Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dear Adam & Administrators

Dinarkicker

Can I make a suggestion, daily I come in and browse the forum. I am seeing a pattern, I understand we pride ourselves on allowing our members express themselves... ok back to what I was saying. We have a large number of peeps, that no matter what is posted they are constantly negative. Other people do the work, analyze the news, and all they do is comment negatively.

Maybe much like the lopsters, let's give them their own room "The Negative Nelly Pen" that way they can't bring down others, and there they can be as negative as they want.

The preceding is meant to point to all the negative people and bashers to knock it off and let's add positively to this site. When this happens we will grow.

Take time to truly read the news and post out there, granted the RV Sunday cash in Tuesday groups will always be there. Forget them and read the news there are a lot of intelligent people in this, and right now a lot of positive news.

DK<<<< stepping off soap box

Ha! Very timely post! I am attempting to compile a reply to a comment by someone relative to how 'pointless' doing exactly what you suggest to do is. That being to "Take time to truly read the news and post out there...". I agree, there are a number of very sharp people that are here at 'vets' and do us a service in bringing it 'over', i.e. Yota.

Thank you for posting your thoughts! I agree! Plus 5+++++

• Upvote 6

Can I make a suggestion, daily I come in and browse the forum. I am seeing a pattern, I understand we pride ourselves on allowing our members express themselves... ok back to what I was saying. We have a large number of peeps, that no matter what is posted they are constantly negative. Other people do the work, analyze the news, and all they do is comment negatively.

Maybe much like the lopsters, let's give them their own room "The Negative Nelly Pen" that way they can't bring down others, and there they can be as negative as they want.

The preceding is meant to point to all the negative people and bashers to knock it off and let's add positively to this site. When this happens we will grow.

Take time to truly read the news and post out there, granted the RV Sunday cash in Tuesday groups will always be there. Forget them and read the news there are a lot of intelligent people in this, and right now a lot of positive news.

Ladydk just told me, maybe when the negative people post negatively they should be required to start a thread posting positive info

Just a thought

im grasping your concept, but im not sure dv would be the site it is now. obviously, those who bash, should be checked and moderator. those who see deleting three zeroes as a lop, and constantly talk about it, are already segregated from the community.

exactly how can someone moderate an opposing, differing view from, any one persons vision of being negative? Because in your example you say, some do all the work, and then analyze it, while others basically disagree.

maybe the solution, would be to start a new titled forum, and accept only the positive fan club members, but make them have ten positive moderator posts, before they have free run in positive-ville.

Im not a fan of sensoring anyone....other than those who name call. you have the right to not read a post, just as much as someone does to post it. if everyone around here is going to be saying the same thing, its more of a special fan group, than an open forum

• Upvote 4

Sometimes it seems like this forum isn't really about the Dinar at all, but it's about sustaining relationships that have developed over the years.

There is a story about an Alcoholics Anonymous group that was so successful everyone beat their addiction. But they were so upset that they would no longer be spending time together that they all started drinking again so they could keep meeting and supporting each other again.

• Upvote 3

Sometimes it seems like this forum isn't really about the Dinar at all, but it's about sustaining relationships that have developed over the years.

There is a story about an Alcoholics Anonymous group that was so successful everyone beat their addiction. But they were so upset that they would no longer be spending time together that they all started drinking again so they could keep meeting and supporting each other again.

over the course of years relationships do develop because we are human beings is that a problem? should we all be robots and have no feelings? many come here for the dinar including myself to have hope for something that could change all of our lives and better others and help them out, Is that so wrong? we come here for news, and what people think for me it matters not one way or another because i have remained the same for 3 years now.. and will continue till something happens. I dont believe everything that comes out in the news because lets face it Iraq is a very corrupt country but i do believe NOT all of it is lies. The only thing we can do is wait it out to see what happens.. ive been here for a while and seen many come and go. Problem is the people that so called have all the facts run their mouth acting as if they know exactly what will transpire which is comical to me but to eaches their own. It does boggle my mind that a person that holds dinar(lopster) would stick around to discuss a country they care nothing about that more than likely has sold off anyways to keep coming back. Now what reason would that be? they want to be right soooo bad and cant stand the fact that people will NOT give up hope because at the end of the day thats all we got.

We have the VIP group, that has a private area. we have a lopster tank to throw the lop talkers in. do we really need to shut different opinions down? Im all in favor of a new private group for those who have become friends and see things the exact same way.

nope i agree we dont need that so they belong right where they need to bebiggrin.gif

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 6

If those who bring their hard work and analysis dont want to be under any sort of public opinion, there are many ways of technology to only sent their info to those who want it or need it.

Agreed they could but there are those who always seem to be negative no matter how good the news is, or how well its explained, they give this site bad mojo. I for one am tired of seeing negitive crap and if people would read the TOS, it pretty clear on it.

Overall Community Attitude

•Keep in mind that DinarVets is a family, and a community.

•Our purpose is to share, help and support others.

•Always display a positive, friendly attitude.

•Be respectful of others' opinions.

•Allow your fellow members to voice their opinions.

•DO NOT deliberately start arguments. Debates are great, as long as they remain respectful!

•Always try to "give" back to our community. For each time you find help or answers here at DinarVets, try to help someone else out in return. You may find that what goes around comes around...

•Give people a little time to respond to your requests. There's a lot going on in these forums and it may take a little time for people to notice and respond to your request. Please be patient.

•DO NOT just make a negative statement and leave the person hanging out to dry. Although you may consider yourself to be an "expert" now, try to remember that we were all new and learning once upon a time. Take it easy on your fellow members!

•Do NOT make threats or implied threats towards other members -- even if you think it's fun.

DK

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Some people ARE contrarian by nature, but fact that there is a need for some to also play "devil's advocate" is indisputable. I believe that open discussion is necessary in order to find what little truth there is out there, and it is this openess here at DV that sets it apart from all of the other "agree-with-the-authorities-of-the-site-or-get-banned" places that most of us are refugees from.

I understand the frustration, but the few that remain so argumentative are gently scorned by the membership, and most of them go away after a while.

• Upvote 4

Ladydk just told me, maybe when the negative people post negatively they should be required to start a thread posting positive info

Just a thought

After reading this I remembered what my mother use to tell me

"IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY THAN SHUT UP & DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL, BECAUSE NO WANTS TO HEARD WHAT IS COMING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH."

Now if that was added as a rule to making comments in the forum it might help cut down on those Negative Nellie's & bashers.

• Upvote 2

We have the VIP group, that has a private area. we have a lopster tank to throw the lop talkers in. do we really need to shut different opinions down? Im all in favor of a new private group for those who have become friends and see things the exact same way.

Holy Cow I guess we missed the part where I said

"The preceding is meant to point to all the negative people and bashers to knock it off and let's add positively to this site. When this happens we will grow."

Its hard enough babysitting what rooms we have now,

DK

• Upvote 1

im grasping your concept, but im not sure dv would be the site it is now. obviously, those who bash, should be checked and moderator. those who see deleting three zeroes as a lop, and constantly talk about it, are already segregated from the community.

exactly how can someone moderate an opposing, differing view from, any one persons vision of being negative? Because in your example you say, some do all the work, and then analyze it, while others basically disagree.

maybe the solution, would be to start a new titled forum, and accept only the positive fan club members, but make them have ten positive moderator posts, before they have free run in positive-ville.

Im not a fan of sensoring anyone....other than those who name call. you have the right to not read a post, just as much as someone does to post it. if everyone around here is going to be saying the same thing, its more of a special fan group, than an open forum

I think you may have missed the point. I am glad that this subject has been brought up. Bondlady, who does not post here anymore because of the treatment she received, just had someone bring over he latest chat. YES, it was long and involved, but she validated her opinions with articles and showed how they were connected. Go back to the post and read the first two comments..........something like" boring and long" was the first and then some stupid remark about having it in Cliff Notes. If it is too long don;t read it......if you are lazy and don't want to learn, then don't read it. But to make comments like those, is moronic. People spend a lot of time bringing us info and they get negged for it. We have lost a lot of good people who's opinions I respected because of comments like this and worse. If you do not have something worthwhile to add, pro or con, then shut the h**l up

• Upvote 5

Bondlady, who does not post here anymore because of the treatment she received

If someone can't handle valid and constructive criticism of their statements, then they shouldn't make them in a public forum. As someone else said, there are plenty of ways that you can digitally voice your opinion while shielding yourself from any kind of criticism. A forum isn't, and shouldn't be, one of them.

• Upvote 1

OK, one more try.....

"If you do not have something worthwhile to add, pro or con, then shut the h**l up"

To some of the members who stop by occasionally to just skim through posts looking for major news only, and given that many of the headlines are misleading or sensationalized, the summary of "boring and long" MAY be of benefit to them. Please realize that the freedom you are granted here is the reason that you are still here, and that it applies to ALL of you.

• Upvote 2

If someone can't handle valid and constructive criticism of their statements, then they shouldn't make them in a public forum. As someone else said, there are plenty of ways that you can digitally voice your opinion while shielding yourself from any kind of criticism. A forum isn't, and shouldn't be, one of them.

the problem is, that the negative post are not constructive, from what I see its just an attempt on some part to be a cyber bully. I have yet to see a negative comment followed by a rebutle of why they posted the negative comment

• Upvote 2

I don't think these type of comments are constructive or valid, just ignorant.

OK, one more try.....

"If you do not have something worthwhile to add, pro or con, then shut the h**l up"

To some of the members who stop by occasionally to just skim through posts looking for major news only, and given that many of the headlines are misleading or sensationalized, the summary of "boring and long" MAY be of benefit to them. Please realize that the freedom you are granted here is the reason that you are still here, and that it applies to ALL of you.

So if I understand what you are saying is that these fly thru readers go to the comments first, and do not bother to read the article?

Agreed they could but there are those who always seem to be negative no matter how good the news is, or how well its explained, they give this site bad mojo. I for one am tired of seeing negitive crap and if people would read the TOS, it pretty clear on it.

Overall Community Attitude

•Keep in mind that DinarVets is a family, and a community.

•Our purpose is to share, help and support others.

•Always display a positive, friendly attitude.

•Be respectful of others' opinions.

•Allow your fellow members to voice their opinions.

•DO NOT deliberately start arguments. Debates are great, as long as they remain respectful!

•Always try to "give" back to our community. For each time you find help or answers here at DinarVets, try to help someone else out in return. You may find that what goes around comes around...

•Give people a little time to respond to your requests. There's a lot going on in these forums and it may take a little time for people to notice and respond to your request. Please be patient.

•DO NOT just make a negative statement and leave the person hanging out to dry. Although you may consider yourself to be an "expert" now, try to remember that we were all new and learning once upon a time. Take it easy on your fellow members!

•Do NOT make threats or implied threats towards other members -- even if you think it's fun.

DK

I totally understand your reasons for the request. It becomes, what pretext does dv draw the line for moderation?

Where along the continuum does a post become negative? What if I reply to a post saying it is going to RV by Christmas by saying no, I think it will be in 2014? Is that a negative post? What disagreement is o.k. and what is not? If you say, "No Negative Posts!," then you are going to have to clearly define negative.

You know thats not what I am saying, what you did follow it up with you felt 2014 (using your example) the stuff I am talking about is the name calling I see, and crap like that

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2