Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq To Be Removed From Chapter VII

SWFloridaGuy

This is what I don't get....why if Maliki wants to be King and best buds with Iran....why would the US be so supportive of them being released?

That's a great question. I was wondering the same thing myself. Clearly there are many things we are not aware of. This is a strange time in Dinar Land. However, if we just take this at face value it's very positive news. Clearly this could still take some time as they mentioned in the audit time-frame but great to hear nonetheless. It appears that Iraq has made some real progress and their efforts to work on bilateral relations with Kuwait have not gone unnoticed. Iraq will be released from Chapter VII. It's being worked on behind the scenes as we speak. They are not out yet but eventually they will be and sooner rather than later it appears. This marks an important milestone in the restoration of Iraq’s normalized ties to the international community. The removal of the Chapter VII Charter of the UN is a significant step in returning Iraq to the legal and international standing it held prior to the 1990 invasion of Kuwait. This is a meritorious accomplishment (once it is finalized) for the country of Iraq and for investors a sign that Iraq is on a general road to economic recovery. I'm not going to get all worked up over this article because I'm numb to it at this point but this investement definitely appears to be headed in the right direction.

• Upvote 11

That's a great question. I was wondering the same thing myself. Clearly there are many things we are not aware of. This is a strange time in Dinar Land. However, if we just take this at face value it's very positive news. Clearly this could still take some time as they mentioned in the audit time-frame but great to hear nonetheless. It appears that Iraq has made some real progress and their efforts to work on bilateral relations with Kuwait have not gone unnoticed. Iraq will be released from Chapter VII. It's being worked on behind the scenes as we speak. They are not out yet but eventually they will be and sooner rather than later it appears. This marks an important milestone in the restoration of Iraq’s normalized ties to the international community. The removal of the Chapter VII Charter of the UN is a significant step in returning Iraq to the legal and international standing it held prior to the 1990 invasion of Kuwait. This is a meritorious accomplishment (once it is finalized) for the country of Iraq and for investors a sign that Iraq is on a general road to economic recovery. I'm not going to get all worked up over this article because I'm numb to it at this point but this investement definitely appears to be headed in the right direction.

It is a very good article, thanks so much for bringing it over. Yes I am sure there is more than will ever know. Iraq being under chapter 7 is a great way to keep them under the thumb for the US. It just does not make sense. :mellow:

• Upvote 1

It is a very good article, thanks so much for bringing it over. Yes I am sure there is more than will ever know. Iraq being under chapter 7 is a great way to keep them under the thumb for the US. It just does not make sense. :mellow:

I hear ya man. Doesn't make any sense to me either. This was the last thing I was expecting to read today. The only explanation I can think of is 4 days ago the UN Compensations Commission on Iraqi invasion of Kuwait announced the allocation of $1.09 billion to compensate 5 Kuwaiti "governmental" companies which remained nameless. I'm sure there's more to it though and like the article says this has been a work in progress behind the scenes for quite some time. Who knows, still nice to see in print though.

This is what I don't get....why if Maliki wants to be King and best buds with Iran....why would the US be so supportive of them being released?

It will never happen they are always helping to remove them from chapter 7 and it never gets done

• Downvote 1

When the book comes out, you can read all about it... :lol:

• Upvote 2

what does working with them mean ..?

does it mean they want them released ,,or instructing them of the dos and donts ....

the us could be there daily saying what do you think your doing .. if you want out of chapter 7 .. you cant be doing things like letting iran use your air space to deliver weapons to syria .. .

iraq thinks they will be released from chapter 7 to go back to its undemocratic ways .. but thats not going to happen ,, its got to be in stone . institutionalized so it would be impossible to return to its days of old .

they dont have that oh so important seated govt .. a complete government .. maliki thinks he can do without certain parts of a stable govt .. like security minister....for one .

ole malik is trying to leave out a few things so he can disolve its govt at any tme after being released and replace it his way .. like a neanderthol

chapter 6 ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapter_VI_of_the_United_Nations_Charter

Edited by dontlop

1.^ Collective Insecurity, Harvard International Review,"Chapter VI establishes the appropriate methods of settling international disputes and the Security Council's powers in relation to them. It is generally agreed that resolutions under Chapter VI are advisory rather than binding.

2.^ Possible Extension of the UN Mandate for Iraq: Options, 'The basic difference between Chapters VI and VII is that under Chapter VII, the Council may impose measures on states that have obligatory legal force and therefore need not depend on the consent of the states involved. To do this, the Council must determine that the situation constitutes a threat or breach of the peace. In contrast, measures under Chapter VI do not have the same force, and military missions under Chapter VI would rest on consent by the state in question'

• Upvote 3

sorry I'm on someone else's PC and their translation/word programs aren't helping me out much. my apologies for the arabic.

50376 http://www.alsumarianews.com/ NewsDetails 50376 http://www.alsumarianews.com/ NewsDetails United States: Iraq has the right to buyweapons from any country and the F16 is not cars

المحرر: NQEditor: NQ

الثلاثاء 30 ت1 201216:45 GMT Tuesday 30 v 1 2012 16:45 GMT

50376 http://www.alsumarianews.com/ NewsDetails 50376 http://www.alsumaria...com/NewsDetails

طائرات اف 16 F-16aircraft

طائرات اف 16F-16 aircraft

السومرية نيوز/ بغداد Alsumaria News / Baghdad

أكدت الولايات المتحدة الأميركية،الثلاثاء، أن من حق العراق شراء الأسلحة من أي بلد، فيما اعتبرت أن شراء طائراتالـF16 "التي يتم بناؤها حاليا" ليست كشراء السيارات، مشددة على ضرورةالتأكد من البنية التحتية ووضع القواعد الجوية المناسبة من اجل استلام هذهالطائرات. The United States of America, on Tuesday, that Iraq has theright buy weapons from any country, while considered to buy aircraft F16"which are built now" is not like buying cars, stressing the need toensure that infrastructure and the development of air bases appropriate forreceipt of these aircraft.

وقال السفير الأميركي في العراق ستيفنبيكروفت في حديث لعدد من وسائل الإعلام بينها "السومرية نيوز"، إن"الولايات المتحدة تحترم سيادة العراق وهذا يشمل أن يشتري معدات عسكرية من أيبلد"، مبينا أنه "بأي شكل من الاشكال يحق للعراق أن يتعامل مع اي بلداخر ويشتري منه الاسلحة". He said the U.S.ambassador in Iraq Stephen Beecroft in an interview with a number of media,including "Alsumaria News", "The United States respects thesovereignty of Iraq and this includes to buy military equipment from anycountry," noting that "in any way the right of Iraq to deal with anyanother country and buy him weapons. "

وأضاف بيكروفت أن "الولاياتالمتحدة واثقة بعلاقتها مع العراق بما يتعلق بمبيعات الأسلحة الأميركية ونشعر أنالعلاقة متينة بهذا المجال"، مشيرا إلى أن "الولايات المتحدة نقلت إلىالعراق دبابات ومدرعات وطائرات هيلكوبترات وأنواع أخرى، كما تعمل عن كثب لتزويدهبطائرات الـF16 في أقرب وقت ممكن". The Beecroft "TheUnited States is confident its relationship with Iraq, including the sales ofU.S. arms and feel that the relationship strong in this area," adding that"the United States moved to Iraq tanks, armored vehicles and aircraftHeldopetrat and other types, is also working closely to provide aircraft theF16 as soon as possible ".

وأوضح السفير الأميركي في العراق أن"هذا الأمر يشمل التدريب على استخدام هذه المعدات وصيانتها من قبلالعراقيين"، لافتا إلى أن "الولايات المتحدة تعمل على كثب مع الحكومةالعراقية لنقل المعدات العسكرية والتأكد من المواصفات المطلوبة من خلال برنامجنالنقل هذه الاسلحة توفرها الحكومة العراقية. The U.S. ambassador toIraq that "this includes training in the use of this equipment andmaintenance by the Iraqis," pointing out that "the United States isworking on closely with the Iraqi government to transfer military equipment andto make sure the required specifications through our program to transfer theseweapons provided by the Iraqi government.

وأشار بيكروفت إلى أن "وكيل وزيرالدفاع الأميركي كان موجود هنا في العراق والتقى مع مسؤولين عراقيين ضمنهم رئيسالوزراء ووزير الدفاع بالوكالة"، موضحا أن "أحد النقاط الاساسية التي تمالنقاش بشأنها هو تسليم طائرات الـF16". Beecroft noted that"Under Secretary of Defense was not here in Iraq and met with Iraqiofficials including Prime Minister and Acting Minister of Defense,"explaining that "one of the main points that have been debated is thedelivery of the aircraft F16".

ولفت السفير الأميركي في العراق إلى أن"طائرات الـF16 يتم بنائها حاليا وهي ليست كشراء سيارة، حيث يتم بنائهاللزبون بشكل خاص"، مضيفا "نحن نعمل مع الحكومة العراقية من اجل التأكدمن البنية التحتية ووضع القواعد الجوية إن كان مناسبا من اجل استلام هذهالطائرات". The ambassador in Iraq that "aircraftF16 being built and it is not like buying a car, where it is built to thecustomer in particular," he said, adding, "We are working with theIraqi government to make sure the infrastructure and the development of airbases if appropriate in order to receive these aircraft ".

وتابع بيكروفت أن "الولاياتالمتحدة تعمل أيضا في نفس الوقت على تدريب الطيارين وموظفي الصيانة من اجل ان الاعتناءبهذه الطائرات بعد استلامها ومن اجل ان يكتفي العراق ذاتيا بهذا المجال"،مشيرا إلى أن "عمليات شراء الطائرات معقدة وفيها نقاط متعددة نعمل من اجل انيتم تحقيق كل هذه النقاط في اسرع وقت ممكن". He Beecroft "TheUnited States is also working at the same time to train pilots and maintenancestaff in order to take care of these aircraft after receiving and order thatonly Iraq self in this area," noting that "the purchase of aircraftcomplex where multiple points are working in order to be achieve all these pointsas soon as possible. "

واعتبر السفير الأميركي في العراق أنه"لا يمكن تدريب طيار على طائرة الـF16 بين ليلة وضحاها، كما لايمكن التدريبحتى على صيانتها بهذه السرعة كونها قطعة تكنولوجية معقدة جدا ومتطورة وتحتاج الىتدريب كبير ووقت طويل"، مشددا على "ضرورة أخذ الوقت الكافي لبناء هذهالطائرات وتحضير القواعد الجوية المناسبة لها". He considered the U.S.ambassador in Iraq that "can not train a pilot on a plane the F16 betweenovernight and can not be training until the maintenance so quickly as a piecetechnological very complex and sophisticated and you need to train a large andlong time," stressing "the need to take the time to build theseaircraft and prepare appropriate air bases. "

وكانت روسيا قد أعلنت، في (9 تشرينالأول 2012)، أنها وقعت صفقات لبيع أسلحة بقيمة 4.2 مليار دولار مع العراق، لتصبحأكبر مورد سلاح له بعد الولايات المتحدة. Russia has announced, in(9 October 2012), it has signed deals to sell weapons worth $ 4.2 billion withIraq, to ​​become its biggest arms supplier after the United States.

وأعلن المستشار الإعلامي لرئيس الحكومةعلي الموسوي، في (12 تشرين الأول 2012)، أن العراق وتشيكيا اتفقا على تعديل بنودعقد شراء 24 طائرة من نوع L-159 ، وفيما بين أنه براغ ستزود العراق بأربع طائراتمجانا. And announced, media advisor to Prime Minister Ali al-Moussawi,(12 October 2012), that Iraq and the Czech Republic agreed to amend the termsof the contract for the purchase of 24 aircraft of the type L-159, and amongthat Prague will provide Iraq with four planes for free.

واعتبر رئيس الحكومة نوري المالكي، في(24 تشرين الاول الحالي)، الأصوات المعترضة على تسليح الجيش العراقي تتحدث عن"وهم" بأن هذا السلاح سيوجه لهذا الطرف أو ذاك، مؤكدا أنها لا تقاسبالأصوات المرحبة والمؤيدة، فيما أشار إلى أن السلاح دفاعي. The president of thegovernment Nuri al-Maliki, in (24 October now), sounds objecting to arm theIraqi army speak for "they" that this weapon will be directed to thisor that party, confirming that it is not measured voices welcoming andsupportive, as pointed out that arms defensively.

وأثارت صفقات الأسلحة مع روسيا والتشيكقلق السياسيين لاسيما الكرد، حيث أبدى التحالف الكردستاني، في (13 تشرين الأول2012)، قلقه بشأن تلك الصفقات، داعيا إلى توضيح آليات تلك الصفقات، فيما طالب بعدماستثناء قوات البيشمركة منها. And raised arms deals with Russia and theCzech political concern, especially the Kurds, where he made the KurdistanAlliance, (13 October 2012), concern about such deals, calling to clarify themechanisms of these deals, asked not to exclude Peshmerga forces.

فيما اعتبر زعيم التيار الصدري مقتدىالصدر في (20 تشرين الأول 2012)، صفقة السلاح التي أبرمتها الحكومة العراقية معروسيا وتشيكيا "فئوية ليست وطنية، وأنها ضياع للمال العراقي"، داعياالبرلمان إلى التحقق من تلك الصفقات. Regarded as the clericMoqtada al-Sadr (20 October 2012), arms deal concluded by the Iraqi governmentwith Russia and the Czech Republic "factional not national, and it is awaste of Iraqi money," calling on parliament to verify those transactions.

فيما أعلنت لجنة الأمن والدفاعالبرلمانية في (20 تشرين الأول 2012)، عن قرب تشكيلها لجنة لمتابعة عقود التسليحالتي أبرمتها الحكومة العراقية مؤخرا، مشيرة إلى أن تشكيل اللجنة يأتي استجابةلدعوة زعيم التيار الصدري مقتدى الصدر وللكثير من المطالبات الأخرى.As announced to the Commission on Security and Defense parliamentary (20October 2012), closely formed a committee to follow up armament contractsconcluded by the Iraqi government recently, noting that the formation of thecommittee comes in response to an invitation cleric Moqtada al-Sadr and many ofthe other claims.

أكد عضو لجنة الامن والدفاع النيابيةعباس البياتي، في (10 تشرين الاول الحالي)، أن العراق لن يفرط بتحالفه الاستراتيجيمع الولايات المتحدة الأميركية، مشيرا إلى أن العلاقة مع واشنطن تبقى"أساسية"، فيما لفت إلى عدم وجود أي خطة لشراء طائرات روسية.According to a member of the security and defense committee parliamentary Abbasal-Bayati, in (10 October now), that Iraq will not abandon alliance strategicwith the United States, pointing out that the relationship with Washingtonremain "essential", while pointing out that there is no plan to buyRussian aircraft.

وتسعى الحكومة العراقية إلى تسليح الجيشالعراقي بجميع صنوفه، حيث تعاقدت مع عدد من الدول العالمية المصنعة للأسلحةالمتطورة منها الولايات المتحدة الأميركية لغرض تجهيز الجيش من مدرعات ودباباتمطورة وطائرات مروحية وحربية منها الـF16 والتي أعلن مكتب القائد العام للقواتالمسلحة نوري المالكي، في (13 أيار 2012)، أن العراق سيتسلم الدفعة الأولى منهاعام 2014. The government is seeking Iraqiarming the Iraqi army all صنوفه, where contracted with a number of countries inthe world arms manufacturing advanced, including the United States for thepurpose of processing the army of armored vehicles and tanks advanced aircraftand helicopters and gunships, including the F16 and declared Office of the AdjutantGeneral of the Armed Forces Nouri al-Maliki, in (13 May 2012), that Iraq willreceive the first batch of them in 2014. <br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">

http://www.alsumaria...ity%20news.html

if this article is true, then it indicates the US is not exerting extreme force as result of Iraq's relationship with Iran, but are governing the potential transfer of aiding Iran's weaponry/war capabilities.<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">

Edited by Alexyn1006
  • Upvote 1

"STOP STEALING FROM THE COOKIE JAR AND LET EVERYONE ELSE HAVE SOME LOLbiggrin.gif"

"Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar? Who me? Yes you!! Couldn't be..Then who? {insert Iraqi) stole the cookies from the cookie jar....Who me? Yes you! Couldn't be...Then who? {Insert another Iraqi}.....and on and on and on!

Come on RV!