Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Democrats to push for tougher gun controls

yota691

Pretty sure none of our Founding Fathers had an M-16. I guess the 2nd amendment covers dirty bombs and nukes, as well......if you can afford them, that is. dry.gif

Those beautiful children, cornered in a room with a madman......who never had to reload or blink between victims. Assault weapons serve no other purpose than the death of many in one fell swoop.

GO RV, then BV

Had the staff been armed, the devastation would have certainly been minimized. We live in a world of crazies these days.

Had the staff been armed, the devastation would have certainly been minimized. We live in a world of crazies these days.

I can't agree or disagree, for that matter. I don't know the answer. I think I would rather have my child locked in an inaccessible weapon free building, than an accessible building with weapons. I would prefer the killers remain on the lawn. You said it yourself....."We live in a world of crazies.." Anyone can snap at anytime.....including those we trust to look after our children. As always, just my opinion. mellow.gif

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

I can't agree or disagree, for that matter. I don't know the answer. I think I would rather have my child locked in an inaccessible weapon free building, than an accessible building with weapons. I would prefer the killers remain on the lawn. You said it yourself....."We live in a world of crazies.." Anyone can snap at anytime.....including those we trust to look after our children. As always, just my opinion. mellow.gif

GO RV, then BV

Respected opinion Sir!! Slay.

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure none of our Founding Fathers had an M-16. I guess the 2nd amendment covers dirty bombs and nukes, as well......if you can afford them, that is. dry.gif

Those beautiful children, cornered in a room with a madman......who never had to reload or blink between victims. Assault weapons serve no other purpose than the death of many in one fell swoop.

GO RV, then BV

I just had to respond here... To Reginald Denny an ordinary brick in the hands of an angry mob was most certainly an assault weapon. Firearms fall under the "Right of the people to keep (possess, maintain, store, etc., etc.) and to bear (have on one's person and within immediate deployment capability) arms (jack knives, sticks, pitchforks, ball bats, bricks, brick bats, steak knives, muskets, .45 ACP's, shotguns, AK47's and all manner of personal defense items) shall not be infringed portion of the Second Amendment. Weapons have evolved with the evil in men's hearts. I have long understood that criminals will not obey gun control laws. Only an idiot would deny that...

post-10685-135578293375_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Pretty sure our founding fathers didn't have cars and trucks either, but we have no problem keeping them around. More people are killed with autos every year including children. How do we deal with that, we make sure those responsible can't get a license to drive. We don't take away EVERYONES ablility to drive.

Typical response, let's take away the rights to own certain guns from all law abiding citizens so we can prevent bad people from getting them. :confused:/> We all know that if someone was planning on committing mass murder we would ruin there plans by making a law to prevent them from carrying it out. They certainly wouldn't want to break the law and use a banned gun to coimmit murder.

What difference would it make if the shooter had to reload or not? He was shooting defenseless little children. He could have been carrying fifteen or more clips of ammo and a couple of hand guns, even ten round clips would have been just as deadly in the scenario that just unfolded.

The common denominator in all of these shootings is not the guns used as much as the sick mind that directed the finger to squeeze the trigger. A sick individual bent on murder can always figure out another way.

We as a country need to stop addressing the symptom and address the problem which is mental health. :twocents:/>

BillBill, most of what you are saying in this post is clear, concise and not disputable. However, on this one point I beg to differ. Mental health is not the problem. Yes. In this instance there was a mental health issue, but that is one among many issues. My belief and my opinion is that the rash of bad actors is relative to the MORAL decay of our society in that many are afflicted mentally. To be more clear, take for instance television and movies. In and of themselves they are not necessarily bad. Then couple the untold, nearly immeasurable hours of morally deficient garbage, which is piped into the minds of a generation of persons whose society teaches that moral absolutes are not relevant and the only thing that truly matters in the minefield of life is how that one felt at that moment. Remember, our youth have been programmed to believe they are worthy of praise when they have done nothing praiseworthy. You are significant in the fabric of life even if your place is that of a sponge... a parasite. This most recent shooter had in fact been long diagnosed with mental issues, but I am not comfortable with making education and mental health diagnoses the main focus. After certain (and more enlightened) ones have diagnosed all the sick people they will naturally progress to labeling all who disagree with them as mentally I'll and in need of a fix when what needs to happen is an awakening to the truth. The truth is we have been lazy with guiding our children and removing the bad actors from society... a return to 2nd Chronicals ch. 7 v 14 is the most obvious place to begin...

• Upvote 1

Instead of turning this tragedy into a "gun problem" we ought to focus on the operator of the gun...and we will find a "behavior problem."

I own plenty of firearms, as do every friend I have. So do my family members and all of their friends. Guess what? Not one of us has allowed our weapons to shoot anyone, not even on accident. Why not? Because our guns don't have a problem and neither does our behavior.

Take the guns away from a person with a behavior problem, and that person will fill his hand with another weapon...a bomb, a knife, a bat, a 747.

Focus on mental health reform and I do believe we will see a drop in gun related crimes such as the one we just witnessed.

So you think this guy could have killed 26, including 6 adults, with a bat?

Maybe. Children are like baby seals. It works on them. A bat works very well on untrained individuals.

Unless a person has had some form of defense training a bat could be a silent deadly weapon.

• Upvote 2

“If he does nothing during his second term, something like 48,000 Americans will be killed with illegal guns.

I'm sure somebody already pointed this out, but really. How freakin' stupid can these assholes be?

Whatever they legislate, it will have NO FREAKING IMPACT ON ILLEGAL GUNS.

• Upvote 2

Today its senior democrats... tomorrow..??? who knows. Be clear that both sides of the aisle are going to be watching public reaction and therein responding. If a republican had 3/4 of his/her district demanding gun control, it is likely he will vote for such. Especially if he wants to be re-elected.

Its just my opinion, but it seems every day'um time someone has to interject partisan rhetoric into the discussion it dilutes the bottom line critical to the matter at hand. This is a constitutional issue, this is a rights issue, and all that comes after including defense of self and family, defense against a government no longer serving the people etc etc etc. Attaching pejorative terms to an issue so important or having to introduce yet one more jab at a political party, seems to only serve further splintering, isolation and division between people. I personally know many democrats (and good ole real cowboys) who own sizable arsenals that could stand off a small country. Why would we want to splinter them off, or pizz them off, or take shots at them, in name calling with a focus on that...when we all need to stand together and against something so threatening to our fundamental rights and liberties?

There are a lot of people I can't stand, and probably one of my greater prejudices is against ignorant pedantic folk absent a modicum of insight.... HOWEVER, we cannot afford the luxury of splintering off the person we believe to be a moron, in the face of such a critical issue. And at the end of the day, face it, you will be someone else's version of a moron standing next to your version of one, and the vital point is...... we will be standing together.

The more focused we remain, the more surgical the strike against the real issue at hand in this debate....

Just my thoughts, coupled with my hope that we stay the course and focus ourselves upon targeting the real points at issue, in retaining our fundamental rights. ~~

PS why people have to go from 0 to 100 in a reactionary stance absent any thought to unintended consequences is so mind boggling.... There are many miles between owning or restricting the ownership of assault weapons. How about things like regulations if you own them you must keep them in a safe... or you must have a way to secure them from unauthorized use, or .... I dont know off hand, its late and I've been flying... but you get the idea....

Right now we are in such a reactionary mode, no one is using their head and those in the background with an agenda can't wait to pounce on this and use this opportunity of hysterical reaction to force their agenda... Don't play into their hand... stay the course and focus on the real issue and keep brining it back to that.... imo

• Upvote 2

How many people do you think would have died if this guy had just had a bat?

I have no idea how many people he could have killed with a bat...but my point is simply this---anyone who plans and then executes that plan which involves killing (especially killing children) is insane. So does it matter what weapon is used? It isn't the weapon that gives us the problem...it is the one using it, whether it be a gun, a knife or a bat. The killer is insane...so let's figure out how to fix that problem.

• Upvote 2

Please excuse my ineptness Dog. I was trying to make a point about assault weapons and out founding fathers.......nothing more, nothing less. I was simply drawing back on my military service....SPORTS. I don't own an assault weapon.....figured they belonged on the battlefield, not in my closet. My choice, not yours.

GO RV, then BV

I have an AR. It's chambered in 300 blackout. Best pig gun made. It's short and compact, easy to acquire targets with and packs a punch. In my neck of the woods, wild pigs are dangerous and over populated and destructive to crops and pasture land. On top of the obvious benefits of hunting varmints, the gun is a joy to shoot. It has so little kick that my 5 year old shoots it. Does me owning a so called assault rifle make me a killer? Yes, my gun can kill but so can my jeep, my truck etc..... The most used weapon in crimes across America is a baseball bat. Should we blame Louisville Slugger? Should we protest the MLB???? The makers of violent video games, the producers of violent movies and the singers of violent songs are more to blame than the gun! Has anyone stopped to think that once we desensitize Americas youth to violence, they will start to act out that violence?

It amazes me that so many over look the evidence that shows us that the slacking of moral values and the rise in destructive behavior are directly in timing with the removal of prayer and Bibles from school!

• Upvote 3

arming the citizens against our govt if necessary .. we should have equal weapons at least .. you cant put the advantage in the govts court .. thats not what the second amendment is all about .. why not just arm the people with straws and paper wads to defend our freedom against our govt if we should have to defend it .. ya the people

=paperwads .. the govt 50 caliber machine guns . . ya thats intelligent ,, .. even if our govt ditchs their automatic weapons .. we the people will not ditch ours ..we need the advantage not the govt .. just keep your psyco kids away from the guns and ammo ..

joe biden will not be successful .. obama can make all the speechs he wants .. hes a constitutional law professor .. if he doesnt defend the constitution he should be impeached .... same with biden and any other congressional representative that is sworn in under oath to uphold the constitution . they are on shakey ground here ..

impeachment is an option

republicans control the house .. and if the libs try to take away our rights .. the elections will get rid of them ..

the nerve of the democrats calling for gun legislation as our country was in mourning ....because of one psychopathic nut case went on a rampage and killed innocent children ..

• Upvote 1

I have an AR. It's chambered in 300 blackout. Best pig gun made. It's short and compact, easy to acquire targets with and packs a punch. In my neck of the woods, wild pigs are dangerous and over populated and destructive to crops and pasture land. On top of the obvious benefits of hunting varmints, the gun is a joy to shoot. It has so little kick that my 5 year old shoots it. Does me owning a so called assault rifle make me a killer? Yes, my gun can kill but so can my jeep, my truck etc..... The most used weapon in crimes across America is a baseball bat. Should we blame Louisville Slugger? Should we protest the MLB???? The makers of violent video games, the producers of violent movies and the singers of violent songs are more to blame than the gun! Has anyone stopped to think that once we desensitize Americas youth to violence, they will start to act out that violence?

It amazes me that so many over look the evidence that shows us that the slacking of moral values and the rise in destructive behavior are directly in timing with the removal of prayer and Bibles from school!

+1 Stonewall as always the voice of reason. My daddy called it horse sense