Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hashemi: Iraq began spring .. And 2013 year of change

ALBUNDY

Hashemi: Iraq began spring .. And 2013 year of change

(Die Presse) described the former Iraqi Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi, the protests that are currently taking place in his country as "the beginning of a popular uprising and the spring Iraqis." He predicted Hashemi, in a dialogue with the agency, "Anatolia news agency that" the year 2013 is a year of change in Iraq. " and renewed his call for all Iraqis - regardless of Antmethm and roots and orientation - to work hard to achieve victory for the "uprisings blessed that began in Fallujah, Ramadi and Samarra and win them and say to the wrongdoer enough. " and saw several Iraqi cities Friday demonstrations against the government, especially in the cities of Mosul and Fallujah (north and west of the country). said that "Iraq now at a crossroads real and must therefore be resolved direction that will be interpreted by the command Iraq future, "he said, adding that Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki" the darkness and corruption and mismanagement of his government, making circumstance appropriate for change. " He also predicted Hashemi to widen the scope of the intifada Iraq to include the southern provinces as well, being a living denial situation of misery, poverty and lack of services and the loss of security experienced by the central governorates and the north. explained that the "gift popularity against Maliki - which had previously predicted its - began Anbar, Samarra and Mosul, and will hold large-scale demonstrations in various provinces." He's former vice president, "Today we have millions of frustrated and oppressed and unemployed and displaced persons and orphans, widows product injustice and corruption and mismanagement government of Nouri al-Maliki. " and considered that "opportunity has been lost to al-Maliki and that is the people who will govern Iraq's march future." and called Hashemi Arab countries, and in particular the Gulf states and Turkey, to "pause responsible" with the uprising of Iraq, expressing believing that this stance is very important for the victory of the Iraqi people oppressed. stressed that al-Maliki "will not respond to the aspirations of the Iraqi people towards a free life of dignity." and praised Hashemi position Turkish Iraqi issue, saying: "Turkey's position was bold and courageous statements issued dear brother Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Turkish Prime Minister, and I hope that does not leave Turkey alone in the reading of the Iraqi political scene. " and "I should have also supported and support and support from all Arab countries and in particular the Gulf states, which damaged its security because of this influence unprecedented for Iran in Iraq. " In commenting on the Maliki government detained members of the Guard and Finance Minister Rafie al-Issawi, considered al-Hashimi, in an interview with the Anatolia news agency, that what happened "is a scenario repeating what already happened to him and already expect also, "adding that under the scheme aimed at excluding Sunni Arabs from Iraq's political process. called the Iraqi List, "Do not disappoint guards Issawi as already betrayed," said "the Iraqi List to adopt a courageous stand for all the oppressed in Iraq, led by the issues and the issue of Isawi and thousands of innocent detainees today behind bars in jails al-Maliki covert and overt. "

Read more: http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php?id=82618#ixzz2GQceeJIt

well here comes the uprisings, a year behind all other nations in the region, soon as the youth of iraq read and decipher this news post, the streets will be packed full of protestors, 1 get rid of the political monkey , maliki , but will give the terroist a great target with plenty of casualities , lots of folks packed in the streets, if this senario takes place most likely u.n. troops will be called in as peace keepers , and the poop slinging will start, because they did not rush into syria,.... { just a thought of what i think might happen } all they have to do is spread the word through the market places and meeting places , and start the voting process coming up in 4 months ,,, also hope this would be the idea the article is trying to say . good luck iraqi citizens , give that guy the big boot

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

(Die Presse) described the former Iraqi Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi,

Read more:

Now how do you know that Hashemi knows anything about what is

going on inside Iraq? He's not even there. The article should have

read, Hashemi hopes that this spring will see an uprising inside of

Iraq. That would have been a more accurate statement.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

(Die Presse) described the former Iraqi Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi,

Read more:

Now how do you know that Hashemi knows anything about what is

going on inside Iraq? He's not even there. The article should have

read, Hashemi hopes that this spring will see an uprising inside of

Iraq. That would have been a more accurate statement.

There is always hope!

Geez, I hope they can do this right and not destroy the rest of what the good guys have been trying to build. It's been a long time coming for the citizens to be aware. Pray for the peace for the folks and the demise of the tyrant dictator.

Hashimi is a fugitive in hiding with charges of multiple counts of terrorism by Interpol and the high court of Iraq.

fwiw.

Yeah coolbeans, but so are thousands in the PM's jails and being tortured just because they oppose him. Hashemi is not guilty of what maliki drummed up. The US, Maliki, Iran, and members of maliki's party know this and have said this. It was all drummed up to not only take Hashemi out but to make sure he never took Talabani's place in the event Talabani was unable to serve. (like now) The so called high court is also governed by maliki. Judges that will sign a death certificate with blantant signs of tortured and call it natural causes. This started going on since the troops left last December. He started assassinating and arresting his opposition. Like Shabibi and Issawi. The latest victims.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Geez, I hope they can do this right and not destroy the rest of what the good guys have been trying to build. It's been a long time coming for the citizens to be aware. Pray for the peace for the folks and the demise of the tyrant dictator.

Yeah coolbeans, but so are thousands in the PM's jails and being tortured just because they oppose him. Hashemi is not guilty of what maliki drummed up. The US, Maliki, Iran, and members of maliki's party know this and have said this. It was all drummed up to not only take Hashemi out but to make sure he never took Talabani's place in the event Talabani was unable to serve. (like now) The so called high court is also governed by maliki. Judges that will sign a death certificate with blantant signs of tortured and call it natural causes. This started going on since the troops left last December. He started assassinating and arresting his opposition. Like Shabibi and Issawi. The latest victims.

BS

If this were false and "drummed up" Interpol would not have a warrant out for Hashimi's arrest.

He is one of Interpol's most wanted.

Amazing to see you support wanted terrorist who are wanted for attempted assassination and the death of women and children.

I do not like terrorist or terrorist supporters.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Coolbeans, If he's a terrorist and Interpol has an arrest warrant don't you think they would have arrested him by now? Did you forget that Turkey is part of Nato and must hand him over if Interpol shows up at the door? Have you even heard of them showing up in Turkey? Does that seem a bit suspicious to you?

I love that. You call me a terrorist supporter. I do not support maliki, he's a terrorist. I support Hashemi. He's not. Can't wait to see these files the US said they are going to bring. Now that they are about to pull their support for an enemy of democracy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Coolbeans, If he's a terrorist and Interpol has an arrest warrant don't you think they would have arrested him by now? Did you forget that Turkey is part of Nato and must hand him over if Interpol shows up at the door? Have you even heard of them showing up in Turkey? Does that seem a bit suspicious to you?

I love that. You call me a terrorist supporter. I do not support maliki, he's a terrorist. I support Hashemi. He's not. Can't wait to see these files the US said they are going to bring. Now that they are about to pull their support for an enemy of democracy.

Wow..

You are supporter of a known and wanted terrorist.

If the FBI knocks on your door do not be surprised.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just to clarify before another forum fact is born...

Interpol is not a law enforcement agency,doesn't issue or enforce warrants and doesn't arrest anyone..It's more of a clearing house to share information among member law enforcement agencies.

The only warrant for Hashemis arrest was issued by Iraq and Turkey declined to honor it..

• Upvote 1

Just to clarify before another forum fact is born...

Interpol is not a law enforcement agency,doesn't issue or enforce warrants and doesn't arrest anyone..It's more of a clearing house to share information among member law enforcement agencies.

The only warrant for Hashemis arrest was issued by Iraq and Turkey declined to honor it..

Correct and that "clearing house" is supported by the World Court, the UN and the FBI and would never issue a bogus warrant... especially one for an elected leader of a nation.

fwiw

Edited by coolbeans
  • Upvote 1

I do not support maliki, he's a terrorist. I support Hashemi. He's not. Can't wait to see these files the US said they are going to bring. Now that they are about to pull their support for an enemy of democracy.

Hello Uncirculd,

What kind of support are you talking about? Moral support ?

I find it hard to really make any attempt to give any kind of support to either of these guys.

As you know corruption is a way of life in Iraq and I don't trust anyone over there.

Heck I dont trust any politicians here. I surely can not show support for any of these clowns ( no offense Thug )

• Upvote 1

Correct and that "clearing house" is supported by the World Court, the UN and the FBI and would never issue a bogus warrant... especially one for an elected leader of a nation.

fwiw

I'm unclear as to what you''re suggesting...

Interpol didn't issue the warrant nor did the FBI,the UN or the World Court....

And yes I agree..the "clearing house"is supported by nearly 200 law enforcement agencies..

I'm unclear as to what you''re suggesting...

Interpol didn't issue the warrant nor did the FBI,the UN or the World Court....

And yes I agree..the "clearing house"is supported by nearly 200 law enforcement agencies..

International alert issued for fugitive Iraqi vice president

By the CNN Wire Staff

Istanbul (CNN) -- Interpol on Tuesday issued a "red notice" for Iraqi Vice President Tariq al-Hashimi, who is suspected of guiding and financing terrorist attacks in the country.

The red notice for al-Hashimi "represents a regional (and) international alert to all of Interpol's 190 member countries to seek their help in locating and arresting him, following the issue of a national arrest warrant by Iraq's Judicial Investigative Authority as part of an investigation in which security forces seized bombing materials and arrested individuals," the international police organization said in a statement.

Al-Hashimi has been living in a Turkish government guest house in Istanbul. In recent months, he has lived in Iraq's semi-autonomous Kurdistan region but has also traveled to Saudi Arabia and Qatar at the invitation of those governments.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/08/world/meast/iraq-fugitive-vp/index.html

And...

Interpol Joins Effort to Find Iraq Official

By JACK HEALY

Published: May 8, 2012

BAGHDAD — The international police organization Interpol stepped squarely into a bitter political and sectarian fight on Tuesday when it responded to a request for help from Iraq to arrest the country’s fugitive Sunni vice president on charges that he ran death squads inside Iraq.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/09/world/middleeast/interpol-issues-red-notice-for-iraqi-vice-president.html?_r=0

Iraq's Tariq al-Hashemi faces Interpol arrest notice

BBC

International police organisation Interpol has issued a worldwide alert for the arrest of fugitive Iraqi Vice-President Tariq al-Hashemi.

He is accused of running Sunni death squads in post-invasion Iraq to target Shia officials - which he denies.

He fled to Kurdish-run northern Iraq when the allegations emerged in 2011, and later visited other countries.

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Mr Hashemi was currently in Turkey for medical treatment.

"Mr al-Hashemi is in our country due to his health problems and to hold talks regarding latest developments," Mr Erdogan said. "I believe, he will return his country following his treatment."

Interpol on Tuesday issued a "Red Notice" - a request for local police to detain a wanted person with a view to their extradition.

Many of Interpol's members consider it a valid arrest request, but a Red Notice is non-binding and is not a formal international arrest warrant.

Interpol Secretary-General Ronald Noble said the move would "significantly restrict his [Hashemi's] ability to travel and cross international borders".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17988571

Get it?

Edited by coolbeans
  • Upvote 1

International alert issued for fugitive Iraqi vice president

By the CNN Wire Staff

Istanbul (CNN) -- Interpol on Tuesday issued a "red notice" for Iraqi Vice President Tariq al-Hashimi, who is suspected of guiding and financing terrorist attacks in the country.

The red notice for al-Hashimi "represents a regional (and) international alert to all of Interpol's 190 member countries to seek their help in locating and arresting him, following the issue of a national arrest warrant by Iraq's Judicial Investigative Authority as part of an investigation in which security forces seized bombing materials and arrested individuals," the international police organization said in a statement.

Al-Hashimi has been living in a Turkish government guest house in Istanbul. In recent months, he has lived in Iraq's semi-autonomous Kurdistan region but has also traveled to Saudi Arabia and Qatar at the invitation of those governments.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/08/world/meast/iraq-fugitive-vp/index.html

And...

Interpol Joins Effort to Find Iraq Official

By JACK HEALY

Published: May 8, 2012

BAGHDAD — The international police organization Interpol stepped squarely into a bitter political and sectarian fight on Tuesday when it responded to a request for help from Iraq to arrest the country’s fugitive Sunni vice president on charges that he ran death squads inside Iraq.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/09/world/middleeast/interpol-issues-red-notice-for-iraqi-vice-president.html?_r=0

Iraq's Tariq al-Hashemi faces Interpol arrest notice

BBC

International police organisation Interpol has issued a worldwide alert for the arrest of fugitive Iraqi Vice-President Tariq al-Hashemi.

He is accused of running Sunni death squads in post-invasion Iraq to target Shia officials - which he denies.

He fled to Kurdish-run northern Iraq when the allegations emerged in 2011, and later visited other countries.

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Mr Hashemi was currently in Turkey for medical treatment.

"Mr al-Hashemi is in our country due to his health problems and to hold talks regarding latest developments," Mr Erdogan said. "I believe, he will return his country following his treatment."

Interpol on Tuesday issued a "Red Notice" - a request for local police to detain a wanted person with a view to their extradition.

Many of Interpol's members consider it a valid arrest request, but a Red Notice is non-binding and is not a formal international arrest warrant.

Interpol Secretary-General Ronald Noble said the move would "significantly restrict his [Hashemi's] ability to travel and cross international borders".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17988571

Get it?

Get what? Iraq issued an arrest warrant and Interpol did what they always do.....the point is Interpol doesn't initiate warrants or arrest anyone..

As your cites clearly show Interpol issued an alert based on the Iraqi warrant and a non binding request to law enforcement agencies..

Get what? Iraq issued an arrest warrant and Interpol did what they always do.....the point is Interpol doesn't initiate warrants or arrest anyone..

As your cites clearly show Interpol issued an alert based on the Iraqi warrant and a non binding request to law enforcement agencies..

Are you actually suggesting that an organization such as Interpol would issue

a red notice for the vice president of any nation without first having seen some

evidence to the fact? That just because Maliki said he's a terrorist they would take

his word on it, and do so right after the reign of Saddam? That is simply seeing only

what one wants to see. Isn't it just remotely possible that, the List , is the problem?

Earlier today I told uncirculd that I wasn't, rooting, for anyone but to say what your

saying sure makes it look as though you are. Again it is possible that Maliki has

fabricated all this information about Hashimi and all the other people that he has

been accused of. But consider this, If he has that much control over all the people

of Iraq, and now your suggesting the entire world, then we had best sell our dinar

fast before it's too late. That kind of power wont be stopped easily.

• Upvote 2

INTERPOL is the world’s largest international police organization, with 190  member countries.

Our role is to enable police around the world to work together to make the world a safer place. Our high-tech infrastructure of technical and operational support helps meet the growing challenges of fighting crime in the 21st century.

SUPPORTING POLICE WORLDWIDE

We work to ensure that police around the world have access to the tools and services necessary to do their jobs effectively. We provide targeted training, expert investigative support, relevant data and secure communications channels.

This combined framework helps police on the ground understand crime trends, analyse information, conduct operations and, ultimately, arrest as many criminals as possible.

NEUTRALITY

At INTERPOL, we aim to facilitate international police cooperation even where diplomatic relations do not exist between particular countries. Action is taken within the limits of existing laws in different countries and in the spirit of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Our Constitution prohibits ‘any intervention or activities of a political, military, religious or racial character'.

VISION AND MISSION

The vision:

"Connecting police for a safer world".

The mission:

"Preventing and fighting crime through enhanced international police cooperation".

Read the full  vision and mission.

A GLOBAL PRESENCE

The General Secretariat is located in Lyon, France, and operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. INTERPOL also has seven regional offices across the world and a representative office at the United Nations in New York and at the European Union in Brussels. Each of our 190 member countries maintains a National Central Bureau staffed by its own highly trained law enforcement officials. http://www.interpol.int/About-INTERPOL/Overview

Back to listShare | Print

Priorities

INTERPOL has amended its strategic framework for the years 2011-2013 during the 81st session of the General Assembly (2012), to provide an enhanced, focused and effective direction for our programmes and activities during this period. Within this framework (the initial version was approved by our General Assembly in November 2010), we have defined four strategic priorities and two corporate priorities.

These priorities are in line with the Organization's  vision and mission and reflect the dynamic environment and challenges of international policing in the 21st century.

Strategic priorities

1: Secure global communication systems

We run a secure global police communications and support system (known as I-24/7) that connects all 190 National Central Bureaus (NCBs), along with other authorized law enforcement agencies and strategic partners, allowing them to instantly access, request and submit vital data.

We are committed to making INTERPOL tools and services more efficient and effective over the next three years. We will achieve this through a number of objectives and activities, for example by enhancing the infrastructure of I-24/7, continuing to expand the system beyond NCBs and to officers in the field, and by better integrating the sharing of data between INTERPOL and other systems.

2: 24/7 support to policing and law enforcement

We provide round-the-clock support and a wide range of operational assistance to our member countries, including emergency and crisis response. We are committed to further improving response times, follow-up and the integrated nature of our response.

Objectives and activities are focused around the work of our Command and Coordination Centre, the development of new investigative expertise, and the deployment of teams specialized in incident response, security issues at major events and the identification of disaster victims.

3: Capacity building

We are committed to enhancing the tools and services that we provide in the area of law enforcement training and to raising standards in international policing and security infrastructures. We will work with partners and stakeholders in order to build the capacity of police services in countries in need and to empower them to respond effectively to the challenges of transnational crime.

Over the next three years we will work to leverage current resources in our member countries, implement new training programmes, build partnerships internationally with the public and private sectors to deliver training and technical assistance, and work with member countries to develop common standards and recognized best practices.

4: Assisting member countries in the identification of crimes and criminals

We provide the highest quality database services, analytical capabilities and other innovative tools to assist in preventing crime. We aim to further improve our criminal information databases and better support their integration, along with analytical/investigative methods and mechanisms.

Objectives and activities will centre on improving the quality and quantity of information in our databases, providing operational and specialised investigative support, developing a global approach to integrated border management, and building robust cybercrime support to member countries in cooperation with international stakeholders.

Corporate priorities

5: Ensure Organizational Health and Sustainability

We will focus efforts on strengthening our core infrastructure, improving our business model and communicating our long-term relevance in terms of policing and law enforcement leadership and support.

We will strengthen our business infrastructure and delivery support mechanisms in order to ensure efficient delivery of our core products/services. Other objectives will focus on human resources and staff well-being, communications strategies, and building support for our strategic priorities.

6: Institutional and Legal support

We recognize the importance of efficient governance mechanisms, the need to develop the strategic and geographical outreach for the Organization, and to find innovative solutions to complement INTERPOL’s funding. This institutional effort needs to be supported by solid legal foundations. We will focus efforts on enhancing the legal stability and foundation for international activities, including ensuring compliance with INTERPOL rules and regulations. One of the overriding considerations is to enhance the Organization's neutrality and independence. http://www.interpol.int/About-INTERPOL/Priorities

08 May 2012 - Media release

INTERPOL issues Red Notice for Iraq Vice-President

PR039widget.jpg

LYON, France – At the request of Iraqi authorities, INTERPOL has published a Red Notice for Iraq’s Vice-President, Tariq Al-Hashemi, on suspicion of guiding and financing terrorist attacks in the country.

The Red Notice for Al-Hashemi represents a regional and international alert to all of INTERPOL’s 190 member countries to seek their help in locating and arresting him, following the issue of a national arrest warrant by Iraq’s Judicial Investigative Authority as part of an investigation in which security forces seized bombing materials and arrested individuals.

The publication of the INTERPOL Red Notice for Tariq Al-Hashemi will see INTERPOL's Fugitive Investigative support unit and the Command and Coordination Centre at its General Secretariat headquarters closely liaise with its National Central Bureaus in the region and worldwide to pool and update all relevant intelligence.

“The INTERPOL Red Notice against Tariq Al-Hashemi will significantly restrict his ability to travel and cross international borders. It is a powerful tool that will help authorities around the world locate and arrest him,” said INTERPOL Secretary General Ronald K. Noble.

“This case also clearly demonstrates the commitment of Iraqi authorities to work with the world police community via INTERPOL to apprehend individuals facing serious charges,” added the Head of INTERPOL.

Containing identification details and judicial information about a wanted person, a Red Notice is circulated to police in all of INTERPOL’s member countries and seeks the apprehension of a wanted person with a view to their extradition.

A Red Notice is not an international arrest warrant. Many of INTERPOL’s member countries however, consider a Red Notice a valid request for provisional arrest, especially if they are linked to the requesting country via a bilateral extradition treaty. In cases where arrests are made based on a Red Notice, these are made by national police officials in INTERPOL member countries.

INTERPOL cannot demand that any member country arrest the subject of a Red Notice, and an individual wanted for arrest should be considered innocent until proven guilty. http://www.interpol.int/News-and-media/News-media-releases/2012/PR039

individual wanted for arrest should be considered innocent until proven guilty

Read more:

Yota, your smarter than that. All persons are innocent unti proven guilty, even a terrorist,

or a shooter in a theater, or even someone named Maliki. Yet so many here want Maliki

dispatched asap base solely on internet news sources. You do know how easy it is to

fabricate such stories? Where are the photos of the rapes, murders, and the tortured?

Surely after all the accusations someone would have taken at least one photo. And

where is the photos of documents that prove his misuse of office? Can you truly believe

that not one person has been able to sneak out even one piece of incriminating evidence

for the world to see? If that is the case then Maliki must be the Antichrist. How else can

he have such absolute and monstrous control over every single person in Iraq. These are

the questions that so far have lead me to discount the accusations of the List. In the

history of the world not one person has ever had so much control as to prevent, COMPLETELY,

all evidence of their guilt.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hello Uncirculd,

What kind of support are you talking about? Moral support ?

I find it hard to really make any attempt to give any kind of support to either of these guys.

As you know corruption is a way of life in Iraq and I don't trust anyone over there.

Heck I dont trust any politicians here. I surely can not show support for any of these clowns ( no offense Thug )

Well I tell you what. Lets take a man. Takes a woman on a date and ends up doing the wild thing. A guy shows up at the door and she cries rape. You then find out it is her boyfriend. You go to jail. She lies and the boyfriend swears to it.

That is the Hashemi case. Except the confessions were extracted with torture and murder.

I cannot do anything less than support the truth. If I don't then your a rapist!

Lady,

Yes maliki is an antichrist.

So was Saddam, and Hitler. There are more than one.

Did you read the trial of Hashemi? They would not allow the defense to provide any evidence. It was in the news and public knowledge.

Yota,

Thanks for the interpol info. I was clueless.

Edited by uncirculd
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here's the real issue.....the level of "disinformation" we're seeing right now is what is the high level red alert.

Yesterday, I posted an article stating that Kordestani said that the signing of the agreement between Kurdistan and "The Centre" had not occured on Sunday, as scheduled.

Now, see here:

From Bond Lady's site (article posted by BL and comments by Shredd):

Bondlady

ADMINISTRATOR

ADMINISTRATOR

Final agreement between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government

Published 30/12/2012 09:21 AM

Babinaoz - Agencies: signed the Joint Ministerial Commission between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government Sunday an agreement was reached between the two sides on Wednesday.

He said Defense Minister Saadoun Dulaimi agency had been reached a comprehensive agreement in principle to resolve the crisis between Baghdad and Erbil, are permanently signed during the meeting of the Joint Ministerial Committee between the federal government and the province in Arbil on Sunday.

He explained that "the parties forward working papers been Andajhma and become closer to the final declaration," adding that "the two papers were converted to the Joint Supreme Committee for passage at a meeting to be held in in Arbil on Sunday."

The MP for the Kurdistan Alliance and a member of the security and defense committee MP Hassan Jihad secretary that the meeting of the two delegations Kurdish military and government in Baghdad has been fruitful and resulted in agreement on all the issues of contention between the two sides. He explained that "the main outcomes of the meeting of the Kurdish delegation of military and military delegation in Baghdad represented a delegation from the Ministry of Defense and Interior is the withdrawal of troops next to the disputed areas between Baghdad and Erbil to what it was previously, as well as a new mechanism for the distribution of these forces in these areas and joint forces while the application of Article 140 of the Constitution. " He continued by saying that "the two sides also agreed to entrust security duties to checkpoints common in these areas as well as the lack of access to any troops to these areas and out of the knowledge of the parties committee of the Iraqi army and the Peshmerga and other matters related to the security of these areas related to police and security," and pointed to "The Kurdish delegation presented 15 proposals to address this problem after remedy the core issues," noting that "tomorrow will witness the signing of important topics that have been agreed upon at the meeting of the two delegations military in Arbil."

http://www.babnews.c...ew.asp?ID=61595

2 Re: Final agreement between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government Today at 7:50 am

Shredd

Now this is very nice to see! Here's my summary.....on Wednesday, (another article says this agreement or meeting for the agreement was postponed till next Wednesday)an agreement was reached between the federal government and the Kurdistan government. This is an agreement in principal to resolve the crisis between Baghdad and Erbil....and was permanently signed today.

This meeting was fruitful and resulted in:

1. agreement on all the issues of contention between the two sides

2. the withdrawal of troops next to the disputed areas between Baghdad and Erbil to what it was previously

3. a new mechanism for the distribution of these forces in these areas

4. the application of Article 140 of the Constitution

5. entrust security duties to checkpoints common in these areas

6. the security of these areas related to police and security

Lastly, "tomorrow will witness the signing of important topics that have been agreed upon at the meeting of the two delegations military in Arbil."

So, the bottom line imo, the agreement has been reached by both sides

You'll have to go to BL's site in order to see the post. DV will invalidate the link.

Edited by Alexyn1006

Someone brought an article in here that says it will be signed and I think it said tomorrow. Well if it ain't right, we know that when it is signed it will be big.. It has to be. An agreement? Geez, it would really be nice. They need to show the world they are in political bliss. So this is big. When it's signed it will be viral!

Or am I just over reacting again?