Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

LAST CHANCE! To Take Obama OUT!

DinarMillionaire

We must put pressure on the Republican State Governors to delay the Electoral College vote.

The election took place more than a month ago but tens of thousands of military ballots have not been counted to this day.

Please contact every GOP Governor right away. Tell them to delay the Electoral College vote until each and every ballot cast by a military member is counted!

There are more than enough military ballots - UNCOUNTED military ballots - still out there to change the outcome of the election in some swing states.

The Democrat Party and the Obama administration have done everything in their power to stop our soldiers from voting.

Until every military ballot is counted, we will not be able to recognize this as a legitimate election.

Tell the Republican Governors to delay the casting of their states' electoral votes until all of the military ballots have been counted.

More than half of the federally mandated military voting stations were not set up in time for the election. This was done intentionally to make it harder for our military members to vote.

The Obama administration intentionally gave the military misleading information, to ensure that absentee ballots were mailed back late.

Absentee ballots were even sent to the military too late, meaning they couldn't possibly be mailed back in time.

This is a gross miscarriage of justice.

It was done to our military intentionally.

Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. knows that the military doesn't want him to be in charge.

That is why he has done everything he possibly can to make sure their votes don't count.

But the State Governors have the power to delay the vote in their states. They can each delay the casting of electoral votes until the ballot of every soldier, sailor, airman and marine is counted.

Make a call to the Republican Governors today. Demand that they delay the Electoral Vote!

We don't have much time left before the Electoral Vote takes place. It is scheduled for December 17th!

Please make your calls today.

If the link does not work, copy and paste this full URL in your browser window:

https://grassroots.cc/14015_121211_P4US_RS_RMCPAC_Stop_Electoral_Vote

• Upvote 19
  • Downvote 2

Great post DM. The Electoral College vote is an antiquated process and should be stricken from our Constitution. It no longer applies in the way American's vote, currently. I have read about the topic. Every vote counts no matter where an American voter resides.

Thank you for posting and bringing awareness to our flawed Constitution.

• Upvote 4

The popular vote and electoral vote don't have to line up..... George W Bush is our last example of such. He lost the popular vote but won the electoral vote and was sworn in as president....

Given the mechanics of our electoral process, I'm not sure how you are suggesting this will change anything

(unless maybe you think the numbers of outstanding are sufficient enough to change the electoral... Granted they are some large numbers, but I dont think they are statistically significant to the point of changing the electoral)...

I guess I am saying that I don't know that the exercise of doing this, and without impacting the final result, while maybe an important gesture, would outweigh the risk of not having a seated and confirmed president over the United States, and may instead have further negative impact on the economic meltdown relative to world confidence in the US and our ability to run our country....

Just putting it out there for thought... biggrin.gif

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

The popular vote and electoral vote don't have to line up..... George W Bush is our last example of such. He lost the popular vote but won the electoral vote and was sworn in as president....

Given the mechanics of our electoral process, I'm not sure how you are suggesting this will change anything

(unless maybe you think the numbers of outstanding are sufficient enough to change the electoral... Granted they are some large numbers, but I dont think they are statistically significant to the point of changing the electoral)...

I guess I am saying that I don't know that the exercise of doing this, and without impacting the final result, while maybe an important gesture, would outweigh the risk of not having a seated and confirmed president over the United States, and may instead have further negative impact on the economic meltdown relative to world confidence in the US and our ability to run our country....

I don't think anything could hurt the economy worse than what has happen to this country in the past four years.

The worlds confidence in the USA?

Who gives a rats trap about the worlds confidence in the USA?

We're willing to leave the votes uncounted so we can keep our affirmative action superstar in the whitehouse.

How much confidence do you think the world has in us anyway?

• Upvote 4

Another thought--seems to me that, if we allow our constitution to be changed in any way whatsoever in these trying times, it would open the door to further changes, and might result in Obama re-writing the constitution in a number of other ways. I don't know how you guys feel about it, but the last thing I want is Obama re-writing the American constitution. Somehow, no matter what he, himself, thinks, I simply cannot make the leap to believe that Obama knows more than our forefathers. I just can't get there on this one.

• Upvote 3

The fact that states dictate the outcome of an election due to the Electoral College vote is wrong. Popular vote should rule in our fine country. I disagree with our Constitution with regards to voting and other matters.

I also think that the lack of term limits with regard to our Supreme Court Justices should change. No humane should be seated on our highest court indefinitely without the vote of American taxpayers. The appointed crap in DC has to stop.

• Upvote 1

Ive spoken with some congressmen. One is a congresswoman whom I know.

I was told, if their office receives a mere TWENTY-FIVE calls on one issue in one day....they definitely take note and actually pay attention and may even try to do something.

Unless their coffers are filled with money from lobbyists and donors....then it's about useless. BUT...if everyone called. If everyone who agreed with this called their reps...perhaps there would be some looking into this and more importantly, something done about it. Good luck!

• Upvote 3

I for one would like to know the impact of these votes would of made if they were counted.

We won't know if we don't try, now will we. wink.gif

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

556702_472319039486603_1181044276_n.jpg

If the votes were counted from our Service Men and Women and it was not tilted to our POTUS, but the other way.....I think it would be a popularity vote that DC could not stomach

Edited by littlefeet
  • Upvote 3

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

556702_472319039486603_1181044276_n.jpg

If the votes were counted from our Service Men and Women and it was not tilted to our POTUS, but the other way.....I think it would be a popularity vote that DC could not stomach

There is no way that we will ever know how many votes have been left uncounted, as DM and Patty eluded to. Our Military votes absentee when given the opportunity, as I understand. In any event our election process is a failure, IMO.

Good to see you LF. I hope you and the wife are fairing well. Peace to both of you!

• Upvote 2

I may be mistaken but the example you give with George W. Bush is the only time the results have ever worked out like that (winning the electoral but not the popular vote).

I may be mistaken but the example you give with George W. Bush is the only time the results have ever worked out like that (winning the electoral but not the popular vote).

I think its happened 3 times.... as I remember twice in the late 1800's and the last time, more recently with President Bush.

I also am farily sure that the numbers outstanding would not be statistically significant to the point of changing the electoral college, which is what this country... based upon principles of being a republic versus a full on democracy, counts in our voting process.....

Sometimes I almost wonder if people forget we are a Republic, or what that means in terms of impact on our processes as a country....

• Upvote 4

The fact that states dictate the outcome of an election due to the Electoral College vote is wrong. Popular vote should rule in our fine country. I disagree with our Constitution with regards to voting and other matters.

Please, I'm begging you, please watch at least the first 5 minutes and 3 seconds of this video:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RWoEVM9gkpY

I think its happened 3 times.... as I remember twice in the late 1800's and the last time, more recently with President Bush.

I also am farily sure that the numbers outstanding would not be statistically significant to the point of changing the electoral college, which is what this country... based upon principles of being a republic versus a full on democracy, counts in our voting process.....

Sometimes I almost wonder if people forget we are a Republic, or what that means in terms of impact on our processes as a country....

Well said my friend.

WW.

• Upvote 4

I just sent an E-mail to our Governor stating that every Vote must be counted before results are announced.

I do believe every vote must be counted in every election. But that is not why I sent the e-mail.

I did not send the e-mail as a last ditch effort to remove Obama from office. ( Because I don't believe it will work )

I took the time to send the e-mail because you folks are getting involved. ( Gives me hope for the USA )

All of us must stay involved and engage the Government

All of us Republicans,Democrats,Independents must help babysit Washington DC

OrDinarE if you disagree with the reason people are sending their e-mails

then take the time to send your own e-mail saying disregard them they are nuts.

We need to quit letting special interest groups speak for us. Speak for yourself.

Let history show that Dec.21,2012 was not the day the world ended.

But the day the American people found their voice and took control of our Government

A threshold of only 25 is what it takes to get a congressman's attention tells me that they do not

hear from WE The People at all

Engage people become an Army of one

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

• Upvote 1

just me thinking ----- instead of trying to go backward ,,, how about start now--- tomorrow ,,, go out FIND A DANG candidate that isn`t a guy who isn`t going to speak out on hidden camera say something goofy, the last one might have been o-k, but look i thought he was going to be a Y E S man for the wrong people ,, the ones holding the big big money ,,, this is o bama`s last 4 ,,, don`t worry about how to get him out now ,,some of those folks tried last four years and just lost 4 years of their life dwindleing on a birth certificate ,,,, don`t waste 4 more years trying to boot out someone who is going out in 4 anyway ,,, start looking for candiates that are going to do WELL IN OFFICE just me thinking -------- please don`t take this as a knock on any one , it isn`t , it is that i hate to see folks stuck on one point and might be better off looking ahead , and not behind ------ sorry if this offends folks

• Upvote 2

Another thought--seems to me that, if we allow our constitution to be changed in any way whatsoever in these trying times, it would open the door to further changes, and might result in Obama re-writing the constitution in a number of other ways. I don't know how you guys feel about it, but the last thing I want is Obama re-writing the American constitution. Somehow, no matter what he, himself, thinks, I simply cannot make the leap to believe that Obama knows more than our forefathers. I just can't get there on this one.

The President can't change the constitution.

See Article V of the constitution

With regard to the actual premise of the post; as I think has been fairly well pointed out here already, if the States did decide to suspend the EC vote, they would actually be in breach of the constitution, specifically Article 1 section 10 which basically says that no states may enter into compacts with other states (without the consent of congress).

They would also be in violation of their own state's laws.

I think Judson Phillips first proposed this idea back in late November. In a remarkable turn of events, even WND (World Nutjob Daily) who "reported" Phillips' proposal initially, posted a notice on the initial article stating that Judson was completely wrong. It would appear they have now removed the article entirely.

With regard to uncounted votes, I believe the article stated "tens of thousands". If this is true, how would it affect either the EC system, or the popular vote?

As Rayzur said, the numbers just aren't there to change the result.

Obama won the popular vote by around 3 million votes.

Obama won the EC vote by 126. That means there would need to be a 64 vote turnaround to change the election.

That would mean taking nearly all of the battleground states from Obama and giving them to Romney.

Maybe the missing votes could swing Florida, but that would be the only state. The margins were too big everywhere else.

Funniest result of the election. Romney finished with 47% of the vote.

Edited by tigerstripes
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I just sent an E-mail to our Governor stating that every Vote must be counted before results are announced.

I do believe every vote must be counted in every election. But that is not why I sent the e-mail.

I did not send the e-mail as a last ditch effort to remove Obama from office. ( Because I don't believe it will work )

I took the time to send the e-mail because you folks are getting involved. ( Gives me hope for the USA )

All of us must stay involved and engage the Government

All of us Republicans,Democrats,Independents must help babysit Washington DC

OrDinarE if you disagree with the reason people are sending their e-mails

then take the time to send your own e-mail saying disregard them they are nuts.

We need to quit letting special interest groups speak for us. Speak for yourself.

Let history show that Dec.21,2012 was not the day the world ended.

But the day the American people found their voice and took control of our Government

A threshold of only 25 is what it takes to get a congressman's attention tells me that they do not

hear from WE The People at all

Engage people become an Army of one

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

Good advice! I think anyone who has read what I've written here in the last couple of years would know that I have a voice, and I will vote. I speak up to current representatives, keeping them apprised of my wishes on important issues, I listen and I read to keep up on the views of those who represent me in public office, and I vote--every time. Granted, we can't rely on mainstream media for much, but the news is out there, if we will make it our business to know what is happening and what our representatives say about it.

• Upvote 1

just me thinking ----- instead of trying to go backward ,,, how about start now--- tomorrow ,,, go out FIND A DANG candidate that isn`t a guy who isn`t going to speak out on hidden camera say something goofy, the last one might have been o-k, but look i thought he was going to be a Y E S man for the wrong people ,, the ones holding the big big money ,,, this is o bama`s last 4 ,,, don`t worry about how to get him out now ,,some of those folks tried last four years and just lost 4 years of their life dwindleing on a birth certificate ,,,, don`t waste 4 more years trying to boot out someone who is going out in 4 anyway ,,, start looking for candiates that are going to do WELL IN OFFICE just me thinking -------- please don`t take this as a knock on any one , it isn`t , it is that i hate to see folks stuck on one point and might be better off looking ahead , and not behind ------ sorry if this offends folks

He will want another 4 years when this 4 years is up!!

Our constitution should be amended with regards to voting and how our votes are counted under the electoral college system. Our current election process is rubbish and antiquated. Amendments to our Constitution have been ratified in the past. There is no reason why WE/ voters can't change our constitution. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.