Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayer Request

RodandStaff

Hey you know you got my prayers Rod. I raised 2 boys and I know what your going through. It`s a tough job. Just when you think you got them headed down the right road they throw you a curve. Them boys made me gray before my time. All you can do try to be there for them and help them through the mistakes they are bound to make. Just like we did. He will come around Rod. He will be fine. There`s just to many good people here that will be praying for it not to be so.

• Upvote 6

Rod... Praying right now my friend!!! May God grant you wisdom and understanding in dealing with your son and may he fill you with a comforting peace that passes all understanding!! May God show your son that his hope and trust can be found in a savior who loves him and has a plan for his life! A plan full of hope and a future!!

• Upvote 5

Hey you know you got my prayers Rod. I raised 2 boys and I know what your going through. It`s a tough job. Just when you think you got them headed down the right road they throw you a curve. Them boys made me gray before my time. All you can do try to be there for them and help them through the mistakes they are bound to make. Just like we did. He will come around Rod. He will be fine. There`s just to many good people here that will be praying for it not to be so.

I have married off 2 daughters and still have a son who is a senior, a daughter who is a freshman, a son who is in 8th grade and a son who is 5!! My hair turned a long time ago.... Turned grey and turned loose!!!

• Upvote 5

Rod.....Every day my six year old and I take a hike through the woods and the trail takes us to a beautiful bluff overlooking the LI sound. Each day we go to "our spot" and sit on a piece of wood that I made into a makeshift bench. We then take turns thanking God for what we are grateful for that day. Tomorrow I will dedicate that time to you and your family.

Your son let out a cry for help and it sounds like that is exactly what he is getting. I truly believe that God does not give us anything we can't handle. Lean heavily on your faith and know that the power of prayer is in your corner.

God Bless You, my friend.

• Upvote 7

Thanks ya'll... and dog, thanks for the words of encouragement. The male nurse at the emergency room said some very similar things..the one thing he said that I have to work on even more... he said this mean's he's looking for more relationship from dad... funny way of looking for it though..sad.gif.. just gotta hang on to those words of encouragement even in the fog. Thanks again ya'll! smile.gif

• Upvote 4

Yes, praying for you and your family. I received a phone call no parent should ever have to receive about ten years ago from a daughter of mine letting me know she had just eaten a bottle of pills. I took it to the Lord, He is faithful. As sw67 stated we serve a God with a hope and a future for all of us. I believe it's Jeremiah 29:10-11? One thing I've learned over the years is to speak God's word over our children. I believe in imparting God's blessing by the laying on of hands too. You may want to try fasting as well. Fasting is a gift to us. Take care and God bless you and your family.

• Upvote 3

I'm glad you reached out Rod... and we are always here for you if you need us. We know you, and your heart and demeanor... stay true, as the good man and father that you are. Stay strong my friend, and I'm sure all will work out.

• Upvote 4

Thanks ya'll... and dog, thanks for the words of encouragement. The male nurse at the emergency room said some very similar things..the one thing he said that I have to work on even more... he said this mean's he's looking for more relationship from dad... funny way of looking for it though..sad.gif.. just gotta hang on to those words of encouragement even in the fog. Thanks again ya'll! smile.gif

My old indian uncle once told me(here I go again ) when I was pulling my hair out with my boys. "sometimes children have a hard time finding whats right in front of their face. But once you take the time to show them they will never forget who it was the led them there" The fog will lift and everything will be fine Rod . I can tell be the the way you write you have a strong heart and you are with god .

• Upvote 5

Rod we have six kids and six grandchildren raising teenagers is the hardest thing to do. Our youngest child right now is seventeen and even though she is wonderful and makes straight A's she is as emotional as they come. Spending time with him and just loving him will make a big difference. I love your post and your sense of humor, I generally read all your post. You are a wonderful person and I bet a great Dad. We are praying for you and you will win with him and he will make a big difference.

Thanks

• Upvote 3

Rod, your son and family will be in my every prayer.. My heart is breaking but I am thanking God right now that you still have your son. He will be with you and bring you strength and knowledge to get through this and help your son... Hugs to your whole family my friend.

• Upvote 5

rod it's something we as fathers always fear. My son is my best friend and works with me everyday and everyday I thank the Lord. You and Your son will be in our prayers and if lead by example has any merit there is no doubt he will overcome this with you as his example. Thoughts and prayers with you and your son

captl1

Edited by captl1
  • Upvote 4

Sorry I'm so computer illiterate I can't get any of the real clear photo's to load.... but here's an old one of our "little man"!!! When he was young, he was our little "Tigger"... lately he's been more like Eeyoer... and we're praying he get's his bounce back!! wink.gif

385849_10150419220672227_2030154153_n.jpg

Thanks again ya'll... always amazes me the outpouring of love around here when it really counts... I'm overwhelmed!!! blush.gif

• Upvote 4

Rod best thing to do is just to talk with him and let him know his good ole dad is there for him. Sons really do look up to their father until they feel abandoned by them but the best thing is to just be there for him suicide and cutting are signs of emotional distress and many dont want to talk about it because it relieves pain very deep and so they hide it because their scared. I pray to God shows you wisdom and comfort to your son Jesus has a plan for us ALL and loves us beyond measures so he will hear your prayers and ALL that is praying for you smile.gif

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 4