Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Cranston Rhode Island Girl Brings home Crown !

Man_Kind

Couldn't help myself......Man_Kind is a proud Rhode Islander this morning ! biggrin.gif Plus, she lives two streets over. tongue.gif

Cranston's Olivia Culpo was crowned Miss Universe in Las Vegas Wednesday night, beating out more than 80 other beauty queens from around the world.

She is the first Rhode Islander and the 8th American to win the pageant in the event's 60-year history.

Culpo, who wore a magenta ballgown and her hair in a high bun, won based on her performance in the interview, evening gown and swimwear portions of the competition.

For her interview question she was asked: "What is something you have done that you would never do again?"

Culpo said she regretted picking on her siblings growing up, prefacing the statement with "I'd like to say that every experience, good or bad, no matter what it is, you'll learn from it."

Miss Philippines, Janine Tugonon, was the first runner-up.

Culpo will hand off the Miss USA crown she won last June to first runner-up Miss Maryland, Nana Meriwether.

This year's Miss Universe judges included celebrity stylist Brad Goreski, "Real Housewife" Lisa Vanderpump, Olympic volleyball gold medalist Kerri Walsh Jennings, "Iron Chef" Masaharu Morimoto and fashion photographer (and "America's Next Top Model" judge) Nigel Barker.

Image1.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Where is Ms Iraq ?

Shaving maybe ??? blink.gif

And how is this related to Iraq or the Iraqi Dinar????? This goes in the who the heck cares section. No disrespect intended....just posted in the wrong place.

Wow ! Are you serious . I think you need a drink. wink.gif Ease up my friend !Go and give your dinar a hug and I'll go dust off my Dong ! biggrin.gif It's not like it's the end of the world, oh wait !

• Upvote 1

Couldn't help myself......Man_Kind is a proud Rhode Islander this morning ! biggrin.gif Plus, she lives two streets over. tongue.gif

She is the first Rhode Islander and the 8th American to win the pageant in the event's 60-year history.

Image1.gif

Although I only lived in RI eight months after being born in Providence, people still call me a Rhode Islander....YAY Rhode Island...GO USAsmile.gif

Is this her?

gabriela-markus-a-miss-brasil-2012-tenta-o-titulo-de-miss-universo-em-las-vegas-1354563840242_300x500.jpg

Yep........

photographer_uploaded_1_10_1355489705_2012.jpg

• Upvote 2

Although I only lived in RI eight months after being born in Providence, people still call me a Rhode Islander....YAY Rhode Island...GO USAsmile.gif

Born in Prvidence......Yes , you will allways be a Rhode Islander. I was born at St Josephs in Prov. Now living in Cranston.

Have a Merry Christmas ! littlefeet biggrin.gif

Yep........

photographer_uploaded_1_10_1355489705_2012.jpg

• Upvote 1