Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hackers target Westboro Baptist Church after Newtown threat

Bumper64

After church leaders announce plans to protest at site of school massacre, Anonymous posts the personal information for dozens of members of the extremist group, including names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers.

headshots_Steven_Musil_140x100_60x43.jpgby Steven Musil December 16, 2012 1:05 PM PST

158431060.jpg

Mourners gather to remember those who died Friday at a massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

(Credit: AFP/Getty Images)A group attached to the online hacktivist group Anonymous claims to have hacked the Web site of the Westboro Baptist Church in response to plans by the controversial church to picket the funerals of those massacred Friday at a school in Newtown, Conn.

As part of a campaign dubbed #OpWestBoro, KY Anonymous said yesterday it posted the personal information belonging to members of the extremist organization, which is best known for conducting protests designed to disrupt the funerals of members of the military killed in action. The data dump included the names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and physical addresses of dozens of alleged members of the religious organization. The group did not indicate where or how it acquired the data.

The hackvitist group announced the move after several Westboro Baptist Church members announced the group's intention to target Newtown, which was the site of a school shooting Friday that claimed the lives of 26 people, 20 of whom were children ages 6 to 7.

mom_normal.jpg

@
DearShirley

Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment.

Along with the data, KY Anonymous posted a video (see below) in which it pledged to derail the church's efforts.

We will not allow you to corrupt the minds of America with your seeds of hatred. We will not allow you to inspire aggression to the social factions which you deem inferior. We will render you obsolete. We will destroy you. We are coming.

In addition to military funerals, the church group has also targeted the funerals of prominent civilians, including that of Steve Jobs.[/font]

In a related action, a petition has been posted to WhiteHouse.org asking President Obama to have Westboro Baptist Church legally recognized as a hate group. Posted Friday, the petitionalready has more than 46,000 signatures, nearly twice the number needed for it to attract the president's attention. The petition states:

Their actions have been directed at many groups, including homosexuals, military, Jewish people and even other Christians. They pose a threat to the welfare and treatment of others and will not improve without some form of imposed regulation.

http://news.cnet.com...newtown-threat/

angry.gifangry.gif

angry.gifangry.gif

==================================================================================================================================================================

These great bikers will take care of these hate mongers!!

556299_497653813599466_2008131685_n.jpg

556299_497653813599466_2008131685_n.jpg

• Upvote 3

I agree that the WBG (Westboro Baptist Group) need to be stopped, but not with violence; not with hatred upon hatred. The source of their misinformation is ignorance being taught from their leaders. Certainly this group needs to be stopped, but their are other means rather than violence.

1. Make sure that they do not get a permit to picked or assemble near the school or churches where the funerals will take place.

2. Retrain their congregation with love an not hate.

3. Schedule a prayer group around the WBG's building to pray for them. Ask God to work within their lives to change their thinking.

4. Be at their designated area where they plan their protest for a massive, non-violent, praying, group of Christians who will demonstrate compassion and love even to the ignorant.

Forceful, violent action against them only perpetuates violence. It is easy and lacks spiritual strength. Plus, such action falls into the trap where evil wins again.

• Upvote 2

Its not Hatred on our part, it putting them back in place and we are just having fun , No hate involved my Brother .We just don't approve of there B/S. tongue.gif

Biker, I did not mean to imply that this action was motivated by "hate." I'm sure it is out of respect for the victims. Nor do I have a problem with wanting to stop their actions of disrespect for the families of the victims. But the attitude and heart of any response to the WBG has to be with concern for their well being as well. But if violence does occur, how will those opposed to the WBG respond? Turn the other cheek? That would be the Christian response. Or, respond blow for blow? That's the weak response.

Christians respond with positive action that glorifies and not actions that vilify God or His servants. Voice opposition to them. Show support for the families from the school. Put them "back in their place," but with firm and controlled kindness.

I am for the action proposed in the post, but with a spiritual composure that does not promote the very action that you are protesting.

Peace, brother.

***///

300' rule....

the zealots must remain 300' from the facility having the service(s)....

at 299' a line of big, burly Patriotic Bikers, shoulder-to-shoulder....

We can see it now.... :)

If you're a religious zealot with cojones big enough to yell in

the face of a big, burly Biker - you get what you deserve.

And if they have to fire up the bikes to drown out the noise of the hateful

screeches from the zealots and I were a parent of a deceased child,

I would rather hear the rumbling music of big American motorcycles

than the taunts and hateful rhetoric of the zealots screaming that my child deserved

what he/she got from a murderer and that God condoned it.....

Jus' sayin'......

• Upvote 4

From what I have seen in the past when they are protesting the funerals of our fallen soldiers, the bikers form a huge wall in front of these WBC people so that the families are shielded from their negative views!! The bikers try to stay non violent and give respect to the families of the fallen!!

I personally respect these bikers and want to thank them for trying to give these poor people a chance to lay their loved ones to rest in piece!! emot-angel.gifemot-downsbravo.gif

• Upvote 6

I agree that the WBG (Westboro Baptist Group) need to be stopped, but not with violence; not with hatred upon hatred. The source of their misinformation is ignorance being taught from their leaders. Certainly this group needs to be stopped, but their are other means rather than violence.

1. Make sure that they do not get a permit to picked or assemble near the school or churches where the funerals will take place.

2. Retrain their congregation with love an not hate.

3. Schedule a prayer group around the WBG's building to pray for them. Ask God to work within their lives to change their thinking.

4. Be at their designated area where they plan their protest for a massive, non-violent, praying, group of Christians who will demonstrate compassion and love even to the ignorant.

Forceful, violent action against them only perpetuates violence. It is easy and lacks spiritual strength. Plus, such action falls into the trap where evil wins again.

I agree with what I think you are saying here -- "Forceful, violent action against them only perpetuates violence. It is easy and lacks spiritual strength. Plus, such action falls into the trap where evil wins again."

I agreed with the rest of your post also but this really caught my eye gave you a +1 -- hopefully others will catch on and embrace the concept -