Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Romney expands false Jeep-to-China ad campaign

simple

I talked to a good friend of mine whose dad owns 2 dealships in town chrysler and chevy . He said sales of chevy to chrysler is almost 2 to 1 and he said that being generous. He said poor quality and reliabilty ratings have hurt chrysler for a number of years. He said they've had 3 new dodge darts on the lot for over 2 months and when people compare the chevy sonic and cruze whose base price is thousands cheaper and 40 mpg hwy compared to 29 on the dart with a 4 cyclinder it's not a hard decision. This is easily varifiable on the internet on car and driver on model specs.....He said chrsyler is hurting ,due to not having alot of economy cars compared to chevy and ford.

and foriegn cars. With gas prices over 3 dollars a gallion all auto the makers are hurting other than the sales of some subcompacts.. Why would anybody hire over 1100 employess when they're sales and product line lags behind everybody else? Saying and doing is 2 different things. Especially with a election year and a president who used tax payers dollars to bail Chrysler) them out.

All due respect from news articles... not hearsay.

Chrysler Group LLC, Ford Motor Co. (F), General Motors Co., Toyota Motor Corp. and Honda (7267) Motor Co. said U.S. sales in August rose more than analysts estimated as new models such as the Dodge Dart, Ford Escape and Chevrolet Spark built on gains earlier this year. Light-vehicle deliveries last month were at the fastest pace since the government’s 2009 “cash for clunkers” program.

Third Shifts

GM, adding third shifts to factories in four states, has created 4,300 jobs working odd hours. Automakers, including Chrysler, Nissan Motor Co. (7201) and Kia Motors Corp. (000270), have announced plans to add production beyond the normal two-shift day in at least 15 plants.

The stronger-than-expected results from the five biggest sellers of cars and light trucks in the U.S. “is an affirmation that the automotive market is strong.

Chrysler sales last month increased 14 percent, the Auburn Hills, Michigan-based company said yesterday in a statement. Ford’s car and light-truck deliveries rose 13 percent and GM’s climbed 10 percent. The automakers topped 10 analysts’ average estimates of 9.9 percent for Chrysler, 8.5 percent for Ford and 3 percent for GM.

Chrysler Gains

Chrysler, the automaker controlled by Fiat SpA (F), said deliveries of the Dart almost quadrupled from a month earlier to 3,045, helping extend its streak of U.S. sales gains to 29 months. Chief Executive Officer Sergio Marchionne is counting on a steady climb in demand for Dart, introduced in June, as Chrysler continues to update its lineup.

“We expect Chrysler to continue to gobble up incremental share in the compact-car segment,” Alec Gutierrez, an analyst at Irvine, California-based auto-market researcher Kelley Blue Book, said in a telephone interview. “Chrysler is still trying to get enough selection of variety out to their dealers to satisfy demand. Their product portfolio has improved.”

• Upvote 2

http://blog.caranddriver.com/september-2012-sales-what-the-headlines-dont-tell-you/ This is a unabiased report from car and driver . They investigated what was happening to the auto industry and found out that sales are up due to the Auto Credit Market driving growth and lending to people with low credit ratings. WOW so this where they're getting they're numbers on sold cars :blink: good article B)

http://blog.caranddriver.com/september-2012-sales-what-the-headlines-dont-tell-you/ This is a unabiased report from car and driver . They investigated what was happening to the auto industry and found out that sales are up due to the Auto Credit Market driving growth and lending to people with low credit ratings. WOW so this where they're getting they're numbers on sold cars :blink: good article B)

Neither here nor there.

Tell me Tommy, where did the China production information derive? How did the story start? Where did the story begin?

• Upvote 2

Neither here nor there.

Tell me Tommy, where did the China production information derive? How did the story start? Where did the story begin?

Talking about it 'and doing it are two different things. <_< With a weak economy and a debt deadline loomin in december (unless the U.S governemnt prints more money again ) the united states is offically broke. :blink: The only real job growth we have had is in "big government", the private sector is hurting. I'am sorry "the chinese didn't become a economic powerhouse being dumb". Just about every economic forecaster in this country is not painting a pretty picture for us next year. Like i said it's a election year and chrysler was bailed out by are governement ,lets see what really happens. I know china said it 'so it must be true. :lol: Here's one for you also maybe Al Gore is promising to help chrysler in china like he did apple(on apples board payroll) manufacture the i-phones. :lol:

Talking about it 'and doing it are two different things. <_< With a weak economy and a debt deadline loomin in december (unless the U.S governemnt prints more money again ) the united states is offically broke. :blink: The only real job growth we have had is in "big government", the private sector is hurting. I'am sorry "the chinese didn't become a economic powerhouse being dumb". Just about every economic forecaster in this country is not painting a pretty picture for us next year. Like i said it's a election year and chrysler was bailed out by are governement ,lets see what really happens. I know china said it 'so it must be true. :lol: Here's one for you also maybe Al Gore is promising to help chrysler in china like he did apple(on apples board payroll) manufacture the i-phones. :lol:

What? Who? China? You have no idea how this began and you're commenting? WoW!

• Upvote 1

What? Who? China? You have no idea how this began and you're commenting? WoW!

You do realise china is a cummunist country ,and one of the biggest currency manipulators ( export of cheap goods) in the world. :blink: That told it's people it would be years till they revalued their currency, instead did it the following week. :lol: That your administration in the past admitted is a big problem for the U.S and the world. But yet another failed area of government by this administration. B)

You do realise china is a cummunist country ,and one of the biggest currency manipulators ( export of cheap goods) in the world. :blink: That told it's people it would be years till they revalued their currency, instead did it the following week. :lol: That your administration in the past admitted is a big problem for the U.S and the world. But yet another failed area of government by this administration. B)

Tommy, China does not have a part in this piece of language from Romney. My question was on the subject of this thread; Romney saying Chrysler sending jobs to China. Do you know how Romney came to that statement?