Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Chris Christie says Sandy first: ‘I don’t give a damn about Election Day’

simple

Chris Christie says Sandy first:

‘I don’t give a damn about Election Day

VIDEO

VIDEO 2

The upcoming election is the last thing on New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s mind.

“I don’t give a damn about Election Day. It doesn’t matter a lick to me at the moment. I’ve got bigger fish to fry,” a solemn Christie told reporters during a morning briefing in which he outlined the damage from Sandy.

“The level of devastation on the Jersey Shore is unthinkable,” Christie said, adding that officials are “nowhere near” being able to let residents back onto the Barrier Islands. “It would be completely unsafe for homeowners to think about today or anytime in the next couple days about going back on the barrier islands. So we want everyone to be patient in that regard,” he said.

Christie said he could not predict how long it would take to restore the region.

“It is beyond anything I thought I would ever see,” he said. “Terrible. So we need to remain patient, let the waters recede, then we can go in and make an assessment about rebuilding that section of the Jersey Shore. It is a terrible sight right now.”

Christie said he spoke to President Barack Obama at midnight. “He assured me that we would have an expedited process with FEMA,” Christie said.

Edited by simple
  • Upvote 4

Christie showed one of the powerful characteristics of leadership: making the main thing the main thing, an honest and demonstrated concern for those he serves, and a strong resolve with a "gitter done" attitude. I like that.

• Upvote 1