Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Zambia zeroes in on new banknotes

seetrader1

Dontlop::::The problem for Iraq IF they revalued to say 1 cent per dinar it would mean fewer dinar for every petrodollar and there budget is BUSTED....

On paper this will be the case for sure, so the budget would have to be adjusted way down. The petro dollars coming in remains the same and as you point out when the GOI exchanges them for dinars they will get far fewer dinars. But the price of everything in Iraq will have to come down. If bread selling now for 5,000 IQD were to remain at that level if the IQD goes up by 12x to one penny, there will be a massive influx of bread from Iraq's neighbors (legal or on the black market) to flood the market to profit from this 12x overpriced bread. So the price will drop quickly due to supply and demand. Certainly the GOI's budget would have to be rewritten to adjust everything down so it would be a chaotic situation for sure.

The big problem is that the CBI doesn't have the reserves to cover a higher priced dinar as long as M2 is so huge.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just wondering, to LOP the zero's off the dinar, why do they need security and economic stability. If it RV'd, then I think you would need security, not if it their money LOPPED.

Read more:

Dinark says -----There is no such thing as a "RV".

DInark

Can you answer the question? Let's change the term - let's say no RV, but a Reinstatement of previous levels, or a managed float, or dirty float, etc. Whatever.

The question is still a good one and worth answering.

Reinstatement? LOL....So "soon" the CBI is going to say......yeah....ok......now each dinar is worth over 3.00? Only in dinar land would this even be considered possible. No need to consider the M2 of over 72 trillion. Na. Kraperoni says all that has been "sucked" in. LOL. An overnight increase of over 300,00% in a currency value. Yeah OK......Sorry if I call BS on that.

Would you like to talk about a float next? Lets say that the dinar is allowed to float starting tomorrow. Who would buy it other than brainwashed Not-so-Breitling followers? No one. Real inverstors who trade in currencies wouldnt buy dinar on the open market even if it was traded. I love this one....."Let the market decide its value" hahahaha....what market? There is no market for dinar other than through the victims of the overnight get rich quick scheme conjured up years ago by internet con men. Developing countries peg to the dollar. Period. Look it up. Stability is what they need and they get it from the peg. Everyone seems to think that since Iraq has oil everyone on the planet cant wait to trade dinar when it goes "international". Well....everyone would be mistaken. If the dinar were allowed to float it would lose value instead of gain it because there is no demand for it. Iraq is a worn torn poverty stricken turd world corrupt backwards traitorous dirt poor wannabe country. You will not see a float from the dinar.

Time to wake up folks. Even if Iraq could "RV" they wouldnt because there is no such thing as "RVs". Yes....thats right Dontlop. You read that correctly. RVs were made up long ago to scam people into buying dinar at a huge markup. They never have and never will exist. Dont believe me? Just look it up. Please. Show me one. Yeah you will find plenty of appreciations in currency values. Yeah...1%, .015%, 2%, even as high is 30% which is unheard of in economics. Iraq has to "RV" 1000% to even get to a penny. Impossible. Hyperinflation would be the only result. You cannot shock your trade balance with massive increases in the value of your currency. Again....please show me one. Dontlop your own defintion that you so proudly posted must have been written by a Kraperoni follower. SHOW ME....show me one time EVER that a country doubled the value of their currency like the example stated in your definition. You wont find one becuase everyone economist on the planet knows they would cause runaway inflation if they were ever to try anything so stupid.

• Upvote 2

Just wondering, to LOP the zero's off the dinar, why do they need security and economic stability. If it RV'd, then I think you would need security, not if it their money LOPPED.

Imagine trying to convince a country of 30 million people to turn over their dinar for a new dinar at an exchange of 1000 old for 1 new. Do you suppose there might be a few people who don't understand the concept and think they're losing their money? And if they think that do you suppose they might respond violently? Then there's the added concern of corruption. Some of the people handling the new money might have sticky fingers. Thus the need for security.

• Upvote 3

Imagine trying to convince a country of 30 million people to turn over their dinar for a new dinar at an exchange of 1000 old for 1 new. Do you suppose there might be a few people who don't understand the concept and think they're losing their money? And if they think that do you suppose they might respond violently? Then there's the added concern of corruption. Some of the people handling the new money might have sticky fingers. Thus the need for security.

[/quote :surgeon:

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Reinstatement? LOL....So "soon" the CBI is going to say......yeah....ok......now each dinar is worth over 3.00? Only in dinar land would this even be considered possible. No need to consider the M2 of over 72 trillion. Na. Kraperoni says all that has been "sucked" in. LOL. An overnight increase of over 300,00% in a currency value. Yeah OK......Sorry if I call BS on that.

Would you like to talk about a float next? Lets say that the dinar is allowed to float starting tomorrow. Who would buy it other than brainwashed Not-so-Breitling followers? No one. Real inverstors who trade in currencies wouldnt buy dinar on the open market even if it was traded. I love this one....."Let the market decide its value" hahahaha....what market? There is no market for dinar other than through the victims of the overnight get rich quick scheme conjured up years ago by internet con men. Developing countries peg to the dollar. Period. Look it up. Stability is what they need and they get it from the peg. Everyone seems to think that since Iraq has oil everyone on the planet cant wait to trade dinar when it goes "international". Well....everyone would be mistaken. If the dinar were allowed to float it would lose value instead of gain it because there is no demand for it. Iraq is a worn torn poverty stricken turd world corrupt backwards traitorous dirt poor wannabe country. You will not see a float from the dinar.

Time to wake up folks. Even if Iraq could "RV" they wouldnt because there is no such thing as "RVs". Yes....thats right Dontlop. You read that correctly. RVs were made up long ago to scam people into buying dinar at a huge markup. They never have and never will exist. Dont believe me? Just look it up. Please. Show me one. Yeah you will find plenty of appreciations in currency values. Yeah...1%, .015%, 2%, even as high is 30% which is unheard of in economics. Iraq has to "RV" 1000% to even get to a penny. Impossible. Hyperinflation would be the only result. You cannot shock your trade balance with massive increases in the value of your currency. Again....please show me one. Dontlop your own defintion that you so proudly posted must have been written by a Kraperoni follower. SHOW ME....show me one time EVER that a country doubled the value of their currency like the example stated in your definition. You wont find one becuase everyone economist on the planet knows they would cause runaway inflation if they were ever to try anything so stupid.

Hello Dinarck!!! I see things never change with you. "time to wake up folks" & "try anything so stupid",with statements such as these one would think that you were/are wayyyyyyyyyyy to intelligent to ever have invested into such a foolhearty plan....................but wait you DID!!!!! You have so much knowledge on how an RV is impossible, and have no problem making sure others know how idiotic the dream of RV may be. I'm sure you researched with nausea before investing,right? So with so much information readily available there's no way a sane person would've invested into such a pipedream...........right? But you did...............right? Sour Grapes is not a very pleasant scent on you. Yes for the one millionth time the dinar may RD/LOP or RV,no one even YOU can say with 100% certainty what IRAQ will do and anything suggested otherwise is just an opinion. Yes articles are available stating what they may do,but people/ articles can be used to mislead.......................hmmmmmmm sounds familar does'nt it.-peace

p.s. hope you had a nice thanksgiving

Edited by caz1104

Yes for the one millionth time the dinar may RD/LOP or RV,no one even YOU can say with 100% certainty what IRAQ will do and anything suggested otherwise is just an opinion.

Indeed we do not know what Iraq will do. We do know what they CAN NOT do. They might RD, they might not. They CAN NOT RV (to 1 penny or more overnight). That is simply a fact based on the fundamentals of currency.

Alas I did not understand that before I got sucked into the dream of being rich tomorrow, but once I woke up and did my research I realized how silly I had been. The dream is a strong draw, its aided by all the pumpers, but its a lie.

• Upvote 3

Indeed we do not know what Iraq will do. We do know what they CAN NOT do. They might RD, they might not. They CAN NOT RV (to 1 penny or more overnight). That is simply a fact based on the fundamentals of currency.

Alas I did not understand that before I got sucked into the dream of being rich tomorrow, but once I woke up and did my research I realized how silly I had been. The dream is a strong draw, its aided by all the pumpers, but its a lie.

Tho I was'nt resonding to you,thanks for your opinion. If you believe all thats been put forth then your opinion has merit.-peace

Tho I was'nt resonding to you,thanks for your opinion.

Your welcome. And it is an open forum, these are not private conversations.

If you believe all thats been put forth then your opinion has merit.-peace

What differentiates opinion from fact?

Is it possible that Iraq will RV the dinar to $1,000 USD per IQD? However unlikely that is, is it possible?

Edited by JoeFriday
  • Upvote 2

Your welcome. And it is an open forum, these are not private conversations.

What differentiates opinion from fact?

Is it possible that Iraq will RV the dinar to $1,000 USD per IQD? However unlikely that is, is it possible?

Is it possible? Is it possible that a country can be asleep long enough to let its Gov to put it in 16 trillion dollars of debt? Anything is possible,.....likely probably not($1,000 usd per IQD). Nothing surprizes me anymore-peace

Is it possible? Is it possible that a country can be asleep long enough to let its Gov to put it in 16 trillion dollars of debt?

obviously. But I note you did not answer my question as to what differentiates fact vs opinion, unless your statement that "anything is possible" was meant to imply that there are no facts and all is just opinion. Do you really operate that way in your day to day life? I find that very hard to believe.

Anything is possible,.....likely probably not($1,000 usd per IQD). Nothing surprizes me anymore-peace

I would say you have lost touch with reality. Clearly $1,000 USD per IQD is not possible, its not unlikely its impossible.

I doubt there is much point in us attempting a discussion since we do not share a common basis of reality.

Enjoy the dream.

Edited by JoeFriday
  • Upvote 4

Not sure what you mean by "case closed". Dinars were exchanged 1-1 with Saddam dinars so his overprinting remained. Something like 4-5 Trillion dinars were exchanged, with another 3T or so in banks go produce an M2 of about 7T. Inflation continued, though at a much lower rate, and today M2 is 72T, but reserves are 68B so the exchange rate has remained steady as it was in 2004 with an M2 of 7T and maybe 6B in reserves.

It isn't being done to get higher security measures but to lower M2 to get a exchange rate for the dinar of close to 1 USD. Paper money doesn't last long and they did not buy the printing technology but just contracted to have the bills printed. So contracting to have new ones printed only adds the setup costs for design etc. A few million for sure but not that much over their usual printing to account for wear.

They may or may not RD. South Korea had a booming economy for 40 years and never RD'd their currency which is close to the same exchange rate as Iraq (it has been up and down by 50% or so over that time and is back to around where it was 40 years ago). But the issues is not RD or RV, but RD or not RD. There is no RV (or RI).

Point taken on the exchange with old dinars you mention - except that if inflation was low these past ten years, why the M2 rise to ten times more? (7T to 72T?) That doesn't make sense. What better way to hide the real value of your currency while in "bankruptcy" than to say it's overinflated?

Secondly, I'm not disputing it may slowly rise in value over time, say 3-10 years. I'm OK with that. But what backs up your claim there can be no RI or RV?

Even if no historical precedent exists, it could happen.

• Upvote 2

obviously. But I note you did not answer my question as to what differentiates fact vs opinion, unless your statement that "anything is possible" was meant to imply that there are no facts and all is just opinion. Do you really operate that way in your day to day life? I find that very hard to believe.

I would say you have lost touch with reality. Clearly $1,000 USD per IQD is not possible, its not unlikely its impossible.

I doubt there is much point in us attempting a discussion since we do not share a common basis of reality.

Enjoy the dream.

Seeing as everyone here including you is a fictional and some cases cartoonish character,I find it amusing that you use the term reality and believe you are the only one in touch with it. Just like many others down here in LOPster land its funny to hear how so many have all the answers to an investment with no clear ending. Clearly entering into such a losing or at best break even investment would lead many to question ones intelligence/sanity if thats what you believe.....................now thats reality. Or are you in this investment in the hope of a slow boat to china float over many more years. I did say $1,000 USD to IQD is unlikely and it is imo,plain and simple answer-peace

Edited by caz1104

Dinark - I notice a lot of anger toward those who disagree with you. Secondly, if it's never happened before doesn't mean it can't happen. Do you believe it will always stay at 1166? No. You believe it will RD on par with other countries in the region say $3.00. OK, I'll go with that. So why haven't they done it? Why all the talk of counterfeiting and security and the need for economic growth if they are doing a REVENUE NEUTRAL event?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Point taken on the exchange with old dinars you mention - except that if inflation was low these past ten years, why the M2 rise to ten times more? (7T to 72T?) That doesn't make sense. What better way to hide the real value of your currency while in "bankruptcy" than to say it's overinflated?

It ins't just inflation that increases M2 but the CBI just issuing new money (making loans, etc) where they match the amount with reserves so there is no inflation. Generally M2 is in the same order of magnitude as GDP for most countries. So Iraq's M2 is about what we would expect for an economy that is working. The figures each year match up with this, and the operation of the CBI has been scrutinized by the World Bank, IMF, UN, US Treasury etc. for the last 9 years. So I see no way their economy could be working if M2 was 10x smaller today or that the CBI could (or would want to) fool all the inspectors for so long. i.e. Iraq very much wants international acceptance and "pulling a fast one" is not how to attain such status.

Secondly, I'm not disputing it may slowly rise in value over time, say 3-10 years. I'm OK with that. But what backs up your claim there can be no RI or RV?

Even if no historical precedent exists, it could happen.

No, it can't happen. How would Iraq back their currency? Lets say it RV's to a dime (what Adam is pushing I believe). Ok, now M2 represents 7.2 T dollars. M1 around half of M2 if I recall. so maybe 30T dinars or at a dime each 3T dollars. M1 is readily spendable money (cash and checking accounts). Lets say after years of hardship on average Iraqi's decide to save 90% of this windfall (how they do that is another question) and spend 10% immediately to improve their lives. The cars, flat screens, generators, air conditioners, etc etc are all imported. When an importer buys something they must pay in the currency of the country of origin (BMW does not want dinars for their cars but Euros). The CBI has about $68B USD in reserves, but this 10% of life improvement is $300B. What do you think will happen when someone asks to exchange and the CBI says sorry we can't do it? A massive run on the bank, but it will be too late of course, and being the central bank there is no one to bail them out. It can't happen, they do not have the funds to back an exchange significantly higher than what it is right now.

What about the 90% they might decide to save? Will they decide that keeping it in Dinars is the best approach? I'd guess not and there would be a massive attempt to exchange for other currencies for this as well, but again the CBI can not come close to supplying it and would go bankrupt in the first seconds after such an RV, which is why it can not happen. Even if some idiot in power were to declare such, the bank can not possibly make good on it. There is all sorts of silly talk about how the dinars investors hold won't go back to Iraq and will be held by the US Treasury in some strange oil futures deal etc. Forget all that. Speculators holding maybe 1T of the 72T M2 are not significant (not that the CBI has a mans to pay off that 1T at a dime per dinar either, but within Iraq you can't even apply silly US Treasure schemes).

As for the dinar rising over 3-10 years, sure it might, but it also might go down. Though it would have to be floated to do either. If it continues to be pegged it will change very little. A growing GDP does not imply a growing currency. What business wants in this area is stability, not growth as that makes international deals very difficult. Even if it does grow over the years, its going to be normal growth (like a percent or two per year, not 100% or 1000% per year).

Edited by JoeFriday
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Instead of respond to Caz AGAIN for the jillionth time I will just agree 1000% with this post. Very well said. Unfortunately people want to hide behind the nobody knows ignorance.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It ins't just inflation that increases M2 but the CBI just issuing new money (making loans, etc) where they match the amount with reserves so there is no inflation.

I should have also mentioned oil sales as that is likely the biggest increase. The GOI takes its royalties (in dollars) deposits them at the CBI and takes out dinars to pay items in its budget increasing M2 (but fully backed by the dollars that got added to the reserves, so not inflationary). An example of both GDP and M2 going up together. Edited by JoeFriday
  • Upvote 1

Instead of respond to Caz AGAIN for the jillionth time I will just agree 1000% with this post. Very well said. Unfortunately people want to hide behind the nobody knows ignorance.

Or the people that push the I know everything arrogance. Again tell all how intelligent you are...................oh thats right you listened to and invested into something that has NEVER happened and has little or no chance of occuring!!! BRILLIANT!!! And now belittles anyone who dares to have their own thoughts on this investment, and we or anyone should listen to you why? I just love these monday morning quarterbacks that feel the need to educate others as if they have all the answers..............and then call others dreamers. Everyone is entitled to believe whatever they wish even LOPsters without being called out as "dreamers", "ignorant" or not in touch with "reality".............................really????? You guys down here bring a new meaning to the term cartoon character,I wish each of you the best in your own little world-peace.

I should have also mentioned oil sales as that is likely the biggest increase. The GOI takes its royalties (in dollars) deposits them at the CBI and takes out dinars to pay items in its budget increasing M2 (but fully backed by the dollars that got added to the reserves, so not inflationary). An example of both GDP and M2 going up together.

If everthing stated is accurate then all you have said(which has been stated millions of times) is a very real possibilty. I for one hope what they say is false-peace

• Downvote 3

If everthing stated is accurate then all you have said(which has been stated millions of times) is a very real possibilty. I for one hope what they say is false-peace

When in the history of civilization has a financial institution (bank, central bank, investment house, country) reported that their liabilities were GREATER than they really were and reported assets that were LESS than reality. If there is an error it is invariably the other way, that the Iraq situation is in fact worse than it appears.

We know how much oil is being pumped and sold, we know this dominates the Iraqi economy and we know M2 is about the size we would expect for that size of an economy. The numbers could all be off by +/- 10 or 20% and it makes no difference. We know they are not off by 1000% because of the interactions with the rest of the world.

You might as well be hoping for the Easter Bunny to leave a million dollar bill under your pillow. But, that is of course your choice to do so if you like.

• Upvote 2

Or the people that push the I know everything arrogance. Again tell all how intelligent you are...................oh thats right you listened to and invested into something that has NEVER happened and has little or no chance of occuring!!! BRILLIANT!!! And now belittles anyone who dares to have their own thoughts on this investment, and we or anyone should listen to you why? I just love these monday morning quarterbacks that feel the need to educate others as if they have all the answers..............and then call others dreamers. Everyone is entitled to believe whatever they wish even LOPsters without being called out as "dreamers", "ignorant" or not in touch with "reality".............................really????? You guys down here bring a new meaning to the term cartoon character,I wish each of you the best in your own little world-peace.

Caz do we have to go through this again? Again I here by openly admitt that I leaped before I looked due to feverish hype spawned by stary eyed cheerleaders like yourself. Didn't take me long to learn the truth though. When will you openly admitt that you have been suckered? NEVER!!!!! You will continue to cheerlead for the impossible and defend whatever low life scumbag pumper you can. That's how you roll. At the same time you will whine and cry about all the meanies who are speaking the truth and actually waking people up from your "dream" of an economically impossible event. Don't try to play it off like we are the bad guys and you are so wonderful. Anyone with half a brain can see otherwise.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Generic RV/LOP discussion:

Lopster: Economic fact

RV'er: hopeful rebuttal

Lopster: Smug arrogant comment

RV'er: "Nobody knows what's going to happen! All we can do is wait"

RV'er: "If you don't believe ... Then why are you even here?"

Lopster: Smug arrogant response

Moderator: Closing topic...

2 years straight and a million debates later... it's still entertaining to read. :tiphat:

• Upvote 3

Caz do we have to go through this again? Again I here by openly admitt that I leaped before I looked due to feverish hype spawned by stary eyed cheerleaders like yourself. Didn't take me long to learn the truth though. When will you openly admitt that you have been suckered? NEVER!!!!! You will continue to cheerlead for the impossible and defend whatever low life scumbag pumper you can. That's how you roll. At the same time you will whine and cry about all the meanies who are speaking the truth and actually waking people up from your "dream" of an economically impossible event. Don't try to play it off like we are the bad guys and you are so wonderful. Anyone with half a brain can see otherwise.

Who's truth Dinark................yours? Again you attack those that disagree...........................grow up. You dislike pumpers..................so don't listen to them,simple. Any one with "half a brain" could figure that out. I was not "suckered" for I knew the risks and still do,and I invested what I could afford to lose and I don't blame others for NOT my doing research(sound familar). Anyone that invests with "half a brain" knows this and if you invest off emotion and lose.................look in the mirror. The only ones that continue to "cry" are the ones that continue to search for others to blame and try to push they're new found intelligence on others. Then if anyone dares to question them,well they must be "stupid","ignorant","dreamers" or "not in touch with reality",all of which seems to fit LOPsters as well. I don't pretend to be wonderful but I dislike all you "born again" holier than thou group that think that NOW they have seen the light and know all. For the one gazillionth time the majority of folks know the possibilities of this investment and accept them. Do they hope all that has been stated is false..........................well yeah-duh. Why else stay in the game,anyone "with half a brain" could see this-peace

Who's truth Dinark................yours? Again you attack those that disagree...........................grow up. You dislike pumpers..................so don't listen to them,simple. Any one with "half a brain" could figure that out. I was not "suckered" for I knew the risks and still do,and I invested what I could afford to lose and I don't blame others for NOT my doing research(sound familar). Anyone that invests with "half a brain" knows this and if you invest off emotion and lose.................look in the mirror. The only ones that continue to "cry" are the ones that continue to search for others to blame and try to push they're new found intelligence on others. Then if anyone dares to question them,well they must be "stupid","ignorant","dreamers" or "not in touch with reality",all of which seems to fit LOPsters as well. I don't pretend to be wonderful but I dislike all you "born again" holier than thou group that think that NOW they have seen the light and know all. For the one gazillionth time the majority of folks know the possibilities of this investment and accept them. Do they hope all that has been stated is false..........................well yeah-duh. Why else stay in the game,anyone "with half a brain" could see this-peace

Generic RV/LOP discussion:

RV'er: "Nobody knows what's going to happen! All we can do is wait"

RV'er: "If you don't believe ... Then why are you even here?"

Lopster: Smug arrogant response

Moderator: Closing topic...

2 years straight and a million debates later... it's still entertaining to read. :tiphat:src="http://dinarvets.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/tip_hat.gif">

LOL-PRICELESS!!!!!

• Downvote 2

Who's truth Dinark................yours? Again you attack those that disagree...........................grow up. You dislike pumpers..................so don't listen to them,simple. Any one with "half a brain" could figure that out. I was not "suckered" for I knew the risks and still do,

Is everything an opinion with no truth possible? You say you know the risks, but your hope that the known facts of Iraq's economy and currency are simply false indicates you do not know since how could that be possible on a scale to make even a 1 penny RV possible?

Suppose just as a thought experiment, that an RV is in fact impossible . Given that hypothetical would you say you know the risks? Merely using the phrase "risks" indicates to me you do not know since if there is no possibility of a profit then a lose is certain. That isn't a risk, its a certain loss.

• Upvote 1