Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Romney sweep of Iowa Endorsements

cris

Romney Sweeps Major Iowa Newspaper Endorsements

By Eliana Johnson

October 28, 2012 12:25 P.M.

On the heels of the Des Moines Register’s endorsement, Mitt Romney snagged endorsements today from the three other major Iowa papers: the Cedar Rapids Gazette, the Quad City Times, and the Sioux City Journal. Economic issues tipped the balance here, and the Gazette captured the sentiment expressed in all four endorsements:

We concede Obama inherited a heaping plateful of problems in January 2009, but we do not believe his performance in managing them earned him a second term. Simply put, we don’t believe more government, more spending and more debt is the answer to what ails us, and we fear only more of the same in a second Obama term

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

By Eliana Johnson

On the heels of the Des Moines Register’s endorsement, Mitt Romney snagged endorsements today from the three other major Iowa papers: the Cedar Rapids Gazette, the Quad City Times, and the Sioux City Journal. Economic issues tipped the balance here, and the Gazette captured the sentiment expressed in all four endorsements:

We concede Obama inherited a heaping plateful of problems in January 2009, but we do not believe his performance in managing them earned him a second term. Simply put, we don’t believe more government, more spending and more debt is the answer to what ails us, and we fear only more of the same in a second Obama term

Now there's some good Iowa wisdom...and just might make a fine campaign slogan....

ROMNEY....GOOD FOR WHAT AILS YA AMERICA! ;)

• Upvote 1

By Eliana Johnson

that makes me feel there is hope, I listen to Sunday talk show and I here the left spewing Obama for four more years and I think of the sheep in Michigan (unions) that will just vote like there told and not what they truly believe. Stand up left, right or some where in the middle and speak from your heart and stop worrying about what your party might think of you. and we can turn our country around.

• Upvote 2

If you like that....Check this out :D

Why I Think Obama Is Toast

By: Dan McLaughlin (Diary) | October 26th, 2012 at 03:03 PM | 90

Barack Obama is toast. This is not something I say lightly. I generally try to remain cautious about predictions, because the prediction business is a humbling one. I have never been especially bullish on Mitt Romney, and I spent most of the summer and early fall arguing that this was basically a neck-and-neck race that would go down to the wire. But in the end, two things stand out:

One, Mitt Romney has a consistent, significant lead among independent voters, which increasingly looks like a double-digit lead. This is especially clear in national polls, but can also be seen in the key swing state polls. It’s been a hard enough number for the past few weeks now, even as the last of the debates gets baked into the polls, that there’s little chance that Obama can turn it around in the 11 days remaining in this race. In fact, Obama has been underwater with independents almost continuously since the middle of 2009.

Two, to overcome losing independents by more than a few points, Obama needs to have a decisive advantage in Democratic turnout, roughly on the order of – or in some places exceeding – the advantage he enjoyed in 2008, when Democrats nationally had a 7-point advantage (39-32). Yet nearly every indicator we have of turnout suggests that, relative to Republicans, the Democrats are behind where they were in 2008. Surveys by the two largest professional pollsters, Rasmussen and Gallup, actually suggest that Republicans will have a turnout advantage, which has happened only once (in the 2002 midterms) in the history of exit polling and probably hasn’t happened in a presidential election year since the 1920s.

• Upvote 5

By Eliana Johnson

Thats music to my ears.

• Upvote 1