Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Feds to Block Off 9 Million Acres for Spotted Owl

krome2ez

Thanksgiving eve surprise:

Feds to block off 9M acres for spotted owl

By: Audrey Hudson

11/21/2012 06:43 PM

spotted-northern-owl-620x413.jpg

The Obama administration announced with little fanfare Thanksgiving eve plans to lock up nine million acres of land for the endangered Northern Spotted Owl.

The plan would double the amount of public forest lands proposed by the Bush administration for the owl’s habitat in Oregon, Washington and Northern California, and is expected to severely limit commercial activities like logging.

Rep. Doc Hastings (R-Wash.), chairman of the House Natural Resources Committee, said he is concerned the plan will cost taxpayers millions of dollars.

“Expanding the Northern Spotted Owl’s critical habitat will further endanger the timber industry, the thousands of jobs that the industry supports, and forest health,” Hastings said.

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/11/21/thanksgiving-eve-surprise-feds-to-block-off-9m-acres-for-spotted-owl/

• Upvote 1

Thanksgiving eve surprise:

Feds to block off 9M acres for spotted owl

By: Audrey Hudson

11/21/2012 06:43 PM

spotted-northern-owl-620x413.jpg

The Obama administration announced with little fanfare Thanksgiving eve plans to lock up nine million acres of land for the endangered Northern Spotted Owl.

The plan would double the amount of public forest lands proposed by the Bush administration for the owl’s habitat in Oregon, Washington and Northern California, and is expected to severely limit commercial activities like logging.

Rep. Doc Hastings (R-Wash.), chairman of the House Natural Resources Committee, said he is concerned the plan will cost taxpayers millions of dollars.

“Expanding the Northern Spotted Owl’s critical habitat will further endanger the timber industry, the thousands of jobs that the industry supports, and forest health,” Hastings said.

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/11/21/thanksgiving-eve-surprise-feds-to-block-off-9m-acres-for-spotted-owl/

EWWW i`ll have to get the exact location and gits me a forest ranger job .. that way if im incharge of a certain area .. i can grow me some weed and make a fortune .. i hope thats not what obama is doing .. claiming his pot farm .. cause i want it

• Upvote 2

Bunch of frickin bureaucratic idiots!!!! The "experts" claimed at one time that Spotted Owls only lived in wooded plots of 50,000 acres or more, so they shut down logging on large tracks of land... land which owners logged for a living. Then amazingly they discovered that low and behold, said owl was not so choosy as once thought... many were found on smaller and smaller tracts of woods... til one day they found a Spotted Owl roosting in a K-Mart Sign (link: http://www.dlopezfor...ons/environment ). They have obviously adapted... what they probably won't survive is the ramifications of the legislation process. My bro-in-laws job is to deal with land owners for his company. He has discovered that the land owners have a saying out west.... "Shoot-Shovel-Shut UP"!!! blink.gif How do you survive out west if the Feds shut you down? You don't! So many land owners are looking for those endangered species... and disposing of them before the Gov't discovers them. Don't get me wrong.... I'm a nature lover through and through... but I also know these large land owners will also become an endangered species if they don't rethink how to handle this, and find a way that will work for both the owl and the land owners. unsure.gif

Thanks for the post Krome! wink.gif

EWWW i`ll have to get the exact location and gits me a forest ranger job .. that way if im incharge of a certain area .. i can grow me some weed and make a fortune .. i hope thats not what obama is doing .. claiming his pot farm .. cause i want it

Would that mean you'd go all "natural" on us dontlop??? rolleyes.gif Btw... wha't that yur smokin? cigar.gifOh... wrong stuff...never mind? laugh.gifwink.gif

• Upvote 2

They should block off an equal amount of land for human habitation. I've never heard that a spotted owl has helped to aleviate human poverty or hunger.

maybe we can clip their wings and start breeding them like they do with turkeys .. and eat them .. i`ll bet they got some good buffalo style wings

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

They already know that logging has nothing to do with the Spotted Owl. It's Barred Owl that has migrated over here. It's killing the males and taking over the nests and the females. There has been discussion about trapping and maybe killing them. It's all just an excuse to kill the logging industry. Talk about hypocrisy, sitting there on their furniture made of wood, in their houses made of wood, still wiping their butts!

• Upvote 3

Having been born in Oregon and living there for 48 years before moving to New Mexico I can tell you that at first they said that the spotted owl only could survive in old growth timber and blocked logging in old growth areas.

Then they found them in second growth. I guess they where wrong.

This is the tree huggers way of stopping logging in the northwest.

Logging has been going on in the northwest for more that 100 years and the reason why is because the land owners have been good stewards of the land by replanting harvested areas. There are areas that now have third grow on them to be harvested. Loggers are just like farmers. They plant a new crop after they have harvested the old. it just doesn't grow as fast as corn.

Wood is a renewable resource. And they don't need easterners that have logged all there forests to tell them how to manage theirs.

Save a logger eat a spotted owl.

• Upvote 2

Having been born in Oregon and living there for 48 years before moving to New Mexico I can tell you that at first they said that the spotted owl only could survive in old growth timber and blocked logging in old growth areas.

Then they found them in second growth. I guess they where wrong.

This is the tree huggers way of stopping logging in the northwest.

Logging has been going on in the northwest for more that 100 years and the reason why is because the land owners have been good stewards of the land by replanting harvested areas. There are areas that now have third grow on them to be harvested. Loggers are just like farmers. They plant a new crop after they have harvested the old. it just doesn't grow as fast as corn.

Wood is a renewable resource. And they don't need easterners that have logged all there forests to tell them how to manage theirs.

Save a logger eat a spotted owl.

Agreed! They broke us along with so many other hundreds/thousands of families. We went to their meeting in WA with Clinton and it was a farce! The people/families meant Nothing! Actually the spotted owl was only used to destroy the logging industry. A tree hugger got up and yelled at the meeting "Forget about the spotted owl! We got 150 species of snails to close the forests to get you out! No consideration of destroying families, people commmitting suicide, children's homes being destroyed! None! No solutions or compromises! None! We talk about taking this country back over but we continue to be sheep being led to the slaughter.

• Upvote 3