Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Zambia zeroes in on new banknotes

DetroittoAZ

SINGH, how many times has Iraq said they were going to drop three zeros? How many times have they said they are going to RV?

You are debating the meaning of their words about three zeros which they have said hundreds of times while assuming they are going to do something they have never said they would do.

While we all hope they will RV, your logic escapes me.

Edited by RVPleaseToday

SINGH, with all due respect, Zambia isn't being ambiguous at all. It is perfectly clear what they are saying. And, since they are going to do it in 10 days, why would they obfuscate their intent?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

That is why I say Iraq will not do what Zambia is going to do......LOP.

Zambia has yet to give contradicting articles about what thay are going to do.

RVPlease Today respect given. I am one of those people that when I explain something it is very clear what I mean or try to be.

***///

Lots and lots and lots of USD, that's what... (for one....)

And considerably more 'natural' resources for another. ;)/>

Iraq can apparently afford to play the waiting game, as long as we play, too, to a point.

If they tell us to take our toys and go home and take our USD with us,

it'll be a whole different ball game in Iraq.

Now, Zambia is no Iraq, that's for sure.

However, if TPTB are using the Zambians for a distraction, guinea pig, or other 'purpose',

they did achieve one thing....

they sure got our attention!

SNOOZ is right.... let's wait and see how this turns out. ;)/>

Plus 1, SNOOZ.

Dead on my friend ...!! ;)

Lets wait and see on the first...!!

Plus from me too +

SnooZ

When has Iraq contradicted their constant articles saying they are gong to drop three zeros? There has been debate over whether they are going to do it or not, but not what it means.

To me you believe they want to LOP, but they have said in many article that they want to increase purchasing power, increase the value of the dinar against the dollar, so although it doeasn't say specifically say RV, it sure means that to me.

Well I am really enjoying this debate, but, I have to go. I have family from out of town and they keep watching me weird.

Tommorow we will continue if the topic is still around and I ain't hung over tooo bad.

To me you believe they want to LOP, but they have said in many article that they want to increase purchasing power, increase the value of the dinar against the dollar, so although it doeasn't say specifically say RV, it sure means that to me.

Those two things are not mutually exclusive. They're not contradictory.

yeah it will turn out that for fact the only fact i am still wondering is which one will it be 10,100,100,1000000 which of those will be the exchange rate for 1 new dinar. there has been muti articials stating 1000 to 1

this is exactly where i stand also ...its not a law that they must delete 3 zeros .. 1000 to one .. they can delete 2 zeros ... 100 to one . or one zero ... 10 to one .. no zeros and a deletion of trillions of electronic dinars leaving only phisical currency in existance to be exchanged

all we have is the storys coming out of iraq .. i personally dont base my integrity on anything coming out of iraq ..

there could be a different kind of smoke .. one that no one can see .... 2 zeros .. or one zero ..

we all have to wait to see .. we see what this country is doing .. we know what other countrys have done .. iraq is not settled yet ..this we do know

• Upvote 1

Not to ruin everyone's holidays, but I'm starting to see how a 1:1 USD to Dinar will occur. The devaluation of the USD will bring it to the point of the current value of the Dinar. Then, to correct it, the Dinar will drop their zeroes and call it 1:1 to the USD. Tongue in cheek, folks. Tongue in cheek. ;)

SINGH, how many times has Iraq said they were going to drop three zeros? How many times have they said they are going to RV?

You are debating the meaning of their words about three zeros which they have said hundreds of times while assuming they are going to do something they have never said they would do.

While we all hope they will RV, your logic escapes me.

I beg to differ, The CBI and other Govt officials have stated many times that they intend to increase the value of the IQD. That is revaluing. Changing or increasing the value is revaluing. They have done this in the past and I expect them to do it again. Loping zeros does not achieve that.

One plan was to revalue to 1000-1 then drop the zeros. A small gain but never the less a revalue first.

I think a lot of people get confused with the deleting the zeros because they say the dinar will have a higher value and more purchasing power.....

A lop of the zeros still achieves that.....they refer to the new currency that will be out....because after they lop, the NEW dinar will have a higher value vs the old and it will have more purchasing power vs the old....

That is why when they speak about lopping the dinar they also mention those things....its not contradictory at all....

• Upvote 1

Not to ruin everyone's holidays, but I'm starting to see how a 1:1 USD to Dinar will occur. The devaluation of the USD will bring it to the point of the current value of the Dinar. Then, to correct it, the Dinar will drop their zeroes and call it 1:1 to the USD. Tongue in cheek, folks. Tongue in cheek. ;)

Here is what your talking about

The U.S. dollar fell against most other major currencies

Ali Salman - 12/23/2012 - 3:57 pm | Readers: 10

1356267976.jpg

Economic / news agency Buratha

A report issued weekly exchange markets of the National Bank of Kuwait to the U.S. dollar fell against most other major currencies, with the middle of last week.

By which time the current negotiations between U.S. President Obama and the commander Republican John Boehner and that promise the possibility of reaching an agreement before the holidays glorious, which has encouraged investors to risk in the market over the past week, although he was popular rather limited, due to cancel Republican leaders vote on the draft submitted by the parliament spokesman John Boehner, as well as the stalled negotiations between the two ruling parties.

Thus, the economic outlook stating that it is impossible to reach an agreement before the official holiday period.

In this sense, the U.S. dollar index fell to its lowest level at 79.00 after opening the week at 79.58, and continued volatility index that closed the week at 79.61.

On the other hand added national report that the euro opened the week at 1.3163 and then rose significantly against the U.S. dollar by mid-week to reach its highest level at 1.3308, with the feet agency Standard & Poor's rated to raise credit rating for sovereign debt Greek by 6 degrees, which agrees With the release of a number of positive news about the ongoing negotiations regarding the expiration of the tax breaks in the United States, but the euro soon negatively affected by the idleness U.S. negotiations between the ruling parties of up to 1.3144 and finally closed the week at 1.3188.

The Sterling has experienced performers like to perform the euro rose against the U.S. dollar by mid-week to reach its highest level at 1.6307 after reaching 1.6174 at the beginning of the week, that he soon began to retreat up to 1.6200 and so while remaining above the level of 1.6175.

But the recent economic news, which reported that consumers in the country have become more pessimistic than expected about the current situation may cause the decline of the pound to below the level of 1.6175, and continued to retreat to 1.6152 and finally closed the week at 1.6172.

In contrast, the decline in the Japanese yen to its lowest level against the U.S. dollar over the past 20 months recent, while stock prices have risen to their highest level in 8 months last, based on expectations that the Japanese Prime Minister and newly elected to the expansion of monetary and fiscal stimulus and that the goal of preventing the risk of economic downturn, increased currency pair USD / JPY to its highest level at 84.62 but soon fell as a result of concerns growing about the end of the tax breaks in the United States, but closed the week at 84.00 and although permits made by a senior members of the Liberal Democratic Party of Japan and the judge in their eagerness to remain trading the currency pair USD / JPY between 85.00 and 90.00.

10/05/1223 http://burathanews.com/news_article_179321.html IANTP JMO

The economic "boom" and former "glory" can only mean an rv, Iraq will have the "strongest" currency in the ME..go rv!

I've read articles with Shabibi stating that Iraq CURRENTLY has the strongest currency in the region because their currency is fully backed by their foreign reserves.

The economic "boom" and former "glory" can only mean an rv, Iraq will have the "strongest" currency in the ME..go rv!

Actually economic booms are accompanied by a depreciating currency more often than not. And "former glory" could easily refer to a re-denomination to bring the value back to near $1 as they've stated numerous times that they intend to do.

• Upvote 2