Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SWFG (1/4/13)

DocDinar.

"Iraq currently has $60 billion in foreign currency reserves. In the 70s, when their former currency boasted a much larger value, Iraq's foreign reserves were only 35 billion."

Just to be accurate, there were FAR fewer dinar in the 1970's than there are now. This comparison is apples to kumquats.

Hello RVPleaseToday, you are absolutely correct but the information I provided was also accurate. The amount in circulation is a concern for the CBI and I have no real solution for that. Just trying to be honest.

Edited by SWFloridaGuy
  • Upvote 8

I agree with that. If the amount of dinar in circulation decreased, the value of each dinar would increase. Iraq keeps saying they are going to decrease the amount in circulation by removing three zeros from the currency. Problem is, they just talk about it and never actually do it. Big surprise.

Trust me I hear ya on that one. I have been extremely frustrated by the CBI and GOI over the past couple years. In part because I feel that Iraq has so much potential. I also recognize that there are different mechanisms by which they can achieve a higher exchange rate. As usual, we can only hope for the best possible outcome.

Edited by SWFloridaGuy
  • Upvote 3

Hey Willy, great to see you. This was from today actually. Just reviewing financials from 2012.

Did you post this earlier? I thought I read something similar to this earlier today and DV is the only site I use.

Have a great day and I'm glad to see the positive attitude. Part of my New Years Resolution is to look at the cup as half full. Life is too short to get in a huff about nothing.

Thanks for the quick response too!

• Upvote 2

Did you post this earlier? I thought I read something similar to this earlier today and DV is the only site I use.

Have a great day and I'm glad to see the positive attitude. Part of my New Years Resolution is to look at the cup as half full. Life is too short to get in a huff about nothing.

Thanks for the quick response too!

Nope never posted this before but like I said it is a recap of 2012 financials and I agree life is too short to get in a huff about. smile.gif

Edited by SWFloridaGuy

Good post and WE need to understand that IRAQ does have the potential to return to there former rate of exchange. BUT, in 1970 I did things then that I can NOT do NOW! Time marches on! Just saying! HA HA !

Edited by kjwayne
  • Upvote 2

I agree with that. If the amount of dinar in circulation decreased, the value of each dinar would increase. Iraq keeps saying they are going to decrease the amount in circulation by removing three zeros from the currency. Problem is, they just talk about it and never actually do it. Big surprise.

I've seen various figures on outstanding dinars in circulation, is there reliable number you recognize?

I hope the 2013 year in review says something like this...Major improvements were made the first part of Jan, mid to late Jan RV! ha GO RV!!!!!

That would certainly be great. I'm a skeptic at heart though and I'll believe it when I see it. I've only been in this a little over 2 years. I can't imagine what some of the true vets here must feel like. Pretty numb to it all by now I'd imagine. Still though, I do think long term we have a good shot at seeing something.

Hey, 9.4 percent is a good growth rate. But, not what we're hoping for in an RV.

Well, that's also not total growth, just an example. Let's not forget that oil is quickly becoming second in Iraq to gold. Early in 2012 there was a large discovery of Gold in eastern Baghdad. The last couple years have produced large quantities of gold atoms in the soil through their vast drilling operations.

They actually raised thousands of tons of dust, which was set aside for the purification and extraction process. This discovery, among others, could turn Iraq into a producer of gold more than oil. It has also will increase the prices of real estate due to the influx of gold job seekers.

I'm not here to prove to you that Iraq will RV. I don't even know how I feel about that. I do think there's a good possibility of one though. I think it could go either way and you know that I can't prove it one way or another and others shouldn't require proof either.

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the post SWFG -- you are always right on top of things - I wish I could say that about myself ! - I admittedly have too many "things" all important too -- just the way it is right now - ha ha - too many pots on the stove possibly -- lol I am feeling changes are on the way !! News has been really good today !

• Upvote 1