Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"All Whites Are Going To Hell"

krome2ez

Politics

Obama’s inauguration reverend:

All whites are going to hell

8:00 PM 10/31/2012

Barack-Obama-Joseph-Lowery-inauguration-e1351728025908.jpg

All white people are going to hell, longtime African-American civil rights advocate Rev. Joseph Lowery told an audience at a get-out-the-vote event held Oct. 27 in Georgia.

Lowery, who gave the benediction at the January 2009 inauguration of President Barack Obama, told the audience of up to 300 African-Americans “that when he was a young militant, he used to say all white folks were going to hell. Then he mellowed and just said most of them were. Now, he said, he is back to where he was,” according to an Oct. 31 report in the Monroe County Reporter newspaper.

“I don’t know what kind of a n—– wouldn’t vote with a black man running,” Lowery also told the audience in the St. James Baptist Church in Forsyth, Ga., according to the Reporter.

Ads by Google

“He was saying [that] based on all of the hatred that’s going on” towards President Barack Obama, Helen Butler, the executive director of Lowery’s Georgia-based Coalition for the People’s Agenda, told The Daily Caller.

“He just fell that he should feel the way he used to feel,” Butler, who attended the rally, explained.

“Of course he doesn’t believe that all whites should go to hell,” she added.

“That’s not him — he’s a very caring person.”

“He was trying to get people motivated to ensure they go and vote…. [and] he did make the point that there is a lot of hatred in this country,” she said.

“It was a joke” told via the perspective of a young militant, Lowery told TheDC. “When I said it, I said it was a joke, I identified it as a joke,” he said.

However, the article also quotes Forsyth Mayor John Howard saying he was “pretty shocked” by Lowery’s comments.

Howard “said if a speaker had made the same comments about black people, he would have gotten up and left… He said the Bible gives set instructions on how to go to heaven and it doesn’t say anything about skin color … [and] he said he looked at the face of his pastor, the Rev. Antonio Proctor, and could tell he was real shocked too,” according to the Macon County Reporter account.

“Howard said he and Proctor talked about putting a video of the event on Forsyth Cable TV but decided after [Lowery’s] comments that it wasn’t a good idea,” the article said.

When asked by TheDC about the other notable comment — “what kind of a n—- wouldn’t vote with a black man running” — Lowery said he did not remember making that statement.

“I never said that, I don’t remember saying that,” he told TheDC.

Next Page

NEXT: 'If all else is equal, why not vote for your race?'

Lowery’s n-word comment was not a discriminatory comment or an appeal to racial solidarity, Butler told TheDC. “He’s not saying you should support the black guy because of his race, he’s saying you should support a competent black person,” she said. “If all else is equal, why not vote for your race?”

When asked why polls show up to 95 percent support for Obama among African-Americans despite their tough economic circumstances over the last 10 years, Lowery said, “I’d like to see it 99” percent.

“When you look at the travails, the rocky road that blacks have had to negotiate in their life’s experience in this country, it is a great blessing to see that we’ve come so far as to have a black president, and I think that people are excited about it and appreciate it and want to see him re-elected,” he told TheDC.

Lowery is major figure in Democratic politics. He was born in 1921 and is called a “civil rights icon” because he co-founded the Southern Christian Leadership Conference with Rev. Martin Luther King and ran it for 20 years, from 1977 to 1997.

During Obama’s inauguration, Lowery declared, “Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get [in] back… [and] when white will embrace what is right.”

Lowery also headed the George delegation to the Democratic Party’s 2012 convention in Charlotte, N.C.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/31/all-whites-are-going-to-hell-says-civil-rights-icon/

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Usually it is wise to not even comment on ignorant statements. Usually. Ignorance and understanding of what the Bible says about salvation and condemnation can be cured by uncluttered thinking about what is stated. I am concerned that those who make statements like this have been blinded to objectivity and reason. I fear that the "Reverend" is blinded by his hatred, prejudice, and irrational thinking born from a lack of love.

• Upvote 7

Politics

Obama’s inauguration reverend:

All whites are going to hell

8:00 PM 10/31/2012

Barack-Obama-Joseph-Lowery-inauguration-e1351728025908.jpg

All white people are going to hell, longtime African-American civil rights advocate Rev. Joseph Lowery told an audience at a get-out-the-vote event held Oct. 27 in Georgia.

Lowery, who gave the benediction at the January 2009 inauguration of President Barack Obama, told the audience of up to 300 African-Americans “that when he was a young militant, he used to say all white folks were going to hell. Then he mellowed and just said most of them were. Now, he said, he is back to where he was,” according to an Oct. 31 report in the Monroe County Reporter newspaper.

“I don’t know what kind of a n—– wouldn’t vote with a black man running,” Lowery also told the audience in the St. James Baptist Church in Forsyth, Ga., according to the Reporter.

Ads by Google

“He was saying [that] based on all of the hatred that’s going on” towards President Barack Obama, Helen Butler, the executive director of Lowery’s Georgia-based Coalition for the People’s Agenda, told The Daily Caller.

“He just fell that he should feel the way he used to feel,” Butler, who attended the rally, explained.

“Of course he doesn’t believe that all whites should go to hell,” she added.

“That’s not him — he’s a very caring person.”

“He was trying to get people motivated to ensure they go and vote…. [and] he did make the point that there is a lot of hatred in this country,” she said.

“It was a joke” told via the perspective of a young militant, Lowery told TheDC. “When I said it, I said it was a joke, I identified it as a joke,” he said.

However, the article also quotes Forsyth Mayor John Howard saying he was “pretty shocked” by Lowery’s comments.

Howard “said if a speaker had made the same comments about black people, he would have gotten up and left… He said the Bible gives set instructions on how to go to heaven and it doesn’t say anything about skin color … [and] he said he looked at the face of his pastor, the Rev. Antonio Proctor, and could tell he was real shocked too,” according to the Macon County Reporter account.

“Howard said he and Proctor talked about putting a video of the event on Forsyth Cable TV but decided after [Lowery’s] comments that it wasn’t a good idea,” the article said.

When asked by TheDC about the other notable comment — “what kind of a n—- wouldn’t vote with a black man running” — Lowery said he did not remember making that statement.

“I never said that, I don’t remember saying that,” he told TheDC.

Next Page

NEXT: 'If all else is equal, why not vote for your race?'

Lowery’s n-word comment was not a discriminatory comment or an appeal to racial solidarity, Butler told TheDC. “He’s not saying you should support the black guy because of his race, he’s saying you should support a competent black person,” she said. “If all else is equal, why not vote for your race?”

When asked why polls show up to 95 percent support for Obama among African-Americans despite their tough economic circumstances over the last 10 years, Lowery said, “I’d like to see it 99” percent.

“When you look at the travails, the rocky road that blacks have had to negotiate in their life’s experience in this country, it is a great blessing to see that we’ve come so far as to have a black president, and I think that people are excited about it and appreciate it and want to see him re-elected,” he told TheDC.

Lowery is major figure in Democratic politics. He was born in 1921 and is called a “civil rights icon” because he co-founded the Southern Christian Leadership Conference with Rev. Martin Luther King and ran it for 20 years, from 1977 to 1997.

During Obama’s inauguration, Lowery declared, “Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get [in] back… [and] when white will embrace what is right.”

Lowery also headed the George delegation to the Democratic Party’s 2012 convention in Charlotte, N.C.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/31/all-whites-are-going-to-hell-says-civil-rights-icon/

Its this kind of ignorance that keeps blacks and whites in turmoil. He and Jesse Jackson and a few others make a good living selling their hatred. He uses the reverend tag for tax purposes and gets away with this kind of garbage. I've never found where God is a hide hunter! He's a soul saver! As a minister of 37 years who has pastored people from several different nationalities and ethnic backgrounds I can tell you that if we don't put aside this kind of behavior there will be a lot more in hell than we might think!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think Joe Lowery might want to read the Bible again :rolleyes:

Jer 23

1: Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord.

2: Therefore thus saith the Lord God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord.

• Upvote 6

Did anyone consider that this extremely old man born in 1921 may have thought he was in the 1960's. I mean he may have been there for appearances, opened his mouth and forgot who he was much less what he was there for. Anyway I have a lot of black friends and when they start calling themselves the "n" word I just them if I called you that you would try to kick my butt so why do you call each other that? The answer I get is we don't know? I ask them to have respect for me and themselves by not say it infront of me. I personally thought the civil rights movement was for all minorities not just for black people but all minorities. So let the old man go back to his barks lounger and give up this.whole black and white BS, cause this is the 21st century not the 19th century. That's JMHO

• Upvote 4

***///

Okay, BUG...

One 'Senility Pass' encrusted with barnacles it is.... ;)

I wasn't saying that I was excepting what he said, was showing respect for an elder is all. I respectively agree to disagree with someone or some group who choose to be racist and blaim others for it. Most white people are way past this way of thinking and have been for quite some time. So on that note basically what I'm saying is treat this as a mere fact that the truth comes out and look for good to come out of the lies spewed. I showed my friends the article in this post and they basicly said that they think its a desperate plea to get that black voters out to the polls. So that's pretty obvious to them, me, and you that the racist card has been over used here. With that being put out of the way why give a negative for a negative and freed that fire. JMHO

**///

We didn't NEG our BUGGY... :( ...! We +1 ya!

We agreed with you that it was sad that they used this poor old guy to do such a thing.

So we gave him a pass for not being astute enough

during his advanced years to know any better. :(

We're old, too... trust us, it's a whole different kinda crazy here now! :P

:peace:

Did anyone consider that this extremely old man born in 1921 may have thought he was in the 1960's. I mean he may have been there for appearances, opened his mouth and forgot who he was much less what he was there for. Anyway I have a lot of black friends and when they start calling themselves the "n" word I just them if I called you that you would try to kick my butt so why do you call each other that? The answer I get is we don't know? I ask them to have respect for me and themselves by not say it infront of me. I personally thought the civil rights movement was for all minorities not just for black people but all minorities. So let the old man go back to his barks lounger and give up this.whole black and white BS, cause this is the 21st century not the 19th century. That's JMHO

Next time you and another white buddy are around your black friends. You and your buddy start saying. "WASSSSS UP MY CRACKER. " "YOU MY CRACKER" Watch how fast your black friends become alienated. Then you can show them how it feels

You cracker. hahahahahahahahaha laugh.gif

• Upvote 1

Next time you and another white buddy are around your black friends. You and your buddy start saying. "WASSSSS UP MY CRACKER. " "YOU MY CRACKER" Watch how fast your black friends become alienated. Then you can show them how it feels

You cracker. hahahahahahahahaha laugh.gif

Cracker what?...Cracker please :lol:

• Upvote 2

I hate the race card. It's ridiculous to think that the color of our skin is an issue in The United States of America. I'm a white women. I would like to walk in the shoes of a black women. I want to see how it feels. I think that I know. The color of our skin does not define who we are. :peace:

I agree but sadly racism (on all sides) still exists.

• Upvote 1