Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Gov Rick Perry says NO to secession.

TPSprayduster

This is what the Governor of Texas thinks.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/onpolitics/2012/11/13/rick-perry-texas-secession-petition/1702359/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+usatoday-NewsTopStories+%28News+-+Top+Stories%29

11:58AM EST November 13. 2012 - Texas Gov. Rick Perry doesn't want his state to break away from the United States, according to his response to a secession petition posted on the White House website.

Perry spokeswoman Catherine Frazier sent a statement to The Dallas Morning News, following reports that there are have been dozens of similar petitions filed via the "We the People" program.

"Gov. Perry believes in the greatness of our Union and nothing should be done to change it," Frazier's statement says. "But he also shares the frustrations many Americans have with our federal government. Now more than ever our country needs strong leadership from states like Texas."

Petitions seeking secession for more than two dozen states have been filed on the White House website asking the Obama administration to "peacefully grant" these states withdrawal so they can create their own government.

The Texas petition was filed on Friday and had more than 70,000 signatures as of Tuesday morning.

To get a White House response, the rules of "We the People" states a petition must get 25,000 signatures within 30 days. It appears as though the Louisiana petition also meets that threshold and the Florida petition is getting there.

Some readers may recall the big uproar over Perry's comments following a Tea Party rally in 2009. It's been widely reported that Perry advocated secession, but Factcheck.org reported last year that is incorrect.

The Republican governor was expressing his frustration at the federal government in the 2009 interview with the Associated Press.

"There is absolutely no reason to dissolve it," Perry said in response to the AP's question about being associated with secession. "But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what may come out of that? But Texas is a very unique place and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I like Gov. Perry. I think he said what he needed to at this juncture.

"But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what may come out of that?"

Kinda says to me, if Washington keeps it up, we may have to revisit our options.

I signed not expecting we could actually get it done at this time, but to send a message, a warning shot so to speak, that we're tired of Washington ignoring what We the people are saying. Tired of them trampling the Constitution.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

"But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what may come out of that?"

Kinda says to me, if Washington keeps it up, we may have to revisit our options.

I signed not expecting we could actually get it done at this time, but to send a message, a warning shot so to speak, that we're tired of Washington ignoring what We the people are saying. Tired of them trampling the Constitution.

Exactly the reason I sighed also DM! I dont think it will really happen, but maybe a huge message will be sent. I posted in another thread, that these petitions are not entered in by our state reps on behalf of the people. I do believe ANYONE can petition. And for anyone worried about signing, that the whitehouse now has your name.....I am sure there are already people set to monitor this for harassment from the government. Wouldn't it throw up a red flag is 70,000 people in Texas (ALL COINCIDENTALLY THAT SIGNED THE SECEDE PETITION) were getting in trouble for nothing?? Besides, I am sure the president gets worse hate mail than a peaceful secede petition lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly the reason I sighed also DM! I dont think it will really happen, but maybe a huge message will be sent. I posted in another thread, that these petitions are not entered in by our state reps on behalf of the people. I do believe ANYONE can petition. And for anyone worried about signing, that the whitehouse now has your name.....I am sure there are already people set to monitor this for harassment from the government. Wouldn't it throw up a red flag is 70,000 people in Texas (ALL COINCIDENTALLY THAT SIGNED THE SECEDE PETITION) were getting in trouble for nothing?? Besides, I am sure the president gets worse hate mail than a peaceful secede petition lol

What message?? That since my political candidate did not win, I am going to whine, complain and cry like a spoiled 3 year old???

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

What message?? That since my political candidate did not win, I am going to whine, complain and cry like a spoiled 3 year old???

I really dont care WHO won the election.....I care about the direction of our country with the government at the wheel. This is not about 4 years, or 8 years or GWB, this goes back years and years, and finally its caught up. Let me ask you Dinar "stud"....what would you do, if tomorrow the market finally did crash and we slammed into a depression? Because we are not that far off and thats just the beginning, think of the domino effect after that......would you be ok with the way our government as a whole has done business for years and years, and this is where its gotten the country? This is not whining my dear, this is standing up for a belief (some believe its right, some believe its wrong, everyone is entitled). I am passionate about it, and by no means am I acting like a spoiled 3 year old. I have busted my ass since I was 16 working. One day maybe I will send you a picture of my hands.....they dont look like that of a 38 year old, they look more like a 70 year old womans hands, dry and worked.

But I guess your right...we should just keep out mouths closed and shrug our shoulders, cause that has always gotten progress made right?? Get your head right and wake up why dont you. I usually dont let anyones post upset me, but this one....yeah, you can say I am a little PO'd about it, cause you just dont get it. Your the same guy that is going to accuse me of being racially biased.....LMAO IF YOU ONLY KNEW ME!! We have bigger enemies out there than each other, and they love the fact that they have divided this nation!

• Upvote 2

"Kinda says to me, if Washington keeps it up, we may have to revisit our options."

Okay and what other "options" would that be... just wondering what other options you are thinking about DM.

I really dont care WHO won the election.....I care about the direction of our country with the government at the wheel. This is not about 4 years, or 8 years or GWB, this goes back years and years, and finally its caught up. Let me ask you Dinar "stud"....what would you do, if tomorrow the market finally did crash and we slammed into a depression? Because we are not that far off and thats just the beginning, think of the domino effect after that......would you be ok with the way our government as a whole has done business for years and years, and this is where its gotten the country? This is not whining my dear, this is standing up for a belief (some believe its right, some believe its wrong, everyone is entitled). I am passionate about it, and by no means am I acting like a spoiled 3 year old. I have busted my ass since I was 16 working. One day maybe I will send you a picture of my hands.....they dont look like that of a 38 year old, they look more like a 70 year old womans hands, dry and worked.

But I guess your right...we should just keep out mouths closed and shrug our shoulders, cause that has always gotten progress made right?? Get your head right and wake up why dont you. I usually dont let anyones post upset me, but this one....yeah, you can say I am a little PO'd about it, cause you just dont get it. Your the same guy that is going to accuse me of being racially biased.....LMAO IF YOU ONLY KNEW ME!! We have bigger enemies out there than each other, and they love the fact that they have divided this nation!

Atta girl sic em :bow:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This kind of thing flares up and then goes away because yeah this gets us all hot blooded and blah blah but then everyone gets back into their routines and they stop caring about political stuff till the next big thing happens. The fact is no one is going to really want to do the sacrifice it would take to succeed from the Union. First of all this is not the civil war era the Federal Government is much better trained, and equipped to deal with such a situation. Sorry to tell you guys this but a peaceful succession is not going to happen. Not only that alot of us don't want to succeed because we enjoy the comforts we have as Americans. Say what you want about our credit rating or the direction of our economy a good portion of us enjoy comforts that citizens of other counties can only dream of having and yet we complain about even that because we are too blinded by the things we want to see the things that we should already be thankful about. Whether you look at it logically or act like a 3 year old if a Republican candidate won then there would be no talk of succession or our country is going the wrong way and blah blah... people would just put the blinders on and think well everything will be better now just like I'm sure people who voted for the President have put the blinders on and are saying to themselves "finally we can get the real work done." The problem is to heal things pain is part of the process.

• Upvote 4

Ditto, I feel exactly the same way. It was really more to send a message than to actually secede from the union. As a conservative, I'm tired of being dismissed.

• Upvote 3

This kind of thing flares up and then goes away because yeah this gets us all hot blooded and blah blah but then everyone gets back into their routines and they stop caring about political stuff till the next big thing happens. The fact is no one is going to really want to do the sacrifice it would take to succeed from the Union. First of all this is not the civil war era the Federal Government is much better trained, and equipped to deal with such a situation. Sorry to tell you guys this but a peaceful succession is not going to happen. Not only that alot of us don't want to succeed because we enjoy the comforts we have as Americans. Say what you want about our credit rating or the direction of our economy a good portion of us enjoy comforts that citizens of other counties can only dream of having and yet we complain about even that because we are too blinded by the things we want to see the things that we should already be thankful about. Whether you look at it logically or act like a 3 year old if a Republican candidate won then there would be no talk of succession or our country is going the wrong way and blah blah... people would just put the blinders on and think well everything will be better now just like I'm sure people who voted for the President have put the blinders on and are saying to themselves "finally we can get the real work done." The problem is to heal things pain is part of the process.

Nani I mostly agee with your post... but I would like to add with a lot of respect for what you said...

Nani there are REAL PROBLEMS and we are NOT going to "heal" until we see what they "REALLY" are.

The Patriot Act is a Huge Threat against us...

(NOPE! This is all about voter fraud... give me a break.) I know you know that. smile.gif What in the Heck!

The Fed Reserve is TANKING OUR DOLLAR at the tune (hi~ ho~ hi ~ho ~off to work we go) of $40 BILLION Dollars a month, going to be $80 Billion in Jan.

So Let's keep our eye on the ball "over here" (Romney Loss) and nobody will notice.

GREAT... JUST BRILIANT

PS. Nani no offense... actually I have been enjoying your post, Thank You.

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 2