Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

American Soldier

• 2 months later...

Its an oldie but a good one...

Thanks Rayzur! Great tune.

This is a solid song and done from the heart! I was fortunate enough to meet Toby and his crew during one of their many trips to Iraq. Towards the end of my second tour I and my unit survived a direct IED blast on Sept 6, our fwd op's convoy was ambushed. Rather than go into detail- I will simply assure you that it was nothin short of a miracle. Of eight "daisy-chained" subsurface charges- only two detonated. One detonated directly below my vehicle as I and seven others were lifted off the roadway and returned to the road with what remained. All survived. Having more time in EOD than I care to admit and given the considerable size of the charges set - I nor any of the others can reasonably explain it. The degree of likeliness of any of us surviving the blast is somewhere between very slim and none.

Awhile after being back stateside, I was treated to a Toby Keith concert for my birthday. I ran into his road manager while standing left of stage getting what I consider one of the coolest T-Shirts I have even seen. Later I wore it to a VIP banquet at ground Zero in New York. It reads "Never apologize for being patriotic" and displayed a red white and blue "bird" (hand sign) on the back. Toby left the stage while I spoke with one of his crew who told me" Wulf , Don't go nowhere- I'll be right back". I assured him," Come on- Toby's playing- where else would I want to be than right here"?!.

Toby returned for encore with a beautiful Red white and Blue acoustic, pointed over to me and played this song. Seconds later I was presented with a beautiful , autographed, black with pearl trim acoustic guitar. I was completely speechless.

I lost count with how many trips over to the "sand box" he and his crew have made. I know it is more than anyone else in the industry. I also know it wasn't for any other reason than to show his complete support and gratitude for all that everyone had endured and sacrificed to face what many likely will never comprehend.

If any of you have not seen him perform in concert- trust me- you couldn't be in better company.

I am up a ways in the years department, with rank sometimes comes wisdom. I can't claim to be a rocket scientist, but I believe I am wise enough to say that I could never be prouder than our younger personnel who selflessly carried out a mission on behalf of some of the most oppressed and brutalized people in history -under Saddam and his sons' former regime.

I can honestly say that throughout the country during my tours, most of which at forward operating bases- I never once heard a whine or complaint by any of our young men and women.

I consider you all heroes unequaled by any I've ever had the good fortune to know and to serve with.

Of course I know that things didn't always come off the way they had for us at that particular moment and that many ultimately sacrificed all. Those who have a true knowledge of duty and honor and what it may cost but who never lose stride doing what none else would, or could. Even now some face situations and difficulty after returning home. I hope we can extend the handshake or hug and show a grateful heart. Sometimes, it's that moment that makes all the difference.

Thank you all and Godspeed!

Hoooah!!!!

~ Wulf

"Team Infidel", FWD OPS, EOD

Many thanks to Toby Keith, Darryl Worley and the crews and the many who have shown such solid support and dedication and those who are the elite spiritual warriors.

post-39678-135934343167_thumb.jpg

post-39678-135934345621_thumb.jpg

post-39678-135934356068_thumb.jpg

post-39678-135934361182_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

Wulf -  Its good to see another "long in the tooth" military member here.  If I may say so -  Hearty welcome brother.  This from one IED survivor to another...oh - and in my opinion - you EOD are just plain Sofa King Nuts!!!  This from an Infantry platoon sergeant and former cav scout.  You guys make me look normal!

• Upvote 2