Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Who killed Joe the Plummer?

RodandStaff

Just curious simple... do you have any independent business experience? I'm just asking because every business person knows that sometimes the environment for a healthy business can be down right hard to find when the Govt. adds certain taxes or penalties just for being in business. IMO the small business person is about the most endangered species in this country at the moment.... but then what do I know... I have only been a small businessman for going on 30 years now... I have seen tough times and some better times... but I have never seen tougher times than these last 3-4 years... just sayin!!! wink.gif

29 years for me... I will never forget the early years and complaining to my accountant about the taxes. He finally told me that I should focus on business more than the taxes. Taxes will take care of themselves. It finally resonated with me when he told us our average margin per sale. I then realized what I do best and focused.

Last 4 to 7 years, actually since 9/11 - worse times for business for me... My attached article, from October 2008, described the pass 3 years to a picture. This turnaround would take time.

• Upvote 1

Thank you RodandStaff.

I talked about my issues a few months ago.

The only reason I'm still in business is I have worked for free since 2009.

I've had to let go around 25 people, haven't kept count. At one point I was the only one left for over two years, and I had to make it on under $2,000.00 a month more than once.

All I do is make sure I have payroll for the ones left, and enough to pay taxes and keep the lights, everything else goes back into the shop to continue to rebuild.

If I wasn't a Vietnam Vet I would probably be dead already because I have no other health.

The good thing is I am blessed with the best employees anyone could ever wish for, it is their strength and support that keeps me going when I'm ready give up.

We are slowly starting to grow again, once o is gone we will see a huge boom, but it will taper off unless Romney defunds some programs, and eliminates others.

If the progressives steal this election, this country is done.

• Upvote 2

Saint - I feel your frustration. My business is closely tied to the commercial construction industry...and almost NO ONE is building anything right now. Until confidence is restored in the economy, that won't change and this could be me in a year or two. Those who voted for O in 2008 - I don't blame them....they knew not what they were doing. But a vote for O in 2012.....with everything we now know......that will be a death sentence to my business and millions of others. You think 23 million unemployed is bad? Wait until all "hope" is lost and those of us who have been barely hanging on give up. :o

Thanks for the video Rod - sad indeed.

I hear ya Snotrocket. Last year we lost our Construction Plumbing Business of 38 years. We employed 34 Plumbers in 2007. Closed the doors with 4 last year.

• Upvote 3

The Economy Has Been Growing, Since Mid-2009

1.1-GDP-change-OPT.jpg

Private Payroll Employment Has Grown For 32 Months - Economist projected 125k jobs for October, 184k were created, net 171k; 250k is the target for full recovery.

1.2-monthly-change-OPT.jpg

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual

2002 -129 -146 -24 -84 -9 47 -100 -11 -55 121 8 -163

2003 95 -159 -213 -49 -9 0 25 -45 109 197 14 119

2004 162 44 337 249 310 81 46 122 161 348 63 134

2005 137 240 141 360 170 243 374 193 66 80 334 160

2006 283 316 283 181 14 76 209 183 157 -9 204 171

2007 236 93 190 72 139 75 -40 -18 73 79 112 89

2008 41 -84 -95 -208 -190 -198 -210 -274 -432 -489 -803 -661

2009 -818 -724 -799 -692 -361 -482 -339 -231 -199 -202 -42 -171

2010 -40 -35 189 239 516 -167 -58 -51 -27 220 121 120

2011 110 220 246 251 54 84 96 85 202 112 157 223

2012 275 259 143 68 87 45 181 192 148(P) 171(P)

P : preliminary

• Upvote 2

We need to focus on good things; dwelling on negatives won't get us anything. +1

I kind of agree with you.

What surprises me is that everyone thinks a president has that much power to make or break a nation. They seem to have a low understanding of how the whole system works. Who ran the senate and house of reps the years privious to the last 4 years?

Who has been doing what in Washinton DC? This is about our political system my fellow friends and not ONE president. I personally doubt that either president will make nearly the difference many would believe. We should NEVER have been allowed to get to this point in the first place and those responsible are not having to answer to it! SERIOUSLY, this is America being sold out for the last two decades and the ball finally fell. Those who think that OBAMA in or out of office will make any difference in my view are blind. If you say the republicans will make a better economy for us all that may be true... I doubt that myself but it is a much stronger argument than saying ROMNEY will.

I hope all of you watch the seats in congress and the senate. Look at those in office and watch what choices are made. Also see if there is cooperation between the presidentail office and the two legislative branches. If you do this you will have a MUCH stronger view of the truth. We all are much less informed than we choose to think we are. You simply are blaming the puppet and are obviously cluess of the puppet master.

That is IMHO.

PEACE

Edited by imgesing
  • Upvote 2

I kind of agree with you...

I hope all of you watch the seats in congress and the senate. Look at those in office and watch what choices are made. Also see if there is cooperation between the presidentail office and the two legislative branches. If you do this you will have a MUCH stronger view of the truth. We all are much less informed than we choose to think we are. You simply are blaming the puppet and are obviously cluess of the puppet master.

That is IMHO.

PEACE

Wise Words...

PEACE Maggie

I kind of agree with you.

What surprises me is that everyone thinks a president has that much power to make or break a nation. They seem to have a low understanding of how the whole system works. Who ran the senate and house of reps the years privious to the last 4 years?

Who has been doing what in Washinton DC? This is about our political system my fellow friends and not ONE president. I personally doubt that either president will make nearly the difference many would believe. We should NEVER have been allowed to get to this point in the first place and those responsible are not having to answer to it! SERIOUSLY, this is America being sold out for the last two decades and the ball finally fell. Those who think that OBAMA in or out of office will make any difference in my view are blind. If you say the republicans will make a better economy for us all that may be true... I doubt that myself but it is a much stronger argument than saying ROMNEY will.

That is IMHO.

PEACE

Imgesing - great observation!

• Upvote 1

So...Yeah, right...Who sets policy for the EPA, Ed Dept, FBI, CIA, IRS,

Defence Dept, Dept of State, etc...

The list of ways to affect the American People, our Country, and Business

goes on & on. Not to Mention Supreme Court Justices....

Thats the power of the President ;)

A pro President Congress is also necessary, as evidenced by the last 4 years.

2 with Demo's (Obamacare) & 2 blocking most of the moves Obama & the Libs

are trying to make, to hasten our degradation....

A Republican Whitehouse Policy, along with a Conservative held House & Senate

will change things in this Country for the better, pretty quickly.

These Lib tactics :rolleyes: ....Such as, A President doesnt

hold that much power, give O'blah 4 more years to get things done...

Or, no one could have fixed things in just 4 years...

Just more spew from their mouths...

And the complacency of low expectations.....Garbage

Edited by cris
  • Upvote 2

So...Yeah, right...Who sets policy for the EPA, Ed Dept, FBI, CIA, IRS,

Defence Dept, Dept of State, etc...

The list of ways to affect the American People, our Country, and Business

goes on & on. Not to Mention Supreme Court Justices....

Thats the power of the President ;)

A pro President Congress is also necessary, as evidenced by the last 4 years.

2 with Demo's (Obamacare) & 2 blocking most of the moves Obama & the Libs

are trying to make, to hasten our degradation....

A Republican Whitehouse Policy, along with a Conservative held House & Senate

will change things in this Country for the better, pretty quickly.

Do you know how many years Bush and Reps had control? And you have heard of the Great Recession. Go back..... way back, about 10 years up to 2009. Remind yourself of deregulations and policies (lowering taxes and Bush Tax Cuts will create jobs). Those cuts yielded approximately 0 jobs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do you know how many years Bush and Reps had control? And you have heard of the Great Recession. Go back..... way back, about 10 years up to 2009. Remind yourself of deregulations and policies (lowering taxes and Bush Tax Cuts will create jobs). Those cuts yielded approximately 0 jobs.

You're full of it ;) , and have been proven wrong repeatedly.

No sense in rehashing all the ways.....You're simply wrong.

This latest assault on the voters by Libs is pitiful....Its the same

old story, it doesnt matter, why not vote for a democrat.

Hopey-Changey :rolleyes: Forward!!.....Just lame.

• Upvote 2

You're full of it ;) , and have been proven wrong repeatedly.

No sense in rehashing all the ways.....You're simply wrong.

This latest assault on the voters by Libs is pitiful....Its the same

old story, it doesnt matter, why not vote for a democrat.

Hopey-Changey :rolleyes: Forward!!.....Just lame.

Damn, I didn't realize that bit of truth would hurt so bad. You're stuttering mate! Who in the heck do you think was President 2001-2008? That shouldn't hurt you bro!

• Upvote 1

Damn, I didn't realize that bit of truth would hurt so bad. You're stuttering mate! Who in the heck do you think was President 2001-2008? That shouldn't hurt you bro!

Im glad you've moderated your responses, but it doesnt change

how we both think....I've seen that tactic before, it makes things more

pleasant, but I cant be moved from my beliefs....That goes for being

bi-partisan......I have zero interest in that, unless its the Libs agreeing

with the Conservatives. ;)