Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Whats the best place to move after an RV?

new york kevin

http://internationalliving.com/

I've done a bit of research through this website. - International Living dot com, if that link gets jacked up. It's not terribly in-depth, but it'll give you some ideas of where you might want to move. There's a little quiz you can take - it might help you get started.

Also, I've sought high and low for some kind of consultant who knows enough about countries to recommend which would best suit me, post RV. I'd pay good money for a personal recommendation. But I've not been able to find anyone qualified.

Does anybody have any ideas about that?

Costa Rica is a beautiful country, I have been there. I have no plans to leave the US. I'm off to Colorado with or without an RV. I'm waiting for my son to graduate from High School and make his College plans.

I would never live in costa rica i actually know a friend that lives there he moved and said its not what its all cracked up to be and the natives and thugs target westerners that come to their country to live. Be careful whenever moving to south america if you are from the U.S. Costa rica is beautiful and tropical but make no mistake about ti it certainly has its downfalls its not like the U.S at all its still a third world country at best. I would glady have a vacation home in hawaii if this were to hit at a decent rate other than that im staying in cali born and raised just moving to another city and a very nice neighborhood is all.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 6

I would never live in costa rica i actually know a friend that lives there he moved and said its not what its all cracked up to be and the natives and thugs target westerners that come to their country to live. Be careful whenever moving to south america if you are from the U.S. Costa rica is beautiful and tropical but make no mistake about ti it certainly has its downfalls its not like the U.S at all its still a third world country at best. I would glady have a vacation home in hawaii if this were to hit at a decent rate other than that im staying in cali born and raised just moving to another city and a very nice neighborhood is all.

Costa Rica and Belize are beautiful countries to visit. Mexico is too. I have spent a lot of time in Mexico. I used to travel through Mexico by bus in the 80's. There are some remote beaches and really nice people that I will never forget. It's unfortunate that the Mexican Drug Cartel has ruined Mexico's tourism. I will never step foot in Mexico, again. I plan to hang out in the US or Europe. Central America is not on my radar, for safety reasons.

• Upvote 4

Where is the best place to live after an RV, tax, cost of living & weather wise. Not to hot and no more cold than necessary. Just thinking about managing the money after we get some.

Belize looks like a great place to live.

Great place to invest in land and realestate also.

Crime rate is very low.

• Upvote 1

I hear you all on staying in the US as a rule. So where in the US would be the best place to live. Somewhere low in taxes, though the fed tax rate will be the same in all states. Mild to warm in temperature, cuz I don't want frozen winters anymore. Good medical systems. Nice places to shop and eat. Features like that. I don't wanna stay in California cuz they literally have the highest state taxes in the 50 states, or at least they are in the top 3.

• Upvote 3

Belize looks like a great place to live.

Great place to invest in land and realestate also.

Crime rate is very low.

Move to Belize and report back to the members. I guarantee you that Belize is not all it's cracked up to be.

I hear you all on staying in the US as a rule. So where in the US would be the best place to live. Somewhere low in taxes, though the fed tax rate will be the same in all states. Mild to warm in temperature, cuz I don't want frozen winters anymore. Good medical systems. Nice places to shop and eat. Features like that.

Sante Fe, New Mexico is an interesting town to consider. Check it out.

• Upvote 1

I hear you all on staying in the US as a rule. So where in the US would be the best place to live. Somewhere low in taxes, though the fed tax rate will be the same in all states. Mild to warm in temperature, cuz I don't want frozen winters anymore. Good medical systems. Nice places to shop and eat. Features like that. I don't wanna stay in California cuz they literally have the highest state taxes in the 50 states, or at least they are in the top 3.

In the continental US...I like where Im at in N. Arizona

But if I was moving somewhere else the States of Texas, Georgia,

Florida, & S. Carolina look good to me...

Especially Florida & Texas for access to boating in the Gulf of Mexico.

• Upvote 3

Cris, Florida and South Carolina sound pretty good. Texas can be awful humid and the Mrs won't go for that. I also dig the idea about the gulf access, or at least the Atlantic.

I agree on the humidity...Unless you're on the coast

The mountains of Georgia and S. Carolina are beautiful...

but the Gulf Coasts of Florida are my favorite...The boating

is great, the fishing awesome, and the little deserted tropical

islands cant be beat.....They are just out there waiting to

be anchored to

• Upvote 2

That's funny Easy, I lived there for a year and have been many times..I never EVER saw or had any problems. There are some problems with drugs in the main city of San Jose, or on the underdeveloped Carribean side...overall in CR the crime is WAY less than that of even our suburbs here. On top of that, the people are some of the nicest, most giving people I've ever encountered, and I have traveled the better part of the world and interacted with many different cultures....your friend must have seen a few isolated incidents and made his judgement from that..I hope he was never a target of anything bad. I still have several friends from the US that have been living down there over 10 years, and they say they are never coming back. They have nothing but good things to say about it. I saw more crackheads, tweakers and dirtbags when I was in Hawaii than I ever did in CR....

• Upvote 3

I know a good place to live:Any Country Obama lives in.The money is free,Food is free,

You dont have to work,Medical care is free,You dont have to pay your fair share in taxes.

Its leagl to smoke weed,sexual preferance does not discriminate,Everyone is created as equals,

You can get a abortion when ever you want.The climate varies,Free HUD housing for all,

You dont have to worry about a constitution just do your own thang.

Thats why its the land of the FREE home of the Lib! ah I just love republican money to spend!

Everything is handed to you on a silver platter,When I cash in my money it goes into a long term

mutual fund and let my kids collect it later and then LIVE off republican money for free ah thats the life for me!

The only draw back is you have to listen to republicans biatch about having to pay for it.

What a beautiful country! :)

Would'nt you agree? :angry: to bad get over it.

All post by Power Generation are way left wing extreme and should not be read by anyone

PG is sorry for slapping the hornets nest with a Boat Paddle.

and PG is a sorrysunbiatch and is sorry to all for living.

My post are not worth reading.And should'nt be read unless you want the truth.

Hug a tree espescially if it has a knot hole waist high! :lol::lol:

any questions? Its the perfect place then. :o so why leave? :D

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

Do some research, buy yousrself a used motor home and go see for yourself. After you find that spot you can always sell or keep the RV

• Upvote 5

***///

In the U.S. :

All things considered, environmental (storms, quakes, tornadoes, etc.),

survivable weather conditions (i.e. no harsh winters), potable water, food, population...

a small county in the Florida Panhandle in the Alabama / Georgia area.

Guy made a map, taking everything into consideration, narrowing survival down based on many

perameters, and that's what he came up with.

Its on the u-tube somewhere.

Sounds good to us. ;)

• Upvote 2

***///

As far as financially...?

No place on this earth.

As long as the fed, central banks, illuminati, bilderburgs,

rothschilds exist on this planet -- seriously - unless you're on of THEM,

there is no place safe from these thieves.

No place. dry.gif

They don't want to live in my hood chickies. We have rules, ie....mow your lawn, pick up the dog pooh, no leaf burning, fence can't be too high, shovel the walk, salt the walk, sweep the walk, no toe stubbers in the walk....That damn walk will be the end of me. So, in closing, none of those cats want to live in my hood. However, they are welcome to visit...I can drink with anyone. biggrin.gif

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2

***///

Sounds like you & The Hound need a Giant Hamster Wheel in the house! :lol:

or move to the bush!

Here in this 'gated community' the same rules apply.

Can't even change the colour of the front door w/o risking a fine! :angry:

Which is why we run off to the jungles of LatAm or the remoteness of

the missile silo periodically - helps keep perspective & REAL sense of Freedom. ;)

• Upvote 3

***///

Sounds like you & The Hound need a Giant Hamster Wheel in the house! laugh.gif

or move to the bush!

Here in this 'gated community' the same rules apply.

Can't even change the colour of the front door w/o risking a fine! angry.gif

Which is why we run off to the jungles of LatAm or the remoteness of

the missile silo periodically - helps keep perspective & REAL sense of Freedom. wink.gif

So you're telling me....in Latin America you are free to grow your jungle in any fashion you like? huh.gif How bizarre. I did see Mosquito Coast years ago, and if Indy couldn't handle it, I have no hope.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2