Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Facebook shuts down Navy Seal's page

stonewall67

I have lots of questions, such as: What business does a Navy Seal outfit have in posting to Facebook? I have always been under the impression that they live by a level of invisibility, which is the main factor in their ability to be effective. I think one would be hard pressed to find any other unit that is more ultra-american than the Seals. It doesn't fit their outlook to post to Facebook. These men are not whiners, they are operators. There is nothing partisan about my viewpoint, nor is there anything political about it. On a side note, thanks for dismissing me as comedy relief, it says a lot.

GO RV, then BV

You are correct. This is not a SEALS page (more on that below). Apart from your observations as to the nature of the SEALS, even moreso, they would not have a page like this, as no one in uniform would by virtue of representing that uniform, the position and banch of service therein, make a political statement of any kind in a public forum of any kind, as if it were representative of that uniform, branch and the United States of America. Hel, you can't even endorse a breakfast cereal, taking potshots at the Commander in Chief .... no.... would not happen.... I'm sure you will recall as a veteran, we do not ever make public statements on behalf of the United States military (meaning in uniform, or identification as such, etc etc), at all, let alone, about the Commander in Chief. I can have my guys look up how long one would spend in Levenworth doing something like that, I don't know and depending upon how revealing it was, could invoke very very serious charges. And I have to say, though not specific to you... and more in general... I'm surprised that any veteran of any branch of service, thinks for one minute that this is an official or even unofficial SEALS page, and not think there was something very very wrong.

As to the nature of this page... it is from Special Operations Speaks PAC (SOS).......Spelled out.... Special Operations Speaks Political Action Committee.... It is NOT MILITARY Special Operations representative. Catchy name, and I can see where civilians might get confused that this group somehow maybe represents the opinions of a military sub-group called the SEALS. However, be advised, the military does not run a country club. We do not have unions, vote for class president and have special newspapers that communicate to the civilivan public, our personal opinion about the Commander in Chief. We do not communicate the nature of covert operations in general briefings to the public, nor do we ever feel compelled to make sure you completely understand the intimate details of a covert operation. You are certainly welcome to your opinions, and be advised that you do not have enough information to have an intelligent one at this time.

Nothing by definition of that used herein is being supressed . It is however true that the American public is NOT being briefed about a covert operation, the details leading to it, or the happenings because of it, on that horrible day.

Butifidrm... just an FYI, you are correct, there are Marines at the Embassy. The Ambassador was not at the Embassy. He was at the Consulate some 300 miles away.

TPSprayduster, your post #43 is the most fairly accurate analysis in general, quite generally speaking.... And I'm sure you would include the caveat of soverign nation, very very fragile diplomatic status, covert missions in nature and by definition, the boundaries of international waters, the ME tea party and so on.

No one is okay with the death of any soldier on their watch. No one. To think otherwise is almost as immoral as the accusation. No one in command wants to willingly send another to their death. And yet, every day there are those of us who sign up to put ourselves into that level of harm's way, and others of us, who eventually command such. It is gut wrenching to at times be put into a situation of choosing the many over the few. And anyone ... anyone ... who minimizes the agonizing impact of being put in the place of having to make that decision, is an absolute fool.

And anyone who wants to pretend this is the first time such a command decision has been made, might want to re-examine their assumptions about war before jumping into the next one.

And for what its worth, if I am ever KIA over the next few years, please, respect the sacrifice I made in choosing a dangerous mission in service to my country, remember me for duty and honor, and if you decide I'm a hero, that would be cool with me. But please, don't overshadow my choice, sacrifice and service by using my death as one more plank in the platform of a presidential election. Let my death stand in honor on its own and speak only for me, and not about what you think some other guy did or didnt do. It was my life, it was my death, honor me in letting it stand for me and no other.

Just sayin~~

• Upvote 5

from what ive heard this morning .. this picture has gotten much much more exposer now since it got media coverage ,, everyone has to see it now ... it tottally backfired on who ever thought they should take it down ...now 10s of millions of people saw it .. obama is toast ..

I never said they were part of a seal team or even that they were active seals! I clearly stated that once a seal always a seal!!! But even if they were just contractors working for the state department THEY WERE STILL AMERICANS!!!!!!! Nuff said!!!!!

That was the way it was written stone, if you understood politics and just invading a country when things go south then that is another story. Don't twist my comments. I've know a few former military who were killed supporting the troops in a civilian role. American or not you signed up to perform a service and you accept the dangers of the job. NUFF Said. Once a Marine always marine.

You are correct. This is not a SEALS page (more on that below). Apart from your observations as to the nature of the SEALS, even moreso, they would not have a page like this, as no one in uniform would by virtue of representing that uniform, the position and banch of service therein, make a political statement of any kind in a public forum of any kind, as if it were representative of that uniform, branch and the United States of America. Hel, you can't even endorse a breakfast cereal, taking potshots at the Commander in Chief .... no.... would not happen.... I'm sure you will recall as a veteran, we do not ever make public statements on behalf of the United States military (meaning in uniform, or identification as such, etc etc), at all, let alone, about the Commander in Chief. I can have my guys look up how long one would spend in Levenworth doing something like that, I don't know and depending upon how revealing it was, could invoke very very serious charges. And I have to say, though not specific to you... and more in general... I'm surprised that any veteran of any branch of service, thinks for one minute that this is an official or even unofficial SEALS page, and not think there was something very very wrong.

As to the nature of this page... it is from Special Operations Speaks PAC (SOS).......Spelled out.... Special Operations Speaks Political Action Committee.... It is NOT MILITARY Special Operations representative. Catchy name, and I can see where civilians might get confused that this group somehow maybe represents the opinions of a military sub-group called the SEALS. However, be advised, the military does not run a country club. We do not have unions, vote for class president and have special newspapers that communicate to the civilivan public, our personal opinion about the Commander in Chief. We do not communicate the nature of covert operations in general briefings to the public, nor do we ever feel compelled to make sure you completely understand the intimate details of a covert operation. You are certainly welcome to your opinions, and be advised that you do not have enough information to have an intelligent one at this time.

Nothing by definition of that used herein is being supressed . It is however true that the American public is NOT being briefed about a covert operation, the details leading to it, or the happenings because of it, on that horrible day.

Butifidrm... just an FYI, you are correct, there are Marines at the Embassy. The Ambassador was not at the Embassy. He was at the Consulate some 300 miles away.

TPSprayduster, your post #43 is the most fairly accurate analysis in general, quite generally speaking.... And I'm sure you would include the caveat of soverign nation, very very fragile diplomatic status, covert missions in nature and by definition, the boundaries of international waters, the ME tea party and so on.

No one is okay with the death of any soldier on their watch. No one. To think otherwise is almost as immoral as the accusation. No one in command wants to willingly send another to their death. And yet, every day there are those of us who sign up to put ourselves into that level of harm's way, and others of us, who eventually command such. It is gut wrenching to at times be put into a situation of choosing the many over the few. And anyone ... anyone ... who minimizes the agonizing impact of being put in the place of having to make that decision, is an absolute fool.

And anyone who wants to pretend this is the first time such a command decision has been made, might want to re-examine their assumptions about war before jumping into the next one.

And for what its worth, if I am ever KIA over the next few years, please, respect the sacrifice I made in choosing a dangerous mission in service to my country, remember me for duty and honor, and if you decide I'm a hero, that would be cool with me. But please, don't overshadow my choice, sacrifice and service by using my death as one more plank in the platform of a presidential election. Let my death stand in honor on its own and speak only for me, and not about what you think some other guy did or didnt do. It was my life, it was my death, honor me in letting it stand for me and no other.

Just sayin~~

Thank you Rayzur for spelling out exactly what I was thinking, yet unable to express through the printed word. Well done.

GO RV, then BV

from what ive heard this morning .. this picture has gotten much much more exposer now since it got media coverage ,, everyone has to see it now ... it tottally backfired on who ever thought they should take it down ...now 10s of millions of people saw it .. obama is toast ..

You have (IMHO) completely exposed this for what it is......Political assassination. Your post makes it sound like all you ever wanted was to remove Obama from office, nothing about dead Americans. Do I have your agenda correct?

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thank you Rayzur for spelling out exactly what I was thinking, yet unable to express through the printed word. Well done.

GO RV, then BV

You have (IMHO) completely exposed this for what it is......Political assassination. Your post makes it sound like all you ever wanted was to remove Obama from office, nothing about dead Americans. Do I have your agenda correct?

GO RV, then BV

not quite .. im sticking up for the seals right to put on facebook what they want.. the seals want obama gone .. thats what the picture was about .. the seals want obama gone ..face book tried to hide that .. by removing it .. and it got way more attention because they removed it ,, if thats an agenda .. ... whats your agenda by calling me out like that ? obama is toast ..

not quite .. im sticking up for the seals right to put on facebook what they want.. the seals want obama gone .. thats what the picture was about .. the seals want obama gone ..face book tried to hide that .. by removing it .. and it got way more attention because they removed it ,, if thats an agenda .. ... whats your agenda by calling me out like that ? obama is toast ..

Who are these Seals you speak of? Where do you get your information? Are U.S. Navy Seals really speaking out publicly against their CIC? And to your question.....you called yourself out. I just pointed it out.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i wasnt paying much attention to it but i did just read whos facebook page it was .. i for some reason was under the impression that this was a seals personal facebook page with a picture when it was someone else that put up the picture ..not a seal ,..and they used the seals to make a point about obama and the whole libya thing ... so as far as the seals wanting obama gone .. i shouldnt of said that .. but they might who knows . i know i sure do

• Upvote 1

i wasnt paying much attention to it but i did just read whos facebook page it was .. i for some reason was under the impression that this was a seals personal facebook page with a picture when it was someone else that put up the picture ..not a seal ,..and they used the seals to make a point about obama and the whole libya thing ... so as far as the seals wanting obama gone .. i shouldnt of said that ..

Finally a sensible comment from you Don. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i wasnt paying much attention to it but i did just read whos facebook page it was .. i for some reason was under the impression that this was a seals personal facebook page with a picture when it was someone else that put up the picture ..not a seal ,..and they used the seals to make a point about obama and the whole libya thing ... so as far as the seals wanting obama gone .. i shouldnt of said that .. but they might who knows . i know i sure do

Fair enough D-lop. Thanks for calling a shot, a shot. Plus 1 to you. ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That was the way it was written stone, if you understood politics and just invading a country when things go south then that is another story. Don't twist my comments. I've know a few former military who were killed supporting the troops in a civilian role. American or not you signed up to perform a service and you accept the dangers of the job. NUFF Said. Once a Marine always marine.

TP.... I know this is gonna piss you off but..... my pops was a special ops sailor. When it came my turn to enlist, I told dad I wanted to be a Marine, he informed me that he would rather have a wife in the ***** house than a son in the Marines! So I went Army!!!! LOL..... Needless to say, we differ on this one. Yes, you know what you sign up for when you put your name on the dotted line but for our government to "Stand Down" when resources where in place and could have been used......... Those FORMER Navy Seals were lighting up those mortar positions and you know as well as I do that those positions could have been taken out and the lives of those in danger could have been saved..

• Upvote 1

TP.... I know this is gonna piss you off but..... my pops was a special ops sailor. When it came my turn to enlist, I told dad I wanted to be a Marine, he informed me that he would rather have a wife in the ***** house than a son in the Marines! So I went Army!!!! LOL..... Needless to say, we differ on this one. Yes, you know what you sign up for when you put your name on the dotted line but for our government to "Stand Down" when resources where in place and could have been used......... Those FORMER Navy Seals were lighting up those mortar positions and you know as well as I do that those positions could have been taken out and the lives of those in danger could have been saved..

Or more killed, even their own lives may have been spared but I understand what makes a hero.

Stone, i have known a few squids that were outstanding, hell my son is a squid and he wanted to join the corps but i said i think you will be better off in the Navy because you are smart. Stone those guys were in a bad position but again it is the ambassador's call on what goes or what fire to return. In Cairo those marines could have shot a bunch of those protestors but they didn't they can tear up everything outside but enter the building well that is a different story. They had all kinds of stories about the marines being unarmed another tale was told and spread like wildfire until it was debunked. Could they have done it better there? Yes did the Ambassador make the final call yes. Did it cost him his life yes. WE will never know what really happen all we have is speculators.