Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Cop Writes Struggling Father a Traffic Ticket

krome2ez

Texas Cop Writes Struggling Father a Traffic Ticket

— With a $100 Bill Wrapped Inside

Posted on December 14, 2012 at 3:35pm by Madeleine Morgenstern

Hayden-Carlo-KTVT-620x450.jpeg

Image source: KTVT-TV

It’s the last thing a Texas man expected when a Plano police officer pulled him over for an expired registration.

Hayden Carlo, a 25-year-old married father of two, told the officer he didn’t have any explanation for not getting it renewed except that he didn’t have the money.

“You get paid, pay your bills, and there’s your money. It’s gone,” Carlo told KTVT-TV. “I said, ‘it was either feed my kids or get my registration done.”

The officer wrote a citation and handed it to Carlo, who couldn’t believe what he saw inside.

“Opened it up and there’s a $100 bill. I broke down in my car, what else could I do,” Carlo said.

The officer, who wants to remain anonymous, didn’t tell anyone what he did, but Carlo’s grandfather wrote the police department a letter to thank them.

“You just don’t find that many officers who do this type of thing,” Billy McIntire told KTVT.

Plano police spokesman David Tilley said the officer told him, “this young man needed it more than him and it was just the right thing to do.”

Carlo used the money to update both his and his wife’s car registrations.

“He helped me out when I needed it and I appreciate that,” Carlo said. “It definitely restored my faith in God.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/texas-cop-writes-struggling-father-a-traffic-ticket-with-a-100-bill-wrapped-inside/

• Upvote 13

these are the stories i want to hear, especially from cops, this makes me feel like their is still hope and their are honest caring cops still out there that arent corrupt. I have had my fair dealings with the law many times and i have seen the dark side of law enforcement but i have also seen the good but rarely does this thing happen i am amazed by this story for some reason. I recall another story came out just a couple of weeks ago about a cop in New york going into the Sketcher store and buying a homeless man some new boots that was sitting out in the cold barefoot. We need more of this in this world right about now.

• Upvote 6

***///

In Texas.... yup.... :twothumbs:

but not New York,

where a God-Fearing Police Officer's gesture of

goodwill toward his fellow man in the form of a pair of warm boots is

an advantage taken by a scumbag who lives off our Taxpayer dollars and

squandered the goodwill & the gift....

That New York Cop oughtta move to Texas. :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You are right Easy, we need more of this. As long as the good in people still outweighs the bad I feel we have hope, God bless this officer....... BTW, in Tuscaloosa we are doing something to honor the 20 children who lost their lives Friday. Its called T-Town 20, for 20 days you're suppose to do at least one nice, selfless thing for someone once a day... I am hoping it catches on and it continues to be a way of life after the 20 days..

• Upvote 1

I have to agree with Bama, these are wonderful stories that we don't hear enough about. These are stories that should flood the cyber waves all the time.

We need to stay focused on the good, the compassionate, the empathy and the charity. Our souls feed off of all of these and in turn we stay close to God.

We need to unite in all of these to be victorious against the evil of the world.

With the holidays rolling in, it is so easy to put this event on the back burner and only because the hurt is so unbearable for me. I have given myself a reminder to pray for the lost lives in this tragic event, I've lit a candle and it will burn for 21 days, a day for each child and one day for all the adults that lost their lives.

Continue to bring the good stories to the forum.