Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Animal Rights Group Flying Camera Shot Down

krome2ez

Flying Camera From Animal Rights Group

Shot Down at Pigeon Shoot

By David Chang | Monday, Nov 19, 2012 | Updated 4:38 PM EST

Animal rights group SHARK says they were using a remote controlled drone to film a live pigeon shoot, when someone at a Berks County hunting club shot the device down. NBC10's Doug Shimell.

Flying Camera From Animal Rights Group Shot...

Police are investigating an incident at a Berks County hunting club in which someone on the hunting grounds allegedly targeted a mechanical flying object rather than a living and breathing one.

SHowing Animals Respect and Kindness (SHARK) are in the midst of a campaign against the Wing Pointe commercial hunting grounds in Hamburg, Berks County and its live pigeon shoots in which the birds are shot down. SHARK began to use an “Octocopter,” a remote controlled flying machine with a high tech video camera, to secretly record the pigeon shoots as they happen.

Destroyed-Camera.jpg

"The pigeon shooters are basically going into hiding," said Steve Hindi, president of SHARK. "So they're using a ring that's up a hill and completely surrounded by trees. So the only way you can get to it is through the air."

The drone, nicknamed “Angel,” was recording a live pigeon shoot on Sunday around 3 p.m. when investigators say it was suddenly struck by gunfire.

Credit: SHARK

Pigeon-Shoot-Embed.jpg

SHARK claimed “a single sharp rifle crack rang out,” in a press release sent out on Monday. The group says the camera’s video feed was terminated and the drone went out of control before it was manually brought down. The gunshot caused around $4,000 in damage to the camera, according to SHARK.

State Police are investigating the incident. SHARK claims this is the fourth time the drone has been shot at while trying to spy on what they claim are inhumane pigeon shoots.

"When they do this, it only makes us more determined," said Hindi. "We are going to see these pigeon shoots stopped."

NBC10 is currently trying to contact Wing Pointe for comment and are waiting for a response. NBC10 also spoke with the Berks County's District Attorney. He told us the pigeon shoots are legal and that he also wants to find a way to put a stop to what he considers a "potentially deadly cat and mouse game" between SHARK and Wing Pointe.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Flying-Camera-From-Animal-Rights-Group-Shot-Down-at-Pigeon-Shoot-Cops-179983451.html?dr

I wonder why the police are not investigating the animal rights group

for invasion of privacy or tresspassing. <_</>

• Upvote 5

***///

oopsy daisy, so sorry, thought it was a bird! laugh.gif

If the gubment owns all the airspace, minerals, ore & water in this here country,

how come they ain't puttin' these nut jobs in jail for using their airspace without a license? huh.gif

Then they would have to jail the surviving pigeons (if any are so lucky) for using the same airspace, assuming said pigeons didn't obtain the proper permits, as well. Come on Gals.....think it through. You're better than that. biggrin.gif

GO RV, then BV

Another dumbace with a gun! What if he missed where would that bullet come down at?

This is why your guns are going to go bye bye.And I will laugh so hard when all you have

left to shoot off is your angry mouths.

A gun is just a extension for a part of the male anatomy that started with to short of barrel. :lol:

Now its ok to own the old type of guns you know a roll of red caps that pop and you get a plastic holster

and a sheriffs badge to go with it so you can feel like the lone ranger again.

Bunch of physco's shooting pigeons that arnt that good to eat.

Next time they send it up let me equip that drone with a rifle with a futaba servo mounted on the

trigger and a camera behind the scope.They wont do it again.killing innocent birdies shame shame shame

why kill the first form of communication?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 14

Another dumbace with a gun! What if he missed where would that bullet come down at?

This is why your guns are going to go bye bye.And I will laugh so hard when all you have

A gun is just a extension for a part of the male anatomy that started with to short of barrel. :lol:/>

Now its ok to own the old type of guns you know a roll of red caps that pop and you get a plastic holster

Next time they send it up let me equip that drone with a rifle with a futaba servo mounted on the

trigger and a camera behind the scope.They wont do it again.killing innocent birdies shame shame shame

THey were at a shooting range...doubtful the bullet would of "come down " on anything it should not of

• Upvote 3

PULL biggrin.gif

GO RV, then BV

ROFL No doubt!!

A gun is just a extension for a part of the male anatomy that started with to short of barrel. :lol:/>

Ya, we'd be worried about you PG with your robotic gun, actually kind of what I had you figured for, (hiding behind a computer screen, that'd be the extent of your combat skills), but judging by some of your posts we wouldn't have to worry as odds are you have no clue which end the bullet comes out of and would all be laughing when you shot yourself down. :P Personally I'd much rather get shot then stabbed, clubbed, or beaten to death. Spoken like a true liberal, guns will never be taken away here in the USA, it's asking for a massive uprising and the govt. knows it. Kinda back to your other post on our military, they won't turn on their own citizens and the govt. knows this as well. Several top military peeps have already stated publicly if something were to happen here they would leave the military to train civilian groups to fight the govt, taking all their good toys with them. I suppose O could bring in UN peacekeepers but they aren't really well known for shooting anything! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Here comes the big mechanical birdie... ready... aim... FIRE!!! rolleyes.gif

mhYge1Q.jpg

The Department of Natural Resources in Northern WI. tried to bait deer hunters with a mechanical deer into shooting illegally from the road instead of getting the prescribed safe distance from said road. Two bright gentleman thought they would clear up that problem for all the other local hunters. When they drove by the mechanical deer they jumped out of their car loaded down with several full clips filled with 30-06 shells. They then sprinted toward "said deer" and when they reached the safe distance from the road they "opened fired" on that hairy robot... they didn't stop shooting til they were all out of bullets. When the wardens saw what was happening they were "unable" to get the attention of these determined hunters until their poor excuse for a 4 legged fleet of foot deer gave up the ghost... they won't be using that robot to entrap any more hunters any time soon... if ever!!! rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 2

If they were shooting pigeons, I'm sure they were using shot guns and not a rifle, so the shot does not travel very far!! I'm really doubting it was a single shot from a "rifle" as the SHARK people claimed... Just Saying!!

Here comes the big mechanical birdie... ready... aim... FIRE!!! rolleyes.gif

mhYge1Q.jpg

The Department of Natural Resources in Northern WI. tried to bait deer hunters with a mechanical deer into shooting illegally from the road instead of getting the prescribed safe distance from said road. Two bright gentleman thought they would clear up that problem for all the other local hunters. When they drove by the mechanical deer they jumped out of their car loaded down with several full clips filled with 30-06 shells. They then sprinted toward "said deer" and when they reached the safe distance from the road they "opened fired" on that hairy robot... they didn't stop shooting til they were all out of bullets. When the wardens saw what was happening they were "unable" to get the attention of these determined hunters until their poor excuse for a 4 legged fleet of foot deer gave up the ghost... they won't be using that robot to entrap any more hunters any time soon... if ever!!! rolleyes.gif

ROFL that's the gun my kids use for shooting clays, here is mine buddy! :lol:/> :lol:/> :lol:/> You can never have to much ammo or to big a gun! :D/>

Here is another one you guys will love of me shooting clays at the range totally awesome, not me LOL, wish I could shoot like that!

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 1

A gun is just a extension for a part of the male anatomy that started with to short of barrel. :lol:/>/>/>/>

You know a little bit of common sense and knowledge goes a long way in this world.

You seem to be lacking both.

# 1 It's called Squab has been hunted and eaten for century's so has dove it's biblical

Some of us would prefer to eat food that God gives us rather then the steroid fed chickens you seem to think

is more humane.

#2 You do not bring bullets to a pigeon shoot you take shot gun shell's filled with bird shot

has a effective range 30 or 40 yards

As for the area they were shooting in it was not to hide from dummy's

You use hills as backstops to stop pellets that might keep flying a little longer then intended

Shooters call this common sense.

When you have a pigeon or dove shoot you try and find a bowl to shoot in because you can't program where the bird is going fly.

And if you look at the pictures you should see it was hit with a shotgun not a bullet

Which means that your little heroes were in way to close and in the fire zone.

Now the shot-gunner has to lock on to flying birds those were not under control they fly which ever way they want to

you have 5 to 8 seconds to find,track and shoot the bird.

Summery: Your friends had control of their bird they chose to go into a fire zone.

If your friends were in the fire zone they were there to be seen to harass and intimidate

to try and stop this hunt. If this was privet property they were trespassing.

So the way I look at they broke the law tried to harass and intimidate

And brought a toy to a gun fight :lol:/>/>/> :lol:/>/>/> :lol:/>/>/> :lol:/>/>/>

Think about this if people didn't organize hunts like these where it keeps every one in one location under a controlled environment we could be stomping in the woods near you.

Like I said a little bit of knowledge and a little common sense goes a long way

You ought to try some .Might even make you change your political party

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

• Upvote 7

You know a little bit of common sense and knowledge goes a long way in this world.

You seem to be lacking both.

# 1 It's called Squab has been hunted and eaten for century's so has dove it's biblical

Some of us would prefer to eat food that God gives us rather then the steroid fed chickens you seem to think

is more humane.

#2 You do not bring bullets to a pigeon shoot you take shot gun shell's filled with bird shot

has a effective range 30 or 40 yards

As for the area they were shooting in it was not to hide from dummy's

You use hills as backstops to stop pellets that might keep flying a little longer then intended

Shooters call this common sense.

When you have a pigeon or dove shoot you try and find a bowl to shoot in because you can't program where the bird is going fly.

And if you look at the pictures you should see it was hit with a shotgun not a bullet

Which means that your little heroes were in way to close and in the fire zone.

Now the shot-gunner has to lock on to flying birds those were not under control they fly which ever way they want to

you have 5 to 8 seconds to find,track and shoot the bird.

Summery: Your friends had control of their bird they chose to go into a fire zone.

If your friends were in the fire zone they were there to be seen to harass and intimidate

to try and stop this hunt. If this was privet property they were trespassing.

So the way I look at they broke the law tried to harass and intimidate

And brought a toy to a gun fight :lol:/>/>/>/> :lol:/>/>/>/> :lol:/>/>/>/> :lol:/>/>/>/>

Think about this if people didn't organize hunts like these where it keeps every one in one location under a controlled environment we could be stomping in the woods near you.

Like I said a little bit of knowledge and a little common sense goes a long way

You ought to try some .Might even make you change your political party

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

Excellent response.

But I'm afraid that no one will ever get through to someone that ignorant.

• Upvote 3

Sir your words is a gathering of usless and meaningless BS. If you can't bring a responsible argument to the table then you need to sit at the kiddy table. These hunts are legal and serves a purpose, these hunts are NOT organized to kill and kill and kill a animal into extinction but to control its population, to stop the spread of disease from it's droppings. You say that you will be laughing when all of the guns are gone, think again, the balance of power between the common citizen and a muder, thief, rapist, kidnapper, or who ever from breaking down your door is that he does not know if you have a gun or not... If guns are outlawed then only outlaws will have guns and a base ball bat will not stop this type of person from doing you or your family harm...I can promise you that if more law biding citizens carried a gun in the open then your crime will go away, store robberies, bank robberies, abduction, rape, murder, this makes it very hard for a criminal to do anything without haveing to worry about coming accross a peace loving law abiding citizen who just may end his life for doing someting terrible. Just saying...have a good day sir from a gun toting law abiding Texan...

• Upvote 5

Don't go and try and burden yourself with any facts before you make an opinion huh??

ROFL that's the gun my kids use for shooting clays, here is mine buddy! laugh.gif/> laugh.gif/> laugh.gif/> You can never have to much ammo or to big a gun! biggrin.gif/>

Here is another one you guys will love of me shooting clays at the range totally awesome, not me LOL, wish I could shoot like that!

The first one was like classic.... emot-LMAO.gif

The second one was like....emot-eek.gif .... unbelievable!!!!th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Thanks for sharing those DiveDeepSix!!!wink.gif

Thanks for your knowledgeable and informative response Sentinel... I learned something, but unfortunately .. common sense is lacking in some responses around here... if ya know what I mean!!! wink.gif

A gun is just a extension for a part of the male anatomy that started with to short of barrel. :lol:src="http://dinarvets.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif">

and what will you do when they take away whatever drugs it is you are on?

• Upvote 2