Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ted Nugent's Open Letter to Joe Biden

krome2ez

twt-special-white.png

NUGENT: Open letter to Joe Biden on guns

‘Gun control’ won’t save lives

By Ted Nugent

-

The Washington Times

Monday, December 31, 2012

Joe,

Congratulations on your appointment to lead a presidential commission to end gun-related violence.

As a National Rifle Association board member, husband, father, grandfather, law enforcement officer and genuinely concerned American, I too want nothing more than to see evil, senseless massacres stopped. I concur with the president and caring people everywhere: It’s time to end these slaughters.

As you gather your team to study massacres and how to stop them, I offer to you my services and a lifetime of expertise on guns in all their implementations. While I strongly differ with President Obama on many issues, I agree with him that we must work with all we can possibly muster to end these tragedies.

As you begin to formulate your thoughts on how to proceed with your task, I hope your starting point is to provide the president with the facts regarding these slaughters and to offer him common-sense recommendations that are void of a political agenda and will actually make a meaningful difference. If the American people smell a political agenda here, that will only bog down our efforts.

In the spirit of goodwill and a deep desire to end gut-wrenching, incredibly sad and senseless rampages, I offer you the following recommendations:

I encourage you to persuade the president to lead this effort by providing a number of public service announcements. The announcements should include watching out for each other, encouraging parents to be more involved in their children’s lives regarding entertainment choices, and knowing various indicators we should watch for in people who are unstable.

Clearly, the focus on solving these mass murders must be on the mentally ill. In almost every instance of mass killing, there were ample red flags and warning alarms that either were avoided or were not acted upon by mental health professionals, family members, friends and acquaintances. While I deeply respect an individual’s privacy and civil liberties, the American people need basic awareness of what indicators to look for regarding potentially violent, psychotic people. Our collective safety begins with being collectively vigilant.

You will find in your assessment that all of the massacres have occurred in gun-free zones. What gun-free zones create is an environment where good people are unarmed and virtually defenseless against an unstable person intent on committing mass murder. Gun-free zones are modern killing fields. I implore you to recommend that Congress pass a law to ban gun-free zones immediately.

Just like your full-time, armed security detail, qualified citizens with authorized, legal concealed-carry permits should be able to carry weapons virtually everywhere to protect themselves, their loved ones and innocents.

I also implore you to strongly consider recommending that trained school officials have access to weapons to protect students. Just as airline pilots may have access to a weapon to prevent another Sept. 11 mass murder, school officials also should be trained to stop shooting sprees at our schools.

I don’t encourage you to recommend a ban on any weapon, magazine capacity or type of ammunition. That won’t accomplish anything other than prevent the 99.9 percent of responsible, law-abiding Americans from enjoying these modern weapons as we do now. We should never recommend or develop public policy that restricts the rights of the good guys based upon what evil people do or might do. If that were the case, alcohol still would be banned. As you may know, drunk drivers kill an estimated 12,000 Americans each year and hurt tens of thousands more.

I encourage you also to keep this misnamed “gun violence” in perspective. While all deaths are tragic, the vast majority of gun-related murders and violence are committed by gang members who do not use guns that look like — but do not perform like — military assault weapons. The majority of crimes that involve a firearm are committed with handguns. I concurred with you back in 2008 when you stated, “If [Mr. Obama] tries to fool with my Beretta, he’s got a problem.” I trust you still maintain those sentiments.

Again, I offer you my services and a lifetime of expertise. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Ted Nugent

Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/31/open-letter-to-joe-biden-on-guns/#ixzz2GlyvSS30

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

• Upvote 8

He just another hollywood nut job.

Actually he a Michigan nut job that now lives in Texas. Cant say he`s ever lived in Hollywood. You obviously don't really know what your talking about. He`s a little on the abrasive side but his determination to protect the 2nd amendment has never been questioned

• Upvote 11

the real Hollywood nut jobs are the ones who support agendas that do not effect them ,only go along with liberal thinking , who have so much money that a another little tax increase just means the next movie contract is negotiated for another 5% HIGHER THEN THE LAST ONE--- what Mr Nugent has expressed is a real meaningful start to real gun control , take away the guns from the sick, the criminals , take away the guns from the illegals living here in the US, gangs , foreign and domestic by any means possible---He is on the right track ---but the real hidden agenda here is the government is afraid of it's honest citizens to owning any kind of gun if it ever became necessary to take up arms against the government--has nothing to do with the mentally unbalanced, nothing to do with criminals, nothing to with terrorists---just fear of loss of their power---I don't think there are a whole lot of us left that remember the Revolutionary war it was all about tyranny--enough of a rant for now

• Upvote 8

the real Hollywood nut jobs are the ones who support agendas that do not effect them ,only go along with liberal thinking , who have so much money that a another little tax increase just means the next movie contract is negotiated for another 5% HIGHER THEN THE LAST ONE--- what Mr Nugent has expressed is a real meaningful start to real gun control , take away the guns from the sick, the criminals , take away the guns from the illegals living here in the US, gangs , foreign and domestic by any means possible---He is on the right track ---but the real hidden agenda here is the government is afraid of it's honest citizens to owning any kind of gun if it ever became necessary to take up arms against the government--has nothing to do with the mentally unbalanced, nothing to do with criminals, nothing to with terrorists---just fear of loss of their power---I don't think there are a whole lot of us left that remember the Revolutionary war it was all about tyranny--enough of a rant for now

Nice rant Capt. +1 smile.gif

• Upvote 2

He just another hollywood nut job.

DUDE.......GET INFORMED.......IGNORANCE IS NOT AN EXCUSE!! Nuggent and hollywood do not belong in the same sentence!!

Your gonna get some major flack from everyone that reads your post.....JUST DUCK BRO...............INCOMING!!!!

PS.. A QUOTE I READ FROM HIM.............."I'M TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT REPEAT OFFENDERS...I WANT TO HEAR DEAD OFFENDERS!!"

Edited by Crow
  • Upvote 5

When I was 14 in Jackson Miss. I got to see him with backstage passes on his Double Live Gonzo tour. My sis was dating the promoter so after the concert we went to the Hilton where he was staying and I still remember his handlers asking if he wanted to go to the party upstairs or maybe go into the nightclub and play music. Cash changed hands, the padlock was cut off the door, and he played till the cops came. Made me change my ways.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Krome2ez for the link. I saw Ted back about 78' or 79' swinging down about 50' on a rope and then blasting away with stranglehold. After the song was over he told everybody why he was late. The rains came early in Africa while on a big game hunt. It was cool that he was late. He gave a 50 minute encore. I am cool with them banning rocket launchers for the general public. BW

• Upvote 1