Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How Prepped Are You?

krome2ez

d`ohhhhh :o/> 1 too 2 months before i turn into a zombieeeeee :P/>

Your a prepper, I'm a prepper... don't ya'll wanna be a prepper too??? (sung to the old Dr. Pepper tune )...sorry Krome, I couldn't resist.. it's the weekend and I'm gettin silly again!!! rolleyes.gif

uh-ohhhhh rod and staff already a zombeeeeeee :blink:/>

Edited by jeepguy
  • Upvote 1

d`ohhhhh ohmy.gif/> 1 too 2 months before i turn into a zombieeeeee tongue.gif/>

uh-ohhhhh rod and staff already a zombeeeeeee blink.gif/>

Yes... according to the test... I'm a goner in 2-4 weeks... if I stay here. However... post RV I'm hoping to improve my odds a bit by getting out of Dodge and in the country once again, that, and doing some more stock piling. As for changing my deranged mind by not singing outdated tunes in my head... NEVER!!! emot-LMAO.gif

• Upvote 2

So I was a gun show and during my initial recon of the place I noticed more than a few vendors with pallets upon pallets of ammo in cases of either 500 or 1000 rounds... The place opened at 9am.... and before noon... noon... there was not one case of 223 or 5.56 to be found anywhere in the place. One guy was accepting orders for delivery to your residence and by 1:30 pm was back-ordered out about a month to 5 weeks.... By 3:30 pm all of the 100+ handguns per vendor carrying them were sold..... with pretty much the higher end .45 for over a $1000.00 being the remaining few left... at azz kicking prices that no one should pay... and there was no room for deal making on the price... They didn't have to... And this is in what many would consider the most "liberal"state in the US. I've never seen anything quite like this... At least half the vendors aren't even coming back tomorrow (2 day show) as they have no remaining inventory.

Anyone thinking that people probably aren't really into the defense side of prepping... Think twice... There were people taking Barretts off the shelf buying them right then and there... (5-6K).... And granted lots of folks have their eye on that special post-RV dream gun. In the meantime, I would suggest buying at least a used something to have on hand (e.g., 12ga) or cozy up to a buddy who has prepped in this way, and figure out what help they might bring to the party in return for all the food and water you will bring... (maybe the topic of a differen thread)...

And I don't care what anyone says, that Baretta Storm .40 is one frickin sexy piece of art, great ergonomics and nice lines... and oh so inexpensive to hang on that tree... biggrin.gif

• Upvote 3

***///

12-16 months in TampaBay...

shorter when the 'societal free-loader indigents' from St. Pete or E. Tampa or

any one of the 15 gangs in W.Tampa invade us, though. :angry:

GOTTA BUG OUTTA HERE!

But if we're in 'OlSarge's retired "silo" up North, much, much longer. ;)

At 'OlSarge's fish camp in Panama - forever. :D

(if we can evade the commie Chinese there that long)...

PREP ON! :salute:

• Upvote 1

Great Quiz!!! I would last 2 months due to no way of heating - maybe less if unable to protect from intruders - I could probably last much longer than that if left alone - but we all know that is unlikely - Those that don't have are going to be looking for those that do have - This is where the score is critical and can go from 60 to 0 in a matter of minutes --

If you can not protect what you have your chances of survival are very slim past a week or more - Just because your supplies are taken away from you - I realize this is a weak area for me and something I will work on

It is tough at best to store enough fuel for a long term crisis - it really takes some very well planning and some ingenuity to have supplies and resources "ON HAND"to sustain and maintain survival for more than a couple months - The winter months would be the hardest in my opinion - I could tolerate the heat much easier - of course may not be given that choice -

The quiz brought a lot of important areas to my attention - I do not have a generator but at this time storing fuel is a concern - For a female I am better prepared than my brothers - who don't even "think" about such a thing -

Post RV I do plan to buy land and have an under ground shelter -- I think the quick install concrete shelters are a very affordable option that is quick -

I do think it is a very good idea to work diligently at forming some kind of small community of preppers - There is strength in numbers - where I may be weak in the fighting and protecting I am excellent at organizing - food prep - first aid - etc -- I am good at make do and finding resources etc - and I am healthy , strong, and do not eat much -- lol

I have the 100 things to have on hand - bug out bag ready to go - and lots of supplies on hand - What concerns me though is that everything is sooo critical and being weak in just one area may be the very one that is challenged - For instance - the folks that were victims of Sandy - what good would any supplies do them? They were all lost - I am more prepared for survival at my home location - Leaving or not being able to get to it puts me in a very vulnerable position - Having a bug out location is wonderful -- if you can get to it -

I guess that is where I exercise faith and trust and do my best and know that my fate is in the hands of Destiny - What is meant to be will be - I will continue to prep as I can - which will definitely be pluses in any scenario -

Thanks again for the great post and those who have contributed their thoughts and ideas - I have lots and lots of documents and links that I hope to get into a hard copy - will not be of any use if it can not be accessible - I would suggest those who have good links to info to get the info in document form now and print soon - "What have you done today to prepare"?

I just realized I'm not ready. I was taking the quiz yesterday when error 403 took me out. biggrin.gif

i don't know how to upload a video on the forum, but the follwong is pretty scary.

http://video.search....&sigb=16hbqhc3q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6SmRz3y4ps

... there ya go Butifldrmwink.gif Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 1