Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Will a SWAT Team Invade Your Business?

krome2ez

The following is from Jan Morgan’s website:

“This documentary exposes the blatant trampling of the Constitutional rights of Americans during white collar crime investigations by the Department of Justice and the Criminal Investigation Division of the Internal Revenue Service.

“This documentary is not about the guilt or innocence of the citizens involved. It is about the increasing number of unconstitutional, para-military, gestapo style raid tactics involving two agencies of the federal government.

“These are white collar crime investigations where heavily armed, hostile government raids by 40 to 50 agents are being utilized as opposed to a few agents entering the businesses with proper search warrants to acquire the financial records sought.

“Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with the tactics, the constitutional rights of citizens who work in these businesses, yet have nothing to do with the financial transactions of the owners, have been undeserved victims of these frightening raids… unlawfully detained for hours, intimidated, interrogated without the presence of a lawyer and their personal property confiscated.”

For more information, go to: www.rampantinjustice.com

Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2012/11/will-a-swat-team-invade-your-business/#ixzz2B72rr7Ys

• Upvote 1

Quote... "We are the Federal Govt. ... we can do what we want when we want... and there is nothing you can do about it"!!! That's the problem right there... they have throw the Constitution completely away!!! dry.gif

Wow... I guess bottled water is now considered a weapon of mass destruction??? blink.gif ... or maybe it's really about the most dangerous person on the planet... a person who is in business for themselves in what they perceive is a free country!!!

I live here in Music City and the raid on Gibson Guitar has left everyone with only one conclusion... they were doing nothing different than their main competitor Martin Guitars. The only difference???... the owners of Gibson are openly Republican, the owners of Martin Guitar are openly Democrats. That is the only difference. So is this what we can expect from a Democratic leadership on any business that doesn't support them??? Wow... is this WWII Germany or what??? unsure.gif It's time to get back to the Constitution and enforce our freedoms and liberties!!! wink.gif

Thanks for the post Krome!!! wink.gif

“These are white collar crime investigations where heavily armed, hostile government raids by 40 to 50 agents are being utilized as opposed to a few agents entering the businesses with proper search warrants (which thanks to the Patriot Act are not required) to acquire the financial records sought.

... the constitutional rights of citizens who work in these businesses, ...., have been undeserved victims of these frightening raids… unlawfully detained for hours, intimidated, interrogated without the presence of a lawyer and their personal property confiscated.(Nooo, thanks to the Patriot Act, this is not in any way illegal)”

Sometimes I think that not many people have actually read the entire Patriot Act. It is the single most threatening piece of legislation ever crafted in assulting, eroding and diluting the rights given by the US Constitution. I've often wondered what it would take to get people energized to actually read the laws governing this country. Unfortunately I think this will be buried too deep in the news section to be that catalyst. Then again, I wonder if the people of this country will ever become so enraged they demand it be repealed, .... or if they will remain unaware of its content and instead continue to blame whoever is in office and using it to the their and the governments advantage. Time will tell I suppose.

And btw, I don't care who wrote it, who wanted it, who made it happen or how it came to be.... We are here now in this moment. ...Is this something we want to continue living with and under, or do we want something different governing how we will live in the future?

• Upvote 3

I live here in Music City and the raid on Gibson Guitar has left everyone with only one conclusion... they were doing nothing different than their main competitor Martin Guitars. The only difference???... the owners of Gibson are openly Republican, the owners of Martin Guitar are openly Democrats. That is the only difference. So is this what we can expect from a Democratic leadership on any business that doesn't support them??? Wow... is this WWII Germany or what??? unsure.gif It's time to get back to the Constitution and enforce our freedoms and liberties!!! wink.gif

Thanks for the post Krome!!! wink.gif

Hey Rod!

Hope all is well. I come down to your city every year for a guitar gathering with about 70 people & learn & jam with some of the greatest artists from there. We always have a great time. :D It was disgusting what happened to Gibson. :angry:

Gibson makes some of my favorite electrics ( the ES335 & Les Paul). While I don't agree with Martin's political affiliations, they make my favorite acoustics. I believe their craftsmanship & tone sets the bar for the industry. Additionally, one has to applaud the loyalty they have toward their employees. In spite of the economy & dropping sales, they refused to let of any of them go, realizing that their people are their most valuable asset. Most of them have been there for decades. Instead, they are introducing new models at both the low & high ends and are implementing new marketing strategies. One of the things they've had to deal with is the cloning of their guitars in China. :angry: The China clones have Martin's logo on the headstock & on the interior label. You have to examine the workmanship & play the actual guitar to tell the difference. Hard to do if you are placing an order overseas. Martin has actually developed a DNA process to positively identify the wood in their new guitars. I believe Gibson may have been affected by this as well.

Keep putting up those great posts! :D

• Upvote 1

Hey Rod!

Hope all is well. I come down to your city every year for a guitar gathering with about 70 people & learn & jam with some of the greatest artists from there. We always have a great time. :D It was disgusting what happened to Gibson. :angry:

Gibson makes some of my favorite electrics ( the ES335 & Les Paul). While I don't agree with Martin's political affiliations, they make my favorite acoustics. I believe their craftsmanship & tone sets the bar for the industry. Additionally, one has to applaud the loyalty they have toward their employees. In spite of the economy & dropping sales, they refused to let of any of them go, realizing that their people are their most valuable asset. Most of them have been there for decades. Instead, they are introducing new models at both the low & high ends and are implementing new marketing strategies. One of the things they've had to deal with is the cloning of their guitars in China. :angry: The China clones have Martin's logo on the headstock & on the interior label. You have to examine the workmanship & play the actual guitar to tell the difference. Hard to do if you are placing an order overseas. Martin has actually developed a DNA process to positively identify the wood in their new guitars. I believe Gibson may have been affected by this as well.

Keep putting up those great posts! :D

Thanks stargazer that was very interesting. It appears another great threat to our future economy is the lack of integrity of China... they have no problem producing knock-offs of guitars, and electronics and who knows what else??? Perhaps it's time to level the playing field... if they want to do business with us, they need to honor copy rights, etc... I'm not a musician(possibly the only one in Nashville who isn't!!! unsure.gif).... though I enjoy music very much!!! I can take credit for paying for music lessons for years though... my daughters!!! rolleyes.gif That being said I do know that both Gibson and Martin make great guitars and I would never try to say it has anything to do with their political affiliation. I was just relaying information that is somewhat known behind the scenes... locals know what's going on but they just can't do much about it. I hope that both companies can continue to produce fine instruments and leave each others political affiliation out of it! wink.gif

Thanks stargazer that was very interesting. It appears another great threat to our future economy is the lack of integrity of China... they have no problem producing knock-offs of guitars, and electronics and who knows what else??? Perhaps it's time to level the playing field... if they want to do business with us, they need to honor copy rights, etc... I'm not a musician(possibly the only one in Nashville who isn't!!! unsure.gif).... though I enjoy music very much!!! I can take credit for paying for music lessons for years though... my daughters!!! rolleyes.gif That being said I do know that both Gibson and Martin make great guitars and I would never try to say it has anything to do with their political affiliation. I was just relaying information that is somewhat known behind the scenes... locals know what's going on but they just can't do much about it. I hope that both companies can continue to produce fine instruments and leave each others political affiliation out of it! wink.gif

I agree with you. Christopher Martin might disagree though. I've met him on several occasions and I believe his political affiliations stem from environmental issues that directly influence his industry. Specifically, the sustainability of hardwoods that are used to build acoustic guitars. Today, Brazilian rosewood is the most highly prized and rare tone wood for the back & side portions of guitars. It has gotten so scarce that, if you were to order one from Martin or just about any other reputable maker, it would immediately jack up the price by $7 -10K ! In fact, they only have about 800 or so blanks left in inventory. So, I would imagine the price will get even higher. :o Adirondack Spruce, the Holy Grail of acoustic tops, was in that situation several years back but is becoming more available due to timely forest management. I think he could be even more effective for his cause if he realized that capitalism & environmental issues are not always in opposition and sought out assistanceon that side of the fence.

• Upvote 1

I agree with you. Christopher Martin might disagree though. I've met him on several occasions and I believe his political affiliations stem from environmental issues that directly influence his industry. Specifically, the sustainability of hardwoods that are used to build acoustic guitars. Today, Brazilian rosewood is the most highly prized and rare tone wood for the back & side portions of guitars. It has gotten so scarce that, if you were to order one from Martin or just about any other reputable maker, it would immediately jack up the price by $7 -10K ! In fact, they only have about 800 or so blanks left in inventory. So, I would imagine the price will get even higher. :o Adirondack Spruce, the Holy Grail of acoustic tops, was in that situation several years back but is becoming more available due to timely forest management. I think he could be even more effective for his cause if he realized that capitalism & environmental issues are not always in opposition and sought out assistanceon that side of the fence.

Interesting post stargazer... I remember visiting the Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC and discovered that the Vanderbilt's were the first people in this country to ever practice forestry conservation.... yup... those rich tycoons are good for something I guess!!! wink.gif I am all for "reasonable conservation"... replanting trees when you harvest is reasonable... trying to transplant some snail at a cost of $1,200.00 each for a bridge project only to find all of the snails died from being moved (they would have faired better if they would have just left them alone). I hope they can figure out a way to reestablish a working stock of wood to continue making those great guitars.