Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

THEY ARE STARTIN TO FIGHT.

kennyc

http://www.dailypres...8bh177-20121218,0,6269531.story

http://news.yahoo.com/kurdish-troops-fire-iraqi-army-helicopter-dispute-211256573.html

.........Discover Yahoo! With Your Friends.Login. close.. ... ......Kurdish troops fire on Iraqi army helicopter in dispute

Reuters – 6 hrs ago....Email0Share0

Share0Print......BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Troops from Iraq's autonomous Kurdistan opened fire on an Iraqi army helicopter on Tuesday, underscoring tensions between Baghdad's Arab-led central government and the Kurdish region, officials said.

Iraq's government and self-ruled Kurdistan last month both sent troops from their respective armies to reinforce positions around towns in disputed areas where they both claim control as part of a broader feud over oil and territory.

Kurdistan Peshmerga officials said on Tuesday they fired on an Iraqi military helicopter near Sikanyan town just north of the ethnically mixed city of Kirkuk, to keep the aircraft from taking surveillance pictures of their military positions.

"We opened fire at an Iraqi military helicopter flying over our forces," said Anwar Othman, deputy minister for Kurdish military affairs. "This is a clear message that next time our response will be tougher."

A local mayor in the area confirmed the incident. But there was no immediate response from the Iraqi central government.

The growing rift between Baghdad and Kurdistan is the most challenging test to Iraq's federal unity since the last American troops left a year ago, removing a buffer of U.S. military presence from an area long seen as a flashpoint for conflict.

News of the clash came just hours after authorities announced Iraq's President Jalal Talabani, a Kurd, had been hospitalized following a stroke that had left him in critical but stable condition.

A veteran Kurdish politician, Talabani has been a key mediator between Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's central government and the Kurdistan Regional Government who are growing further apart over how to control oil wealth and the disputed territories between their two regions.

Iraqi armed forces and Kurdish Peshmerga have faced off before only to back off before any major confrontation and U.S. officials have been in talks with both regions to try to ease tensions between them.

The ethnically mixed, disputed areas are a swathe of land separating Iraq from the territory administered by ethnic Kurds in the north, and they include the sensitive city of Kirkuk, which sits atop some of the world's largest oil reserves.

Bombings and attacks across those areas killed more than 30 people on Sunday and Monday in what authorities said was an attempt by insurgents to stoke Arab-Kurdish tensions.

Violence in Iraq has eased since the height of sectarian attacks in 2006-2007. But Sunni Islamists still carry out bombings nearly a decade after the American-led invasion to oust Saddam Hussein. (Reporting by Baghdad newsroom, Azad Lazkari in Arbil; Mohammed Ahmed in Kirkuk; writing by Patrick Markey; Editing by Stephen Powell)

...WOW, this does not look so good right now. Glad we have troops over there. Hope calm heads prevail.

Edited by Markinsa
Added Link
  • Upvote 1

i dont see iraq getting devided .. bagdad may have to kick some butt and set things straight.. and they want chapter 7 lifted

theres way to much oil up there to let the kurds have it ..those kurds whether they believe it or not are ...iraqis

they live in iraq

i can pull out a map right now and see it ..on the map the water that feeds bagdad runs south into bagdad out of the north .. .. man .... this could get stupid ugly

watch em pull out the big guns .. the wmds that no one believed they had .. .. and pound the north......... if the dinars go back up to 3000 per dollar .. i think ill buy a few

they should rv tonight so they can have a few trillion dollars to fight it out .. wonder if they will blow each others oil fields up .. destroy their power companys .. ect.

just screw it all up again

or will they just balk .....and settle their differences like grown ups

• Upvote 1

Insurgents? This spells Iran again. Geez, what do they need to get rid of the tyrant and his private Iraqi army? You know they have to be reading the same articles we are. Why is he still running the country? It's so amazing to me. His gig was up in 06 or 07 when he started his crap.

• Upvote 1

http://translate.goo...ved=0CDUQ7gEwAA

Barzani expressed to the delegation of tribal and academic from South reject any national conflict and prepared red line : 2012/12/18 21:30:23 Date: 18/12/2012 21:30:23 Tuesday (This article is time stamped 9:30pm) **I have yet to check the time stamps of the article Kenny posted.

Erbil (news) said Massoud Barzani, president of Kurdistan, he rejects categorically national conflict and prepared by a red line.

This came during a meeting on Tuesday, in Salah al-Din, a tribal delegation and academics from the provinces of Basra, Dhi Qar, Maysan, headed by Sheikh Mohammed Aldenbos Secretary General of the Council of clans liberation and construction in the south.

A statement from the presidency of the province received Agency (news) copy of it: The Sheikh Aldenbos Secretary General of the Council on behalf of the families of the south and central Euphrates presented to President Barzani's initiative to end the problems between Erbil and Baghdad, and to reassure President Barzani clan will not participate in any way in conflict national and broke it will stand firmly in the face of this conflict.

The statement added: President Barzani praised the initiative and courageous stand for these tribes, stressing that the province with any initiative to end the problems and obstacles in Iraq, and that he will deal positively with it and it will intensify the quest for addressing these problems through peaceful means and dialogue and serious debate, based on the Constitution and all terms of the political agreements between the forces and the Iraqi political parties, and he rejects categorically national conflict and prepared by a red line. / end / 24. t. St. /

***As Kenny's articles are from the American Press, and only state the attacks ocurred on "Tuesday" I am not sure how Barzani's press release pertains to the crisis; 1) Is it an attempt to difuse the situation or 2) Is he claiming to be uninvolved/blameless? or 3) Did he release it as a cover? IDK.

Edited by Alexyn1006
  • Upvote 3

Two troops shoot at Iraqi aircraft in Kirkuk

Two, the Ministry announced Tuesday the launch of air defenses fired at an Iraqi army in Kirkuk governorate.

He said Undersecretary Anwar Haji Othman said in an interview for alsumaria news ", that" our defences fired on Tuesday fired on Iraqi aircraft flew more than once in the sikanian, within the province of Kirkuk ", stating that" the plane was forced to withdraw after the shooting.

Maybe Osman "are these two forces plane to spy on scattered in those areas".Number of reading:1 Wednesday, December 19, 2012

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Far.radionawa.com%2F(X(1)A(8uA3uToUzgEkAAAAMmE3OTVmOWUtZTViNy00MDk4LWJjNGEtNjkyY2Q5OGQ2MDFmQtDQqINpkGgCJ1-5sA6YBUNRbdc1))%2FDetail.aspx%3Fid%3D50642%26LinkID%3D63

• Upvote 2

Sometimes I think that the world AND Dinarians,...cannot afford for Iraqi to be out of Chapter 7. We need the IMF, World Bank, UN to "try" to keep Iraqi leaders on a correct path to democracy and freedom. Nothing I've seen in the past year tells me Iraqi is capable of running a country....regrettably.

Get R Done,<LI>Alexyn1006,<LI>sandyf,

What say you? Agree, disagree?

• Upvote 3

I sometimes feel the same way you do, Pastured. I hope this event is not the fan for the flames, otherwise the news from the UN we're awaiting, indicating that Moon is waivering on a decision, may turn the tide. But, as you've implied, it may be a good thing if they're not released yet?

Sorry for my own "waivering" on this. We just have to wait and see. It could have been a single/one off incident. However, I think if Kuwait is happy with their payments and they're fulfilled now, and if this incident reported on this thread turns out to be next to nothing, then we have a chance.

Another thing (this IS Iraq we're talking about), if Talabani has passed, it may kept on the down low to curb a civil war. JMHO.

Edited by Alexyn1006
  • Upvote 1

Kuwait is happy with their payments

I think you are right, I think Kuwait is going to roll with the tide ($$). They should, its the right thing to do. But, personally, I like the UN, IMF control for Iraq,...even if getting it right requires us to wait a while longer. Lots on the line for the Middle East and world. Merry Christmas.

• Upvote 2

Two troops shoot at Iraqi aircraft in Kirkuk

Two, the Ministry announced Tuesday the launch of air defenses fired at an Iraqi army in Kirkuk governorate.

He said Undersecretary Anwar Haji Othman said in an interview for alsumaria news ", that" our defences fired on Tuesday fired on Iraqi aircraft flew more than once in the sikanian, within the province of Kirkuk ", stating that" the plane was forced to withdraw after the shooting.

Maybe Osman "are these two forces plane to spy on scattered in those areas".Number of reading:1 Wednesday, December 19, 2012

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Far.radionawa.com%2F(X(1)A(8uA3uToUzgEkAAAAMmE3OTVmOWUtZTViNy00MDk4LWJjNGEtNjkyY2Q5OGQ2MDFmQtDQqINpkGgCJ1-5sA6YBUNRbdc1))%2FDetail.aspx%3Fid%3D50642%26LinkID%3D63

There are two sides to every story.....GO RV...and quit the bull shi******

Kuwait is happy with their payments

I think you are right, I think Kuwait is going to roll with the tide ($$). They should, its the right thing to do. But, personally, I like the UN, IMF control for Iraq,...even if getting it right requires us to wait a while longer. Lots on the line for the Middle East and world. Merry Christmas.

Nicely put pastured!! :twothumbs: Chapter 7 is a Great Tool..That Balance on Iraq bill is getting lower everyday..I believe you when you stated, Lots on the Line, every Major Countries.. seem to be supporting secondary, third world countries..currency!! IMO but as some say I'm just a TinHead!! :lol: But i will admit I am a Redneck and GM DV

Nicely put pastured!! :twothumbs:/>/>/>/> Chapter 7 is a Great Tool..That Balance on Iraq bill is getting lower everyday..I believe you when you stated, Lots on the Line, every Major Countries.. seem to be supporting secondary, third world countries..currency!! IMO but as some say I'm just a TinHead!! :lol:/>/>/>/> But i will admit I am a Redneck and GM DV

With all do respect....what a bunch of hogwash. Chapter 7 is a great tool? For what? For the iraqis to slowly fulfill their obligations? So they can bomb each other and parliament? What control of the un and imf? Iraq does what it wants and defies every single one of those organizations, and iraq still demands to be released. theyve taken over the cbi and now there into it with the kurds?? What are we missing? A little sunni/shiite battle to kick off a rv? Is this supposed to help solve the hcl too?

Ch7 isa great tool, to keep a rvfrom happening. sounds peachy

Edited by truthful1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hog wash :lol: Ten cooperation agreements between Iraq and Kuwait

18/12/2012 09:11

Iraq and Kuwait signed within the next few period ten joint cooperation agreements in a move that demonstrates the improvement and normalization of relations between the two countries.

The Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Kuwait Sabah Al-Khalid Al-Hamad Al-Sabah deal floppy Kuwait to help Iraq out of Chapter VII and its readiness to provide any assistance to the Iraqi side to complete the objective remains of Kuwaiti prisoners and Kuwaiti property to accelerate the closure of this file.

He immortal that Iraq met a lot of its international obligations, leaving them little, again confirmed that Kuwait are fully prepared to provide any assistance to Iraq in the subject remains of Kuwaitis and others, or the archives and Kuwaiti property and provide any information to speed the completion of this file.

And on the date of the visit of the President of the Council of Ministers Kuwait Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah to Iraq, said immortal: that Kuwait and Iraq are seeking to prepare ten agreements between the two countries in various fields and areas.

He revealed the Kuwaiti Prime Minister in a statement to "Center Brief for the Iraqi Media Network," the week before last, went Iraq and Kuwait to sign bilateral agreements task between the two countries this month, saying: "I am honored to visit Iraq this month, and will send the visit an important message that that Kuwait is not have any problems with the Iraqi people but with the former regime has gone. "

In turn, Kuwaiti sources confirmed that the current trend is to close the outstanding issues between the two countries in turn and then hold talks and prepare a joint strategic agreement.

The sources told "Bri Center for the Iraqi Media Network": "The meetings of the Joint Committee has achieved positive results, and it was waiting for the next rounds."

The sources revealed an important meeting of the Joint Action Committee between the two countries will be held in Kuwait next March, are expected to be almost crucial for the remaining files.

Also announced a timetable agreed by the highest authorities of the two countries to close the page of the past barbed Bmelvadtha and go to build relationships are stronger than they were before the year 1990. Link not directly to the article but it in there!! http://imn.iq/ Iraq has some more work to do!!

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www1.alforattv.net/modules/news/article.php%3Fstoryid%3D83733&usg=ALkJrhjn-BnskY6ZyXwBoSLyUm2S3eABGA

Peshmerga: Shoot the planes in Kirkuk warning was unplanned and will not be repeated تأریخ التحریر: : 1356011515 • 47 مرة مقروئة History of edits :: 1356011515 • 47 times readable story_img_50d317fb5c1cb.jpgAnd sacrificed and the Ministry of Peshmerga in Kurdistan Regional Government shoot two of the planes federal army troops flew over military sites belonging to the Peshmerga forces in the northern province of Kirkuk as "a warning and unplanned."

Said the spokesman for the General Command of the forces protecting Kurdistan team Jabbar Yawar that "hourly o'clock and 45 minutes at noon on Tuesday, the past, the unit of forces Peshmerga Kurdistan stationed in the region of Kani Domlan northern Kirkuk fired shots in the air and just to warn aircraft was approaching and more Low of sites that unit. "

"We and science and stressed that this incident was not premeditated and planned in advance has not issued any orders from the Ministry of Peshmerga, or any higher authorities again in the region of the incident but it is an accident and an accidental and caused the main is to warn those planes to keep away from those sites to the Peshmerga forces as a reminder and confirmation that in previous days approached the aircraft many times of those sites. "

The Yawar said that "the members of the Action Committee Supreme they demand from the competent authorities in the federal government in oral and written ordering not to repeat this until the Committee should hold ministerial and Labor Committee Supreme Federal Government and the Kurdistan Regional Government meetings to defuse tensions on the ground and to emphasize the non-recurrence of these incident again and restraint and member of the Committee visited the work site in which they occurred Supreme shooting and orders given to those unit and other units in the region not to repeat such acts. "/ 3

تحدیث: : 2012/12/20 16:51 Update :: 12.20.2012 16:51

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I think that the world AND Dinarians,...cannot afford for Iraqi to be out of Chapter 7. We need the IMF, World Bank, UN to "try" to keep Iraqi leaders on a correct path to democracy and freedom. Nothing I've seen in the past year tells me Iraqi is capable of running a country....regrettably.

Get R Done,<LI>Alexyn1006,<LI>sandyf,

What say you? Agree, disagree?

Sad but true. I agree.

I think the hammer will come down on Maliki, and soon. He's the nucleus of the major warlike issues over there, and the world can't keep him on as a liability. Neither will Iraq divide - not yet. First they will have prosperity and peace for a season. Then they'll go right down the tubes again. That's prophesied - but my own view on it is that Maliki will be removed from the picture. I can't see any other way.