Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Liberated Iraq calls on Arab states to use oil as 'weapon' against U.S.

Unitedrich

Sure would like to get all of your opinions on this news piece. Especially since we have shed our precious blood on their soil. :angry:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11/16/liberated-iraq-calls-on-arab-states-to-use-oil-as-weapon-against-us/

Here is the down and dirty.....

A top Iraqi diplomat urged Arab states to “use the weapon of oil” against the United States because of its alliance with Israel, raising more questions about the Middle Eastern nation's allegiance to the country that freed it from a ruthless dictatorship.

The shocking statement from a democratic government in power only after the U.S. and allies ousted murderous dictator Saddam Hussein in a costly and bloody war laid bare the Middle Eastern nation’s true allegiance.

"Iraq will invite (Arab) ministers to use the weapon of oil, with the aim of asserting real pressure on the United States and whoever stands with Israel," Qais al-Azzawy told reporters in Cairo on Friday.

"Iraq will invite (Arab) ministers to use the weapon of oil, with the aim of asserting real pressure on the United States and whoever stands with Israel."

- Iraqi diplomat

"The economic weapon is the strongest one to be put into effect now, to assure of standing by the Palestinian people, in light of there being no military power that can stand in the face of Israel at the present time,” he added.

The U.S. ousted Hussein, ending his bloody, 30-year reign in 2003 in the midst of a controversial and costly war. Nearly 4,500 American service members were killed and more than 32,000 wounded in a war that has cost U.S. taxpayers at least $750 billion. That figure could top $1 trillion given future health costs incurred by veterans injured in the fighting.

The oil-rich nation has by some measures the world’s third-largest reserves and, along with Arab nations such as Saudi Arabia and Libya, provides the U.S. only about 13 percent of its oil, according to the Energy Information Administration. But Arab oil producers wield tremendous influence on world prices through OPEC.

Iraq is standing with Hamas and Palestinians in the ongoing strife between them and Israel. The fighting accelerated after Israel launched its operation “Pillar of Defense” last week, aimed at stopping frequent rocket attacks that rain down from Gaza. At least 422 rockets from Gaza have been fired at Israel, whose Iron Dome defense system has intercepted 130, according to the Israel Defense Forces said. The al-Qassam Brigade, Hamas' military arm, said on its Twitter feed that it had shot 527 projectiles at Israel in that time.

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has at times been critical of the U.S., and has in recent years raised alarms over his increasingly close relationship with Iran.

The sharp words from the Iraqi diplomat came just as Iraq released a commander of the Lebanese terror group Hezbollah, despite assurances to U.S. it would not do so.

Florida Rep. Gus Bilirakis, (R-Fla.), who sits on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said the statement shows the U.S. must stand by Israel while working toward energy independence.

“As sirens sound over Israel, we must not forget the millions of Israelis who live under the constant threat of rocket attacks from Gaza. Israel’s right to defend itself is fundamental, and U.S. policy must continue to support this," Bilirakis said. "I have long advocated for energy independence in the United States, and I firmly believe this to be more true now than ever before.”

• Upvote 3

Hi United Rich. Hope all is well with your family and I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. biggrin.gif My thought's on this article are that 1. Iraq is not liberated and needs to mind it's P's and Q's, until they are. 2. There will probably be another article coming out form Talibani again telling the diplomats, ministers and parliament to keep their mouth's shut. 3. This behavior probably stems from Arab anger and the fact that the Egyptian PM Morsi voiced his opinion that Egypt will stand by the Palestinians. and 4. I guess the Iraqis haven't a clue how much oil the US has and if they want us to remain their customer and subsequently bring them out of Chapter VII, they need to check the IQ of the diplomats speaking for their country.

• Upvote 4

This article is BS.....Iraq, being tough with the US, is like a mouse trying to beat up the cat! Not a very smart thing to try!

The real reality of the situation is, Maliki is tight with Iran, and as long as he is in power, we will have this situation. My thinking, is we have to get Maliki out of power, so they can become a real democracy, and hopefully develop a good relationship with Iraq! JMHO

Go RV!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Upvote 5

I am known for my bluntness. So I don't want to tick folks off. I am a bit hot! No, a lot hot! Israel did NOT start the bombs going off over in gaza. But it will be blamed on zionism. So, I wish we could and we should cut off all the funding to arab nations that are part of the funding for killing of jews. Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Hamas and the list goes on. There are a certain group of folks that call themselves shiite/shia that think they have to kill the jews for their god and/or messenger before he will come. For them to even beleive that is a bit out there. Why would a god need a peons help? It's a god, he can do it with a blink of an eye. So something don't fit the picture. How did they learn this? Who is telling them that? The sunni thinks the messiah (mahdi) will do the killing of the jews. My bet is on them doing it right. Cause if it is so, their god will do this, then they don't have blood of their brothers on their hands. Can you honestly live with yourself by killing people and expect god needs your help? NO other religion or beliefs has this. Most ARE peaceful. How is this killing of jews called peaceful? Just because they are jews. That's a little prejudice, ya think?

Israel has been doomed to fail since it was started. Arofat said it himself that he will never accept Israel, and they won't live with the jews. Why not? They did. Until the jews were being blown up by suicide bombers. Did you ever hear of any Israeli, American, European, or Australian blowing themselves up on the wide margin it's been happening in the ME? You have a few fruits and nuts every blue moon.

This thing with maliki has been the funding, along with US aid to countries that believe in this doctrine. It just ticks me off because, YES there are peaceful muslims who are humane. They want to live like we do, but their "DICTATORS" won't allow it. The dictators fund their doctrines and in the mean time kill their own people who get in the way of their agenda. "Palentians" also work in Israel. And they don't seem to have problems with the jews but with their own people. They don't want them to be humane because their doctrine says kill the jews.

Ok, I am done ranting. Why am I so hopping mad? Because, Maliki has been the one to hold this terrorism together. Remember when the US went in and de-funded the terrorist by devaluing the money. Iran's money ain't worth crap either. Well this has just put the US in the middle of Armageddon. So to speak. Israel is being bombarded by missiles from Hamas, Egypt is aligning with the aggressors, Iran is supplying the bombs, and Syria is about to have a job for all those folks in the Hamas military to fight Israel. And were will the US be? What is the US president going to do now that all our money has been funding all this terrorism? It's not a Bush or Obama thing, it's the US policy in general and the Islamic policy. We don't want theirs and they don't want ours. So they now want to squeeze us with oil? If we say screw you and let them sell their oil elsewhere, they will continue to attack Israel. Are folks that much of haters of jewish people that they turn their backs on them? I can say this, they live like we do. A free country. Put a state in Israel for the cause of the palestinian and they will still bomb israel. I can be nuts, but I think once you do, Iran, Syria, and non sunni arabs will have a place to set up to dissolve israel. So whether you like jews or not, they are people too. Here comes the world war. Underway as I type and I am very concerned. Damascus will be destroyed because I think it will come from Syria that throws the blow that starts the all out WAR. I don't even think it will be Assad, I think it will be the nuts that decide to bring on the mahdi.

So, yeah call me names, neg me, and tell me I am dead wrong. Don't care, I am VERY concerend that the US will be right smack in the middle of it and to think all the men and women we lost in Iraq and Afghanistan, Vietnam, WW2, Korean, and the list goes on. Have we learned anything about loving one another YET??? Dang, why is it that dictators go on for years and years of in humane acts, and we can get someone who cheats on their taxes in jail in a flash. Just seems the priorities are backwards.

• Upvote 8

Hi United Rich. Hope all is well with your family and I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. biggrin.gif My thought's on this article are that 1. Iraq is not liberated and needs to mind it's P's and Q's, until they are. 2. There will probably be another article coming out form Talibani again telling the diplomats, ministers and parliament to keep their mouth's shut. 3. This behavior probably stems from Arab anger and the fact that the Egyptian PM Morsi voiced his opinion that Egypt will stand by the Palestinians. and 4. I guess the Iraqis haven't a clue how much oil the US has and if they want us to remain their customer and subsequently bring them out of Chapter VII, they need to check the IQ of the diplomats speaking for their country.

Thanks ButifIdrm,

I appreciate you and your friendship, and yes all is well with me and with the Fam, and also thanks for your insight and opinion into this particular article, as it most likely just made me mad about the fact that we left brethren over there and it was for naught. Or so the article appeared at first glance. Thanks for all you do, and it is appreciated! UR

Edited by Unitedrich
  • Upvote 2

Korean, and the list goes on. Have we learned anything about loving one another YET??? Dang, why is it that dictators go on for years and years of in humane acts, and we can get someone who cheats on their taxes in jail in a flash. Just seems the priorities are backwards.

heres your answer this song sums up where we are we need a hero to save this damn world: "Someone told me love would all save us, but how can that be? look what love gave us. A world full of killing and blood spilling that world never came"sad.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1CPrRSyyv0

• Upvote 1

Here's an al-iraq article, describing the same situation. Now, there's no mention of the the 110 rockets that flew into Tel-Aviv prior to Israel's retaliation. Notice, the picture depicts the targeted car of the Head of Hamas, who the Israelis killed two days ago.

Iraq strongly condemns the Israeli aggression on Gaza and confirms its continued support to the Palestinian people

Friday, October 16 2 / November 2012 16:26

b_280_189_16777215_0___images_idoblog_upload_84_1540803958p6ww1tcm.jpg

[baghdad - where]

Iraq strongly condemned the Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip in Palestine.

The Foreign Ministry statement received by the agency all of Iraq [where] a copy of it on "the Israeli enemy aggression committed a brutal new to the Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip led to the martyrdom of a number of innocent victims."

He added that "the Iraqi Foreign Ministry strongly condemns this brutal aggression confirms Iraq's continued support for the Palestinian people and their just cause and calls on the international community to condemn this flagrant aggression and to support efforts to find a prompt and just solution to the Palestinian issue."

And witness the Palestinian Gaza Strip since yesterday, Wednesday constant bombardment by Israeli forces, killing and wounding dozens of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip in an attack promised to Tel Aviv that it aims to protectits security and hit the military infrastructure of the Hamas movement] Palestinian. Ended.

http://www.alliraqnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58396:2012-11-16-13-28-31&catid=41:2011-04-08-17-27-21&Itemid=86

• Upvote 1

heres your answer this song sums up where we are we need a hero to save this damn world: "Someone told me love would all save us, but how can that be? look what love gave us. A world full of killing and blood spilling that world never came"sad.gif

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=q1CPrRSyyv0

There ain't no love my friend. Love will get us somewhere, what folks call love today is a perversion of lies of the evil people who want you to think that good is bad and bad is good. Love is love, and right now it's pretty hard to find a person with natural affection that is not directed for a personal gain. Giving to give. Loving with empathy. Heck, knowing or ever feeling empathy. Look around my friend, there is very little love.

• Upvote 2

Sorry Iraq. This is not the Carter years. An Arab Oil Embargo will not work today.

The USA has so much energy it don't know what to do with it all.

Wise up.

You need us more than we need you.

Check the price of gas lately? Dont we still drive gas cars? Economy's in the tank, Yet people still fill er up. Not sure if you are talking about now or ten years from now? Do you watch the news? Did you see the mess sandy caused with people unable to get gas?

Wake up people, if we are gonna stay on gasoline to travel, something needs to change.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Iraq. This is not the Carter years. An Arab Oil Embargo will not work today.

The USA has so much energy it don't know what to do with it all.

Wise up.

You need us more than we need you.

Too bad the U.S is weak politically. Too bad the environmental wackos are lined up protesting in California preventing the state with the most oil can't do anything with it. Too bad the U.S. President will throw Israel under the bus.

• Upvote 2

I don't think we should be alarmists in a situation like this. This is ONE man's opinion. For all we know this guy is the Donald Trump of Iraqi politics. Bottom line is that many Iraqi's are going to have the same position. For many in the region, their hatred for Isreal is greater than any other feelings or allegiances they have. I'm not saying it is right or wrong but it's just the way it is. Keep in mind that it is also being reported by Fox News which, in my opinion, is one step above the National Enquirer. They love to stir the pot and do it every chance they get.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I would think that over 120 rockets fired into Israel in the last week alone would be all the pot stirring needed for us to take action. The UN and the European Union have already spoken up condemning these attacks as acts of terrorism. Yet the US still remains silent on the issue. "O" would like nothing better than to side with his Muslim brothers in this but is afraid to do so. I said three or four weeks ago to start watching the news right after the election because we would be back in Iraq in force before the end of the year. The international community will pressure the US to take action. Next watch for a false flag that will justify us going back in without exposing the real reason for being there.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 2

Too bad the U.S is weak politically. Too bad the environmental wackos are lined up protesting in California preventing the state with the most oil can't do anything with it. Too bad the U.S. President will throw Israel under the bus.

California has serious issues. I wonder who really pays those guys to kill our economy? Oil companies or the oil countries?

I would think that over 120 rockets fired into Israel in the last week alone would be all the pot stirring needed for us to take action. The UN and the European Union have already spoken up condemning these attacks as acts of terrorism. Yet the US still remains silent on the issue. "O" would like nothing better than to side with his Muslim brothers in this but is afraid to do so. I said three or four weeks ago to start watching the news right after the election because we would be back in Iraq in force before the end of the year. The international community will pressure the US to take action. Next watch for a false flag that will justify us going back in without exposing the real reason for being there.

Roadrunner

I agree. Although I get sick of Israel being condemned and no one is speaking out of the attacks going into Israel, BTW is funding by maliki, through Iran and manufactured in Iraq. Is that something?

We don't need an excuse for raping a country anymore. We just say 5 countries, 7 years and we move on it. One thing I am wondering though, was it to pretend they would have democracy, or was it to excel radicalism in the ME and force a NWO on us, which we will not be the leaders, the Islamist want YOU to live by sharia and now they plan to blackmail the west and western supporters with oil. We made our own bed. We actually didn't, our so called elected officials never had the American people in mind, it's always been money, greed, and control. (NWO)

• Upvote 1

GET LOST!

(correct me if I am wrong)

You Are A "Hired Gun"... or not... just a person on the net.

I make no apologies for who I am or what I do. Just so you will know; I retired from the Marines. I do the same thing now that I did then I just get paid better.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I make no apologies for who I am or what I do. Just so you will know; I retired from the Marines. I do the same thing now that I did then I just get paid better.

Roadrunner

Yes I remember you very well...

In my first debate here on DV... about deformed babies in Iraq... you kept saying... NO WAY!

A DV member came on and said... "WE Have Been Fighting The Courts" for our damaged babies... (to no avail)

You Ignored Him! P*ssed Me Off!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

Wonder what Mitt would had done to you....secured your future NOT especially not the 47% biggrin.gif ...Sorry easyrider I had to tongue.gif

NOT to point you out... I don't have a clue as to who you are... please don't take offense.

Google " Full Welfare Recipients"... You will see it is under 5%.

WHO are the other 42%... just wondering. rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

GET LOST!

(correct me if I am wrong)

You Are A "Hired Gun"... or not... just a person on the net.

Good grief!! Please stand corrected, Maggie. You're wrong. California is a failed state, and the rest of the country will, somehow, have to pull the load for them since California is so bloated with liberals that the only decisions they can make by now are to do nothing, so they are going down for the third time. Roadrunner is a good man who has the respect of many of us here. I am always stunned at how quickly you respond, and how rudely, if you think a comment may have been posted by someone who is simply not as liberal as you are.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I am known for my bluntness. So I don't want to tick folks off. I am a bit hot! No, a lot hot! Israel did NOT start the bombs going off over in gaza. But it will be blamed on zionism. So, I wish we could and we should cut off all the funding to arab nations that are part of the funding for killing of jews. Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Hamas and the list goes on. There are a certain group of folks that call themselves shiite/shia that think they have to kill the jews for their god and/or messenger before he will come. For them to even beleive that is a bit out there. Why would a god need a peons help? It's a god, he can do it with a blink of an eye. So something don't fit the picture. How did they learn this? Who is telling them that? The sunni thinks the messiah (mahdi) will do the killing of the jews. My bet is on them doing it right. Cause if it is so, their god will do this, then they don't have blood of their brothers on their hands. Can you honestly live with yourself by killing people and expect god needs your help? NO other religion or beliefs has this. Most ARE peaceful. How is this killing of jews called peaceful? Just because they are jews. That's a little prejudice, ya think?

Israel has been doomed to fail since it was started. Arofat said it himself that he will never accept Israel, and they won't live with the jews. Why not? They did. Until the jews were being blown up by suicide bombers. Did you ever hear of any Israeli, American, European, or Australian blowing themselves up on the wide margin it's been happening in the ME? You have a few fruits and nuts every blue moon.

This thing with maliki has been the funding, along with US aid to countries that believe in this doctrine. It just ticks me off because, YES there are peaceful muslims who are humane. They want to live like we do, but their "DICTATORS" won't allow it. The dictators fund their doctrines and in the mean time kill their own people who get in the way of their agenda. "Palentians" also work in Israel. And they don't seem to have problems with the jews but with their own people. They don't want them to be humane because their doctrine says kill the jews.

Ok, I am done ranting. Why am I so hopping mad? Because, Maliki has been the one to hold this terrorism together. Remember when the US went in and de-funded the terrorist by devaluing the money. Iran's money ain't worth crap either. Well this has just put the US in the middle of Armageddon. So to speak. Israel is being bombarded by missiles from Hamas, Egypt is aligning with the aggressors, Iran is supplying the bombs, and Syria is about to have a job for all those folks in the Hamas military to fight Israel. And were will the US be? What is the US president going to do now that all our money has been funding all this terrorism? It's not a Bush or Obama thing, it's the US policy in general and the Islamic policy. We don't want theirs and they don't want ours. So they now want to squeeze us with oil? If we say screw you and let them sell their oil elsewhere, they will continue to attack Israel. Are folks that much of haters of jewish people that they turn their backs on them? I can say this, they live like we do. A free country. Put a state in Israel for the cause of the palestinian and they will still bomb israel. I can be nuts, but I think once you do, Iran, Syria, and non sunni arabs will have a place to set up to dissolve israel. So whether you like jews or not, they are people too. Here comes the world war. Underway as I type and I am very concerned. Damascus will be destroyed because I think it will come from Syria that throws the blow that starts the all out WAR. I don't even think it will be Assad, I think it will be the nuts that decide to bring on the mahdi.

So, yeah call me names, neg me, and tell me I am dead wrong. Don't care, I am VERY concerend that the US will be right smack in the middle of it and to think all the men and women we lost in Iraq and Afghanistan, Vietnam, WW2, Korean, and the list goes on. Have we learned anything about loving one another YET??? Dang, why is it that dictators go on for years and years of in humane acts, and we can get someone who cheats on their taxes in jail in a flash. Just seems the priorities are backwards.

Whoa! I agree with almost Everything said here! What did you do with uncirculd?

It is time for Americans to stand up and let their voices be heard. We need to let our government know that regardless of what Barry Sotero decides, we will stand with Israel.

Roadrunner

Amen Roadrunner! Totally in agreement! You're the man of the hour.... :bow:

• Upvote 3