Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Gun Control

Frogee

ROFL ROFL laugh.gif .... okay funny boy.... you always crack me up... Gotta make sure I +1 ya...

All kidding aside... don't ya wonder why? I've found only one thing that seems to correlate with guys versus the gals... but wonder if anyone else has tried to figure this out....

testosterone? <grin>

• Upvote 1

Just seen on the News that if or I should say when we go over the fiscal cliff there is about 30 states that will release 100`s of prisoners from prison because they will no longer be able to afford the upkeep. A great many whom are considered dangerous. I don't think now's the time for me to be giving up my gun rights. smile.gif

• Upvote 1

Gun control? What a joke! These liberal cowards think they will ever control anything? We gun owners/citizens/men&women are laughing at the thought of any control by this government. Prohibition is a good example of the failed attempt to control people. Haha It ain't going to happen!

Just seen on the News that if or I should say when we go over the fiscal cliff there is about 30 states that will release 100`s of prisoners from prison because they will no longer be able to afford the upkeep. A great many whom are considered dangerous. I don't think now's the time for me to be giving up my gun rights. smile.gif

Not good, maybe if they let the non violent offenders out..

Every single able american should be forced to bear arms at all times. Then if a situation happens, the situation can be ended with minimum casulties. there will always be the lawless...so putting more regulations and bans on the law abidding people does nothing but give the criminal the upper hand of knowing their victims are unarmed.

we need parents to be f'ing parents...not regulate the 99.9% of the public thats law abidding citizens.

• Upvote 3

I would think that most cities could impose a tiny safety tax...just cents....that would provide armed guards in these schools. I would volunteer in a heartbeat. No pay necessary. I went shooting yesterday, yes I am a female. More and more women are arming themselves these days.

Yesterday, I took my sister and shot a Walther P22, .22 LR SIG Sauer P226, 9mmTaurus Model 85, .38 Special Smith and Wesson Model 686, .357 Magnum & Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22. .22 LR and a Govt. Issued model 1911 .45 ACP.

In these gun-free zones there are mass shootings. I'll tell you what, I went to my daughters assembly last Thursday and thought to myself, "here are a thousand children....wide open....no protection." I walked in no problem. So did any other parent or whomever.

I also walked in, illegally, yes, with concealed firepower and positioned myself in an area to where I could just "maybe" be a "guardian" if need be. I scanned an analyzed body language, dress, etc. I shoot many, many times a week and I would have no moral problem, as most of you, dropping a mass shooter. Felt better my husband was there this time....military and a detective, former SWAT....but he doesn't know I shoot. He can't, its complicated. But if things went haywire, I would join him in taking out the shooter if need be.

I also know, that, not just because of what I do for a living, that NO District Attorney would bring charges forth on a person taking out a shooter. I have spoken to some teachers....some retired, that concealed and carried at their schools. They are/were guardians. The tricky part is no collateral damage. It is sad that it has come to this....that we have to protect our children in schools. There is no way to reverse the gun culture we live in. There is no disarming the citizens if they wanted to. Its far too late. Fire power should be met with greater fire power. And so I do think there should be a select number of trained teachers with guns and school guardians. I don't know a parent who would disagree. A shooter may get off a few shots but when the first one goes off...the teachers jump into action. Maybe the local police departments wouldn't mind highly training several teachers, as well, after stringent background and psychological tests, of course. Just kind of brain storming. How to stop this. Millions of gun owners behaved well that day. It was the one that wasn't at all a gun owner that caused such a tragic event. God rest their souls. Sorry if I rambled off topic. Just thinking out loud, so to say. And Dog, I got a visual. The crapper. Hahaha! That's funny.

This will unfortunately happen again in the next year :( and we will be asking ourselves why and what to do. Well. I think its bloody time to take some action.

• Upvote 2

I would think that most cities could impose a tiny safety tax...just cents....that would provide armed guards in these schools. I would volunteer in a heartbeat. No pay necessary. I went shooting yesterday, yes I am a female. More and more women are arming themselves these days.

Yesterday, I took my sister and shot a Walther P22, .22 LR SIG Sauer P226, 9mmTaurus Model 85, .38 Special Smith and Wesson Model 686, .357 Magnum & Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22. .22 LR and a Govt. Issued model 1911 .45 ACP.

In these gun-free zones there are mass shootings. I'll tell you what, I went to my daughters assembly last Thursday and thought to myself, "here are a thousand children....wide open....no protection." I walked in no problem. So did any other parent or whomever.

I also walked in, illegally, yes, with concealed firepower and positioned myself in an area to where I could just "maybe" be a "guardian" if need be. I scanned an analyzed body language, dress, etc. I shoot many, many times a week and I would have no moral problem, as most of you, dropping a mass shooter. Felt better my husband was there this time....military and a detective, former SWAT....but he doesn't know I shoot. He can't, its complicated. But if things went haywire, I would join him in taking out the shooter if need be.

I also know, that, not just because of what I do for a living, that NO District Attorney would bring charges forth on a person taking out a shooter. I have spoken to some teachers....some retired, that concealed and carried at their schools. They are/were guardians. The tricky part is no collateral damage. It is sad that it has come to this....that we have to protect our children in schools. There is no way to reverse the gun culture we live in. There is no disarming the citizens if they wanted to. Its far too late. Fire power should be met with greater fire power. And so I do think there should be a select number of trained teachers with guns and school guardians. I don't know a parent who would disagree. A shooter may get off a few shots but when the first one goes off...the teachers jump into action. Maybe the local police departments wouldn't mind highly training several teachers, as well, after stringent background and psychological tests, of course. Just kind of brain storming. How to stop this. Millions of gun owners behaved well that day. It was the one that wasn't at all a gun owner that caused such a tragic event. God rest their souls. Sorry if I rambled off topic. Just thinking out loud, so to say. And Dog, I got a visual. The crapper. Hahaha! That's funny.

This will unfortunately happen again in the next year sad.gif and we will be asking ourselves why and what to do. Well. I think its bloody time to take some action.

I take my hat off to you. Yes more and more women are becoming armed citizens and I for one think it`s great. One more honest gun in the street is exactly what this country needs. The last thing a criminal wants is to get shot doing his job. They will always pick a weak target. Not knowing who is armed and who is not armed curtails a lot of criminal activity in states that allow concealed carry. I read that the Aurora theater shooter went to 2 theaters before he made a choice. His choice was made due to the fact that the other two allowed concealed carry. (don't know if that's true but read it on line ) A armed teacher = safer kids Hopefully common sense will prevail.

• Upvote 1

Well, thanks dog! It turns my stomach especially because my daughter is 6. Its senseless. But that type of firepower should be met with equal or far greater fire power. My mother is a teacher in Ft. hood and they've already implemented new rules. Locked doors. Yeah. Because I could kick one in or blow the lock off in a heartbeat. Ugh. I have been brainstorming and can't think of anything else. Anyone?

Don't know how old you are mule or what year you were that age. Like I said I came from a different world then what exists now. Don't get me wrong I did my share of raising hell but never did I or anyone I new and I knew a lot of of guys so mean that they didn't make it to adulthood that never in a million years would hurt a child.

. For the record I'm 54. late 70's for my nutty years.

I agree this is not the same planet I was born on.

I do not think we will ever know what motivated that kid to shoot his mother and then 20 children.

I understand why he killed himself.

. For the record I'm 54. late 70's for my nutty years.

I agree this is not the same planet I was born on.

I do not think we will ever know what motivated that kid to shoot his mother and then 20 children.

I understand why he killed himself.

I don't think I'll ever understand why a person would kill their self... what must possibly be going on in someone's head that takes lives, even their own?!

I don't think I'll ever understand why a person would kill their self... what must possibly be going on in someone's head that takes lives, even their own?!

Put yourself in his shoes, after killing 20 children and 7 adults including your mother

Could you have any hope of living with yourself? I certainly could not.

I don't like the way I feel when I think about this tragedy. There is more than enough sadness in the world.

I think I will go kiss my grand children and try to move on. Not out callousness but self preservation.