Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why don't they just float the Dinar?

make11

Why don't they just float the dinar and let the market decide its value? Ridiculous to wait for years and years for RV that never seems to come. If they would have floated, the initial value would have been low, but increased strongly due to Iraq reserves both in money and resources found in the ground...and would keep on growing and the dinar strenghtening..too much political nonsense in the picture here...Iraqi people would be in a much better position in their lives already.

• Upvote 3

Great Question! It would at least show that they are serious about doing something to raise the value of the dinar, without the overwhelming exposure/liability of everyone cashing in at a significant rate! IMO the free float makes the most sense but what do I know?

• Upvote 1

Floating the Dinar would not benefit the Iraqi people. A dinar is a dinar in Iraq. Cost of things inside of Iraq would rise with the value of the Dinar, just like it would do with an overnight RV. It also would cost folks outside Iraq more in real dollars to invest there, thus discouraging investment.

And, of course, there is the problem of Iraq being a one-trick pony economically. Iraq is a small, politically unstable country whose only significant export is oil, an unstable commodity itself. Floating the currency would be economic disaster for Iraq. It is pegged because that is the only way Iraq can maintain some stability in the value of their currency.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Why did it go from appx. 4000 to 1 for appx. 8+ years while all was in total chaos over there, then as they started stabilizing, the dinar was stuck at an artificially controlled rate...while trillions poured in over there as the infrastructure and oil developments were being put in...and now no movement anymore?...so go figure...it was rising while things were falling apart...and it's been stuck while everythings being developed and stabilized...as the world moves in...I dont know about some of you..but they are'nt snowing me on this one!...lol...

If one wants to use the theory of "following the money"...this is either it..or it's over..period!..nuff said...

• Upvote 3

Why did it go from appx. 4000 to 1 for appx. 8+ years while all was in total chaos over there, then as they started stabilizing, the dinar was stuck at an artificially controlled rate...while trillions poured in over there as the infrastructure and oil developments were being put in...and now no movement anymore?...so go figure...it was rising while things were falling apart...and it's been stuck while everythings being developed and stabilized...as the world moves in...I dont know about some of you..but they are'nt snowing me on this one!...lol...

If one wants to use the theory of "following the money"...this is either it..or it's over..period!..nuff said...

Interesting thoughts. We should also keep in mind that IQD is not an internationally tradeable currency, due to sanctions that have not been lifted.

You have to remember that also during all that time, they built up the reserves significantly that backed the dinar since Saddam spent it all.....increasing reserves = stronger dinar....

Then it seems they started the program rate when things were looking stable and they wanted to keep it that way, and keep the dinar stable so it seems they have been matching the growing money supply with reserves as of late....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

You will never know what they are doing, or will do...with the Dinar or the USD...and dont ever try and figure it out...it cant be totally figured out...if it could, none of us would need to be on here..and since none of the theories have been true or right yet, by even some of the best?...How can anyone say as a fact, what they can or cant do?....that is all B.S.!...we all just have our theories and ideas of what seemingly is possible...think about it..lol...

• Upvote 1

Again, bottom line....You will never know what they are doing...so how can we say anything as fact, or predict?...

No your right, we won't know exactly what they are gonna do till its done. But speculating on what we see doesn't look so good. And there are many things that just seem highly unlikely!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I've asked many, many top financial and banking people...(that hold dinar, as well as some that dont)...as per what else could bail out the U.S. economy...if it's not something like the dinar...(And I'm not saying for sure that this is it myself)..but they, or I, have not come up with an ANSWER as of YET...as per what ELSE it could be...if ANYONE can, then let's hear it NOW!...(Start listing below, betcha cant list even one scenario)....No one to date can name ONE single other alternative to the Dinar, as per being a bailout for the US....I've asked ALL...to even make me up a LIE, or to just make up a GOOD STORY as per what else it could be...(So we could either have a good laugh or either start believing in something else)...all that I have recieved to date is nada, zilch, zero, etc...Amazing is'nt it?...So, if one cant explain it, or give an alternative...or until you can do all of that, dont knock this!...so go figure...lol...

P.S. IS SOMEONE PERHAPS WANTING TO BUY BACK DINARS..."MINE" ARE (((NOT))) FOR SALE!!!

• Upvote 1

They can't even get the citizens to pay the CBIs rate of the dinar.....the market rate has always been higher then the programmed rate.....until the demand for the dinar dramatically increases

but the demand did dramatically increase..........every time Okie posted to his followers

just ask Ali

• Upvote 1

4aprofit, the sad truth is...that sometimes there are no solutions to critical problems. You seem to be saying that because the world economy appears to be heading for the dumpster, that there must be a "savior" for it, and that the only solution is the dinar, therefore, an RV is inevitable. I can tell you from six decades of observation, you are an extreme optimist!

• Upvote 2

When probably every Interntional Monetary Entity has stated that there will be a Global Reset of Currencies....now for what...appx. 2-to-3 years...so what would, or could that IMPLY?...Then at the last G-20 Meeting in Las Cabos, Mexico, an article came out, as well as at or around that same time, whereby the IMF stated basically the same in essence, that.."The Global Economy would be getting a boost or help from the Emerging Market Countries"...or in so many words, there have been many insinuations of this coming...what does any of this IMPLY?...Allright, let's say it does'nt all mean anything...then why wont some just start talking, and tell me what else will work...because, to be able to bash something like the dinar, when you dont know...is ludicrous...

Also, I'm not saying what WILL or WONT work...but it sure is strange, that from looking at this and seeing people bash possibly the only thing that MAY work...to me, and IMO...depicts to me that there are ulterior motives...because you dont spend the time to knock something like this that you cant prove is a loser, while there are too many other things out there that are losers, that your not talking about, that you could be mentioning...UNLESS YOUR TRYING TO DRIVE DINAR ONE WAY OR THE OTHER...EITHER SELL OR BUY BACK...I SEE IT AS NO OTHER REASON TO BE DOING THIS...JUST REMEMBER FOLKS, THERE ARE SPREADS GOING BOTH WAYS ON THE DINAR IF YOU BUY OR SELL, AND THERE ARE MANY OUT THERE, WHO ARE JUST AS CRAFTY IN GETTING YOU TO DUMP AND SELL, AS THERE WERE THOSE THAT WERE DOING THIS TO SELL THEM...AND THEY MAKE APPX. THE SAME SPREAD GOING EITHER WAY...WE CALL EM PUMPERS & DUMPERS...FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH...

FYI All & For What It’s Worth!…A friend of mine told me years ago, that he spoke to a former official, who had previously worked for a Global Monetary Entity…and he stated that whenever the Iraqi Dinar was to get near changing, revaluing, etc…that they would have everything looking so bleak, that you would literally want to burn your dinars or throw them away…he said there wil be piles of mis-information, distortions in what is happening in their government, many Iraqi news blackouts and blockages will occur regarding their progress, (as trillions move into Iraq from all over the World, even our media will only show a bombing here and there, but never the “world record setting monetary advances” being actually made)..and much of the rhetoric and commentaries will go to nothing but terrible news about how it can never happen, with all types of scenarios and theories of why nothing good will ever come out of Iraq, possbile rate drops/changes/fluctuations, escalations in the amount of LOP and Zero Articles will be coming out, their budget will remain hidden & un-opened, so no one can see anything as per their true intentions, at least 90% of media and online info. will depict the entire investment as a scam at escalated levels, etc., etc., etc…(They will actually have every possible scenario involving this thing looking bleak)..then is when he said it would POP!!!…Folks, I dont know, but it sure looks like we are close to something, as for the most part, no one has lost anything,(some have actually had gains as per long-term), and Iraq’s had appx. 10 years now to tank the currency and they have’nt, even when it was much worse over there…So, I guess we just wait and see while hearing all of the bad news…I actually love it…because you just cant have this much opposition, negativity and skepticism from so many, that seemed to be worried about us so much…but wont tell us about all of the things that are much worse that are happening everyday in other investments that are actually losers..(but instead they hang out here and bash this)…and this, like I said, is’nt over yet, or as per the finailty of it, so why fret?..or yet?…Unless there is an ulterior motive?..We will see…

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On another note, if they want to float the dinar...they will if they choose to, and when they are ready!...Most should know that if they have put this at an artificially controlled rate...that the whole thing is a controlled and contrived event...for mainly...all of us to see...what part of that do some not see...that's all I'm trying to illustrate here, and it is'nt that hard to understand...

if they float the dinar while the Gas prices are low the money wont increase in value as much as if they can do it after the new taxes start after January. Think about it a war in the middle east will cause a fake boost in gas prices which would make a much higher float level on the dinar. Also Obamas new taxes kick in January, can't leave the United States without those taxes.