Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Health report

Francie26

To all my DV friends,

I spent all of Wednesday and Thursday in a large hospital in a city near where I live. As some of you know, I was recently diagnosed with Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma following a biopsy of an enlarged lymph node. In those two days, I think they examined every part of my body, leaving no stone unturned, so to speak. I even had the test that scaned my entire body, one small segment at a time. And do you know what they found? Nada. Nothing. They can't find any cancer anywhere in my body!!! haha Here are the stats on this kind of extremely rare cancer. In the United States, there are approximately 566,000 new cases of cancer each year. And of those "well over half a million cases," only 1224 (average) of them are the kind that was found (by Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN) in my lymph node, so it is extremely rare. Also in all that "rareness," only 5% (about 61) show up in the lymph node. That's not very many out of well over half a million. Two further things: even with all their testing, they have, so far, been unable to find cancer in my body at all, not an original source of it, nor anywhere that it may have matasticized, yet they say cancer doesn't get into a lymph node without being somewhere else first. Also, even the doctors at Mayo say "my" particular so-called cancer is missing some of the normal markers for this kind of cancer. I still don't have the results back for two of the tests, but I don't think either of them would have a particular bearing on a cancer diagnosis, but that remains to be seen, of course. Now my oncologist wants me to go have all these tests done again at KU Med Center, a large teaching hospital nearby. I don't much like the idea of repeating all of this again, nor am I overly thrilled about students making a study of me, but it isn't too likely that the students would be any other than those who are specializing in oncology, and as my oncologist says, he, himself, also needs other experts to confer with regarding my final diagnosis. Although he is a highly respected oncologist in this area, he has never seen this kind of cancer. So when I get home after Christmas and New Year's, I will call him and agree to do this. I feel it is important that all of us who can contribute to cancer education in some way do so.

But meantime, I don't know what they really found in my lymph node, but I just don't believe it's cancer. In fact, I have never worried about this nor been very upset about it because I have never believed it was cancer. I guess I could be in denial, but I really don't think so. I usually confront things pretty much head-on, both good and bad. But I will admit that it got my attention and reminded me to take good care of myself, to eat right, exercise, and get enough sleep.

Yesterday my youngest daughter took me to KCI, from where I flew to D.C.,although it took forever to get off the ground because of the serious snow storm in KC, and from there I flew to Albany, NY where my oldest daughter picked me up and brought me to her home in Vermont where I'll spend Christmas and New Year's. It was kind of funny to watch both my daughters in collusion in tracking me during my whole trip, like I had to be watched carefully. haha They are adorable.

Just to let you know, I may be able to duck in now and then while I am here, and in fact, will plan to do so, but I want to wish all of you a lovely, warm, loving Christmas and for all of us, the Happiest New Year ever!!! Fran

• Upvote 8

Francie, you went at this with faith in the Lord, your brilliant mind an your mighty resolve to beat this.... I had no doubt you would win but I never thought it would be this quick, lol!!! Have a very Merry Christmas, enjoy your family and God bless my friend!!!

• Upvote 3

That is super news Francie. I am thrilled for you. :twothumbs:

It reads like a good mystery with another saga to be added with the re-tests to be conducted by KU Med Center. I always knew you were a smart lady and wanted to educate others....well this is new twist in that you are the guinea pig for the oncology students.

Take care and have a great Christmas with your eldest daughter.

• Upvote 3

That is super news Francie. I am thrilled for you. :twothumbs:/>

It reads like a good mystery with another saga to be added with the re-tests to be conducted by KU Med Center. I always knew you were a smart lady and wanted to educate others....well this is new twist in that you are the guinea pig for the oncology students.

Take care and have a great Christmas with your eldest daughter.

I will do this, my friend. But when I get home, I am still going to do all I can to create confusion in my body to deny cancer a chance to slip in. I will do this by diet, exercise, and getting regular amounts of sleep. I have very little control over the cancer, none at all, in fact, other than the power of my chosen beliefs and my decision to take even better care of my body. So those will just have to be enough. But . . . my bets are on "me" to do this. LOL I am sure I can do it.

• Upvote 3

I want to thank all of you for your prayers on my behalf. And I also want to ask you to keep up the good work. Things are going our way now, and we need them to continue through the next round of tests. As most of you know, continued prayer is the most important tool in my get-rid-of-cancer-permantly toolkit. Thank you to all of you who have helped me with this through your prayers.

• Upvote 3