Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why do I need an assault rifle?

divemaster5734

First of all, please define 'assault' rifle. People love to throw around terms that they have no idea of their meaning. If an assault weapon is something that can kill a lot of people quickly then a donkey's jawbone was an assault weapon in the hands of Samson. Secondly, even if I do not need an AK-47 to deer hunt I have yet to find any politician with enough brains to stop once they get started on a weapon's witch hunt. Once they start banning they are like a shark feeding frenzy. By the time they get through you will not even be able to find a .22 to find.

• Upvote 5

It does not make sense to just ban Assault rifles unless you classify any weapon with a capacity of say more than N rounds an ASSAULT WEAPON...WHY WOULD you need more than say 3 rounds unless your intent was to do great harm? I say let the gun crowd have as many trophy weapons as they like just find some way to restrict the capacity. Only one with extremely bad weapon skills would need more than 2 shots i think...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

An assault rifle by definition has several things that it must be capable of to make it an assault rifle. "Selective fire is one of those things. Selective fire includes, single shot per one trigger pull, 3 round burst per trigger pull, or fully automatic discharge which means if you hold the trigger down it will fire until the clip is empty.

There are several other requirements for a rifle to be an "assault " rifle, however selective fire is the most significant. Assault rifles are not available for legal purchase by the general public(it is possible to get a machine gun license but good luck with that). Assault "type or style" rifles are legal to purchase but they are not actual assault rifles.

So the gun grabbers are looking to ban automatic weapons and assault rifles, neither of which are available for legal purchase by the general public.

The media has it wrong, the gun grabbers have it wrong.

Why is there no mention of the 600 plus children shot in Chicago this year? Chicago where handguns are illegal, Illinois where gun laws are the most stringent in the United States? Because the media ignores facts and criminals ignore the law.

The governor of New York want to pass a law requiring a forced buy back of "assault rifles" and then confiscation for those that do not comply. New York already outlaws any gun that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds. So my question is, what guns is he looking to "buy back or confiscate? (did i mention another defining characteristic of an assault rifle is a detachable magazine. A whole bunch of hunting rifles have a detachable magazine. Hmm. Looks like the gun grab is on in NY.

There are other characteristics that also define an assault rifle, but selective fire and detachable magazine are definitely a requirement.

• Upvote 6

I am a patriot and I love my country. The only thing that stands between the goverment and the people is the fact that we have these weapons. I do not recognize any law they pass that takes away my GOD given right to protect myself and my family. The tree of liberty sometimes needs to be replenished with the blood of patriots and tyrants - Thomas Jefferson. If you do not stand for something, you will fall for anything.

• Upvote 8

They (the government) may allow the people to have the guns, but they will restrict and/or make it difficult for us to get the ammo to fire. When one "round" gets to $25 because of tax, then the government has controlled the use of guns.

Reloading classes anyone?

To put it bluntly, I need an assault rifle in the event that I might have to declare my independence from a tyrannical government.

When a tyrannical government uses it's assault rifles to take away my rights, it would be beyond immoral to expect me to defend those rights with my grandpa's shotgun. That is why I need an assault rifle.

Well put indeed.... and here's just a couple of images from history to burn it into our memory!!! blink.gif

9162_526911967327981_537835364_n.jpg

18823_525811814104663_1561083171_n.jpg

And not to mention I can shoot 30 rusty cans without reloading. cool.gif

Yeah dog... ya never know when them rusty cans will sneak up behind ya in your sleep.. unsure.gif...best get em while you can see em!!! laugh.gif

• Upvote 4

They (the government) may allow the people to have the guns, but they will restrict and/or make it difficult for us to get the ammo to fire. When one "round" gets to $25 because of tax, then the government has controlled the use of guns.

Reloading classes anyone?

You are correct about the taxes. NY did it to cigarettes. Almost $5 a pack tax on them.

However they can stop the sale of the powder and the primers. They will get BATFE involved some how(license to reload, good luck getting one) and watch reloading disappear as well. For every legitimate and constitutional reason we have for keeping our guns, the gun grabbers have more nonsensical reasons to get rid of them.

Make no mistake about it, as tragic as the CT shooting was and is, some of these anti gun knuckleheads are giddy about their good fortune in being able to point and say see! we need to ban guns. This tragedy is being politicized by the anti gun crowd. They did not even have the decency to wait a few days before running their mouths about gun control.

• Upvote 3

It does not make sense to just ban Assault rifles unless you classify any weapon with a capacity of say more than N rounds an ASSAULT WEAPON...WHY WOULD you need more than say 3 rounds unless your intent was to do great harm? I say let the gun crowd have as many trophy weapons as they like just find some way to restrict the capacity. Only one with extremely bad weapon skills would need more than 2 shots i think...

Not bashing you...but you are incorrect about the "bad weapon skills" statement. Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVeb_zZdliw

2 armed men fired 1100 rounds...no telling how many rounds the cops shot back at them, and cops are trained to shoot. My point is, in a fire fight, one can never have enough ammo. If you believe you can take out an enemy with 2 or 3 rounds, you are fooling yourself.

• Upvote 6

Not bashing you...but you are incorrect about the "bad weapon skills" statement. Check this out: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SVeb_zZdliw

2 armed men fired 1100 rounds...no telling how many rounds the cops shot back at them, and cops are trained to shoot. My point is, in a fire fight, one can never have enough ammo. If you believe you can take out an enemy with 2 or 3 rounds, you are fooling yourself.

As an old farmer told me while deer hunting on his land... "there's a lot of air around them thar deer"... yup... thar sure is!!!

The point is not all bullets find there mark... well... only in the movies that is!!! rolleyes.gif

Point taken kliklok00!!! wink.gif

• Upvote 1

I am a patriot and I love my country. The only thing that stands between the goverment and the people is the fact that we have these weapons. I do not recognize any law they pass that takes away my GOD given right to protect myself and my family. The tree of liberty sometimes needs to be replenished with the blood of patriots and tyrants - Thomas Jefferson. If you do not stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Anothwe good post. (+) to you. I see so much common sense here. I have some renewed faith in the Patriot's of this once great country. I am so happy to the above post on what a assult rifle means. I wish we could all agree to refer to these so called )assult rifles ) as sporting arms with detachab,e magine. It does not matter how many time you can fire with out reloading excpt the control freaks seem to be intimidated by 30 rounds you can fire.

My feeling is if I want to shoot at 30 prairie dogs withh out reloading. That should be my right. Did I mention that adolph Hitler started by registering gun just before he baned them. Just after that he started rounding up citizens that spoke out and then he exacued them.

So you koolaid sippers and gun registers should think about repeating history. Just my humble opinion. :)

My question, http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SVeb_zZdli the authority?

• Upvote 3