Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Looking to moving to Texas

DinarWhiz

Sugarland is southwest of Houston in Ft. Bend county. It's a great area and growing. If you want to live near there in an upscale area look into "Greatwood". It's just a little south of Sugarland. It has a great golf course. Although, Sugarland has plenty of very nice subdivisions, schools and other golf courses. As mentioned above, traffic into Houston is bad during rush hour, a.m. & p.m. but not very far away. Really a nice place to live and very affordable.

Edited by DinarMillionaire
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thank you everybody. So yes I have applications in now . Looking forward to not as much snow if any. It shows a lower cost of living than up here in Harrisburg Pa area. I am really concerned about the schools . This is why I am leaning towards SugarLand. Also looks like they have a great community atmosphere. I will be looking at a house in the 250,000. range there. Again thanks so much for the info.Also I like the fact its near the beach:)

• Upvote 1

Thank you everybody. So yes I have applications in now . Looking forward to not as much snow if any. It shows a lower cost of living than up here in Harrisburg Pa area. I am really concerned about the schools . This is why I am leaning towards SugarLand. Also looks like they have a great community atmosphere. I will be looking at a house in the 250,000. range there. Again thanks so much for the info.Also I like the fact its near the beach:)

Sorry you cant call it a beach... It is dirty of course I lived in FL for 25 years..

Love Texas for the attitude and people but the downside is the weather (just stiffling in Summer which lasts about 6 months a year) also the city has attracted a ton of people. Like 6500 people a day are moving in. Has caused crime to go up and finding housing is a challenge.

I was born and raised in TX but lived in FL for a long time. Moved back to be close to family otherwise I would not be living here.

Thanks everyone, Im looking at the Plano/Mckinney area, anybody know anything about that?

McKinney being north of Plano, I would suggest it. Depends on your likes. I prefer the country, so I would look at surrounding areas north of Plano. It's not a bad drive in that area. That whole area has been growing. I have cousins that live in Aubrey and Pilot Point. I would love to live anywhere in that whole area.

I would say it depends on where you have to go to work. If you have a job in the North, close to Plano and don't mind a little drive, McKinney is nice. If your job is in the Dallas area, below 635 loop, I would stick to Plano area and not go further north. The traffic coming in on US75 (the main route) can be miserable. Plano's schools are rated very good (last time I checked) - not sure about McKinney. :twocents:/>

:rocking-chair:/>

Thanks everyone, Im looking at the Plano/Mckinney area, anybody know anything about that?

I own two properties. Abilene and Corinth...I just moved back to my Corinth place this week!!!! Just about 30 miles west of Plano and McKinney, I'm on hwy 35 your on hwy 75. I would go with McKinney...tho both are nice it's just that Plano is more trafficky...the more north you go like with McKinney the better in my opinion. I grew up in north Texas (tioga) lot of open space in Collin county (McKinney) and Grayson county and Cooke county....whAtever you decide stay away from hwy 35 the corridor is ate up...i don't think 75 is bad when comparing to 35N, caveat anything north of Denton on 35 is good when talking traffic and land. Same with 75 and McKinney.

You already have a job here or you just looking to move...

Anywho good luck to you...oh yea little elm lake is pretty nice too...you'll see me at sneaky petes live music and beer ;)

I would choose Allen if I was you. It's right in the middle of McKinney and Plano. Great schools, affordable housing and close commute into Dallas.

All you folks looking to move to Texas need to check out Tyler. Beautiful small big city. Towering pines, azaleas everywhere. Economy is good there. Everything you get in the big cities you can get in Tyler. I live south of there and go there weekly. Wife just went with the girls to eat sushi......

I am looking to move to a town called Sugarland . Does anyone have an opinion on Schools , Quality of life?? Thanks

Sugarland is one of the many suburbs of southwest Houston, about 12-15 miles from the CBD. Good schools for the most part, lots of parks, golf courses and typical subdivision amenities. Several newly developing neighborhoods with prices in the 150's to 1,000,000's. For 250K you can get a nice home +/- 3,000sf in a great community near employment centers and shopping facilities. I would probably suggest you also look in the Cinco Ranch area, west of Houston - more bang for your buck - numerous new developments and excellent schools with most within very close proximity. This area would put you closer to the Energy Corridor where most of the oil and gas and related service companies are headquartered. Traffic in the Cinco area is not quite as heavy as Sugarland.

I'm a real estate broker in Houston.....be happy to assist you find a home when you get here. Good luck on your move!

I had some business in a rural area south of Sugar Land, so I decided to stay in Sugar Land and I love the area. Very beautiful homes and subdivisions, especially the homes on the man-made lakes, they had boat docks in their backyards! Being a Northerner I have to say it was very hot and humid. I couldn't imagine living in this area without a walk-in refrigerator. I thought the folks were very warn and friendly and if I had to live in TX and Austin wasn't an option I could like Sugar Land.