Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Using Ecstasy to Treat PTSD?

krome2ez

If you suffer, or know someone who does,

i hope this helps you find help.

Using Ecstasy to Treat PTSD?

Week of December 03, 2012

Stars and Stripes reports that a new study suggests that MDMA -- the pure form of the drug ecstasy -- may be effective in easing the most treatment-resistant post-traumatic stress, when coupled with psychotherapy. The long-term follow-up study by the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies appears to add credence to research published by the California non-profit organization two years ago that found 83 percent of participants receiving MDMA-assisted psychotherapy no longer qualified for a PTSD diagnosis two months after treatment. An abstract of the study is available on the Journal of Psychopharmacology website. link

Find more PTSD Resources on Military.com.

http://www.military.com/military-report/using-ecstasy-to-treat-ptsd?ESRC=miltrep.nl

• Upvote 2

Have any friends or family members with PTSD?

I do and I'd love to see something that may cure their pain.

You want them to continue suffering?

• Upvote 1

No,

Get them strung out so they don't have to feel anything.

You clearly have no clue how MDMA works.

Source?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

No,

That could be done with Prozac.

You clearly have no clue how MDMA works.

I think he just doesn't have a clue.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I've been following MDMA and its potential uses for quite some time. The biggest problem with it and what likely adds to the stigma is that anything you buy on the street is almost always adulterated with more harmful stubstances. (Methamphetamine, dextromethorphan (DXM), Ketamine) to name a few. More and more studies are showing that MDMA in its purest unadulterated form is having no lasting negative long term effects on the body.

It makes sense that MDMA could assist in helping an individual deal with PTSD symptoms. I like how the compound is immediately described on wikipedia as being an empathogenic drug.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDMA

Source?

Educate yourself, troll.

http://maps.org/

That could be done with Prozac.

I think he just doesn't have a clue.

Nothing new there.

No,

As I said, you clearly have no clue how MDMA works.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Do you ever have something that just totally jumps out at you while you are studying the bible? I have a good one as of recent and I will share below.

I am intently studying the books of Daniel and Revelation. We live in a world where no one seems to no what is going on and since God knows the end from the beginning, I figured that I would seek His wisdom to understand all these events. I have come to the conclusion through my studies of Revelation 13 that without a doubt, there must be a great economic collapse before the end comes. This will usher in a time when the ‘beast’ can control us via our money supply-Revelation 13:16,17-

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

So that study I started has led me on to continue studying and trying to make sense of everything. The most recent thing that I have been looking into is the details in and around BABYLON THE GREAT.

Revelation 18 really goes into it and in verse 23 it says this:

23And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

I want you to notice the way in which all the nations were deceived. Now the bible speaks in majorities. We can see from the book of Revelation that God will have a small group of people that are not deceived. The way in which the nations are deceived is through ‘sorceries’. I have made it a new habit to look at any word and go and look up it’s original greek or hebrew context and meaning. The Newer Testament is originally in Greek. So when you look up the Greek of the word -Sorceries- it says this:

5331 φαρμακεία, φάρμακον [pharmakeia /far·mak·i·ah/] n f. From 5332; GK 5758 and 5760; Three occurrences; AV translates as “sorcery” twice, and “witchcraft” once. 1 the use or the administering of drugs. 2 poisoning. 3 sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry and fostered by it. 4 metaph. the deceptions and seductions of idolatry.

The word Sorcery or Sorceries is only used 6 times in the entire bible. The other four examples refer primarily to the practice of communicating with the dead aka necromancy. This was done in order to see of future events or find out answers. It is still practiced today and even the majority of the christian world believes that dead ones can speak to us if they want to. This is not biblical.

Of those 6 times that the word Sorcery or Sorceries is used, it is used in reference to ‘speaking to the dead’ in the first four examples in the bible but not in the last two. The last two are derived from the same word and they are mentioned in the book of Revelation in Rev 9:21 and 18:23. The last two are derived from the definition above. They are derived from pharmakeia /far·mak·i·ah/ and look at the primary definition listed first and also the second. It deals heavily with the adminisration of drugs or poisons. For me this was an eye opener.

Do you realize how powerful the modern day ‘drug companies’ or can we say -pharmaceutical companies are? Do you realize how many people around the world are daily on a regimen that includes these drugs that are being manufactured by the billions of pills each and every day. It seems as though the more sick the world gets, the more pills, potions, lotions, injections, vaccines, etc that we are sold.

I am not making this up. You can read in your bible and in the greek the root word and the definition. This is another facet of Babylon the Great. It is a direct contradiction with God’s plan of the original diet and way of life as prescribed in the creation week. We are to treat the body as the temple of the holy spirit. If we are putting things into it that are poisonous or harmful is this not injuring the temple?

I know there are some rare drugs that may be an exception to the rule, but these are in the minority. The large majority of drugs are given because the person has violated the natural laws of health.

Christ paid the infinite price for each of us and the bible says in 3 John 1:2-2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

This is clear evidence that Christ wants our physical health in the here and now to be as good as our spiritual health. Christ wants us to be healthy and with a sharp mind so that we will not be deceived. Matthew 24 is riddled over and over again to not be deceived in the last days. Babylon the Great will decieve with -sorceries- or modern day drugs/poisons via pharmaceuticals. What we do with this information is our ultimate choice.

blessings

Sorcery, Pharmaceuticals, and Babylon The Great

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The word Sorcery or Sorceries is only used 6 times in the entire bible. The other four examples refer primarily to the practice of communicating with the dead aka necromancy. This was done in order to see of future events or find out answers. It is still practiced today and even the majority of the christian world believes that dead ones can speak to us if they want to. This is not biblical.

Of those 6 times that the word Sorcery or Sorceries is used, it is used in reference to ‘speaking to the dead’ in the first four examples in the bible but not in the last two. The last two are derived from the same word and they are mentioned in the book of Revelation in Rev 9:21 and 18:23. The last two are derived from the definition above. They are derived from pharmakeia /far·mak·i·ah/ and look at the primary definition listed first and also the second. It deals heavily with the adminisration of drugs or poisons. For me this was an eye opener.

Do you realize how powerful the modern day ‘drug companies’ or can we say -pharmaceutical companies are? Do you realize how many people around the world are daily on a regimen that includes these drugs that are being manufactured by the billions of pills each and every day. It seems as though the more sick the world gets, the more pills, potions, lotions, injections, vaccines, etc that we are sold.

I am not making this up. You can read in your bible and in the greek the root word and the definition. This is another facet of Babylon the Great. It is a direct contradiction with God’s plan of the original diet and way of life as prescribed in the creation week. We are to treat the body as the temple of the holy spirit. If we are putting things into it that are poisonous or harmful is this not injuring the temple?

I know there are some rare drugs that may be an exception to the rule, but these are in the minority. The large majority of drugs are given because the person has violated the natural laws of health.

Christ paid the infinite price for each of us and the bible says in 3 John 1:2-2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

This is clear evidence that Christ wants our physical health in the here and now to be as good as our spiritual health. Christ wants us to be healthy and with a sharp mind so that we will not be deceived. Matthew 24 is riddled over and over again to not be deceived in the last days. Babylon the Great will decieve with -sorceries- or modern day drugs/poisons via pharmaceuticals. What we do with this information is our ultimate choice.

blessings

Sorcery, Pharmaceuticals, and Babylon The Great

Well anyway . . . . +1 to you Krome2ez. Interesting post, glad this caught your eye and you shared it!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Flatdawg.... this is what I know about MDMA, and why its now not surprising that it may well help with PTSD...

Actually I should probably write a bunch of this stuff down before its lost to history, as most of it occurred before computers, and before the major tracking of info we have going on .....

So anyway, MDMA:

Alexander (Sasha) Sholgrin (think I have the last name correct but have no idea as to actual spelling... It's not like that was the focus back then).... Anyway, Sasha in Berkeley CA was working on behalf of the FDA at the secure FDA compound/facility in that area, to develop a drug to "cure" neurosis. Back then a lot of the more established and credible researchers would try these compounds on themselves as part of a larger established trial group (Tim Leary was finally formally banned and not allowed to work with the larger group anymore after he fried himself in the turn on, tune out rhetoric)...

Anyway, the drug Sasha developed did indeed "cure" the vississitudes of neurosis.... and it was so successful, it was going to trial on a larger group. Within this larger group (not the established group of reserach/doctor/scientist volunteers), ot was likewise successful and from that arose the recommendation to take it to the next step of R&D.

It was at this point, the FDA and moreso, government behind that, stepped in and said no. And further decided that this drug could never go to market. Questioned why, the response was, becuase it was so effective in curing neurosis... (wtf?? isn't that the idea)... Asked why that was a problem, it was the government's / FDA's position that without neurosis, there would be no guilt, without guilt there would be no conscience, and without conscience, society would run amok.... I actually don't know who or what aspect of the government engaged this version of logic, the foundation of their rationale, etc etc.... but that essentially killed the neurosis medication project......

The compound used for this medication is essentially (with minor molecular variation and absent pharmaceutical control)... the compound is what today... all these years later, .... is known as X or Ecstasy.....

• Upvote 1

Flatdawg.... this is what I know about MDMA, and why its now not surprising that it may well help with PTSD...

Actually I should probably write a bunch of this stuff down before its lost to history, as most of it occurred before computers, and before the major tracking of info we have going on .....

So anyway, MDMA:

Alexander (Sasha) Sholgrin (think I have the last name correct but have no idea as to actual spelling... It's not like that was the focus back then).... Anyway, Sasha in Berkeley CA was working on behalf of the FDA at the secure FDA compound/facility in that area, to develop a drug to "cure" neurosis. Back then a lot of the more established and credible researchers would try these compounds on themselves as part of a larger established trial group (Tim Leary was finally formally banned and not allowed to work with the larger group anymore after he fried himself in the turn on, tune out rhetoric)...

Anyway, the drug Sasha developed did indeed "cure" the vississitudes of neurosis.... and it was so successful, it was going to trial on a larger group. Within this larger group (not the established group of reserach/doctor/scientist volunteers), ot was likewise successful and from that arose the recommendation to take it to the next step of R&D.

It was at this point, the FDA and moreso, government behind that, stepped in and said no. And further decided that this drug could never go to market. Questioned why, the response was, becuase it was so effective in curing neurosis... (wtf?? isn't that the idea)... Asked why that was a problem, it was the government's / FDA's position that without neurosis, there would be no guilt, without guilt there would be no conscience, and without conscience, society would run amok.... I actually don't know who or what aspect of the government engaged this version of logic, the foundation of their rationale, etc etc.... but that essentially killed the neurosis medication project......

The compound used for this medication is essentially (with minor molecular variation and absent pharmaceutical control)... the compound is what today... all these years later, .... is known as X or Ecstasy.....

Shulgin. Here's a link to one of his books and more info!

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal.shtml

He's a pretty awesome guy. He has discovered countless psychoactive compounds of all sorts and to my knowledge continues his work today. Thanks for sharing!

Also, to bring up Jonjon's earlier mention of big pharma. MDMA is a compound that pharmaceutical companies would lobby against being used. It's not a compound that the individual would likely continue to use. It would in effect, solve the issue, without creating any sort of drug reliance. As you can see, it would not be a profitable drug. What would be more profitable is loading veterans up on xanax and the like and keeping them on it for years to come.

Just my thoughts on it.

• Upvote 2

Well I'm sure you pretty much figured out my relay of the information was not from something I merely heard, and was instead first hand... lol lol And so yeah... he was amazing just to be around... actually, they all were.... And it was stopped for exactly the reasons I said... the dill weeds thought people needed neurosis in order to have conscience...

Thanks for the book link... I'll have to look at it... I had no idea anything was published about any of this, so may be interesting to see who wrote it and what they had to say.... hummm interesting... I'll get bak to ya on this one...

Thanks!!!biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1

Well I'm sure you pretty much figured out my relay of the information was not from something I merely heard, and was instead first hand... lol lol And so yeah... he was amazing just to be around... actually, they all were.... And it was stopped for exactly the reasons I said... the dill weeds thought people needed neurosis in order to have conscience...

Thanks for the book link... I'll have to look at it... I had no idea anything was published about any of this, so may be interesting to see who wrote it and what they had to say.... hummm interesting... I'll get bak to ya on this one...

Thanks!!!biggrin.gif

That's just an Erowid link. To my knowledge he's written two books, (last I checked.) They contain tons of compounds that he discovered, how to create the compounds, and then reports on experiences and what not. Really fascinating stuff. I'm jealous of your experience, that's for sure!