Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

PRAYER THREAD: R.I.P Sandy Hook Elementary School Children

Bumper64

227069_10151342239121743_2082551860_n.jpg

twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38 when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.

their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.

they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.

they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.

they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.

"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.

"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."

when what to their wondering eyes did appear,

but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.

He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.

then He opened His arms and He called them by name.

and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring

those children all flew into the arms of their King

and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,

one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.

and as if He could read all the questions she had

He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."

then He looked down on earth, the world far below

He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe

then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,

"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"

"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"

"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"

then He and the children stood up without a sound.

"come now my children, let me show you around."

excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.

all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.

and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,

"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA

44634_195888277202733_331861846_n.png

603188_240675876063148_2145643235_n.jpg

This is Victoria. She died a hero. She hid her first graders in the cabinets and closets after hearing the gunfire. When the shooter came to her classroom, she told him that her students were in the gym. He then gunned her down and moved on. She saved the lives of all of her students. Please pass this on if you see it. She deserves to be remembered for her bravery.

528343_10102160296445423_2139394826_n.jpg

• Upvote 15

Again, my eyes are filling up with tears. I pray for these families and the survivors who will be scarred for life for something no human being should have to witness. Lord keep them safe at your side, in a better place, until they once again are reunited with their families. :angel: Watch over them father, we do not understand why you took them from this world but understand there is no greater place then by your side. Please bring comfort to the families whose lives have been changed by an act of unspeakable cowardice and evil forever.

• Upvote 3

The Bible says, "Blessed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted." Our nation mourns for those in Newtown, CT. While they are enduring unspeakable grief, God Himself will comfort them. He will be there for them, never leave them or forsake them. That is a promise from His Word. We can all be comforted knowing that the next face those precious little ones will see is the face of Jesus.

• Upvote 3

Again, my eyes are filling up with tears. I pray for these families and the survivors who will be scarred for life for something no human being should have to witness. Lord keep them safe at your side, in a better place, until they once again are reunited with their families. emot-angel.gif Watch over them father, we do not understand why you took them from this world but understand there is no greater place then by your side. Please bring comfort to the families whose lives have been changed by an act of unspeakable cowardice and evil forever.

bamagirl was nice enough to ask me to make this thread just for these beautiful people!

Please no gun debates, we have a thread for that already!

Let this thread be about the victims and if you can find info from the first responders!!

Prayers are WELCOME in this thread!!

• Upvote 4

Take to heart that GOD has welcomed every child and adult that lost their life that day and has embraced them into his loving arms as they will never feel pain, will never feel lonely, will never feel unloved as they are bathed in the light of his glory... GOD bless their souls and never forget the beautiful light that they brought to someone's life....

• Upvote 4

bamagirl was nice enough to ask me to make this thread just for these beautiful people!

Please no gun debates, we have a thread for that already!

Let this thread be about the victims and if you can find info from the first responders!!

Prayers are WELCOME in this thread!!

I agree 100% my friend and thanks for starting it, and thank you as well Bama for suggesting it!

• Upvote 2

Thank you Bumper, I think this is simply one of the most beautiful and consoling things I've ever read... We are all still so raw and hurt (and our hurt doesn't even come close to the families hurt) that in our pain we are over looking the fact that these babies and heroes are now with our Heavenly Father and will never feel pain again... The true victims are the family and loved ones left here with their absences, their pain is what I'm praying comfort for and praying this kind of thing doesn't happen again..

• Upvote 2

Been praying for all since I first heard of the shootings. A big thank you to Cameo the writer of the lovely poem. What peace it brings knowing those beautiful children are going to spend Christmas with our Lord and Saviour. My heart still aches for their families who must have such emptimess right now in their hearts. I pray that God fills that emptiness with His Love and wraps his arms of healing around them during this time. Thanks Bumper and Bama! God Bless!

• Upvote 3

I look at my beautiful daughter, and her little toes wiggling in my face while colors a leaf, sitting on the couch with me. I cant imagine being without her. I pray for every family affected by this tragedy. I cry for the heartache they all are feeling, and only hope their faith in God will help them to be strong. May they find some comfort in knowing these little angels are with our Heavenly Father. He must have needed them for a bigger purpose up in heaven.

• Upvote 2

Now I lay me down to sleep I pray The Lord my soul to keep.

If I should die before I wake I pray The Lord my soul to take.

A prayer from my own childhood.

I cannot conceive of the pain for the families. I am just stunned.

The absolute GUTS it took for the teachers and principle

To use there own bodies to protect their charges.

My hat is off to these BRAVE women.

May god grant them pease and mercy through out eternity!

As much as it hurts to see the little faces, :angel:/>/> thank you for the photos.

• Upvote 4

On the wings of a snow white dove

He sent His pure sweet love

A sign from above

On the wings of a dove

When trouble surrounds us and evil comes

The body grows weak the spirit grows numb

When these things beset us He doesn't forget us

He sends down His love on the wings of a dove

SUNG BY

FRELIN HUSKY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our family, friends and church are praying

Luci

• Upvote 2

It was so hard sending my kids to school this morning, I am sure every parent out there had the same anxiety. My kids were praying in the car this morning, my little ones were terrified to leave me... I just pray for Him to be with us all and send us the comfort that only He can..

• Upvote 2

I hear ya bamagirl! It was hard being a teacher today as well! Some students had been shielded from the news but curiosity was piqued when they saw the presence of a sheriff at the front door. Our school system will have extra "presence" of law enforcement at each and every school to reassure parents , students and teachers. But I can tell you in my fifth grade class all my students had seen the news over the weekend and my instinct was to gently approach the subject by avoiding the reliving of the violence and sensationalism of what they had seen or heard in the news, but to reassure them that they were indeed going to be safe at school and in my classroom. (We had practiced "lockdown" procedures earlier in the year and they knew we had routines in place should we ever be alerted by our principal of a security situation.) Without dwelling on the details we were able to go about our normal day as much as humanly possible in spite if the anxieties we all faced. I am proud to say that for my faculty, we have a principal who was not afraid to lead us in prayer at our faculty meeting. Each and every school met after school to review all security policies including not leaving doors propped open etc. and to give any suggestions to help address any issues, such as making sure keys are readily available for substitutes, should they be there on a day when a "lock down" drill is in place. It is a shame we have to be prepared for these kind of events, but I can assure you that we all take the safety of our children extremely seriously, and as I told my students today, when they are with me I will love and protect them as if they were my own children, just like I expect my son and daughter's teachers to keep them safe at all times.

On a happier note, I did receive a hug from an unexpected parent today, thanking me for all I do for his son, and that was an awesome way to begun a difficult day !

• Upvote 2