Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kaperoni - Now If This Doesn't Give U Confidence, Nothing Will !

DinarThug

CNN. Broadcasting With The Utmost In Journalistic Standards While Striving To Inform Both Of Our Viewers !

10-26-12 Kaperoni: Ok, I have been sitting on this for a while and with all the articles recently talking about the revalue, etc. I wanted to point out this quote from the April SIGIR (Special Inspector General for Iraqi Reconstruction) confirming something close to 1.17 to $1 or .86. Now if this does not give you all confidence in your investment, nothing will.

Keep in mind, this was written at the time Maliki was trying to stop this."Official exchange rate for Iraqi dinar strengthened marginally against the U.S. dollar, selling at 1,166 per dollar through much of the quarter.

That rate is down slightly from 1,170—a level that had held constant for the past three years. However, a spike in demand for dollars generated by merchants from neighboring Iran and Syria—suddenly unable to procure sufficient amounts of the U.S. currency at home because of international sanctions helped drive the unofficial street exchange rate above 1,320 dinar

in mid-April.375

In April 2012, the CoM postponed indefinitely plans for a currency reform that would have removed three zeros from the Iraqi dinar in 2013 and required the issuance of new currency notes.

The reform would have made the dinar’s value slightly less than $1." This report is in the Research Library, page 84 (94 in the file).

In response to article above:

10-26-12 tlar: Maliki has any number of reasons he doesn't want the dinar to revalue. What's important is that even his own guy seems to be following in the steps of Shabibi. Other than arrests at the CBI I really don't see any major changes.

Turki has in fact acknowledged that they need to raise the value or just drop the 3 zeros off the currency. He is also stated they need to continue the auctions.

These are the very same auctions Maliki and his goons were saying hurt the economy. Turkri was one of the guys who investigated Shabibi and ended up at least temporarily, with his job.

He is one of that group who spoke out not onlymagainst just Shabibi, but the auctions. I guess you really don't know or understand something until you walk in the shoes of the one doing it.

Other than assisting in the take over of the bank, I'm not sure Turki is making any significant changes at all. In fact I would dare say that he is running around like a madman trying to control the CBI because for one thing, he must be shorthanded with all the new openings.

Let's see now 36 + 19 + 2 +++ and that's just at the main office.

Thug Note: FYI, I'm Not Familiar With Who Tlar Is Or Which Site They Post On But Dinar Recaps Had This Posted Together With Kaperoni. ;)

http://www.sigir.mil/files/quarterlyreports/April2012/Report_-_April_2012.pdf#view=fit

• Upvote 9

have been seeing the 1.oo and the 1.17 ,, and the .86 for years now ,,, with the way the iraq situation is between too starved cash countres, in my thinking they are wasting a lot of money with thinking --- what and when too pull the trigger on dinar values ,,,, sure -sure ,,, call it dinar apprication ,,,, i apprecaite the hell out of it when this gets the value of 2.oo :lol:;) these folks keep putting study groups togeather too what ??? learn how too waste money ??? they have had the articles in the local news for two years already ,about how too exchange the dinar and the worth being in line with the u.s. dollar ------ what dang political knuckle head is in the way now??? the elections are coming in iraq also ??? maliki would do well getting this in his polling pocket if it comes out near the 1 too 1 mark and fast ,,,,,,,, just my thinking thanks ---- thuggy ;) oh and c.n.n we`re on your side :lol::P

• Upvote 5

Kaperoni still doesn't understand that the SIGIR report was talking about Shabibi's redenomination plan which would have made the value of the dinar 86 cents or "slightly less than $1". Why would a reference to a lop inspire confidence?

Would love to know that answer myself......maybe we have it all wrong Doc and the point of buying the dinar was to break even??? blink.gif

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 9

laugh.gif Pretty much....hell I coulda just put my money in a little piggy bank and put it in a time capsule to be dug up years later in case Im broke hahaha.....

There used to be a pink piggy on here with weekly countdowns to the rv. I think pink piggy ran out of numbers

• Upvote 1

Kaperoni still doesn't understand that the SIGIR report was talking about Shabibi's redenomination plan which would have made the value of the dinar 86 cents or "slightly less than $1". Why would a reference to a lop inspire confidence?

Pardon the expression - but taking this comment at face value, I do not believe it is referencing a lop. It speaks directly towards the value of a dinar. More specifically – 86 cents.

Please correct me if I am wrong but if the value of a dinar was raised to 86 cents, then 1 million dinar would be worth 860,000 dollars. Not too shabby.

Which raises the eternal question – will this be a revaluation or a redenomination. Either way, the zeroes will have to be removed from the bank notes. If they revalue their currency it would necessitate the introduction of new bank notes with a lowered face value (like the 1, 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 dollar bills) as it would no longer be practical to walk around with a 25k, 10k, 5k, 1k, 500 or 250 dinar bank note in your possession.

I would love to see the GOI/CBI/or eee-eye-eee-eye-oh raise the value of the dinar. Wouldn’t you?

• Upvote 3

laugh.gif Pretty much....hell I coulda just put my money in a little piggy bank and put it in a time capsule to be dug up years later in case Im broke hahaha.....

With my luck if I did that someone else would find it, or I would forget where I buried the money. :lol:

Edited by fastarnie
  • Upvote 1

Pardon the expression - but taking this comment at face value, I do not believe it is referencing a lop. It speaks directly towards the value of a dinar. More specifically – 86 cents.

Please correct me if I am wrong but if the value of a dinar was raised to 86 cents, then 1 million dinar would be worth 860,000 dollars. Not too shabby.

Which raises the eternal question – will this be a revaluation or a redenomination. Either way, the zeroes will have to be removed from the bank notes. If they revalue their currency it would necessitate the introduction of new bank notes with a lowered face value (like the 1, 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 dollar bills) as it would no longer be practical to walk around with a 25k, 10k, 5k, 1k, 500 or 250 dinar bank note in your possession.

I would love to see the GOI/CBI/or eee-eye-eee-eye-oh raise the value of the dinar. Wouldn’t you?

If they get the value of the dinar to 86 cents by deleting the zeros, which is exactly what this report is talking about, then you will not make anything.......

Your 1 million old dinar at the rate of 1166, will be equal to 1000 NEW dinar at the rate of 1.16......so the dinar does gain value, but its a neutral event.....

The dinar we hold now would never see a higher value. We break even minus fees of exchanging. Its the exact opposite of what we want and people like Kap only serve to confuse people and pump this as the greatest investment of all time as if its a sure thing.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 10

CNN. Broadcasting With The Utmost In Journalistic Standards While Striving To Inform Both Of Our Viewers !

Speaking of gassy pigs, has Tandy posted lately?

Yo Snap ! I'm Missing Half Of My Audience ! :o

:D:D:D

• Upvote 2

If they get the value of the dinar to 86 cents by deleting the zeros, which is exactly what this report is talking about, then you will not make anything.......

Your 1 million old dinar at the rate of 1166, will be equal to 1000 NEW dinar at the rate of 1.16......so the dinar does gain value, but its a neutral event.....

The dinar we hold now would never see a higher value. We break even minus fees of exchanging. Its the exact opposite of what we want and people like Kap only serve to confuse people and pump this as the greatest investment of all time as if its a sure thing.

keep, i've been seeing you say this for a very long time and i do understand what you're saying. my question(s) then would be is there any hope or scenario our "investment" will ever make us any or any substantial amount of money on the back end and if not, why do we continue to hold on to this stuff?

• Upvote 2

keep, i've been seeing you say this for a very long time and i do understand what you're saying. my question(s) then would be is there any hope or scenario our "investment" will ever make us any or any substantial amount of money on the back end and if not, why do we continue to hold on to this stuff?

The possibility is always there......it seems the GOI is against them lopping which Im def all for lol....and getting Shabs out of the picture couldnt hurt either since he has been the head of this plan. They did start talking about selling the gold coins and reducing the money supply which sounds great because thats the biggest hurdle right now keeping the value from rising.

Our best bet for their situation, is to start pulling in the money supply while still adding to the reserves. The value will grow....not overnight....but it would happen!!! Slow and gradual is what we should be expecting! Just wish they would speed things up a tad lol

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

The possibility is always there......it seems the GOI is against them lopping which Im def all for lol....and getting Shabs out of the picture couldnt hurt either since he has been the head of this plan. They did start talking about selling the gold coins and reducing the money supply which sounds great because thats the biggest hurdle right now keeping the value from rising.

Our best bet for their situation, is to start pulling in the money supply while still adding to the reserves. The value will grow....not overnight....but it would happen!!! Slow and gradual is what we should be expecting! Just wish they would speed things up a tad lol

Slow and gradual. How long should it take to increase value to make this investment worth our time and money? At the current speed, it might be 20 more years. Safe to say, they dont know how to increase the value, or they can not increase the value due to circumstances. Either way, I think people invested could lose confidence in iraq's ability to manage the iqd's value. Hopefully, they have a plan.

• Upvote 4

Your 1 million old dinar at the rate of 1166, will be equal to 1000 NEW dinar at the rate of 1.16......so the dinar does gain value, but its a neutral event..... Hey Keep......what New DINAR??? they just started printing the New Dinar in August or September didnt they??? So in April how could become 1000 New Dinar if it wasnt available yet????

• Upvote 1

What a clown he is.

Yeah. So then he said "I tell facts." Oh, really? It's a fact that I can kiss my investment goodbye? That was less than 2 weeks ago. Remember the time he posted some article and explained it to us, saying the RV wasn't even ever going to happen? "I tell facts"

Sorry, I'll stop now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Your 1 million old dinar at the rate of 1166, will be equal to 1000 NEW dinar at the rate of 1.16......so the dinar does gain value, but its a neutral event..... Hey Keep......what New DINAR??? they just started printing the New Dinar in August or September didnt they??? So in April how could become 1000 New Dinar if it wasnt available yet????

The new dinar I am referring to is the lower denoms that they would have to approve and introduce to the citizens.....

They havent started printing any "new" denominations.....that requires approval from the GOI if they are changing the currency....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

The new dinar I am referring to is the lower denoms that they would have to approve and introduce to the citizens.....

They havent started printing any "new" denominations.....that requires approval from the GOI if they are changing the currency....

I agree. Here's what PD idiot RAY (desert dog) had to say about the new lower denoms earlier today.

"It is being counted, tagged and reboxed for shipping out as of this very minute.

Ray"

I call Bullchit.

• Upvote 1