Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

One Special Thanksgiving

Heavyduty053

On the night before Thanksgiving Day, Sharon had gotten sleepy a little earlier than usual and told her husband that she was going to bed because she had to get up early and start perparing the Turkey for their Thanksgivng dinner. Don her husband said he would finsh the chapter he was reading and be right on up. It was such a cold night and the wind was blowing pretty good whipping the rain against the window pains. He read a few more paragraphs and he heard a small pecking sound on the front door. He thought who in the world would be knocking at this hour, they were expecting no one. Then he thought well maybe its the wind somehow or the rain making some noise so he went back to reading. The small little pecking came again and he thought well if its someone at the door, all our lights are dim enough so maybe they will go away, but after a few seconds something inside of him overrode his senses and told him to go open the door. Don slowly and reluctingly opened the door and at first glance there was no one but then he looked down and there stood a little boy about 5 years old.

The little boy was soaking wet, shivering, and had on just a pair of jeans, some worn out tennis shoes and what used to be a white T-shirt not to mention that he probably hadn't had a bath in weeks. Don ask the boy what he was doing out in the rain and cold after dark and where was his parents. Don sensed that his blunt questions was upsetting the little boy so he said why don't you come in out of the cold. Don smiled at the little boy who looked like he was about to burst into tears any second. Finally after a bit of silence the little boy said i am very hungery can i have something to eat. Don made the boy a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a cold glass of milk which brought a little smile to his face. Don sat there while the little boy was eating that sandwich like someone was about to take it away from him. While the little boy was eating Don excused himself and slipped upstairs to where Sharon was almost a sleep and rushed in and sat on the bed a shook Sharon and said, "Honey you will never guess what just happened" he went on to explain it to Sharon and said we must call our friend at the Police dept to see where this little fellow came from. Don said will you go down and sit with him while i make the call. Sharon went down and looked at the little boy and couldn't believe her eyes, such a beautiful little boy with an angel face beneath all the filth. Sharon never got to be a mom because of her health problems in early years so she was very kind to kids. Sharon face just lit up as she walked over to the little boy and started talking to him.

After a second the little boy smiled and started talking to her just like she was his own mom. He said his name was John and his mom and dad told him to come over there before they left him by himself. He was 6 years old and looked at Sharon with those pretty blue eyes and said with a whemper why would my mom and dad not want me, they said i couldn't live there with them any more. Am i a bad little boy. By this time tears were welling up in Sharons eyes and she tried to hide them. Don came back down and said his friend at the Police Dept said they had no where to put the boy this late and he subjusted that they let him stay there for Thanksgiving because there was no one looking for him. Don and Sharon gave him a bath, washed his cloths and fixed him a bed in the spare bed room. They both knew this little boy really needed someone right now. Sharon layed on the bed with him and told him stories until he fell asleep. Sharon couldn't help but weep a little for this little angel as his arms were wrapped around Sharon's arm and it brought thoughts of why couldn't he be mine.

Sharon returned to the bedroom and climbed into bed beside Don and said, "Oh sweetheart this is going to be the best Thanksgiving ever." After the dinner was over and the little boy just made himself at home asking all kinds of questions and talking up a storm the phone rang. Don answered and it was his friend from the Police Dept. He told Don that they picked up a man and woman earlier before Thanksgiving on Drug charges, both were high and the Detectives ask did they have any children and they said yes but they didn't know where they had left him. His friend told Don that they would be in jail for a long time.

The happy ending to this story which started out so sad was that Don and Sharon got the right to adopt John and he because their own. Twenty five years later John was sharing this story with his own children, Don and Sharon's grandchildren as they sat down at the table for Thanksgiving Dinner at Grandma's and grandpa's. All of this because of one mistake by one and the blessed event of another. All of John's Thanksgivings were special and he loved Don and Sharon as his mom and dad.

• Upvote 7

Heavy, your stories are awe-inspiring to me. I love reading and searching for them on the days that are over whelming. They bring calmness to my surroundings.

Thank you for taking the time every week to present us with your special stories.

May you and your family have a Blessed Thanksgiving.

• Upvote 2

TO EVERY ONE WHO IS PART OF THE DV family-- I WISH YOU A HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND TAKE JUST A FEW MINUTES TO BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT GOD HAS SO GENEROUSLY BLESSED US WITH.

Thanks HD...Its a sad one for me...but I'll muddle through.

Out of adversity comes opportunity

And bless you too buddy.

And bless you too buddy.

cris God knows your sorrows and will lift you up and bring peace as time goes on, lean on him in your times of need...... God bless you buddy and have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.

• Upvote 3

And bless you too buddy.

Thanks Heavy, your articles represent your name to a Tee, and I Thank you for that..wow...and cris my friend your not alone, I'm right beside you bro..so I'll muddle it with ya..Happy Thanksgiving DV, count your Blessing one by one!!

• Upvote 3

Thanks Heavy, your articles represent your name to a Tee, and I Thank you for that..wow...and cris my friend your not alone, I'm right beside you bro..so I'll muddle it with ya..Happy Thanksgiving DV, count your Blessing one by one!!

Yota you have a wonderful thanksgiving, try not to eat to much and may the lord our God share his many blessings with you now and in years to come.

• Upvote 2

Yota you have a wonderful thanksgiving, try not to eat to much and may the lord our God share his many blessings with you now and in years to come.

Heavy honesty to goodness, I had no plans as of this morning for any kind of Feast..By 330 pm I've had 3 calls to attend dinner..First one is at 12 the second one is at 2 and the third is around 6..Heck I'm stuff just thinking about it..and I wanna wish you and everybody at DV and your Family, A Happy Thanksgiving..God Bless everyone and may He always receive the Praise..

TO EVERY ONE WHO IS PART OF THE DV family-- I WISH YOU A HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND TAKE JUST A FEW MINUTES TO BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT GOD HAS SO GENEROUSLY BLESSED US WITH.

Hello Heavy Duty - Nice to meet you - I like your name - it fits you well & especially with the story - What a way to be reminded of how our aches and pains and discomforts can pale in comparison to what another person is carrying -

I don't know you or the adversities you have experienced but I do know of the pain one can endure from tragedies - losses - etc -- I am definitely no stranger to pain - Fear - grief and sadness have had frequent long visits with me --

Fear as well as grief & sadness can have real physical crippling affects - Just take a closer look at those affected by Hurricane Sandy -- my heart still aches for them -- It is not difficult for me at all to be ever so grateful for what I have- for where I am and from where I came -

I am looking forward to reading more of your thought provoking warm-hearted stories - We all have a special story within us and is to be shared maybe just when the heart is touched and the timing is just right --

Thank you for being who you are and being the instrument to bring forth stories that have the "Heavy Duty Impact"

((((HUGS)))) You R Special and I am UNEEK

Edited by UNEEK