Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

USDA could approve GMO agent orange resistant corn!

Ana

• If you don't sign this petition, get ready to tell your grandkids some really good reason why not. Can't think of one...

• 526772_388462137906897_1568017037_n.jpg
  • Sign the petition to stop #AgentOrange #GMOs: Within a week, the #USDA could approve #Dow’s new “Enlist” brand #corn, genetically engineered to resist massive doses of the herbicide 2,4-D
  • http://tiny.cc/uoaxow
    • time sensitive Dec 11 ~ Please take action today!

Please take action today! Petitions will be delivered on December 11!*

• Upvote 3

Why should I be worried about this? I don't get it.......I think I want my corn to be resistant of everything, except grinding, popping and roasting. blink.gif

GO RV, then BV

Why would they make it resistant if they weren't planning on using it? Agent Orange!!!!! TOXIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Follow the $$

I suggest you do some research on the effects of GMOs to the body & other crops

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why worry? Hey, the corn will be fine for grinding, popping and roasting to feed to the defective children and grandchildren that survive. They can reach right into a bowl of popcorn with their flipper and cram it into their ill-formed mouth on the side of their deformed head.

Don't forget the butter. uummmm. <_<

"2,4-D is a chlorophenoxy herbicide, and scientists around the world have reported increased cancer risks in association with its use, especially for soft tissue sarcoma and malignant lymphoma. Four separate studies in the United States reported an association with chlorophenoxy herbicide use and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

… Research by the EPA found that babies born in counties with high rates of 2,4-D application to farm fields were significantly more likely to be born with birth defects of the respiratory and circulatory systems, as well as defects of the musculoskeletal system like clubfoot, fused digits and extra digits. These birth defects were 60% to 90% more likely in counties with higher 2,4-D application rates. The results also showed a higher likelihood of birth defects in babies conceived in the spring, when herbicide application rates peak."

Edited by DinarMillionaire
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

No Comment. I need to research this a bit more before I open my mouth to insert foot. Agent orange is used as a de-folage agent. We have no jungles here so what do we need to de-folage hahahaa . Most weed worth anything now a days is grown in hot houses so its not pot. hmmmmm (to be continued) smile.gif

Monsantos-Genetically-Modified-Foods.jpg

hahahaha good one snot. cute little zombies they are.

• Upvote 1

Ahhhh now I see . Normal weed killers are no longer working . Our weeds have evolved. So lets make a super corn that can withstand agent orange so we can kill the weeds and we will all make BIG MONEY again. Of course there will be alot of three headed babys born as a result. But hey like I said BIG MONEY. Not for us of course but for the chem companies who`s making it.

Got it

WTF

You may not have heard of Monsanto, but you've certainly consumed their products. They are a multinational agricultural biotech giant, and the world's largest producer of genetically engineered seeds. They are responsible for things like Bovine Growth Hormone, aspartame, and terminator seed technology (which renders seeds sterile to prevent them from being reused or saved for next year's crop). Monsanto is notorious for it's aggressive and heavy handed business tactics, questionable ethics, and - here's the best part - they are deeply entrenched in our political system, having spent $2 million on lobbying in the first quarter of 2009.

One major factor in their success is the fact that nearly all of us consume Monsanto products every day, without even knowing it.

For example... about half of our sugar supply comes from sugar beets. Monsanto introduced their genetically engineered Roundup-Ready Sugar Beets to the market last year, and this year, their beets will comprise over 90% of the US sugar beet harvest.

If you're concerned about the safety or long-term effects of genetically modified organisms, you should substitute conventional sugar with organic sugar, honey or evaporated cane juice wherever possible.

One of Monsanto's key products is Roundup - the #1 weed killer in the US. Monsanto has a whole line of products -including corn, soy & sugar beets - that they have genetically modified to be resistant to the toxins in their Roundup herbicide.

Recently, new superweeds have emerged that have absorbed the roundup resistant gene. This result is just one of the many concerns independent scientists have about genetically modified products (GMO), and is powerful evidence of the unintended and unknown consequences of introducing man-made and unnatural elements into seeds.

HOW TO AVOID GMO FOODS:

1. Look at the stickers on fruit - there is a PLU code with either 4 or 5 numbers. If your fruit's label has 4 numbers, it is conventionally grown. 5 numbers starting with a 9 means it was organically grown, and 5 numbers starting with an 8 means GMO.

2. Buy local & talk to your farmers - this is the best way to ensure you're eating real foods. It's estimated that up to 85% of pre-packaged and processed foods contain GMOs, so buying fresh from the farm is a great way to avoid that.

3. Avoid the Top Four GMO Crops of Soy, Corn, Canola and Cottonseed - most blended oils in North America contain canola and cottonseed. Replacing these with 100% extra virgin olive oil is a safe alternative.

4. Encourage your favorite food providers to label their food GMO-free. We don't need the government to force companies to label their foods, and we're seeing more and more that we as consumers have tremendous power, and if enough of us ask for GMO-free labels, and support the companies that use them, we'll see a huge increase in labeling. And we're already starting to see this.

Get to know the companies that are labeling their foods GMO-free.

5. Buy Organically Grown Food - For now, the organic certification process is a relatively safe bet to ensure your food is free of GMOs, although this may not be the case in the future. Help support global sustainability by purchasing certified organically grown food.

6. Conventional Sugar - Over 90% of this year's sugar beet harvest will be Monsanto's GM Roundup-Ready Sugar Beet. That means if you are using sugar, or eating anything with sugar in it, you're eating GMOs. Alternatives to sugar are listed here.

7. Grow your own food - Plant a garden using heirloom seeds!

• Upvote 6