Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UN official calls for marijuana ballot rollback

jonjon

Posted: Tue 1:32 PM, Nov 20, 2012A A Reporter: Associated Press Email

united+nations4.jpg

UN official calls for marijuana ballot rollback

VIENNA (AP) -- The head of the U.N. drug watchdog agency is urging U.S. federal officials to challenge ballot measures in Colorado and Washington that decriminalized possession of small amounts of marijuana for adults 21 and over.

Raymond Yans says the approvals send "a wrong message to the rest of the nation and it sends a wrong message abroad."

Yans heads the International Narcotics Control Board. He told The Associated Press on Tuesday he hopes Attorney General Eric Holder "will take all the necessary measures" to ensure that marijuana possession and use remains illegal throughout the U.S.

Both states are holding off on plans to regulate and tax the drug while waiting to see whether the Justice Department will assert federal authority over drug law.

The INCB has no enforcement ability.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the post....Well of course he's against legalization...........He has a vested intrest..IE his job. Do we realize that the two organizations that would be hurt the most would be the cartels and police. When the good guys and the bad guys rely on the same thing for their bread and butter then it all goes to Hell...The cartels can't sell it and the cops can't chase it. It's all about the money. Plus who in the heck said the UN has a dadgum thing to say to us about how we run our country? I am like my friend..........If they wanta legalize it and tax it.................SO BE IT.

I don't play but think it has to change. Auto.

Edited by automag
  • Upvote 7

Here liberals ..whisle ..whisle ..here little liberals ....where are you now?

I guess we should be more tolerant on letting a foreign goverment dictate to us how we shouid run our own states now .

I am really at the point now , lets just let the president run this country in the ground ..its obvious half of the obama phone holders will never see past , race ,the left ,,right paradigm ..and class warfare.

why ..even bother to explain , anymore to democrat voters ...how were now part of a world government and everything that the awake are still trying to fight for is freedom ...not for a certain race but for the human race..

You really need to understand the Evil that is behind the curtain pulling the strings ..

I am still sick to my stomach on all the anti gun posts on other threads ..This UN agenda should tell you exactly how they plan to control evrything in our lives ....

Liberals ..I will let you in on a little secret ...they are trying to divide and destroy this country .we are the last armed citizens in the world ..execpt for the swiss ...

Also ..we know how corupt the republican party is but at least they are supposed to hold core conservative values ..as liberals are blinding supporting democrats with no facts or common sense in the real world ..

Also liberals..guess what racism does not exist ..well not at the levels that all liberal news outlets brainwash you with ..honestly.most republicans dont care what color you skin is , as long as you dont piss on the constitution...thats the truth..

My point is ,,liberals should be loosing there freaking minds on this issue ..and your not ....

you dont want to stand for anything ..dont stand in our way..you trust your governement ..we will trust in ourselves.

• Upvote 6

Put 1000 pot smokers together in party

And 1000 drinkers at another party.........which party will cause the most trouble ie fighting, reckless driving, hangovers, and anger. Weird ones legal and the other isn't.

That would be two thousand drunken stoners. Send them to the the voting both and they will elect Barrack Obama for president.

This is something a country shouldn't be so proud of.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

That would be two thousand drunken stoners. Send them to the the voting both and they will elect Barrack Obama for president.

According to you, all stoners vote for Paul.

Wanna get your story straight?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

According to you, all stoners vote for Paul.

Wanna get your story straight?

I didn't realize those were campaign parties for Paul but now that you mention it I can see.

They all must of partied to long, I don't think Paul got 2000 total votes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I didn't realize those were campaign parties for Paul but now that you mention it I can see.

They all must of partied to long, I don't think Paul got 2000 total votes.

Funny, all my pothead friends voted for that loser the gop put up.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Here liberals ..whisle ..whisle ..here little liberals ....where are you now?

I guess we should be more tolerant on letting a foreign goverment dictate to us how we shouid run our own states now .

I am really at the point now , lets just let the president run this country in the ground ..its obvious half of the obama Reagan phone holders will never see past , race ,the left ,,right paradigm ..and class warfare.

Fixed that up for you. wink.gif

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/09/just-how-racist-obama-phone-video/57353/

why ..even bother to explain , anymore to democrat voters ...how were now part of a world government and everything that the awake are still trying to fight for is freedom ...not for a certain race but for the human race..

You really need to understand the Evil that is behind the curtain pulling the strings ..

Which Evil, behind what curtain, pulling what strings????????

I am still sick to my stomach on all the anti gun posts on other threads ..This UN agenda should tell you exactly how they plan to control evrything in our lives ....

Which particular UN agenda?

Liberals ..I will let you in on a little secret ...they are trying to divide and destroy this country .we are the last armed citizens in the world ..execpt for the swiss ...

The link below seems to discredit your claim. How exactly do you define "armed citizens"? What percentage of the citizens have to be be "armed" for the citizenship to the be considered "armed"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

Also ..we know how corupt the republican party is but at least they are supposed to hold core conservative values ..as liberals are blinding supporting democrats with no facts or common sense in the real world ..

Not quite sure what you mean by that? Perhaps defining "core conservative values" would enable logical, reasoned discussion.

If "we know how corrupt the republican party is", can we assume that the core conservative values that they are supposed to hold should not be valued so highly?

Also liberals..guess what racism does not exist ..well not at the levels that all liberal news outlets brainwash you with ..honestly.most republicans dont care what color you skin is , as long as you dont piss on the constitution...thats the truth..

Evidence required of all liberal news outlets attempting mass brainwashing with regard to widespread racism please.

I would agree that most republicans are not racist, just as most of the population is not racist. Does this excuse the racism that does exist??? Should a responsible news outlet draw attention to the racism that does exist so that it can be eradicated??

Do you agree that republicans, maybe a majority of rebublicans, believe that government should pass laws based on Christian ideology?

Would this be considered to be "relieving one's self" on the constitution?

Or is "relieving one's self" on the constitution only bad if it's done on certain parts of the constitution, or is it only considered bad if done by some people and okay if it's done by other people?

My point is ,,liberals should be loosing there freaking minds on this issue ..and your not ....

Wait, wait....I know.......they've already lost their minds due to excessive marijuana consumption.... biggrin.gif

you dont want to stand for anything ..dont stand in our way..you trust your governement ..we will trust in ourselves.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Posted: Tue 1:32 PM, Nov 20, 2012A A Reporter: Associated Press Email

united+nations4.jpg

VIENNA (AP) -- The head of the U.N. drug watchdog agency is urging U.S. federal officials to challenge ballot measures in Colorado and Washington that decriminalized possession of small amounts of marijuana for adults 21 and over.

Raymond Yans says the approvals send "a wrong message to the rest of the nation and it sends a wrong message abroad."

Yans heads the International Narcotics Control Board. He told The Associated Press on Tuesday he hopes Attorney General Eric Holder "will take all the necessary measures" to ensure that marijuana possession and use remains illegal throughout the U.S.

Both states are holding off on plans to regulate and tax the drug while waiting to see whether the Justice Department will assert federal authority over drug law.

The INCB has no enforcement ability.

The UN is sending the wrong message to this country and to other nations that it has any kind of right to comment on the laws passed by individual States within the United States of America. Raymond Yans need to back the duck up and and then stfu about any kind of measures to do anything regarding any law passed by the State.

How can the Justice Department assert federal authority? I understand it does, just wondering if any state has ever actually challenged the assertion by way of laws that actually exist, or do they just walk into a vacuum that no one challenges? I personally don't give a rat's back about the legality of pot smoking... and stand on principle alone.

The UN does NOT belong in any kind of commentary regarding the laws of individual states.

Apart from that, is this nimrod making the recommendation of keeping it illegal based upon any kind of research (don't know either way) or is he just parroting the politically correct position about how he thinks citizens of the United States should be living. Is he by any chance a resident of one of these States. If so, I suggest he stfu and start walking door to door preaching his message in an attempt to put another vote on the ballot...

And understood that the INCB has no authority, however that is a mere pen stroke away from putting the Blue Helmets on this one.... and on our soil.....

• Upvote 3

Marijuana use is far more widespread, across the total spectrum of society, than you will ever find revealed. Regardless of what you might hear, it is far less harmful than the public is lead to believe. There is far more money to be made in keeping cannabis illegal, and keeping the law enforcement and corrections industries in business.

This is no big news...just google around and see what companies make campaign donations. Who gets upset about job security when marijuana laws go soft. Who gets the bribe money.

Some folks might be appalled to learn the truth about drug laws in America, and how they are manipulated because they want others to believe them good. Meantime, while there's a whole lot of self-righteous people honking their horns...they are blind to the billion-dollar underground economy that they encourage. The gangs and cartels they support. The destruction of families, lives, and reputations.

The basic reason for drug control is good on it's face, but is sadly lacking in common sense.

• Upvote 7

If the DOJ backs the UN in this case that should be the "writing on the wall" for those of you who are stubborn ;)

Honestly guys what would happen if they did follow the UN...I don't think a damn thing would happen...smart play by the UN and DOJ for using something like the decriminalization of an "evil" drug to allow the UN inside. Think about it, how many people are ate up over the legalization of marijuana, some of you I'm sure, as long as the people are divided anyone can come in and make change. Make peace not war.

If the DOJ backs the UN in this case that should be the "writing on the wall" for those of you who are stubborn ;)/>

Honestly guys what would happen if they did follow the UN...I don't think a damn thing would happen...smart play by the UN and DOJ for using something like the decriminalization of an "evil" drug to allow the UN inside. Think about it, how many people are ate up over the legalization of marijuana, some of you I'm sure, as long as the people are divided anyone can come in and make change. Make peace not war.

Your right Brandy Clark

The post above this reply show divide and conquer

The issue here is not pot or booze legal or not

It is about Americas No# 1 enemy the UN sticking it's nose in our affairs.

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

If the DOJ backs the UN in this case that should be the "writing on the wall" for those of you who are stubborn ;)/>/>

Not many people see the bigger picture Brandy, I get sick of talking about it because people won't listen. You don't have to take it from me. The Vatican, and the Crown OWN ALL the Bansters, the FED, the IMF, the IRS, the Court system, Social Security, etc... and yes, even the U.S.CORPORATION. through the NORTHERN TRUST and the VIRGINIA COMPANY.

They, in their scheme have led us to Feel as if we were Free, all the time raping this Country for everything it's worth. The U.N. is their "World Government". As far as the Pot issue goes, who knows what the vote REALLY was in those two States? If you can believe California shot down the Organic Labeling issue, which was ONLY Labeling and not telling some Company to change the way it does business. Something is very suspect there!

I say lets roll back the Presidential election which was clearly a fraud, but then again the U.N. would never call for that because they're the ones that "Installed" Barry S., Their boy. Of course if something had gone wrong then the GOP's liberal candidate would suffice for now. The U.N could really give two sh*&^ts about the Pot issue, it's just their scheme to keep Americans bickering about a non issue while they continue to pillage and plunder. :twocents:/>

• Upvote 1

REally Tiger stripes ...you post a link with with iraq and lybia as top gun holders .. do I really need to pronouce the words to you ..RESPONSIBLE gun owners ..jesus man ..

and then you deny race bating , but put the spokes woman for Obama phone as a link wich has the head lines ..is this racist ?..lol ..unreal..

if the trevon martin ,,ordeal did not show you race bating in this country ..you need to wake up..

hey .. not sure if you were aware ...but guess what ..goldman sachs ..had campaign contributions to both parties .. ...i would post a link to pretend that im smart ..like some people on here ..im sure if you google it you can find a million links ..

and as far as the U.N. agenda ..its called agenda 21 .. it requires some big boy reading ..so im not sure how your going to make out on that ..

and questioning core conservative values because of your atheism..well guess what ..its just the blueprint for the consitution .and you know what else ... the founding fathers who wrote the constitution.....wait ..ready for it ............they were christians .. imagine that ..people today ..who want follow what our ancesters died for , so we can enjoy our freedoms today...thats got to be right wing crazy ? right..

But , in retrospect..you have no problems crying about *** marriage ..thinking its some governemnt rite or something ..but guess where marriage originated from in our country ......ill let you answer that..

You know its a shame ..i posted my thoughts on ,forces that exist out of this nation trying to influence america on how we conduct our internal governing ..and you add nothing to this thread but trying to dismantle every sentence i posted and discredit ..what the true issue is , That the U.N. is trying highjack our country ...

And for the record ..because you obviously like to stereotype ..marijuana ..should be legal and should of been a long time ago ...the war on drugs in this country is the biggest scam ever..

the propaganda campaign that they made kids watch in school in the 50s is testament to the ignorance on this subject in our country for a long time ..our pal jon jon here is a victim to that ....

But the most curious thing I have to say is , in your header on your avatar you seem to talk about the NWO .lke its cute or something ..anybody with knowlodge in this subject would know everything i have just stated to be truth ..so my question is ..why are you not aware?

• Upvote 2

REally Tiger stripes ...you post a link with with iraq and lybia as top gun holders .. do I really need to pronouce the words to you ..RESPONSIBLE gun owners ..jesus man ..

If you make a statement, then yes, you should be specific.

My question still stands though. "What percentage of the population needs to be armed, for the citizenship to be considered "armed"?

And by the way, can you provide evidence to show that all gun owners in the US are "responsible"?

and then you deny race bating , but put the spokes woman for Obama Reagan phone as a link wich has the head lines ..is this racist ?..lol ..unreal..

if the trevon martin ,,ordeal did not show you race bating in this country ..you need to wake up..

Fixed that for you........again. The point of posting that link was not do with racism, but to highlight the fact that it was originally Reagan who introduced the policy. Without having inside knowledge of the program, I would take a guess that it is now cheaper to supply mobile phones than it is to hook up and maintain fixed line telephones. So, on that basis, it's probably a good idea to supply mobile phones.

hey .. not sure if you were aware ...but guess what ..goldman sachs ..had campaign contributions to both parties .. ...i would post a link to pretend that im smart ..like some people on here ..im sure if you google it you can find a million links ..

Correct. Although there is a significant difference in the amount they donate to the respective parties. Interestingly, Goldman donated more than 1 million dollars to Obama's campaign in 2008.

Regardless, I think business donations to any party is ridiculous.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contrib.php?id=N00000286

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contrib.php?id=N00009638

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php?cycle=2008&cid=N00009638

http://www.businessinsider.com/goldman-sachs-political-donations-2012-10

and as far as the U.N. agenda ..its called agenda 21 .. it requires some big boy reading ..so im not sure how your going to make out on that ..

Agenda 21 (non-binding, voluntary action plan) was implemented at the UN Summit in Rio in................1992!

Must be a slow burn on that plan!

Of course, you may think that the UN has an insidious world domination plan based on bike lanes and curly light bulbs.......but I'm not so sure.

and questioning core conservative values because of your atheism..well guess what ..its just the blueprint for the consitution .and you know what else ... the founding fathers who wrote the constitution.....wait ..ready for it ............they were christians .. imagine that ..people today ..who want follow what our ancesters died for , so we can enjoy our freedoms today...thats got to be right wing crazy ? right..

Back to the core conservative values again. Which are.......??????

In your original post you said that we know how corrupt republicans are. So, does that mean that the core, conservative values they hold should not be valued so highly. Or does it mean that the republican party has currently strayed from the core, conservative values? If they have strayed, why on earth you would want to vote for a party that no longer holds its core, conservative values??????

But , in retrospect..you have no problems crying about *** marriage ..thinking its some governemnt rite or something ..but guess where marriage originated from in our country ......ill let you answer that..

I don't recall bring up marriage rights. I will have a go at your question though. I would assume marriage in the US originated from the common law practice in England at the time. That would be marriages between colonials. Of the native american marriage history, I'm not sure.

You know its a shame ..i posted my thoughts on ,forces that exist out of this nation trying to influence america on how we conduct our internal governing ..and you add nothing to this thread but trying to dismantle every sentence i posted and discredit ..what the true issue is , That the U.N. is trying highjack our country ...

And back we go to the UN trying to hijack your country.

Any examples other than Agenda 21, which, as I said above, doesn't seem to be a particularly rapid or efficient method of hijacking. (Given that it's voluntary and non binding and all that)

And for the record ..because you obviously like to stereotype ..marijuana ..should be legal and should of been a long time ago ...the war on drugs in this country is the biggest scam ever..

the propaganda campaign that they made kids watch in school in the 50s is testament to the ignorance on this subject in our country for a long time ..our pal jon jon here is a victim to that ....

Agreed! At last!

But the most curious thing I have to say is , in your header on your avatar you seem to talk about the NWO .lke its cute or something ..anybody with knowlodge in this subject would know everything i have just stated to be truth ..so my question is ..why are you not aware?

I would have thought that it would be fairly obvious from the fact that I have a corner office in the NWO Towers that I (we) are aware of everything that's happening.

And by the way, if you think that us guys in the NWO are gonna let the UN take over the world, you got another thing coming... wink.gif

So all drinkers smoke weed and vice versa is what you're saying?

And by that logic, all drinkers voted for Obama? I'm not sure what your point is?

No, I miss spoke.

Drunks are drunks and drug addicts are drug addicts, being a drunk doesn’t make someone a drug addict and being a drug addict doesn’t make some one a drunk.

Being proud of being either is a liberal concept.

No, I miss spoke.

Drunks are drunks and drug addicts are drug addicts, being a drunk doesn’t make someone a drug addict and being a drug addict doesn’t make some one a drunk.

Being proud of being either is a liberal concept.

It's all seems a little judgmental. If you're a drunk on your own time, at home, harming nobody, who are you too judge? Same for a pothead? Which are both no different than a person eating processed and fast food too much or smokes cigarettes. Every instance, were all killing ourselves slowly, so to randomly pick which ways are ok is just being brainwashed by our govt telling your which is ok or isn't. Live by moral or immoral, not legal or illegal just because some random politician says so. That's being a sheep IMO.