Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Alabama Vs The Irish ND

VIZIOIRAQI

Winner of National Championship 2013  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Obtain this years National Championship

• Alabama Crimson Tide
    • Notre Dame The Fighting Irish

Notre Dame vs. Alabama BCS National Championship Game betting news and notes

Bookmark this page for frequent updates from Las Vegas

BCS-Logo-010113-AP-300.jpgBy: | More Experts

Published: Jan 01, 2013

The BCS National Championship Game between the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (12-0 SU, 7-5 ATS) and Alabama Crimson Tide (12-1 SU, 6-7 ATS) is set for Monday, Jan. 7, at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens (8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN). Check this page regularly for news updates and analysis from Las Vegas.

Monday, Jan. 7, 1:30 p.m. ET: MGM takes two six-figure bets on Alabama

MGM sports book manager Jeff Stoneback says two sharp bettors have placed big wagers on the Crimson Tide.

Monday, Jan. 7, 10:30 a.m. ET: The LVH SuperBook has taken nearly three times more bets on Notre Dame than Alabama as of early Monday morning in Vegas. Seventy-four percent of the bets were on the Irish, according to LVH manager Jeff Sherman. The SuperBook was offering Alabama -9.5 with a total of 40.5.

Monday, Jan. 7: The Linemakers title game preview

There's no split of opinion among our Las Vegas experts and sharp bettors when it comes to Monday night's total.

Sunday, Jan. 6: Vegas experts make their picks

The Linemakers and top sports book directors offer their selections.

Saturday, Jan. 5: More Notre Dame money expected

Alabama remains a 9.5-point favorite at most shops, but one Las Vegas sports director believes the point spread will shrink over the weekend. "This line has been all over the place," said Jay Kornegay of the LVH SuperBook. "But I think it's going to settle at 8.5 or 9. I really feel like we're going to get more Notre Dame money."

Saturday, Jan 5: Prop odds posted

The LVH SuperBook posts a suite of prop odds for Monday night’s championship game

Friday, Jan. 4: One book skeptical a record will be set

While some estimates have the BCS National Championship Game handling anywhere from $15 to $20 million, one sports book director does not believe it will set an unofficial record.

Thursday, Jan. 3: Six-figure bet triggers movement at the Wynn

The biggest wager John Avello of the Las Vegas Wynn has taken so far on the BCS National Championship Game was six figures.

And it was on Notre Dame.

“You can figure that out by my line,” said Avello.

While other Vegas shops were moving their lines toward Alabama—MGM and Stratosphere were offering Alabama -10—the Wynn had the Crimson Tide at minus-9 on Thursday.

--David Purdum

Thursday, Jan. 3: In the trenches

Notre Dame matches up quite well with the more heralded offensive and defensive front lines of Alabama.

Thursday, Jan. 3: Alabama injury

Tide All-American center Barrett Jones is still wearing a walking boot on his left foot, Sporting News' Matt Hayes reports via Twitter.

Thursday, Jan. 3: Still some variance with the point spread

We’ve got a couple of sports books in Las Vegas testing out Alabama at -10, and at least at one location — the MGM Resorts chain of books — bettors quickly came in on Notre Dame. Rather than moving the line back to 9.5, however, they moved it to -10 (even) on Alabama. The Stratosphere moved to -10 (flat) on New Year’s Day and has stayed there.

Meanwhile, the game is on pace to draw the largest handle in college football history.

Wednesday, Jan 2: What will the championship game line end up at?

The MGM sports book adjusted its line on the BCS National Championship Game on Wednesday afternoon, bumping Alabama up to minus-10.

MGM sports book manager Jay Rood believes that’s where the line will remain until game day.

“I told the guys that we should quit moving it around,” said Rood. “Bouncing it around back and forth is not a healthy thing for us. I still think we’re going to see some Alabama money show up, but I’m kind of thinking we’re just going to sit on 10 and maybe play with the vig a little bit.”

Rood had Notre Dame at +10 (-120) on Wednesday and was one of the only if not the only Vegas shop to have moved the line to double digits.

If it closes at -10 or higher, it will be only the third BCS Championship Game with a double-digit point spread.

Veteran bookmaker Jimmy Vaccaro of William Hill believes more books will go to minus-10 as kickoff approaches, but doubts bettors will see any 10.5s.

“If it does, it will just blink there,” said Vaccaro. “There is plenty of support for Notre Dame. If it goes to 10 ½, I think there will people waiting to scoop it up as fast as you can put it up there.”

You can track the BCS Championship Game line and total at eight Vegas sports with our live odds feed.

--David Purdum

Tuesday, Jan. 1: 'Alabama is in another class,' says Vegas oddsmaker

Ed Salmons, considered by many to be the sharpest college football oddsmaker in Vegas, likes Alabama to cover the spread in a three-score victory over Notre Dame.

“After going through the game and speaking with my college football guy, we prefer the Alabama side,” Salmons, assistant manager at the LVH SuperBook, wrote in an email. “If Notre Dame gets behind, they will have very little chance of coming back. The USC win now doesn't seem so good. Alabama is in a different class. I expect them to win in the 27-10 range.”

The SuperBook opened Alabama as a 7.5-point favorite over Notre Dame in early December. The SuperBook’s opening line was a couple points short of other Vegas shops like the Wynn, which originally posted the Crimson Tide as 9-point favorites.

“I was too influenced by Alabama's bad showing against Georgia,” Salmons said. “Originally, I thought 7.5 was the right number. I was wrong.”

--David Purdum

Tuesday, Jan. 1: With the BCS National Championship Game approaching, the LVH SuperBook has taken nearly twice as many bets on Notre Dame as it has on Alabama. The Tide, though, is drawing the big money.

Dec 06, 2012: Alabama is rated exactly six points higher than Notre Dame in the final Don Best Linemakers College Football Polls before the bowls. Yet the Crimson Tide (125.1 power rating) are 9-point favorites over the Fighting Irish (119.1 PR) in the BCS National Championship Game. From a power ratings perspective, the value is with the Irish.

Dec 01, 2012: When opening numbers on the national championship game were posted, there was a pretty wide variance across Las Vegas. The Wynn opened Alabama -10, LVH made the Tide -7.5.

Nov 19, 2012: In the week leading up to the Irish’s meeting with USC, their final game of the regular season — and two weeks before the Tide faced Georgia in the SEC Championship — books were already anticipating a Notre Dame-Alabama national title tilt. Vegas veteran Jimmy Vaccaro, currently with William Hill, said the game would draw more action than any other game on college football history.

P.S. Put what you think the Score will be in your Comment! I'll take 28-17 Alabama

• Upvote 2

:o . Bamagirl asked me about this game last night! Is this football, baseball or basketball ? Please excuse my ignorance. She asked me what my cystal pendulum said and it predicts a bama win by a good margin. However, she didn't tell me how BIG a game it is. Roll tide ROLL! Whatever that means?! :blink::o:unsure::P
  • Upvote 2

:blink:/> :unsure:/> :blink:/> so what's with all the numbers!!?? Confused. ..... Walks off to sign herself into the nearest loony bin!!

You crack me up Betty... :D The numbers are just the members guess on the final score...

Good Luck Bama

• Upvote 1

:rolleyes:/> : :ohuh: . did you all hear that racket as the pennies finally droppedthank you bodeen for saving my sanity. ......signs herself out the loony bin...... Didn't like having to share the place with okie and terryk

You're welcome Betty.... :)

• Upvote 1

Well I'm an Auburn guy ( yep, I'll still admit it ) but IMO, no way ND can hang in with Bama. This is probably the only time in my life that I will ever say what I'm about to say...... "Roll Tide" Ouch! That really hurt. blink.gif/>

Bama 31-20

Now didn't that feel good to get that off your chest... kinda like drinkin vinegar aye RSS!!! laugh.gif

I'm not a huge college football fan... sorry, never had time for it with the NFL and the NHL.. but I have had a soft spot for the Golden Boys since seeing the movie.. "RUDY". That said, I have no dog in this fight.... and I'm not waffling... only "deferring" to our dear friend "bamagirl".. so go for it Bama.... ROLL TIDE!!! wink.gif

• Upvote 1

Now didn't that feel good to get that off your chest... kinda like drinkin vinegar aye RSS!!! laugh.gif

I'm not a huge college football fan... sorry, never had time for it with the NFL and the NHL.. but I have had a soft spot for the Golden Boys since seeing the movie.. "RUDY". That said, I have no dog in this fight.... and I'm not waffling... only "deferring" to our dear friend "bamagirl".. so go for it Bama.... ROLL TIDE!!! wink.gif

Thanks Rod.. Roll Tide my friend!!

@Betty, my prediction is 42-17!!! @Snowglobe, Tell your husand this redheaded Irish redneck girl says ROLL TIDE!!! @Rsskelton, my sis in law is diehard Auburn and she's going for ND.. you're a good man my friend!!!

• Upvote 1

I just got word that Notre Dame is trying to fly in Johnny Football By halftime for some much needed help...... :huh:/> I will kept you guys updated.... :lol:/> B)/>

We have a :butt-kicking:/> going on.....

Bama up 21 - 0

Sorry meant - Keep not kept B)/>

Edited by bodeen
  • Upvote 1