Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ki-moon: My visit to Baghdad to resolve the outstanding issues between Iraq and Kuwait

yota691

Ki-moon: My visit to Baghdad to resolve the outstanding issues between Iraq and Kuwait

Friday, December 7, 2012 - 13:21

s10201117123042.jpg

Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon

Riyadh (a. U. A)

The Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon, that his official visit to Iraq aimed at urging the Iraqi government and encourage them to speed up the closure of all outstanding issues with Kuwait so that the two countries starting bilateral relations to wider horizons and welcome. said Ki-moon told the "island", on the sidelines of his visit to Iraq carried out yesterday, it does make special efforts to improve relations Kuwaiti - Iraqi and go to the end the rest of the commitments that Iraq must implement in accordance with Security Council resolutions relevant. added, that "research with Iraqi officials the progress in the situation in Iraq, and a number of regional issues in the forefront of the Syrian crisis, calling the Iraqi government to "accelerate overcome differences with Kuwait, and the launch of friendship strong between the leaders of the two countries." The Secretary-General of the United Nations has today an official visit to Baghdad to discuss outstanding issues between Iraq and Kuwait, in preparation for output Baghdad fallout from Chapter VII , comes ahead of the upcoming visit of Prime Minister of Kuwait Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Sabah to Iraq next week. The Secretary-General of the United Nations optimism choose the language of dialogue and peace to solve the problems and differences and conditions were Syrian refugees in Iraq of interest meeting. For his part, Iraqi President Jalal Talabani that the refugees Syrians in their second Iraq are well-treated and with appreciation and pride, stressing that Iraq will spare no effort in order to care for them and help them. http://www.youm7.com//News.asp?NewsID=869253

• Upvote 2

The article translates that Ban Ki Moon thinks there is still work to be done but I'm not so sure that is the case. Multiple articles over the last few weeks have clearly stated that both Iraq and Kuwait agree that ALL terms have been met. I would love to see an article written by a western news agency that states what Moon is saying instead of leaving it up to a computer program translation. I'm hoping that what Moon is alluding to is the fact that the conditions have been met and the "work that needs to be done" is the ability for the two countries to maintain their friendly ties going forward. The one thing that makes me believe this is the case is the fact that these articles are very vague in what Moon feels isn't done yet. In the past articles have mentionned specific issues, border markers, Kuwait Airlines, returning of archives, monetary compensation, etc. This article mentions none of that. The requirements needed to be removed from Ch 7 are very clear and specific. This article makes it look like moon is saying, "YOU TWO DON'T LOVE EACH OTHER ENOUGH YET, KEEP WORKING AT IT."

Everything needed to be done appears to be done. IMO this is either a bad translation or Moon stalling because, for whatever reason, the timing isn't right to make it seem otherwise.

• Upvote 2

From what I have read from other sites, I think they now want Baghdad and Erbil fixed before they release Chapter 7.. Not sure that was part of the deal, but seems like they can put pressure on mr M to get that done, which I think is a good move on part of the UN.. This is just my :twocents:src="http://dinarvets.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/TwoCents.gif"> . Now let see an RV !!

• Upvote 1

From what I have read from other sites, I think they now want Baghdad and Erbil fixed before they release Chapter 7.. Not sure that was part of the deal, but seems like they can put pressure on mr M to get that done, which I think is a good move on part of the UN.. This is just my :twocents:src="http://dinarvets.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/TwoCents.gif"> . Now let see an RV !!

Moon definitely has made it a point to cite the situation between the Kurds and the GOI; it would be nice to turn this into a Chapter 7 release/HCl combo package, wouldn't it?

• Upvote 1

From what I have read from other sites, I think they now want Baghdad and Erbil fixed before they release Chapter 7.. Not sure that was part of the deal, but seems like they can put pressure on mr M to get that done, which I think is a good move on part of the UN..

Don't need other sites for that info, Adam has been saying that from the first time I visited DV! That's why I have put a lot of faith in Adam for over a year and a half.

• Upvote 2