Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hypocrite Celbrities 'Demand a Plan' Gun Control PSA

krome2ez

Where do you stand on celebrity endorsements?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do celebrity endorsements matter?

• Yes - Their personal opinions matter to me.
    • No - Do your job and entertain me, that's all.
    • It depends, on products YES, politics - NO

Entertainment

New Video Mocks Celebrities’

‘Demand A Plan’ Gun Control PSA

Posted on December 31, 2012 at 7:24am by Mike Opelka

Many celebrities have spoken out about gun control. Some of the biggest names in Hollywood have even stepped up and offered to use their fame to change the current gun laws. Jennifer Aniston, Jamie Foxx, Will Ferrell, Beyonce, Chris Rock, Steve Carrell, Ellen Degeneres, and others have appeared in a video called “Demand A Plan.”

Screen-Shot-2012-12-31-at-6.17.58-AM.png

Image: Demand A Plan screen capture

While it is perfectly acceptable for famous folks to trade on their celebrity status to promote causes they deem to be important, it has also been noted that many of the people in the video have earned fortunes by appearing in movies and TV shows that promote guns and gun violence.

A new video is quick to point out this hypocrisy. The alternative campaign called “Demand A Plan? Demand Celebrities Go **** Themselves!” has surfaced on the web. It uses a combination of clips from the actual “Demand A Plan” video and intercuts it with violent scenes from virtually every single star in the PSA.

Watch it, below (caution: violent themes and images):

For the record, the “Demand A Plan” campaign is an effort from “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” and the San Francisco-based Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence. Both group’s websites host the 1:22 video calling for American citizens to contact their elected officials and demand action on gun laws.

From Demand A Plan’s website, here are their three specific requests regarding gun laws:

•Require a criminal background check for every gun sold in America

•Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines

•Make gun trafficking a federal crime, including real penalties for “straw purchasers”

It should be noted that every state in the union requires a criminal background check when a licensed firearms dealer sells a gun, any gun. The first item on the list seems tied to a push requiring background checks on private gun sales and those made at gun shows.

Hat Tip: Sailing Manuel for inspiring the full video version.

Where do you stand on celebrity endorsements? Join the conversation in the comments section and take our Blaze poll.

Celebrity Endorsements

Do celebrity endorsements matter?

Yes - Their personal opinions matter to me.

No - Do your job and entertain me, that's all.

It depends, on products YES, politics - NO

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/new-video-mocks-celebrities-demand-a-plan-gun-control-psa/

• Upvote 1

To Hell with Hollywood. They sit back on their a$$`s and have so called professional body guards (armed brother-in-laws) at their disposal and we the peon`s are not allowed to protect ourselves. More lame bull shat from left wing bull crap artist. We place way to much significance to their profession which started around the 12th century by people who were to dumb or lazy to find real work.

• Upvote 5

To Hell with Hollywood. They sit back on their a$$`s and have so called professional body guards (armed brother-in-laws) at their disposal and we the peon`s are not allowed to protect ourselves. More lame bull shat from left wing bull crap artist. We place way to much significance to their profession which started around the 12th century by people who were to dumb or lazy to find real work.

Couldn't agree more buddy, call em like ya see em!! I've boycotted many actors and actresses for those exact reasons, just added a few more to my list. Thanks for the post Krome, great one, what a bunch of hypocrites! The majority of them don't have a clue what they are even talking about and keep living in their little fantasy worlds.

• Upvote 3

Oh no, I love Jennifer Anniston and Will Ferrell... I hate to put them on my list but I shall.

Me too, and Cameron Diaz, because she looks just like my wife! Dang it now I have to go ask her what are her thoughts on gun control! :P Of course I already know the answer will be, "Pass the ammo!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 2

Let's not overlook the marxists who have their kids protected 24/7 by armed security forces!

The politics of hypocrisy

Mocked by an absurdly biased mainstream media, labeled as "crazy" by left-wing pundits and politicians, LaPierre went on to point out the blatant hypocrisy of those who have condemned him and his suggestion as unworkable, unwise and simply unthinkable:

How have our nation's priorities gotten so far out of order? Think about it. We care about our money, so we protect our banks with armed guards. American airports, office buildings, power plants, courthouses - even sports stadiums - are all protected by armed security. We care about the President, so we protect him with armed Secret Service agents. Members of Congress work in offices surrounded by armed Capitol Police officers. Yet when it comes to the most beloved, innocent and vulnerable members of the American family - our children - we as a society leave them utterly defenseless, and the monsters and predators of this world know it and exploit it.

This hypocrisy was epitomized by none other than NBC's David Gregory, who badgered LaPierre over his stance during a Dec. 23 interview:

You proposed armed guards in school. We'll talk about that in some detail in a moment. You confronted the news media. You blamed Hollywood and the gaming industry. But never once did you concede that guns could actually be part of the problem. Is that a meaningful contribution, Mr. LaPierre, or a dodge?

In trying to be too clever by half, Gregory went on. Citing mass shootings at Columbine and Virginia Tech, both incidents in which armed guards or police officers were present on the grounds, he tried to bait LaPierre: "But you would concede that, as good as an idea as you think this is, it may not work. Because there have been cases where armed guards have not prevented this kind of massacre, this kind of carnage. I want you would concede that point, wouldn't you?"

Only the privileged deserve protection?

Not so surprisingly, Gregory himself conveniently left out the fact that he sends his children to the Quaker school Sidwell Friends (where obama sends his kids) where there is a security department consisting of 11 personnel, according to the Weekly Standard, many of whom are police officers and therefore presumed armed.

But even if they aren't, Gregory's kids - and those of a number of political and media elites who also send their children there - will benefit from the full-time Secret Service protection afforded Obama's children, who attend the school. The others whose children attend Sidwell represent a cornucopia of voices now calling for more gun laws, stricter gun control and outright gun bans.

Finally, there is this: Gregory smugly asserted that the armed guards at Columbine and Virginia Tech did nothing to prevent the armed attacks on those schools.

Fine. But I have to ask: Would he consider placing his children in a school without armed guards? Is he willing to take a chance with the lives of his kids to practice what he and others who hold his point of view (and who also have kids in elite, well-protected schools) condescendingly preach?

We here at Natural News highly doubt it.

Sources:

http://www.weeklystandard.com

http://www.huffingtonpost.com

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/038470_Obama_children_armed_guards.html#ixzz2GfTzq8c3

• Upvote 2

Me too, and Cameron Diaz, because she looks just like my wife! Dang it now I have to go ask her what are her thoughts on gun control! :P/> Of course I already know the answer will be, "Pass the ammo!" :lol:/> :lol:/> :lol:/>

Oooh, a packin Cameron of your very own.... you just made alot of guys drool, lol!!! I bet your wife is just as awesome as you...

Ha ha! Is that the list for people you want to kill?

Hahaha.... that was me that negged you!

• Upvote 3

Oooh, a packin Cameron of your very own.... you just made alot of guys drool, lol!!! I bet your wife is just as awesome as you...

Hahaha.... that was me that negged you!

ROFL, A bunch of guys actually mistook her for Cameron on an elevator at a convention I was at in Vegas, I thought it was funny, but she won't let me forget it I'm sure. Yes she is pretty awesome, I really think God sent her down to earth just to make me smile!! :D Thanks for the compliment my friend, from all our previous chit chats I know you are "awesome" as well.

Your list, ROFLMAO, All I can think of right now is the movie Billy Madison, where Sandler calls that goof ball and apologizes for picking on him in high school, and he turns around and crosses his name of his list of people to kill. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 1

ROFL!!! I love that movie and that specific part.. that and Waterboy is our go to boredom movies...

Ours too, that and Chuck and Larry or Anger Management are hilarious as well!

"Now you wasn't about to baash wonna my all star Alabama players was you?" "But he spi spi spit in the coo coo cooler coach" :lol: :lol: :lol: Momma said Iraqi dinars are the devil! :P

R E A L L Y ???????????????????

So you are saying that all these rich, fat-cats with ARMED BODY GUARDS are speaking out about gun control???????????????

Does that mean that they will disarm their armed body guards??????????????????????

What about firing all the body guards over 6' tall and weighting over 300 pounds?????????????????

N O T

Edited by gymrat76541