Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

U.S. Federal Reserve controls the Iraqi foreign currency

yota691

Baghdad - Al-Hayat

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 130108060855355.jpg

A source familiar with the Central Bank of Iraq's Al-Hayat, that the Iraqi government is unable to act in cash reservoir abroad because it is lodged with the U.S. central bank. He stressed that the latter had already agreed with the United Nations and the Department of the Central Bank of Iraq to reject the transfer any amount outside the framework of the budget.

The experts predicted the end of the crisis, the Central Bank of Iraq for fear of exposing the big names in the political and financial center, which was confirmed by sources familiar with the investigation, pointing to the issuance of a judicial decision to release the deputy governor of the Bank appearance in favor and 30 employees were arrested earlier.

The Supreme Judicial Council issued on 19 October (October) last arrest warrant against the Governor of the Central Bank and a number of officials in corruption cases, and arrested 32 staff with the governor's refusal to Shabibi decision.

Sources from within the central bank leaked «life» implementation details of the arrest of the deputy governor and showed that the warrant included three officials are Governor Sinan al-Shabibi and his deputy, the appearance of Saleh and General Manager of the banking sector Ali Abu Nayla.

The sources added that Shabibi and Abu Nayla not surrender themselves to the concerned authorities, but Saleh turned himself in after the security authorities arrested some members of his family. She noted that the investigators concluded achieved with the deputy governor and is satisfied that there is no evidence incriminating, and decided to end his detention on bail pending completion of the investigation, but the security authorities represented by the Ministry of Interior refused to release him or allow the media confronted inside prison «upper» in Baghdad.

A source close to the investigation committee that «the number of staff of the Central Bank beyond 1235, distributors headquarters and four branches in Nineveh and Basra, Dohuk and Sulaymaniyah. He explained that the number of detainees less than 30, including 22 female and four officials, explaining that the reason for their arrest was that they were members of the board committee, where four staff members are elected to serve under the authority of the Board of Directors. He confirmed that investigators had evacuated the last for the members of the Committee and some employees because they are not interested in Bala

And the latest developments in the investigation pointed out that «the art is that the central bank adopted five banks eligibility to sell the dollar, and these banks offer to auction the bank to list in exchange for any amount of purchase, then implement the conversion and here are the responsibility of the Central implied not directly». The «has not issued any arrest warrant against officials of private banks involved while making sure of its involvement money laundering operations or smuggled out of Iraq.

He was a member of the Finance Committee parliamentary Hassan Ozmn announced told media three weeks ago, that Iraqi funds abroad are exposed to the risk of international trusteeship because of the participation of the United Nations to investigate the issue of the Iraqi Central Bank, expected to appoint UN special rapporteur to monitor the movements of Finance of Iraq, but the Iraqi Foreign Ministry denied this.

Noteworthy that the Iraqi Central Bank announced in August 2012 Iraq reserves rise of hard currency to $ 67 billion from 63 billion.

Furthermore, official denied the central bank can manipulate government these precautions, and said: «is still under the tutelage of the United Nations under paragraphs seventh item, and proceeds from the sale oil goes directly to the account itself, and even going out of the trusteeship is already present in the bank U.S. who refuses any requests issued by the Iraqi government regarding financial withdrawals outside the framework of the budget, and this is agreed with the United Nations to prevent any theft operations in Iraq, which continues to suffer instability.

And threatened Iraqi Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi resorting to 'all means' if the case is not resolved within the country, saying that the immunity of the bank have been overcome in Iraq.

http://alhayat.com/Details/470558

• Upvote 5

Baghdad - Al-Hayat

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 130108060855355.jpg

A source familiar with the Central Bank of Iraq's Al-Hayat, that the Iraqi government is unable to act in cash reservoir abroad because it is lodged with the U.S. central bank. He stressed that the latter had already agreed with the United Nations and the Department of the Central Bank of Iraq to reject the transfer any amount outside the framework of the budget.

The experts predicted the end of the crisis, the Central Bank of Iraq for fear of exposing the big names in the political and financial center, which was confirmed by sources familiar with the investigation, pointing to the issuance of a judicial decision to release the deputy governor of the Bank appearance in favor and 30 employees were arrested earlier.

The Supreme Judicial Council issued on 19 October (October) last arrest warrant against the Governor of the Central Bank and a number of officials in corruption cases, and arrested 32 staff with the governor's refusal to Shabibi decision.

Sources from within the central bank leaked «life» implementation details of the arrest of the deputy governor and showed that the warrant included three officials are Governor Sinan al-Shabibi and his deputy, the appearance of Saleh and General Manager of the banking sector Ali Abu Nayla.

The sources added that Shabibi and Abu Nayla not surrender themselves to the concerned authorities, but Saleh turned himself in after the security authorities arrested some members of his family. She noted that the investigators concluded achieved with the deputy governor and is satisfied that there is no evidence incriminating, and decided to end his detention on bail pending completion of the investigation, but the security authorities represented by the Ministry of Interior refused to release him or allow the media confronted inside prison «upper» in Baghdad.

A source close to the investigation committee that «the number of staff of the Central Bank beyond 1235, distributors headquarters and four branches in Nineveh and Basra, Dohuk and Sulaymaniyah. He explained that the number of detainees less than 30, including 22 female and four officials, explaining that the reason for their arrest was that they were members of the board committee, where four staff members are elected to serve under the authority of the Board of Directors. He confirmed that investigators had evacuated the last for the members of the Committee and some employees because they are not interested in Bala

And the latest developments in the investigation pointed out that «the art is that the central bank adopted five banks eligibility to sell the dollar, and these banks offer to auction the bank to list in exchange for any amount of purchase, then implement the conversion and here are the responsibility of the Central implied not directly». The «has not issued any arrest warrant against officials of private banks involved while making sure of its involvement money laundering operations or smuggled out of Iraq.

He was a member of the Finance Committee parliamentary Hassan Ozmn announced told media three weeks ago, that Iraqi funds abroad are exposed to the risk of international trusteeship because of the participation of the United Nations to investigate the issue of the Iraqi Central Bank, expected to appoint UN special rapporteur to monitor the movements of Finance of Iraq, but the Iraqi Foreign Ministry denied this.

Noteworthy that the Iraqi Central Bank announced in August 2012 Iraq reserves rise of hard currency to $ 67 billion from 63 billion.

Furthermore, official denied the central bank can manipulate government these precautions, and said: «is still under the tutelage of the United Nations under paragraphs seventh item, and proceeds from the sale oil goes directly to the account itself, and even going out of the trusteeship is already present in the bank U.S. who refuses any requests issued by the Iraqi government regarding financial withdrawals outside the framework of the budget, and this is agreed with the United Nations to prevent any theft operations in Iraq, which continues to suffer instability.

And threatened Iraqi Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi resorting to 'all means' if the case is not resolved within the country, saying that the immunity of the bank have been overcome in Iraq.

http://alhed owns large amounts of dinar.ayat.com/Details/470558

Not sure whether this means the Fed holds Iraqi funds that have been under sanctions and won't release them over certain budget limits, or it means the Fed owns large amounts of dinar,

Im thinking this is part of the report of the Investigation of the CBI and the Arrest of the CBI employee's, and some history about the operations of the CBI..the Report was suppose to be revealed just like the Russian arms Deal..It all talk..IMO

• Upvote 2

Hope I'm wrong. But I have this gut feeling the the Fed cannot afford to see Iraq released from Chapt 7 sanctions. The Fed cannot pay off Iraq because they have loaned out Iraqi money to the world. Including the US tax payors money 16 Trillion +. Just a feeling I've had for a while. Again I say; "Hope I'm wrong"

Thx Yota!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hope I'm wrong. But I have this gut feeling the the Fed cannot afford to see Iraq released from Chapt 7 sanctions. The Fed cannot pay off Iraq because they have loaned out Iraqi money to the world. Including the US tax payors money 16 Trillion +. Just a feeling I've had for a while. Again I say; "Hope I'm wrong"

Thx Yota!

I don't think that will happen. But if the facts come out that substantiate this it would be time to March on Washington and take them all to jail for there crimes.

• Upvote 2

Thx Yota!

they will get released only when Kuwait signs the last documents and all their needs have been met and it will be after they revalue to pay off their debt to Kuwait. Kuwait wants their money!!! IMHO of course.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 3

So all oil sales go into an account held by the Fed? Percentage goes to Kuwait and Bernanke distributes the rest to Iraq based on their budget?

I sure hope you are wrong Unirod.

Thanks Yota

Edited by SocalDinar

Look this is my only take of where the turned in Iraqi dinars which are sold in to the US banks-- they will go no where they will be held echanged or cheap oil[35.00 a barrel} LOL--if anyone actually look this country {US} is awash in enrergy resources---carbon/green it is a moot point the more important aspect is holding dinar as a reserve currency boosting our countries value just like gold , silver,paltiladium,gas , food resources--corn , beef, pigs, chikens , and all the lessor catorgaries-it all adds up to our real value---Now holding the Dinar as a curencency reserve now makes out dollar to debt much more disirable to buy as an investment for other countries and only stop spending if

those dip shots in DC stop spending those dip shots in DC stop spending and blanenced our problems--those NIDs will give value to our reserves for many years--Iraq is not all about oil--those dinars that will go into our resvere will appreciate faster then the gold or price of oil as the country grows--their money might go up and down like any other countries internationally traded but for the next 5 yrears--MHO]that it will remain extremly volitle and the major spectulators will not do more then take a small position till they see that jumpimg in with both feet --big money to be made---BY THAT TIME WE WILL HAVE MADE THE BEST MONEY-- for the first time all of us lttle peeps will have beaten the big boys--LOL!

Btw I cant type worth a damn --and my thoughts go from one point to another---but the end result will not change --iraq's dinar wil become a reserve currency and strave off a globel meltdown for 5-13 years , it will be a stop gap from the world wide fiscal cliff we see now--good thing we will be out of this by that time!

Not sure whether this means the Fed holds Iraqi funds that have been under sanctions and won't release them over certain budget limits, or it means the Fed owns large amounts of dinar,

Yes the Fed holds a large chunk of the CBI Reserves.

It is only a few weeks since the UN warned the GOI that Ch7 meant that the UN could restrict the movement of those Reserves. Virtually the first public announcement by the UN that Ch7 was being used as leverage. Reading between the lines it could mean that currency reform must come before it is lifted, in order to prevent misappropriation.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It makes no sense to me that if the Fed did have some sort of control of them, that why would they not adjust the rate in order to pay off some of our debt with China....??? What's the sinse in that ? We are paying Billions just in interest and I don't see why they would keep the meter running and not just pay off what we could. True Bush said that the Iraq war would pay for itself but if this has any truth to it,, it needs to "pay for itself" and soon.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Man, (and women lol), I spent an hour on Sunday listening to a guy talk about all the conspiracy stuff about why it hasn't RV'd, including that Obama and Biden have been removed from office and are just puppets waiting for the NWO and new US Constitution to take effect. Sorry, I don't buy any of this. While I'm sure the US still has influence on Iraq, I just don't buy into the whole "US controls everything in Iraq" theory. Especially when it comes to their economy and money. The US may hold some "leverage", but I don't for a moment buy into the US being in control of an RV, RD, LOP, or anything else. Frankly, in the last 4 years we continue to lose whatever leverage we had in influencing the country and outcomes, especially as we continue to de-fund security in Iraq. This is a country that will have to do it's own due diligence in getting out of Ch VII, solve the Kuwait & Kurd issues, and be free of UN oversight. Once that happens, then it will be truly sovereign and be in charge of its own destinay. The US can help, but the US can't dictate.

• Upvote 5

Thx Yota!

I'm afraid to say this is the most logical explanations for what is going on with Iraq and their (our) money. I can see how our government would have set this up when Bush invaded Iraq and planned to pay for the war plus a lot more... But as we've seen our government leaders can't even pull up their own pants never mind fix the world's problems. I have been very optimistic about this investment until reading this news story. If this is how Iraq's money is being dealt with, by the crooks in our government or even worse the banksters at the Fed, then I believe we are screwed. If they are in control, they will get their piece of the pie and leave us the small investors with an empty pie plate.... Good luck and hold until the end my friends, but this news has truely brought me DOWN!!!!!

B/A

I'm afraid to say this is the most logical explanations for what is going on with Iraq and their (our) money. I can see how our government would have set this up when Bush invaded Iraq and planned to pay for the war plus a lot more... But as we've seen our government leaders can't even pull up their own pants never mind fix the world's problems. I have been very optimistic about this investment until reading this news story. If this is how Iraq's money is being dealt with, by the crooks in our government or even worse the banksters at the Fed, then I believe we are screwed. If they are in control, they will get their piece of the pie and leave us the small investors with an empty pie plate.... Good luck and hold until the end my friends, but this news has truely brought me DOWN!!!!!

B/A

I agree with you :( I have been eagerly waiting for this investment to pay off, but if our government is involved, I am discouraged.

I remember very well reading an article last year that said we were holding 60 some Billion of Iraqs money in the Bank of New York. ohmy.gif

We were trying at the time to figure out if this was their reserves and just how much control the US may have over them.

Does this confirm that we hold their $$$ per Chapt VII??? Per UN Sanctions??? Pretty Much I'd Say.

I remember thinking at that time if the US is in control, as Unirod and Bostonangler are saying, then it is not a good situation for Iraq or us.

One would think that would keep Iraq "towing the rope" so to say... but this could explain the tightened relations with Russia.

Perhaps Iraq is thinking that with the arms deals... Russia will be motivated to help them get control of their money (out of Chapt VII) with their influence in the UN.

I don't get that last line about Shabs at all? Is that saying the US threatened him? What do they mean "immunity overcome"? Do they mean by Maliki?

"And threatened Iraqi Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi resorting to 'all means' if the case is not resolved within the country, saying that the immunity of the bank have been overcome in Iraq."

That would be a dang good excuse to "maintain control" of Iraq's funds, huh... Just thinking out loud here.

Edited by Maggie123

the fed can pay off any thing .. they just dilute the dollar . just like iraq has done . if the us dilutes its dollar in half by doubling its money supply .. they can pay anything . .but its in the best ijnterest if the rest of the world to increase its demand once that happens to increase the value of the dollar back up .. because their foriegn currency is loaded with dollars .. fiat currencys values are controlled by demand not commodity..

if you were france or germany or even china .. and you had a half a trillion dollars in your foriegn reserves .. you wont want them to lose value ..its a reserve curency.. heck china has a trillion or more .. do ya think they would want to lose half its value ..

i wouldnt worry about the fed they are just a auditing firm that pays its expenses and returns over 90% of its money back to the us treasury every year .. the us has a monopoly on the fiat currency market ..

This is serious bad news.

Now we know the hold up is not Iraq but the US government.

We are so screwed.

I remember very well reading an article last year that said we were holding 60 some Billion of Iraqs money in the Bank of New York. ohmy.gif

We were trying at the time to figure out if this was their reserves and just how much control the US may have over them.

Does this confirm that we hold their $$$ per Chapt VII??? Per UN Sanctions??? Pretty Much I'd Say.

I remember thinking at that time if the US is in control, as Unirod and Bostonangler are saying, then it is not a good situation for Iraq or us.

One would think that would keep Iraq "towing the rope" so to say... but this could explain the tightened relations with Russia.

Perhaps Iraq is thinking that with the arms deals... Russia will be motivated to help them get control of their money (out of Chapt VII) with their influence in the UN.

I don't get that last line about Shabs at all? Is that saying the US threatened him? What do they mean "immunity overcome"? Do they mean by Maliki?

"And threatened Iraqi Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi resorting to 'all means' if the case is not resolved within the country, saying that the immunity of the bank have been overcome in Iraq."

That would be a dang good excuse to "maintain control" of Iraq's funds, huh... Just thinking out loud here.

What they are saying is that the CBI has been taken over by the US government and the CBI has no say in what happens to the Dinar.

The control of the Dinar and the CBI is in the hands of Obama and that is why the Iraqi government went after Shabs is because he was the one who allowed it to happen and was part of the whole dirty deal with the US government.

It makes no sense to me that if the Fed did have some sort of control of them, that why would they not adjust the rate in order to pay off some of our debt with China....??? What's the sinse in that ? We are paying Billions just in interest and I don't see why they would keep the meter running and not just pay off what we could. True Bush said that the Iraq war would pay for itself but if this has any truth to it,, it needs to "pay for itself" and soon.

The Feds hold and protect their funds. Even from the US government. The US government cannot take this money, spend it or change the rate on the Iraqi dinar. What helps the US debt is they tax the heck out of us (like they are now, and about to apply new ones) and the economy picks up largely when this RV's through investors and consumers. But if you ask me, it's just going to be a hiccup. With all the new regulations, I don't see too many new business or expansion of existing. We have become a regulation nation and the obamacare has put serious adverse affects on everyone. My healthcare went up instead of down. Businesses will rather pay the penalty because it would be cheaper than to offer insurance to employees. Medicare took a hit for existing seniors. Not to mention the new FICA tax. Our government cannot stop giving away free money, and making new regulations that they have to subsidize in order for companies to comply. I think it is deliberate. They are trying to bring this country to it's economic knees in order to enslave us. The Kabal that is. Their holding all the cards for now. We can only make it hard for them by being loud and clear. Stay a thorn in their side. Keep pushing back.

We are so screwed.

What they are saying is that the CBI has been taken over by the US government and the CBI has no say in what happens to the Dinar.

The control of the Dinar and the CBI is in the hands of Obama and that is why the Iraqi government went after Shabs is because he was the one who allowed it to happen and was part of the whole dirty deal with the US government.

Could very well be Coolbeans...

I have to wonder though... since this was set up around 2003... the new CBI leader really had no choice in the matter.

I am wondering just who went after Shab's... was it the US pulling Maliki's strings? Or was it Maliki... like you say, angry that Shab's was going along.

If the Fed Reserve is involved, then I can guarantee you this is not a transparent situation and it is them pulling the strings.

We do know that Central Banks control governments when it comes to the $$$... NOT the other way around.

So did the CBI ever have control or has it been the Fed Reserve controlling the CBI all along? (via the UN which is bank controlled also )

Side note: I believe Kuwait has said they are fine with lifting the Chapt VII sanctions... correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Maggie123

We are so screwed.

Meh.......not buying that one. U.S. gov. Is into some crooked behind the scenes stuff, but I don't think so on this one. I mean to what end?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1