything on our own... and sometimes ya gotta ask for a little help in this ol' life... and I'm sure feeling the love and support ya'll. Words are not enough... but I hope ya'll will know our heart felt thanks!!!! wink.gif wub.gif

320934_488183147891626_575341914_n.jpg

And sometimes the Whole Gang show's up when it's time to help carry the load... blush.gif

150993_487517044624903_1440539295_n.jpg

• Upvote 6

I'm so grateful for all the prayers, and words of encouragement.. but being I'm going on about 36 hrs. with only about 3 hrs. shut eye... I will lay me down to sleep... and trust and rest in the Lord... night ya'll, and Blessings back at ya! smile.gif

• Upvote 5

Rod -

You know how much I admire and respect you. You have a sweet spirit about you and that only comes from Him! Turn loose but hold on......wrap your arms around that struggling 'Tigger' and allow God's love to flow through you to fill whatever void exists in your son's life right now. Spend every spare moment you have with him, comfort him but choose your words carefully........he is in a delicate place right now. Our Wonderful Counselor will speak words of wisdom to you and your family. Your DV family will be lifting y'all in prayer continuously; thank you for being transparent and giving us the opportunity to be involved in your life!

Keep us posted - we want to know how things are going.

All the best,

Os

• Upvote 4

Rod, it’s out of character for me to interact individually on here with anyone (maybe the fear of rejection). I am praying for you and your family. An old man once told me that a parent’s responsibility to his children was to love them. It doesn’t matter if they turn out to be a brain surgeons or janitors, our job is just to love them. It improved my relationships with all my children after realizing this to be the truth. I have five grown children and I have forgiven them for every mistake they have ever made, some even before they made them. If you show that boy the kind and loving spirit you express on this forum there is no doubt he will pull through this and be Okay. I feel good knowing there are people like you and families like yours out there.

• Upvote 6

Rod my prayers are with you, your wife, your family and your beautiful son.

God will protect him and bring him home to you. Again he will be in your arms of love, courage and strength.

Your compassion, conviction and your faith will get you through this.

We will be your prayer warriors through this, you can count on us.

Father with your open arms of love receive Rod, his son and family, hold them tight and fill their hearts with love. We ask Healing for his son. Help him fight the evil emotion of despair and all others emotions that so want to take him from you.

In your sons name Jesus Christ.

Amen

• Upvote 5

Rod, he needs to see what you wrote.

Rod, I am sorry that I am just know seeing this thread.

I tend to go with what Viciousdoggie said here and let your son see how many of us consider you a BIG part of our family and that makes your son a BIG part of our family also!

I pray that your son comes to you from this day forward if he ever has anything he needs to talk about.

I pray that he never resorts again to doing something that will not only hurt him, but will hurt a lot of others that love and care about him!

My prayers go out to you and your family, God is in your corner and will help you through this!

You are a good man with a really good heart.

Bump

• Upvote 5

Rod, I've read this thread and the wonderful outpouring of love and the wonderful words spoken by all. I can only say I agree with your DV family. My prayers are with you, your son, and your family. Raising children is not for the weak! May God provide you with the strength and wisdom and comfort through the tough times. We're here for you!!

• Upvote 3

Rod, I am sorry that I am just know seeing this thread.

I tend to go with what Viciousdoggie said here and let your son see how many of us consider you a BIG part of our family and that makes your son a BIG part of our family also!

I pray that your son comes to you from this day forward if he ever has anything he needs to talk about.

I pray that he never resorts again to doing something that will not only hurt him, but will hurt a lot of others that love and care about him!

My prayers go out to you and your family, God is in your corner and will help you through this!

You are a good man with a really good heart.

Bump

You're a good man too bump.... Never told you before but......

THANK YOU FRIEND!!!!

Still wiping tears :(/> :(/>

Praying for you Rod ..... :hug:

Edited by bodeen
  • Upvote 4

Rod, I'm sorry to hear of your sons troubles. The enemy knows his days are numbered and the attack is heavily aimed at this generation. I pray that God's Love will overtake your son and that He will reveal himself to your son in a supernatural way. I pray a hedge of protection over your son and I bind the enemy in Jesus name. I pray hat God will lead and direct you and I pray for peace over you and your family.

• Upvote 3

You're a good man too bump.... Never told you before but......

THANK YOU FRIEND!!!!

Still wiping tears sad.gif/> sad.gif/>

Praying for you Rod ..... emot-hug.gif

Bodeen,

Thank you my friend! I feel the same about you...

I love seeing all these good people on this site opening up their hearts for Rod and his son!

I LOVE THIS SITE!!

GREAT BUNCH OF REALLY GOOD PEOPLE!!

• Upvote 3

Hey Rod…. I’m feeling for ya man. I had a feeling something was amiss earlier today but was not near my computer to check out the DV site. Wow, how quickly things can change.

I know you have mentioned the power of WORDS…well now is a great time to deploy them out loud over your son. No word shall return to you void!

In saying that, there is also a time to just sit. In the presence of God and bring Him into the situation or the waiting room and let your and His love flow out to your son.

You are a good man Charlie Brown. Rejoice in the peeps that are all behind you (from all over the world...even down under!)…not just those visible on the thread by way of posts….many more will simply have their heart directed towards you and uplift you silently. Together we are a strong chord that will not be easily broken.

In all the threads you have demonstrated wisdom, grace, humour and restraint when necessary. You have an innate ability to reach and touch people profoundly. Don’t get all twisted up trying to work this out and playing all the “what if’s” scenarios through your head. Know that He that is within you will enable you to reach and find the choice and appropriate words. That gentle reassuring touch too, reaching out to minister to “tigger” in his time of need.

My prayers and best wishes go out to you and your family

Fly

• Upvote 5

Ministry is difficult enough, but when it involves a member of one's own family it is doubly tough. I will keep the entire family in pray, especially your "chosen" son. Moving to a new city is difficult and the choosing of new friends during the teen years is also rough. But I'm sure that you and your family will overcome these challenges, especially with the help and reliance you have in Christ our God.

Love and trust in Him.

• Upvote 4

Hey Rod,

Given you are likely still in that fog, I want to make sure you don’t miss the extraordinary gifts you have given your son in the past few days. Having worked with kids, you know that so many things can lead to this kind of expression… and some times we just don’t know what the precipitating event is. And with regard to that very issue, I want you to hear me,……; unless that ER nurse was Jesus Junior, there is no way he could conclude that your son’s event meant your son wanted a closer relationship with you (as if that weren't already so) . I’m saying that because I don’t want you to take that on… I’m saying that because I don’t want you to spend your time second guessing what you could or should not have done somewhere down the road. And clearly, imo the statement ignores the beauty of the relationship you actually already have with each other, and the potential already blossoming into something even deeper.

Please don’t miss the incredible things you gave to your son and he to you in the unfolding of this event:

You showed him you are his dad, and you love him. You gave the gift of of him knowing that no matter what, he will always be your son and you will always love him. You gave your son the gift of knowing you will be there for him during those times he’s not able to be there for himself; that you will be there to protect him, during times he can’t protect himself; that you will stand beside him, in moments of his doubt; that you will do whatever it takes to make sure he is safe because you love him. And when your son down played the significance of his expression, you gave him the gift of knowing he can trust you to do the right thing to keep him safe in times heis confused and in pain. Understood he is 18… and sometimes even when we are68, it’s a profound gift knowing yourdad’s got your back, that he will step up, he will be there, and he will make sure the world is as right as he can make it…. Just like you did for your son Rod

And in return, your son gave you the gift of knowing that he absolutely trusts you, he could have bolted for the hills,fought you, refused to engage…. ad infinitum … and he didn’t. He gave you the gift of knowing that he trusts you, his dad… to be his dad…; that he respects you in your decisions about his life when he is in trouble; that he trusts you enough to share his deepest pain, and trusts that you will not abandon him for having done so. Your son gave you the gift of knowing he trusts you so much he is willing to share his vulnerability, and fear. That is a whole lot of trust and respect for an 18 yr old guy to have for his dad.

Looks to me like you already have one hellva close relationship and the only thing ya’ll might want to consider, is acknowledging that, showing that, talking about that, and maybe putting into words what you both know in your hearts. Who knows, maybe your son gives the gift of teaching all of us who didn't get the memo; This is the 21stCentury… it is now acceptable, in fact its preferable that fathers and sons be allowed to actually say to one another, “I love you” ……

You, your son and family have my prayers Rod…. God Bless and Keep You

PS, your son is the cutest little guy on the planet in that picture…. He’s got some depth, wisdom and joy in those eyes… I’ll bet he’s smart as whip….

• Upvote 9