Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

PEARL HARBOR

SgtFuryUSCZ

I've been there and seen the memorial, it's really sad being that close to the brave folks who gave all for us to live on. Most places like this are noisy because of crowds, this one was crowded but very quiet. If anyone has the chance to see it I'd highly recommend it if you haven't. Thanks for the post my friends.

• Upvote 3

The Infamy Speech was delivered at 12:30 p.m. on December 8, 1941, by United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt, one day after the Empire of Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor Naval Base, Hawaii. The name derives from the first line of the speech: Roosevelt describing the previous day as "a date which will live in infamy".

Within an hour of the speech, Congress passed a formal declaration of war against Japan and officially brought the U.S. into World War II. The address is regarded as one of the most famous American political speeches of the 20th century,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0PW1Jhuu2Q

• Upvote 2

I couldn't agree more.....pray for the fallen, pray for America.

Missed you gals. Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one.

uss-arizona-memorial-lg.jpg

I second your thoughts on this......a very powerful experience for me when I visited.......The WWII men and women were truely the "Greatest Generation"...... I fear that todays generation will never really have a real appreciation for what they did for each and every one of us.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I had the honor today of participating in a flag raising ceremony today honoring our veterans. It was my privilege to accept a flag donated to our town that will be flown in their honor. Quite a humbling experience to realize that my (our) freedoms come from those who have fought for it through the years.

• Upvote 1

My father served in WW11.

I look up to him with such respect and pride. My dad, he carries the heart of proud American.

These fallen, will never be forgotten, these men and women who gave their lives for our county, for our freedom... will always be my hero's.

Mine too and I miss him very much Pattyangel. :)

• Upvote 1